Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• I think we should start a thread on ideas of how to make group combat more viable.

I threw up an idea earlier, and I think Seir's Avalon/Lithmeria seems to be pretty good too.

If we can come up with more stuff that can be implemented to make team combat less about mass ganking and more about strategy/splitting teams and targets up, maybe we'll see an improvement to our gaming experience.
    Riluo
  • edited May 2014
    Why not, like the hunt grounds limit the number of tethered people to a aura'd room? Force people to make smaller teams that split up and it also helps with people just playing the numbers game by simply throwing more people at a group.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I think for group combat everyone should have to find a fish of choice and try to bludgeon each other to death with said fish, while compensating for the inherent flaws of them. Skewer someone on a swordfish? OK but it's slippery and floppy! Grip it firmly!
    AleeOmeiCiarelleAshmerMinaraelEmelleRou
  • Fifty some giftbags and I add my second artifact, a keyring, to my first, a crystal necklace of rebirth... -_-
    *unnecessary banner*
  • Xavin said:

Because mindsurge doesn't drain mana twice with every dwhisper

I've no interest in continuing this discussion in this thread, just wanted to address this statement, as it's highly misleading. While mindsurge does drain twice for dwhispers, the drain is halved for each, making the actual mana loss identical to that of single whispers.

Riluo
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Ready @Areka? Here we go.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Areka
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    After as many years as I've been in IRE games, the fact that I still fail at converting dates to OOC times is disturbing.
    IshinTeaniAryanneAshmerOmeiEmelleTragerPiper
  • To convert from Aetolian to OOC dates: DATE
    Example: DATE 4 VARIACH 304

Now you'll never miss one of those Divine meetings :)
  • Iosyne said:

After as many years as I've been in IRE games, the fact that I still fail at converting dates to OOC times is disturbing.

I don't even try to convert them no more @Iosyne‌ .. its why EVENTS is soo smexy!!!

Well when Admin say they'll put it on events and dont :P @ new news post.. lol
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • I rage at the Culling Blade.... thats probably the most annoying artifact power ever!! Useful, but I still hate it.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Good thing your side has vivisect.

• TozToz
    edited May 2014
    Serrice said:

WTB room-wide culling blade.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

IshinRiluo
  • I rage at the god forsaken unicorns skill of retribution. There should be no way someone can kill someone else with 90% hp and 90% mp..... such a bunch of friggin unicorns. Makes me want to find that person and punch them in the face when they use that skill. So annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Riluo
  • edited May 2014
    Zsadist said:

I rage at the god forsaken unicorns skill of retribution. There should be no way someone can kill someone else with 90% hp and 90% mp..... such a bunch of friggin unicorns. Makes me want to find that person and punch them in the face when they use that skill. So annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come at me bro
    Serrice said:

Riluo
  • Dwodin said:

Zsadist said:

I rage at the god forsaken unicorns skill of retribution. There should be no way someone can kill someone else with 90% hp and 90% mp..... such a bunch of friggin unicorns. Makes me want to find that person and punch them in the face when they use that skill. So annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come at me bro
    Where do you live? :P

• I'm gonna ask that we curb this otherwise fruitful and edifying line of conversation.

i am rapture coder
    Furtum
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    You shout, "He probably got tired of hearing that hole in your face spew s-word, I know the rest of us
    sure do sometimes."

The Divine voice of Someone powerful echoes in your head, "Curb your language when you shout or
    you'll find yourself unable to do so."

Are you fucking kidding me? This place is fucking PG-13, you hear that word all the time in PG-13 films. You can even go to the library and check out fucking books with harsher language in it by far. Get off my back, bro, because telling me stuff like that does -nothing- except make me want to do it again, just as a flip of the finger to your face.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Had the credit card in ready for a purchase of credits, look at giftbags. 1-150...go take dog out...come back...someone won the minor...cancel transaction...lol

Ishin
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited May 2014
    [(98%)|5838(90%)|50|100%|99%|92%|28.5%|R:91|Md:0%]
    Valingar carves you up with a lissome steel scimitar.
    You jerk your body to the side, lessening the blow.
    As the scimitar strikes, you feel it draining your mental power.
    Valingar drives a cleaving, Trollish scimitar downward, gashing you open.
    [(95%)|3981(67%)|50|100%|99%|91%|28.5%|R:91|Md:0%]
    Daskalos's angel casts a piercing glance at you.
    [(93%)|3290(55%)|90|100%|99%|91%|28.5%|R:91|Md:0%]
    Valingar's mana stands at 3904/5724.||||||||||||||||||||---------- 68% mana
    [(93%)|3482(58%)|135|100%|99%|91%|28.5%|R:91|Md:0%]
    Raising a gruesome crescent scythe over your shoulder, you viciously slice at Valingar.
    Valingar has gained paralysis (Venom - curare)
    Balance Used: 3.44 seconds
    [(93%)|3482(58%)|140|100%|99%|91%|28.5%|R:91|Md:0%]
    Valingar has gained stupidity
    Valingar has gained peace
    Equilibrium Used: 3.48 seconds
    [(93%)|3482(58%)|140|100%|99%|90%|28.5%|R:91|Md:0%]
    valingar has < clumsiness, haemophilia, hubris, insulation, paralysis, peace, rebounding, sileris, stupidity >
    Valingar has cured rebounding (0s)
    [(93%)|3482(65%)|140|100%|99%|90%|28.5%|R:91|Md:0%]
    Throwing himself forward, Valingar hacks into you with a lissome steel scimitar.
    Valingar drives a cleaving, Trollish scimitar downward, gashing you open.
    You jerk your body to the side, lessening the blow.
    As the scimitar strikes, you feel it draining your mental power
    [(91%)|2679(45%)|150|100%|98%|90%|28.5%|R:91|Md:0%]
    SYSTEM CLOT STOPPED HITTING SHIELD (4secs away)
    Daskalos gives a grave nod to his Guardian Angel, whose wings flare suddenly as an alien and
    frightening look of power sweeps across her face. With one hand, the Angel reaches forward, and as
    her hand touches your chest, it flares an impossibly bright white, and enters your breast. The
    Angel's eyes roll back in its head and as your soul is torn screaming from your body, you collapse
    to the ground in neverending, inhuman pain.
    You have been slain by Daskalos.
    Sad panda :(

Although all the pk was fun, this got on my nerves a bit.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

IshinChelsea
  • Damonicus said:

Had the credit card in ready for a purchase of credits, look at giftbags. 1-150...go take dog out...come back...someone won the minor...cancel transaction...lol

It was a wand of portals, from a claimed bag.
    Haven't decided what to do with it yet.

• edited May 2014
    Ishin said:

Are you unicorns kidding me? This place is unicorns PG-13, you hear that word all the time in PG-13 films. You can even go to the library and check out unicorns books with harsher language in it by far. Get off my back, bro, because telling me stuff like that does -nothing- except make me want to do it again, just as a flip of the finger to your face.

Hi. As the person who slapped you on the wrist, I should inform you that despite the unfortunate and often misleading "PG-13" designation applied to Aetolia (PG-13 is applied to American film and is subject to shifts in standard over generations), we are in fact beholden to a certain quality of language and contextual language.

Honestly, I'm one of the Gods who wouldn't mind if you were swearing up a storm on GT or at the Inner Gate. Shouting, however, is excessively public, and therefore we have to take into account a greater number of people who don't want to hear that sort of thing. It's not a perfect system to judge language, by any means, but then, Aetolia's rule-enforcement is more judgement, less law.

Parting note: I wouldn't recommend shouting vindictively as a response to finger-wagging from the Admin. Not only would I mute you, but it's poor roleplaying.

i am rapture coder
    If you're gonna judge me for saying 'shit' in a shout, then I'd like you to judge others for using slut, whore, and the various other terms that are generally not bad at all, but are generally negative, just like shit. It's purely ridiculous. Had I dropped the f-bomb, or the c-bomb, or any of the other 'big bads' that usually have 4 letters, fine. I'm down with that, and you'll almost never hear me say the f-word in public unless there's some big giant heated debate going on on in-person, or through tells, but I generally leave those words off of city and guild channels.

Also, the next time you reach out and slap my wrist, I'd like to ask you to do so in a less like...superior-y way. I know you're a God and all, and an Admin, and that's cool. But I don't really care about your rank once I get upset, and someone talking to me like that really doesn't make me want to do anything other than flip the finger, bad RP or not. When you talk to ME like that, it's one person talking to another person, not Omei talking to Ishin, and I could give a crap if you're Admin or not.

I'm not even mad that I got fussed at, but it was the -way- you said it that pissed me off.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • That is actually an interesting point. Why can we get away with calling women whores, gay jokes/blowjob references/I banged your mom in shouts, but as soon as you hit a certain word, it's off-limits? Honestly I'd probably buy credits in celebration if shouts were just flat-out deleted, but if they're going to be policed, I'd kind of like for them to be more uniformly policed as well. Calling someone a rhymes-with-witch isn't really any worse than calling them a whore, at least so far as I'm aware.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

IshinOmeiArekaMinaraelTeaniXenia
  • It might be because there's not always Someone directly paying attention to shouts more than an intended inconsistency? Food for thought, at least.

• EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    As far as "consistent judging" goes, you will always get smacked on the wrist for f-bombs, c-bombs and s-bombs in excessively public media (unless there is nobody about to see it). Those are the hard rules, the others are more squashy and we could be here all day arguing what should and shouldn't be censored, but those three have been decided on and set in stone, at least.

Omei
  • edited May 2014
    If I had the authority to correct everything I found objectionable in a shout, Aetolia would be a very quiet place. I mentioned that rule-enforcement in Aetolia is a fluid thing. In some cases, like language, I'm going by a pretty simple ruleset. I'm sorry that you disagree but it's frankly not something I can do anything about.

i am rapture coder
    Maghak
    @Omei Bro, I'm not mad that you CORRECTED me. What made me mad was the way it sounded like you were talking down to me when you did it. I don't care about being corrected, I've been fussed at a billion times by Admin who worded what they said differently and I didn't care at all. Like -I- said, it isn't WHAT you said, but HOW you said it.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Volka
  • Could have just muted and skipped the dialouge, They would have back in the day. I have noticed a distinct lack of dialouge lately... just not in instances like this. Still, the language rules have been there since I started playing in '03, and you're pretty bad about breaking them Ish, across all mediums :P Gonna fall back on more Giftbag rage though, and say there ought to be enough obsidian ink out there that no one should be paying 1k a piece for some time to come.
    *unnecessary banner*
    I know I am, @Rou. I'm not denying that, and I don't mind being corrected when I do. I just don't expect to be talked down to. I'm a grown man, talk to me with respect, the same way you want to be talked to, you know? I'm not asking for my ass to be kissed here.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Talk to me like I'm 5.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
This discussion has been closed.