• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Better pony up, @Daskalos
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited May 2014
    With a vibrating of its large stony body, an armored ackranit an armored ackranit makes a loud and grating noise. Rearing back on its hindquarters it lunges itself into the air violently taking flight.
    Balance Used: 2.79 seconds

I thought this had gotten fixed...but no it still references the short description twice.... But yeah here is my flight message.

@Oleis or @Razmael ...I could have swore one of you fixed it >.>
    Riluo
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    I've been a big fan of Tripwire ever since the day I purchased it long ago. However, given the recent changes and such, I find myself struggling through bits of code that frankly I have no idea how to handle. I know most people's reply would be something along the lines of, "Learn to code, then!", but that was exactly my intention in buying this system - I would not have to make my way through hours and hours of mind-twisting coding to find simple enjoyment in the game. I have recently stopped 'dueling' or 'solo combat' all together, as it was having a far more negative impact on me then positive, deciding instead to enjoy the more simplistic joys of roleplay and city/guild interaction.

I was, however, introduced to a few of the more intricate processes available to us now: inline envenoming, the extended queue lines, etcetera - all of which I would love to work into the shoddy AI's that I've 'barely' managed to piece together, but can not even succeed at that do to having to alter Tripwire as a whole (Which, as I stated, is a whole mess of coding that I can't make heads or tails of). Just an overwhelming feeling of blegh, I suppose. I really do hope we see some updates soon, because of the 60, 70 bucks I paid (Can't remember how much, exactly) it is one of the few things I've saved up to purchase from Aetolia in a long time.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

Aarbrok
  • @trager
    I'd go through and do the updates myself, and share them, but until the spam-lag is fixed (despite a stupid amount of hours trying, I've failed to figure that out myself) there isn't much point doing any other work on TW.

Aarbrok
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    im really kinda unicornsed off about Tripwire in general right now, There does not seem to be any support other than the users themselves, I can't get updates, and hey I am out 70 dollars, and not really inclined to pay more money for something that could potentially bite me in the arse like this system has. I feel the same as you @Trager I cannot code either really, and I have been forced to read and try to learn how but when it comes down to it I have broken something more than fixed it.

Cant even get a proper Lycan update working....and its really frustrating (Shapeshifter) whatver. Has anyone even heard from @Kaeus
  • I think @toz said it best somewhere, though..

You spent 70 bucks on something. (I did, too. And I still use TW, because eff coding. I also have Serenity, but until I get an offense to plug into it there's no real point.) It's built by players, and sure they offer a service, but at the end of the day they're not a business, they don't -owe- you anything. Does it suck? Sure. But it is what it is. I see a lot of people bitching about it and I'm sure that doesn't make the people who code for it any more excited to start working on updates they would probably be working on if they had the time.
  • Rashar said:

I think @toz said it best somewhere, though..

You spent 70 bucks on something. (I did, too. And I still use TW, because eff coding. I also have Serenity, but until I get an offense to plug into it there's no real point.) It's built by players, and sure they offer a service, but at the end of the day they're not a business, they don't -owe- you anything. Does it suck? Sure. But it is what it is. I see a lot of people bitching about it and I'm sure that doesn't make the people who code for it any more excited to start working on updates they would probably be working on if they had the time.

http://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/comment/45888/#Comment_45888
    ^Comment I think he's referencing, and Kaeus also responds to people there just after my comment.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• NalorNalor UK
    edited May 2014
    Irruel said:

@trager
    I'd go through and do the updates myself, and share them, but until the spam-lag is fixed (despite a stupid amount of hours trying, I've failed to figure that out myself) there isn't much point doing any other work on TW.

I messaged you something which will work wonders with your lag!! @Irruel‌

@Aarbrok‌, If someone is selling the system WITH support then it should really come with support. I know alot of people on TW who NEVER recieved support as I got to the stage of "Who's system" replied "TW" then it boiled down to ,"No I dont help with that" as it got more and more and I got bored of helping as I already do two different systems personally. My own and a Mudlet UI for Citadel someone asked me todo..

But all you guys who need help with TW should really join the KLL clan if the TW clan isn't helping
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    H:5370/6622 M:2571/5066 E:100% W:99% S:100% XP:17.18% [csdb e- lr]
    Shimmering with vorpal power, Valingar directs a lissome steel scimitar at you, and you feel struck by something unseen.
    As the scimitar strikes, you feel it draining your mental power.
    Mana Lost: 379
    Angling a lissome steel scimitar, Valingar viciously sticks you.
    You jerk your body to the side, lessening the blow.
    Valingar drives a cleaving, Trollish scimitar downward, gashing you open.
    Health Lost: 168, cutting.
    You have recovered balance on all limbs.
    H:5069/6622 M:1434/5066 E:100% W:99% S:100% XP:17.18% [csdb eb lr]

Nearly 1200 mana gone in a combo (plus health damage). "Only" just over 750 without an empowerment. On sub-2 second balance. Into 50% mana absolves.

This is stupid and OP and should not be something that even made it past Templar beta.
    Ishin
  • Actually does %mana damage. 15% or so per round, with vorpal giving an additional 7.5%. Though Templol damage with their ~2.12s DSL is kinda not great.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Probably using that Aura that increases mana costs and stuff too.
    Valingar tells you, "// That said, you have beastmastery for huge mana drains as well, iirc."

I don't even know what to say.
    DourifIshin
    More constructively, I'm not saying remove Templar bleed route. I'm saying this current trick is beyond potent when paired with a Luminary, who a Templar is naturally going to be paired with, which has kinda been a consistent issue with Templars across the board - the class is solid for 1v1, but it really seems they weren't balanced with thoughts towards how they would perform in teams. An alternative way to enhance the bleed route would be better than a basic health/mana drain attack. Off the top of my head, something like have combustion cause double bleeding if the target has haemophilia when you first strike them. I'm sure there are better ways that work for 1v1 without making for silly team combos.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Do you have mana boon? I think that helps with stuff like that. I keep regretting not getting mana sip too, but it seems so situational I always hmm and haw about it.
    Mana boon reduces mana use and sip increases the sip. Good for a fight where you are being bled out, but does nothing against direct attacks to your mana, unless the documentation is wrong.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Yeah it's just about every other source of mana loss except direct attacks. But with sip and moss and etc, you can tank mana damage just about as well as hp damage. I guess the gulf of how powerful mana damage is, is a lot wider, with lack of direct resistance skills, and no health % based instakills proliferating.
    The issue is that the Templar mana drain is quick and heavy while also pushing damage, making an absolve able to be set up in seconds due to the high % it can be done at. One on one, it's not going to kill you without setup, but in a team situation, it's problematic. I'm guessing it's just not cropped up before because retribution was even easier/nastier until recent liaison changes.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Aishia said:

Yeah it's just about every other source of mana loss except direct attacks. But with sip and moss and etc, you can tank mana damage just about as well as hp damage. I guess the gulf of how powerful mana damage is, is a lot wider, with lack of direct resistance skills, and no health % based instakills proliferating.

R.I.P. Incinerate :(
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • There -is- that super fast reclamation if target is at or below 50% hp.

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    edited May 2014
    Also: Absolve is stopped by shield. I would argue that the mana drain\absolve route is less potent than the 5 indorani + ents shrivel\vivisect that has happened to me multiple times in recent fights. Also, the default sip settings for Citadel kind of suck against mana damage, as they're built for health first.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Also that example of 1200 mana drain is including an extra proc from vorpal which can only be done after significant build up. (It's like 10 attacks or something right?)
    It was like his 3rd hit on me. Do charges carry over between targets? If they do, why? If not, no, it was very quick build up. And shield isn't useful with this combo, as the Templar can razeslash and keep pushing.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    It's after charge on both weapons reaches 180. Vorpal is slightly faster now though because of the change to maingauche, which increased blade charge on left hand weapon, which previously trailed behind right hand as raze doesn't generate charge. But yes, around 10 or so seems accurate. Been a bit since I've loaded up Templar.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    >_> Some people's idea of balance and fair is frightening. There are so many combinations on both sides of the game that are straight up broken in group settings. I don't think it's really feasible to address them all without gutting 1v1 significantly.

That said, I think it'd be cool if we took steps to separating our skills into two categories (Duelist skills and Group Combat skills) so balancing is easier and cleaner.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    TeaniAliceRowena
  • How would you restrict one from being used in the other, though? There's not really a good way to do that that couldn't be gamed. Also, I'm fairly certain that blade charge is attached to the weapons, just like kai or shaman energy is attached to the individual using the skills, rather than the target like soul drain is.

Which is just another example of how Templar balance neglected to factor in team situations.
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    edited May 2014
    Charge was changed to be attached to players because attaching it to weapons allowed you to precharge several sets and then unload with vorpals on someone.

Reference report 1135.

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Xavin said:

How would you restrict one from being used in the other, though? There's not really a good way to do that that couldn't be gamed. Also, I'm fairly certain that blade charge is attached to the weapons, just like kai or shaman energy is attached to the individual using the skills, rather than the target like soul drain is.

@Xavin: An approach system would work for that, I think. And for group fights, the approach feature could be enhanced or worked around the enemy/ally list/system. Just a thought off the top of the head. While I think it'd be viable, this sort of thing would require such a huge rework... I don't see it ever really coming into existence here. Still, splitting the skills into the two categories would be far better than what we currently have I think.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • edited May 2014
    A lot rage happened while I was eating dinner! Okay. Since I was mentioned, I'll say a few things.

- Mana boon artifact does work against Combustion. It cuts off a third of the mana damage. I deal 378 x 2 mana without (with full spellbane aura). While wearing mana_boon, it is 255 x 2.

- The additional Vorpal hit in Moi's quote is usable once per 8-10 attacks.

- Consider not clotting if you're being hit with mana attacks or versus a team with Luminaries, and below the 80% range. The bleeding damage will hurt in the long run, but not nearly as much as clotting yourself to absolve or close to it will, especially with spellbane auras in the room. A lot of you overclot and kill yourselves.

- I already said this in the much earlier conversation Moirean picked one fairly unrelated quote from, but I am actually open to tweaking the route. It's a pretty strong route. I even have ideas towards it. That said, there are a lot of Templar skills that are built purely to support this bleed / mana burn route. There's nothing inherently wrong about using it, like certain people raged at me in tells.

- This isn't the only potent group combat route existing right now. Most routes that you synergize towards as a group will be way, way more powerful. Indorani and vivisect come to mind.
  • Nalor said:

I messaged you something which will work wonders with your lag!! @Irruel‌

The piece of the puzzle you are missing is that it isn't the gmcp functions causing it. I've had those disabled completely, with no positive effect on the 'lag'.

I'm appreciative that you gave me the advice, and I will certainly implement gmcp that way if I ever do my own system again, but it isn't going to help with TW.

That said, I've got a few new ideas to test so you never know - I may just fluke the solution this weekend.

VolkaLim
This discussion has been closed.