Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• Ishin said:

@Riluo @Aarbrok is correct. Pets usually do cutting-type damage, and it's usually only around 20-25 damage, depending on audit and stuff. It's measly, but Resiak's dragon HAS killed people before, though it's -super- rare lol.

I often summon my minipet bees and order them to attack my opponents just to mess with their heads a bit.
    VolkaIshin
  • TsvanniTsvanni The Inner Gate
    I hate it when I execute a command mid bashing that results in a paused system, or my system pauses for any reason during a critical moment and I die to a mob I have no business dying too... The other day I had 8.7k health and was aces just bashing and then I paused curing by accident I guess, maybe I was sleepy, and I died to a xorani when he was one shot from dead :c Then I ended up dying another time, when in tiyen, I got mob impaled, then paralyzed, and immediately cutters ran into my room u.u and then it was gg. I sometimes think bashing in aetolia is among the most tenuous junk in online gaming. I'm doing fine then BAM there goes all my work. Half the time I just say fuck it, log off and do something productive with my time at that point. Died like 3 times the other night to some strnge circumstances like that.
    Ishin
  • edited May 2014
    Rowena said:

Ishin said:

@Riluo @Aarbrok is correct. Pets usually do cutting-type damage, and it's usually only around 20-25 damage, depending on audit and stuff. It's measly, but Resiak's dragon HAS killed people before, though it's -super- rare lol.

I often summon my minipet bees and order them to attack my opponents just to mess with their heads a bit.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=-1GadTfGFvU
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I often summon my minipet bees to troll Valingar.
    RowenaCiarelleAarbrok
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    edited May 2014
    Bad timing.

[INFO]: The minor giftbag prize has just been won! The chance has now reset.
    H:5170 M:4606 E:100% W:100% [b eb]
    giftbag
    You need to play for 60 minutes to claim a free giftbag. You have 5 minutes
    remaining.
    Furtum
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Sarita said:

Bad timing.

[INFO]: The minor giftbag prize has just been won! The chance has now reset.
    H:5170 M:4606 E:100% W:100% [b eb]
    giftbag
    You need to play for 60 minutes to claim a free giftbag. You have 5 minutes
    remaining.

My timer was 1 minute last night. :(

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Rivas
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    I rage at Vivisection in team fights. Now currently topping the super easy instakills and a main reason not to show up to a lesser. I've no doubt that this will (hopefully) go the way of BBT and Retribution. I have faith in our liaison process.
  • Benedicto said:

I rage at Vivisection in team fights. Now currently topping the super easy instakills and a main reason not to show up to a lesser. I've no doubt that this will (hopefully) go the way of BBT and Retribution. I have faith in our liaison process.

It's probably on par with some stuff lifers have (compare 2 people spamming limb breaks with 2 Templars draining mana for absolve, for instance) - it's pretty up there with strong attacks atm for certain, and I don't think it'd be too terribly awful for things if they changed some of the requirements for vivi. But I'd also love for mana drain in team combat to be looked at, or absolve nerfed down to 33% like the other skills >_>

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

ZsadistIshin
  • Benedicto said:

I rage at convocation being dropped at a leyline and then being summoned halfway across the game (while having mass up and it being way outside of where the leyline is) to be killed by a group of people. I can't help but think that if convocation is dropped at a lesser, you should only be able to pull me while in the aura area. Same restrictions as wisp summons, braziers, mindlocks, and any other long range skill you can think of in a lesser battle. However, unlike you @Benedicto, I don't hold much stock in the liaison process and I highly doubt that this will ever be addressed in a liaison round.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Toz
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited May 2014
    Toz said:

Benedicto said:

It's probably on par with some stuff lifers have (compare 2 people spamming limb breaks with 2 Templars draining mana for absolve, for instance) - it's pretty up there with strong attacks atm for certain, and I don't think it'd be too terribly awful for things if they changed some of the requirements for vivi. But I'd also love for mana drain in team combat to be looked at, or absolve nerfed down to 33% like the other skills >_>
    The mana Drain one is easy to combat, shield or rebounding.. or sip for mana? With vivsect you cant parry because shrivel bypasses it, you cant shield with broken arms or prone.. soo its a little stronger.. Also at past lesser I've seen its been like 3 indos, all shriveling, plus 3 crones, then you have someone double epteth/epseth... least templer version you can run, shield/rebound, or both

I'm not trying to say the mana route isn't OP as Luminary 50% absolve, its like WTF WHY? But I keep getting the same reply from people "It's been that way forever.." That should be on pair with the undead version, Annihilate and be 33% ...
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    That's why you touch shield early if you're the primary target, and keep touching it every time you have to, @Nalor.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Go try it dude, 4 seconds balance for touching shield, if 3 people are breaking limbs plus cornes.. You will fall behind since corne is a tick and 2 people shriveling is bad enough so leaves one to hammer tattoo you.. :/@Ishin‌

I had a Queueing system for that reason ^ But still doesnt help much since 2 broken arms takes out touching shield
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • Razeslash and doing 15% of your mana plus a little scratch of damage (and bleed) every 2.15s or so, with razeslash actually only being like 2s flat? It's still pretty potent, and you can always restore as a last-ditch effort (read: restart all their prep) once they get 3 limbs crippled on you, rendering vivisect moot. I guess I could like, get a wand tat for my mana?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Feel like you're discounting shatter here. Which is pretty much the main reason it's so powerful. Shield doesn't stop shatter once it's started, just puts you off bal.
  • Re. Absolve being 50% vs Annihilate being 33% - keep in mind that vampires have a much easier time pushing mana damage in a 1v1 situation.

Xavin said:

Re. Absolve being 50% vs Annihilate being 33% - keep in mind that vampires have a much easier time pushing mana damage in a 1v1 situation.

Lol.

learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Rou
  • LimLim
    edited May 2014
    I've found that there's no point shielding if you are the primary target (I regretfully admit to having experience in this area). All you achieve is have one guy waste his balance hammering/razing it; everyone else carries on like it's nothing.

Best is to leave the room or get a lyre, I think.

As a side note:
    It would be nice to have more mechanics/options for the primary target to stay alive, so team combat becomes more dynamic.

One thing I could think of is the 'drawing threat' type mechanic used in WoW, but I'm not sure how that can be translated into Aetolia terms.

Another would be more (but limited) ways to escape: Maybe an ability that lets you slip away if >X number of people have hit you in the last Y seconds. Something like slipping away amidst the chaos. Might even incentivise team combat to split into smaller teams with multiple targets.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Overwhelm, thats a pretty nasty skill with someone who can cause afflicting.

Shaman/Luminary team Ouchies.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited May 2014
    That is not as true as it once was Xavin, we got dealed a lot of small down grades the last few years with regard to mana/bleeding damage. As it is the best mana killers/bleeders are those on the spirit side now. It is why I think it should be moved from 50% to 33%.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

IshinSeirXavinRou
  • edited May 2014
    Because mindsurge doesn't drain mana twice with every dwhisper, and there's no ability in hematurgy that drains up to 40% of a target's max mana in one go. And there's no vampire ent that deals passive mana damage.

In all seriousness, both praenomen and bloodborn are pretty well off in regards to mana damage. Lumis do well, too, sure, but not so well that they need to be nerfed down to 33% for their mana-based instakill.

SeirRou
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    edited May 2014
    @Riluo: Any context or logs you're basing this statement off of? As far as I know, vampires have the strongest mana pressure in the game due to the damage, seduction (or temptation. Always forget the mana one), goldenseal stacking (so that Indifference can be baited into a focus), and the bleeding causes far more mana pressure than a Luminary. Also, pretty sure Bloodborn do mana damage with each whisper as well.

Edit: Not saying that Luminary's mana pressure is at all lacking, but reducing Absolve's requirements to 33% when the two classes are very much different mechanically and comparatively speaking, I'm not really seeing the need for parity in this regard.
    XavinRou
  • @Seir has my point to the tee. You're comparing apples to oranges when you compare the path to absolve with the path to annihilate.

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Having fought Luminaries extensively (hi @Valingar), I can say that their mana pressure is minimal, barring being chain hit by high-aff overwhelms. There's none of the sustained and combined health and damage pressure that Bloodborn can put out. It's more of a bursty kind of thing.

XavinHavenSeir
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I honestly wouldn't mind if Luminary Absolve was lowered to match Annihilate at 33%. I'm not even sure Luminaries would need a buff to compensate the downgrade either. That said... Absolve in itself isn't the problem. You guys are looking at a symptom in my opinion.

No matter how you spin it, group combat is just broken as hell here. It gets highlighted from time to time whenever a group of really coordinated players get together and focus on a tactic that's not just straight damage. When we start combining skills, regardless if it's the same class or not, that's where these type of issues crop up. Fixing group combat... Oh man. I really think it'd require gutting a lot of 1v1 stuff to even begin making it 'balanced'.

I still think a better approach though would be to split the skills into two separate categories.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    RiluoRou
    I agree with you @Haven, but I'm not sold on splitting the skills into categories.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited May 2014
    Do you still play Seir? Because I can not for the life of me remember seeing you fight. If you do play on a alt I am unaware of then cool glad you play. In terms of your need for things you can easily find them in changelogs, liaison changes and from other Bloodborn who have quit class due to all the small changes. I am not trolling you here, but honestly I can not debate/bounce ideas of someone who I do not see involved in the game.

@Haven group combat is a utter mess mate. I hate it at the moment, as both sides can wreck a person in just a few quick combos.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

IshinDourif
  • Bloodborn is still really strong, I'm not sure who's quitting class over the idea.

• SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    edited May 2014
    Group combat will always be imbalanced when it favours who has the largest population and who can dish out the most raw damage. I've always said that it has no real strategy beyond that.

Avalon and Lithmeria had the best idea when it came to group combat and that was through a mechanic called Positioning. Essentially, the more people hitting one person, the less damage they take over all to the point where they're not even making a dent in that person and he can outheal all of them. With afflictions, it does the same. Afflictions work differently though in that they're not true/false scenarios. The afflictions are percentage-based with a severity of the affliction. If I had to make an example of how it would work here, it would be like: I afflict Xavin with 10% Paralysis. The severity would be like paresis a little bit and maybe hinder him slightly. If I kept hitting him with a paralysis attack, he'd eventually be at 100%+ and have all of the worst symptoms behind the affliction. Cures work on a percentage level so one cure removes 50% of a certain type of affliction. Probably not the best example, but it works in regards to balancing combat. It also means that population is no longer the dominant factor and most group fights come down to making sure that you're matching the right person to attack the other person.

Edit: And yes, I do still play and have been. Just not on Seir.
  • Let's just go ahead and move on.
    IshinSeirTeaniRiluoRou
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    A wild (and random) Immortal appears!

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    Periluna
This discussion has been closed.