MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    edited December 2013
    Macavity said:
    @Daingean...is that last picture something for a high heal shoe that goes on the heal itself??  I am really trying to see where or how you would use that item without some gutter reference!!
    @Macavity - It's an ice claw for canes or crutches. I use a forearm crutch to walk and if I didn't have that claw on the end - it swings up when not in use, or down over the rubber tip when I need it - my crutch would constantly slide on the ice, making it essentially useless at... holding me up, which is what it does.

Edit - to tag.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited December 2013
    I believe it explains what it is used for in the last paragraph of his post Mac.  Nonetheless, the winter has not even officially started, and I am expecting a bad one here, I remember years back having to walk down the middle of the road like you stated due to poor city planning and transportation department snafus here in Portland.

Bout a week with unexpected snows and I remember dodging cars who dont know how to use chains and those horrid icy sidewalks.  Be safe, and plan ahead, if you are in a snowy climate for sure.  D:

EDIT: Did I mention how much I hate freezing rain.....
    I am sure i will have plenty of grumping when it finally hits here.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    On the bright side, it's been a bit warmer this week. I can't believe I'm saying this but, yay, it's raining.
    AryanneAarbrok
  • Switching my internet service providers and getting jerked around on the first day. For the love of god, can I please stop having a crappy week.
  • [spoiler]
    [/spoiler]

Anyone else getting this... every. time. the. screen. loads?
    CiarelleSessizlikArbreOmeiJaslineAngweTeaniEzalorAryanne
  • Yes. Usually just refreshing it helps, but I am making that face myself every time that thing stares at me.
    PerilunaArbreAryanne
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    My roommate keeps making fun of my Tera character and threatening to shove him into a locker. 
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    @Piper: Tell your roommate to pay attention to the mafia thread and end the stalemate. >_>

Or he'll be shoved into a locker!
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    PerilunaDemarcus
  • Rage that it doesn't get light out until 8am, and dark at 4pm.

i am rapture coder
    Xavin
  • Sounds like you're in Washington. Terrible, Terrible daylight hours.
    Aryanne
  • Other side of the country actually. I love closeish to @Haern.

i am rapture coder
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    edited December 2013
    And me! /alwaysforgotten

I hate the requirement of making a stupid Disney.com account just to sign up for the beta for this new Star Wars game.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Daingean said:
    I rage at people who don't salt their sidewalks
     Err... so I guess that would be me. The City of Des Moines will fine me $50 if I don't shovel my sidewalk within 24 hours of the precipitation ending. The only salt that I would put down anywhere is good 'ole NaCl. My wife keeps al-natural 'Real Salt' (which is admittedly pretty tasty) which I am NOT putting on the sidewalk. If I put down anything else, I figure I'm going to hurt everyone's little doggies feetsies and dry them out. Including my own doggies feetsies. So I apologize. If it were up to me, I wouldn't shovel/snowblow the sidewalk at all! I only do it half-assed so I don't get fined $50.

This reminds me of a conversation I had with my boss this morning. The more crap you require people to do, the less effort they are going to put into doing them so they can avoid the negative consequences. I.e I will only shovel my sidewalk enough to avoid the $50 fine. Alas.
    Aryanne
  • NeithanNeithan Sunspear, the Principality of Dorne
    Hey, @Demarcus and @Daingean. You know what is super cool? It doesn't snow where I live. It snows just outside the city, but not here proper. You guys could come hang out here for the winter! No shovels! No salt! No slipping!
    Neithan said:
    Hey, @Demarcus and @Daingean. You know what is super cool? It doesn't snow where I live. It snows just outside the city, but not here proper. You guys could come hang out here for the winter! No shovels! No salt! No slipping!
    Or I could stay here and frolic in the snow and be like, "You know what doesn't suck? All of the pleasant non-pigmented winter solstice events that are far more enjoyable when there is snow."

#worthit
    Aryanne
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    @demarcus Plenty of people don't like using salt for environmental reasons. There are de-icer alternatives that do the same thing without being enticing to wildlife or dangerous to 'feetsies' - and if you can't find those, a bit of sand or gravel works just as well. The point is to make up for the traction your shoveling has removed.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
    Dogs should be wearing boots anyways.

AarbrokAryanne
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Cruel and unusual punishment!
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    PerilunaJasline
    (no, seriously, they should be wearing boots. That's what they are for, to protect their feet from the cold winter ground. It just looks hilarious at first as they adjust to having their pads covered)
    Aryanne
    Daingean said:
    @demarcus Plenty of people don't like using salt for environmental reasons. There are de-icer alternatives that do the same thing without being enticing to wildlife or dangerous to 'feetsies' - and if you can't find those, a bit of sand or gravel works just as well. The point is to make up for the traction your shoveling has removed.

For what it is worth, I mostly just remove the fluffiest, topmost layer to make it look like I shoveled. Getting back to the whole "minimal effort" idea. Bwahahaha.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I know some folks who have used cat litter stuff instead of salt
    Riluo
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    edited December 2013

Nevermind!

• Omei said:
    Other side of the country actually. I love closeish to @Haern.
    I get dumped on with lake effect snow. HAIL TO YE O GREAT LAKES.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    It's 51 degrees Fahrenheit here.  Effin' freezing.  : (
    NolaOmeiAryanne
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I've got 32 here, Arbre. It's not half bad. I'd prefer if it were colder so we'd get lots of snow and it stayed that way.

• AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    ...I seriously considered flagging you both for trolling.

*puts on a coat over his jacket and glares*
    OmeiDemarcusAryanneEzalor
  • You obviously don't live in Florida!

It has weather that trolls the most. When it snowed in Egypt recently it was like 77 with high humidity here.
  • I've seen three snow storms in the last week, I'd kill for 50-something weather. I'm just tired of washing salt off of my car every few days :(

Demarcus
  • The one thing I don't miss about the midwest. The constant slush and salt in the winter and spring.
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    It was -9 when I went to work yesterday.  It's snowed every day this week.
    DemarcusTeani