MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    And here I thought my story on testing the humane use of Dog Shock collars on my little brother was a rough story.....
    Aryanne
  • I love my OT paychecks, but GOD this week has sucked. My sympathies to all of you stuck in Minnesota, we've had 4-8 hr etas on dispatches all week since last Friday, Santa's decided to work out of Minnesota and took the north pole with him, apparently. Three quarters of one of our offices can't drive in snow so we got all their call volume. 5 min breaks in 5 hours of work, IF we're lucky? I'm exhausted. 8 more hours tomorrow.

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Meyvitch said:

I love my OT paychecks, but GOD this week has sucked. My sympathies to all of you stuck in Minnesota, we've had 4-8 hr etas on dispatches all week since last Friday, Santa's decided to work out of Minnesota and took the north pole with him, apparently. Three quarters of one of our offices can't drive in snow so we got all their call volume. 5 min breaks in 5 hours of work, IF we're lucky? I'm exhausted. 8 more hours tomorrow.

<3 Minnesota!

Of course, I'm stuck in Iowa. Soooo... RAGE! I HATE IOWA!
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    That moment when you kill an important npc in a game accidentally.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    ArbreAryanne
  • You should play Dark Souls. There are no important NPCs there. Just things you've not managed to kill yet.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Jensen
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    I hate that my video card is pooping on itself. Meh. Makes for little game play when my laptop has tons of updates...

• Migraines. So much rage at them. *Goes back to curling up in a ball of pain*
    imageimage
    Toz said:
    You should play Dark Souls. There are no important NPCs there. Just things you've not managed to kill yet.

It was in Dishonored. I accidentally killed someone while trying to use the heart item on them. Imagine my surprise when I instead used a knife on them.

Ingram said:
    Jensen
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited December 2013
    Deleted what I've written five times now, because I don't know how to express things, or I don't want to make those reading it depressed. 
    Suffice to say, I'm not feeling well. I'm sorry if this pours into my RP. Please be understanding.

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    edited December 2013
    great!  Got into a Car accident tonight!./.....

On the way home tonight BF and I got into an accident. A car head towards me in their lane lost control and then came into my lane, I tried to avoid them but was unable to and was hit, in the front and the back on the driver's side! Then the car took off and left the scene without even giving us their information or checking to see if we were ok. Thankfully we are fine and there are no injuries, and also two people saw what happened. One took off and followed them home and called the police to have them investigated, and the other got part of their plates, and they both stayed with us till the police showed up. I cannot believe people still do a hit and run like that! I was able to drive the car home and it is now in our driveway. Now just have to wait and see what happens and how fast I can get the car fixed! grrr
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • My laptop hinge completely broke off of my computer and my hard drive is starting to die. The upside is that my laptop still works so I can still use it as long as the hard drive holds out until sometime next week when I can get a new one put in.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited December 2013
    Sorry to hear that Mac :( I hope you and your boyfriend are ok mate.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Our extra worker for when the world is a snowy mess has the flu. /pulls up her big-girl boots. Time to see how my new baby handles on the snow!

• Macavity said:
    great!  Got into a Car accident tonight!./.....

On the way home tonight BF and I got into an accident. A car head towards me in their lane lost control and then came into my lane, I tried to avoid them but was unable to and was hit, in the front and the back on the driver's side! Then the car took off and left the scene without even giving us their information or checking to see if we were ok. Thankfully we are fine and there are no injuries, and also two people saw what happened. One took off and followed them home and called the police to have them investigated, and the other got part of their plates, and they both stayed with us till the police showed up. I cannot believe people still do a hit and run like that! I was able to drive the car home and it is now in our driveway. Now just have to wait and see what happens and how fast I can get the car fixed! grrr

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Every time I cry, people (half the time myself) think it's my depression and that I need another zapping.  Today was a rough day.  Here's hoping Momma won't call to have me have my zapping earlier (because the person who runs the place WILL listen to her over me).
    TeaniRiluo
    um zapping??  like electroshock?!?!  I didnt think they still did that!
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited December 2013

We use electroconvulsive therapy perhaps twice a month where I was working. It can work for bipolar and other things if done correctly. Although, I did not administer it personally, I am mostly just present  with my participants/clients as moral support. We had a lady on seroquel and several other antipsychotic and depression medications for years. She had an acute case of schizoid-depressive affective disorder. Several treatments later she is recovering and using half the dose of drugs, has a job, partner and only drops in to discuss her weight gain from time to time.

Having said all that it is a last resort and I have heard some people get it administered more than they should, so I have ethical concerns about it still. But I am not a psychiatrist so I just advice and curse as required.

It's not at ALL like you see in the movies and stuff, @Macavity.  I'm under anesthesia for it, so I don't remember the electricity or the seizure.  It has changed my life drastically.  I don't know if anyone in Aetolia can particularly tell, but people in my life, even those who didn't know I had depression, comment randomly about how I seem happier and calmer.  I'm at the point now where I'm trying to go as long as possible between zaps - eventually I should only have to have it every few months or something like that.  If I can make it to Friday, then it'll be like two weeks?  I was originally scheduled for this past Friday but called on Thursday and put it off a week, promising that if I got bad I'd call and come in earlier.

@Riluo Where do you work?
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    I use to do it in a Hospital in South Australia, as a mental health worker. My main job was to work with medications, mental health recovery, individual goals and building better support systems in families and communities. I worked along side Psychiatrists and other mental health professionals, which was hard as the medical model can be nasty to people when it wants to be.  I enjoyed it and seen a lot of good outcomes, and a few not so great. But the latter was 1 in 100 at worst.

• DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    edited December 2013
    I rage that the Mafia game is stalled. @Lin come backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

Edit: Typo.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• edited December 2013
    Normally, I'm not one to rage. I try to not get mad because I can't stand myself when I get angry, so I can only imagine how much other people dislike me. I start to tremble and normally I cry. (I cry when I feel any strong emotion. Extreme happiness, sadness..ect..) 

[spoiler]Well, I'm pretty angry right now. I HATE arguing with people that refuse to put themselves in the other person's shoes. I've spent, I don't know how long, trying to explain calmly to someone my point of view on something only have them tell me I'm stupid and wrong and that what I think doesn't matter. Maybe I'm a pushover but in the end I just stop talking and ignore the person until they shut up about it only to have the conversation later turn right back to the subject because sentences were left unfinished. I just really hate when people aren't even willing to attempt to see what they've done or said from another point of view thinking that there is no possible way in the entire world that they could have said or done something wrong to cause the problems they have.

On other note, I've been feeling low. A friend of mine, his dad died recently from a terrible accident. I didn't like his dad, but no one deserves to go out the way he did and I feel the need to share. His dad was a drunk and an asshole. He often said really cruel things and was really mean to me sometimes. He wasn't a good guy at the end of his life. In order to understand, I have to explain a little background.

His wife had passed away and he was really attached to her. They had had three children and due to his working all the time and his wife's alcoholism, they lost custody of the kids. After his wife died, his personality changed a bit and shortly afterwards, his father died, having lost his battle with cancer. A sad story, yeah.  Anyway, as the years went on, he learned how to drink in a way that he was able to keep himself going. He would drink for a few months, getting completely wasted and then would stop for a few months and let his body heal. Honestly, and sadly, I liked him better drunk. He was nicer then. When he was sober he was just..in so much pain and he took that pain out on everyone around him. He told his first born more than once  that he wished he and his wife had an abortion.

I'd never seen a real fight before. I was pretty sheltered, I was never in a fight and never witnessed one, until I met this family. It was really scary.

So anyway, the month of his wife's death came around, the 10 year anniversary in fact and he got himself really drunk and decided to cook some food. We don't know exactly what happened, but this is our best guess. We think he passed out over the stove and was leaning against the microwave above the stove and caught the sleeve of his sweater on fire. He didn't yell, he didn't cry out and there were no fire detectors in the house. My friend had another friend over and that friend smelled smoke so they went to check it out. The kitchen and part of the living room was filled with smoke and they found the dad laying on the floor of the kitchen, on fire. The friend of my friend was thankfully a fast thinker and grabbed the hose on the sink and started spraying him to put him out while my friend called 911.

He had third degree burns on his face, neck, back, stomach and chest. His arm and hand were forth degree. He lasted a week in the hospital before he passed away. His organs couldn't take it and started shutting down.

Here's where the rage part comes in. This man's sister has suddenly decided that she wants to take over everything. She's putting her nose in trying to take over the house where my friend did most of the work and took care of his grandmother while his father did not. She keeps belittling my friend over the stupidest things that don't matter. This man kept his room a mess and expects me and my friend to clean it out. It's disgusting. She wants him to move out in the next five years and claims that she's going to move into the dad's old room, that she expects us to clean and she wont help with.

We went to her, several times over the last four years asking and even begging her for help at times to deal with him. To help us find him help, to get him help. We told her everything and now that he's passed she finally wants to help? It ticks me off. Where was she before? Why didn't she help us before when we could have prevented a lot of this from happening. My friend and I had been making plans shortly before this happened to contact some doctors and the police to see if we could get him help due his inability to take care of himself and his decrees in mental stability. She is a nurse for crying out loud, why couldn't she help us before? She saw how bad he got sometimes. Shoot, she was the one that helped us get him into the hospital and get into counseling last time it got really bad. We told her how bad it got. My friend even called her crying sometimes, begging for her to help us with him because we couldn't do anything because we didn't know anything about how anything worked! 
    [/spoiler]

Wow it feels great to get this all out there. Let me continue with more things that  have been grinding my gears lately.

[spoiler]I love kids, but I don't have any of my own due to the fact that I still live at home with mom and dad and I don't feel right trying to have a baby when I can't even support myself. So I take the proper precautions.

I used to babysit for the family that lives across the street from me but due to the elder boys increasingly bad behavior and the fact that their father is a jackass and has on numerous occasions  put myself and my family down because we don't smack our nephew across the face when he misbehaves or beat the hell out of our dogs when they bark. Nor would I spank their children (not my place) when they were mouthy or brought home bad papers, and because I was cuddly person and as such because I helped raise their youngest son (dad worked all the time and at one point was gone for a full summer leaving his wife and me the only ones looking after the kids so he didn't get to smack around and 'toughen' up the younger boy), he was kind cuddly too. My sister (who was also babysitting them) and I found it best to quit.

So, since I've quit, I've been looking for other ways to get my 'baby needs' out of the way. There's my nephew of course, but honestly, he's a smart kid. I hold intelligent conversations with him. Soon he'll be old enough to play Aetolia which (wow, yeah.) as he's been bugging me let him since I started but he's a bit too young. (Just turned 10.)

The only girl friend I have has a couple of kids and for a while she was too far away for me to take them, but now she's back at her parents house, which is just around the corner so I jumped at this. When she was just about to have her second, the doctor put her on bed rest and she decided to ask me to take her oldest, Zoi, for a while. I had her for a whole week. Not once did she call, she came and visited after I told her Zoi was crying for her, but her stay lasted about twenty minutes because she 'had to leave'. Rowan was born pretty healthy, small and went through nicotine withdrawls, but healthy.

I take those kids once a month for the weekend, sometimes more if I can find another house to stay at because Zoi is 23 months now and running all over and Rowan is two and half months so yeah. There is no such thing as sleep when they're around and my mom works and doesn't like her sleep interrupted. This month, I asked for the kids right before Christmas. I don't have a job right now and so I made the kids winter hats. Rowan is getting a Jack hat, while Zoi is getting Sally. My friend will not get back ahold of me. I think she pissed because I wouldn't take them durring her birthday weekend because I wanted to go to her party, that I only stayed an hour and a half at, because I don't like her friends but I wanted to be there for her. Plus I was the driver of my tiny group and couldn't drink that night...so I think this is her way of getting back at me which really ticks me off.

I am the ONLY one of the FIVE 'godparents' those kids have that take them, ever. I don't know of any of the other ones that have kept them for even an hour. She knows when they're with me, that they're safe and I know that's why she likes that I take them, but I know she doesn't have anyone taking them this weekend because it's her weekend to have them. (She's not with the father anymore, stupid druggie, but he's allowed to take them every other weekend even though she's witnessed him abusing the older girl when she would cry when she was infant. He pinched her so many times her legs where speckled purple. He supposedly hasn't done this since he moved back in with his mom.) 
    [/spoiler]

Bah! Anyway. sorry. I normally do not rant, but stuffs been building up and tomorrow is a 'bite your tongue' day because I have a family christmas party to go to where I'm most likely going to be preached at all day, but if I say something, I'm a terrible person and going to hell. 

Editbre: Spoilered like whoa.
  • Thank ya, I don't know how to do Spoilers. 
    I don't think spoilers know how to do spoilers.  I had to edit it several times to get it working properly.  That's my rage: not having a spoiler button over here.
    Periluna
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    For anyone who might still have leftovers from Thanksgiving sitting in the fridge (not freezer) SINCE Thanksgiving, please do yourself a favor and throw them out. I got sick after eating some on Friday, and this weekend has been miserable.
  • Sarita said:
    For anyone who might still have leftovers from Thanksgiving sitting in the fridge (not freezer) SINCE Thanksgiving, please do yourself a favor and throw them out. I got sick after eating some on Friday, and this weekend has been miserable.
    It's three days for turkey. GOLDEN RULE. I don't care if it's true or not--my mother told me that and I live by it.
    PiperHavenPerilunaArbreOmei
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Getting all excited to look at kittens this weekend for a friend for Percy, since he's super social and needs a companion, he gets lonely without Riley, just to have the weight of the ice knock down power lines and stop the location from opening. :( Hopefully next weekend!

Kittennnnsssss
    These pills I'm currently on make me feel super drowsy which tends to really ruin my days off, since I end up just sleeping the day away instead of actually doing stuff :\

Ingram said:
    ugh I am in paperwork hell!!!   So I got a new job that starts next month, and I have been emailing back and forth with the HR rep with the new company and it seems each time I fill out paperwork and send it back, that is printing it, signing it, scanning it back into my computer, then sending it via email....they end up sending me MORE PAPERWORK!!!   Seriously I am over 100 pages already of stuff I have signed and thats a real number and not an estimate!!  
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    People who shovel the sidewalk in front of their house, but make zero effort to salt/sand it afterwards.

Snow means some level of traction. It's crappy, and when it gets covered in freezing rain, it's slippery, but I have these:

[spoiler]
    [/spoiler]

and this:

[spoiler]
    [/spoiler]

which both together mean that I can still -navigate- slippery snow+ice combinations. You know what they -don't- help me do? Create traction on straight up ice-over-concrete sidewalks. There's a thin layer of ice - you know what I'm talking about - that is not deep enough for either item I use to gain any sort of grip on. So I cannot walk on a sidewalk that was shoveled and then left to freeze over night, especially if there was even a thin sprinkle of freezing rain.

And you know what? We had some freezing rain. It was so bad, the city transit system - which runs even if it's -50C and blizzard conditions - ceased service for almost two hours, city wide, while emergency crews tried to sand the roads. So I -know- that your average homeowner was aware that the weather existed, so there's no excuse for not taking the $3 bag of road salt out for the fifteen seconds it takes to do the six feet to either side of the front walk you so laboriously shoveled clear of the one thing that'd give me traction.

I had to walk down the middle of the road - the side was deep, soft snow topped with an inch of ice+snow, which is prime recipe for sprained ankles, since you fall, but your foot stays stuck in the snow - because the -middle of the freaking road- offered me more safety because at least walking there, I had -TRACTION-.

Rage at people who do half of something with no regard to the obviousness of it all. If I am having difficulty walking, then most regular Joe's must be too, because most regular Joe's don't feel the need to buy ice traction slip ons for their boots when they live in a city, and not everyone walks around with a forearm crutch and ice claw to grant them some tiny measure of stability.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
    @Daingean...is that last picture something for a high heal shoe that goes on the heal itself??  I am really trying to see where or how you would use that item without some gutter reference!!
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Arbre