MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    I'm right there with you, Setne. I found out this morning that a really old friend of mine passed away yesterday. It's difficult to get through the day.
  • I'm losing my voice. Again. This will make year 3 of losing my voice. Every single time I get sick in December my voice runs away. WTF. 
  • Endless amounts of rage for finals week and the week before it. If anybody needs me I'll just be praying to the Finals Gods that I get all of my work done in time.

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Brainzapping.  I shouldn't complain, because it's completely changed my life, for the better, but god.  My head hurts so bad the day of.  I've been cracking down on Lortab and it's not helped much.  I can only be thankful that I complained about my stomach and they informed me that some people get sick off of anesthesia, so they now put Zofran (sp) in the IV to keep me from getting sick.
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Well I'm back from the turkey day holidays and it's time to complain!

I picked up this beautiful girl from the bar the other night, and we're getting ready to leave.  I pay my 10$ bar tab on my card, dash a line through the tip and put 2$ down on the bar since I had cash.  We head to the door with coats on and I'm about to hit the confirm button for a hotel room on my phone when it happens....  The bar tender rang the "somebody didnt tip bell" and then fucking tells the girl I'm with that I stiffed him the tip.  She turns to me says "You didn't tip my friend?" and walks out alone.

I'm having bad luck with women!
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    So, this week has been full of nasty head cold, constant fatigue and finishing up with holiday work parties galore. So, normally I just buy stuff and bring it but they like to tease me since I work with a bunch of motherly figures that cook. They joke that my cooking is probably terrible since I'm single.

So, this year I decide to make something! It came out terrible and more like mousse than hardened judge. I am too unicorning tired to really care much about the food (I will never eat chocolate and sunflowers again) but I know they're going to tease me about it anyways. Esp the girl that went to culinary school.
  • There's a "someone didn't tip" bell? I have never heard of this thing!

Angwe
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Just got off the phone with an interview with a manager for a possible job and he asked me how soon can I start, which is always a good indication that they want to hire ya!  Now just have to wait for the headhunter to call me back to confirm this and I finally will have a full time job!  yay!!   EVERYTHING crossed!  :-D
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    PiperPeriluna
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    So after I got out if the Army about two months ago, I went to work with my stepdad in oil fields. It took me all of two days to realize that I simply can't keep up with these people, and I am only 21. My knees are shot, my right shoulder constantly aches and my left ear is near useless. But he pulled a lot of strings to get me this job, and I need the money. Thanks, Army, for breaking my body and taking your sweet ass time to process my VA case.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

Arbre
  • Chronic exhaustion.
    NolaPeriluna
  • Rage of the season: Living in the bible belt. This lady came by the other day while I was getting ready for school and work. She knocked on the door and when I answered, she tried to shove a flyer in my hand. I looked down and saw it was for a church only a few houses down. I told her I'd take the flyer if she'd have a conversation with me. She asked me my faith and I told her that I was a Buddhist. She said that god needed to save me because being anything other than what he wanted for me was 'unclean'. I asked her how she would know what an omniscient supernatural being would 'want' for me, and she said it's because she's read the bible. I asked the relevance of that seeing as the bible was constructed thousands of years ago by men who came from a very different society and I asked why my beliefs somehow mean less because they're not her's and she walked away. It feels like Christmas is -everywhere- and it feels like the only culture that matters is that of the Christian population.

Turns out the company has moved shutting my partner's particular station down but they're laying off tons of staff. They have (finally) reassured Collin that he won't loose his job. He's looking for another job anyway, but it's slow-going.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

Aryanne
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Valenae said:
    Rage of the season: Living in the bible belt. This lady came by the other day while I was getting ready for school and work. She knocked on the door and when I answered, she tried to shove a flyer in my hand. I looked down and saw it was for a church only a few houses down. I told her I'd take the flyer if she'd have a conversation with me. She asked me my faith and I told her that I was a Buddhist. She said that god needed to save me because being anything other than what he wanted for me was 'unclean'. I asked her how she would know what an omniscient supernatural being would 'want' for me, and she said it's because she's read the bible. I asked the relevance of that seeing as the bible was constructed thousands of years ago by men who came from a very different society and I asked why my beliefs somehow mean less because they're not her's and she walked away. It feels like Christmas is -everywhere- and it feels like the only culture that matters is that of the Christian population.
    The passing out flyers in person thing is pretty annoying but you could have left it at that. Why would you try to challenge her beliefs?
    NeithanAryanneNolaSlypheHadoryuPerilunaEzalorMoirean
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    edited December 2013
    Waking up at 7:30 on a Saturday for your 8-12 time slot with the technician who is coming to your house to fix things, knowing full well that you'll be lucky if he makes it before 11, but that if you're aren't ready at 8 exactly, that will be the ONE time he arrives early. I really could have used the extra sleep this morning.
    Valenae said:
    stuff
    My mom used to invite the Jehovah's witnesses in for a cup of coffee when they rang the doorbell. Now, my mom is an atheist, but she has read the bible several times only out of curiousity and that came in handy during these meetings. She would counter Everything they tossed her way with a bible quote that said the exact opposite of what they said, and then asked which was true. They don't come around anymore... 

AryanneValenae
  • Kind of makes me wonder what happens when girl scouts come to sell you all cookies.....

PerilunaAryanneSlypheArbreJasline
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    So the end of my appointment time slot came and went, and I called to ask how much longer it would be. Turns out the part we needed got stuck in a snowstorm, and they just forgot to tell me and let me know.
  • You do know these cookies are full of fat and sugar, and are directly contributing to the morbid obesity that plagues America, right? Further, you make them for forty seven cents a box and you're selling them for four dollars. Just who is making this money, hmm? HMM?
    TeaniSlypheArbreCiarelle
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    https://www.girlscouts.org/program/gs_cookies/faq.asp

I know you were just joking, but Girl Scout cookie sales are actually a pretty fantastic thing. I've been able to do so many things from girl scout cookie sales growing up: survival training, red cross canoe certification, leadership training, troop trips, internships, amazing stuff like whitewater rafting and high ropes courses, and memories I still cherish to this day like my troop renting a convertible to go on a road trip to California colleges for us all to check out the campuses.

If I ever have children, I'm totally gonna be a troop leader. :P Heck, I might not even wait until then. 
    KikonAryanne
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    @Moirean will secretly be training future Carnifex.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    HavenTragerJasline
    edited December 2013
    The insane way my uni thinks it's a good idea to set up their class registration process.  If I were a Freshman, having never done this sort of thing before, I don't think I'd've been able to figure it out.  As is, I had four internet windows up and three word processor windows up, and was still having difficulties.

The fact that the advisers for my major were not taught how the gen ed reqs work, so I had to go across campus to find a different adviser to help me figure that out.

Speaking of gen ed, the fact that I'm going from a Florida state college where I got my AA to a Florida state university when they're literally -required- to accept my AA courses, and yet I haven't done all of the gen ed requirements for the uni.  They should be the same between the institutions and, if not, the state college should be aware of the uni's so they could inform me of it and I could have used my electives to complete them.

EDIT: My math teacher emailed me and said if I did some homework that I previously didn't do because I missed all the classes from the ECT stuff that I'd bring my math grade up to an A, so yesterday Momma and I spent several hours trying to figure it all out, and stressed me so much trying to do that and not scream at my 3 year old nephew for being a 3 year old boy that I ended up crying/laughing and then sobbing at Ansnom as I had a nervous breakdown.
    Nola
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    And here I thought I was bad because I flirted with those adorable bike missionaries from the Mormon church....

But..but they're so cute.
    Aryanne

• Lin said:
    Valenae said:
    Rage of the season: Living in the bible belt. This lady came by the other day while I was getting ready for school and work. She knocked on the door and when I answered, she tried to shove a flyer in my hand. I looked down and saw it was for a church only a few houses down. I told her I'd take the flyer if she'd have a conversation with me. She asked me my faith and I told her that I was a Buddhist. She said that god needed to save me because being anything other than what he wanted for me was 'unclean'. I asked her how she would know what an omniscient supernatural being would 'want' for me, and she said it's because she's read the bible. I asked the relevance of that seeing as the bible was constructed thousands of years ago by men who came from a very different society and I asked why my beliefs somehow mean less because they're not her's and she walked away. It feels like Christmas is -everywhere- and it feels like the only culture that matters is that of the Christian population.
    The passing out flyers in person thing is pretty annoying but you could have left it at that. Why would you try to challenge her beliefs?
    While I acknowledge that the way I communicated was problematic, I feel like some context would help to understand why I acted the way I did. We get 3-4 flyers per week and they stop by 1-2 times per week to - what is the term? minister?- to us. I've asked the people stopping by to stop as it makes me feel uncomfortable. It hadn't stopped at all. It was so exhausting. We're starting to feel uncomfortable about it. I took all of my frustration out on her and I realize how that is problematic. Upside: since then we haven't gotten a single flyer at all and they haven't stopped by. I think if it happens again, I'm going to do as Mariena suggested and just go to the church to insist they stop dropping by.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

I have a septic tank where I live, and it's jacked up.  My parents like to wait until they're confident the problem isn't gonna fix itself before fixing it, which means there are seven people in my house and the toilets don't flush and I've taken one five-minute, freezing shower in the last three days.  I haven't been able to wash my hair, so it's a grease mess and I generally just feel gross.  They're coming to drain the drain fields (I think?) sometime this morning, and I'm praying it's in time for me to get a real shower before I go to work but I'm doubting it.

Two months ago we told Ansnom's boss that we were moving to Gainesville in December and he needed a transfer to a store out there.  She said that wouldn't be a problem at all and so we were happy and not worried.  We then rented the apartment in mid-November so we'd have it when he got transferred (they were difficult apartments to get because they're owned by the school and really cheap).  And we heard nothing.  And we heard nothing.  And we heard nothing.  Come December, he sends his boss an email saying we just paid our second month's rent on an apartment we're not living in and still nothing.  So we decide to go this weekend to the local lighted boat parade; I grew up and never went, so I got really excited.  Yesterday he gets a message that his boss called for him and it's "imperative" he call her back - this is the same day that Ans got into it with a customer, so he comes home saying he's getting fired.  I am displeased.  After several calls, he finally gets ahold of his boss, who says she's got the transfer worked out!!!! He starts Monday.  So we're moving this weekend.  I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth I know, and the timing is great on this since today is my last day of work, but... I was really excited about this boat parade! : <
    SolariaAryanne
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited December 2013

@Valenae  find out where they live and give them pamphlets on science, and how it "saves lives". 

In all seriousness contact their church and say to stop, it is the polite way to go about it and if that fails use the latter tactic. >.>

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• edited December 2013
    I can't stop coughing. I'll probably get drunk off of cough medicine today.

Wait... maybe this should be a love?
    ArbreAryanne
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    So.. I got a raise today on top of overtime. Also got my Christmas bonus. Herd great news where an old friend of mine is running some new nights in the city and practically begged me to show up because my 'face was needed'. Very flattering fulfilling day.

Then I got stalked on the way home and now I feel a little vulnerable and shattered. Emotions are strange things.
  • Arrrrrrgh why did the heavens open up 20 minutes before my shift is up Arrrrrrgh noooo my coworker better not call in. I don't wanna work 17 hours let me sleep
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Piper said:

So.. I got a raise today on top of overtime. Also got my Christmas bonus. Herd great news where an old friend of mine is running some new nights in the city and practically begged me to show up because my 'face was needed'. Very flattering fulfilling day.

Then I got stalked on the way home and now I feel a little vulnerable and shattered. Emotions are strange things.

Tasers are a wonderful thing.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

Piper
    Trager said:

Tasers are a wonderful thing.

[spoiler] Pocket Tazer Stun Gun, a great gift for the wife. A guy who purchased his lovely wife a pocket
    Tazer for their anniversary submitted this:

Last weekend I saw something at Larry's Pistol & Pawn Shop that sparked my interest. The
    occasion was our 15th anniversary and I was looking for a little something extra for my wife
    Julie. What I came across was a 100,000-volt, pocket/purse-sized Tazer. The effects of the
    Tazer were supposed to be short lived, with no long-term adverse affect on your assailant,
    allowing her adequate time to retreat to safety....??

WAY TOO COOL! Long story short, I bought the device and brought it home. I loaded two AAA
    batteries in the darn thing and pushed the but ton.

Nothing!

I was disappointed. I learned, however, that if I pushed the button AND pressed it against a
    metal surface at the same time; I'd get the blue arc of electricity darting back and forth between
    the prongs. AWESOME!!!

Unfortunately, I have yet to explain to Julie what that burn spot is on the face of her microwave.
    Okay, so I was home alone with this new toy, thinking to myself that it couldn't be all that bad with
    only two triple-A batteries, right?

There I sat in my recliner, my cat Gracie looking on intently (trusting little soul) while I was reading
    the directions and thinking that I really needed to try this thing out on a flesh & blood moving
    target. I must admit I thought about zapping Gracie (for a fraction of a second) and thought
    better of it. She is such a sweet cat. But, if I was going to give this thing to my wife to protect
    herself against a mugger, I did want some assurance that it would work as advertised. Am I
    wrong?

So, there I sat in a pair of shorts and a tank top with my reading glasses perched delicately on
    the bridge of my nose, directions in one hand, and Tazer in another. The directions said that a
    one-second burst would shock and disorient your assailant; a two-second burst was supposed
    to cause muscle spasms and a major loss of bodily control; a three-second burst would
    purportedly make your assailant flop on the ground like a fish out of water. Any burst longer than
    three seconds would be wasting the batteries. All the while I'm looking at this little device
    measuring about 5' long, less than 3/4 inch in circumference; pretty cute really and (loaded with
    two itsy, bitsy triple-A batteries) thinking to myself, 'no possible way!' What happened next is
    almost beyond description, but I'll do my best...?

I'm sitting there alone, Gracie looking on with her head cocked to one side as to say, 'don't do it
    dipsh!t,' reasoning that a one second burst from such a tiny little ol' thing couldn't hurt all that bad.
    I decided to give myself a one second burst just for heck of it. I touched the prongs to my naked
    thigh, pushed the button, and . . . HOLY MOTHER OF GOD . . .WEAPONS OF MASS
    DESTRUCTION . . . WHAT THE HELL!!!

I'm pretty sure The Hulk ran in through the side door, picked me up in the recliner, then body
    slammed me on the carpet, over and over and over again. I vaguely recall waking up on my side
    in the fetal position, with tears in my eyes, body soaking wet, both nipples on fire, testicles
    nowhere to be found, with my left arm tucked under my body in the oddest position, and tingling
    in my legs?

The cat was making meowing sounds I had never heard before, clinging to a picture frame
    hanging above the fireplace, obviously in an attempt to avoid getting slammed by my body
    flopping all over the living room.

Note: If you ever feel compelled to 'mug' yourself with a Tazer, one note of caution: there is no
    such thing as a one second burst when you zap yourself! You will not let go of that thing until it is
    dislodged from your hand by a violent thrashing about on the floor. A three second burst would
    be considered conservative?

A minute or so later (I can't be sure, as time was a relative thing at that point), I collected my
    wits (what little I had left), sat up and surveyed the landscape. My bent reading glasses were
    on the mantel of the fireplace. The recliner was upside down and about 8 feet or so from where
    it originally was. My triceps, right thigh and both nipples were still twitching. My face felt like it
    had been shot up with Novocain, and my bottom lip weighed 88 lbs. I had no control over the
    drooling. Apparently I shit myself, but was too numb to know for sure and my sense of smell was
    gone. I saw a faint smoke cloud above my head which I believe came from my hair. I'm still
    looking for my nuts and I'm offering a significant reward for their safe return!!

P. S. My wife loved the gift, and now regularly threatens me with it! [/spoiler]

AarbrokAryanneHavenPiperFerrikMoirean