MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Honestly man, this is a good place to vent even if you feel like it is whatever and not worth it, that is why it is here.  If you need references, help, or even just someone to bitch to we are here for you.

If there is anything I can do to help let me know, dealing with that sort of stuff is not easy, hell I completely empathize with you, but you are on the right track, sounds like you got the eggs in the basket and stuff.  If anything this community takes care of its own, and thats why we are all still here! :)
    ArbrePiperAryanne
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
     @Demarcus: I agree with @Aarbrok. This community is great with helping people out (for the most part anyway) and you shouldn't feel like it was the wrong thing to post in this thread. Sometimes we just need to ramble a bit to get it out there. Those who don't like to read it can choose not to. The rest of us are here as support, vocal or not.

PerilunaArbreHavenAarbrokPiperAryanne
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Like 100% of my posts here are me griping about things that are either irrelevant or I don't have a right to gripe over.  That is exactly what this thread is for - to get it out of your system.
    HavenAarbrokPiperAryanne
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    edited November 2013

Thank you for sharing with us, honestly. I hope everything turns out well for you with minimal added discomfort! It sounds like you have a loooot on your plate worth ranting about.

You take care, you!

Adding my own RAGE! I have no control over my finances when I'm at work on Fridays. I always end up floating around Steam, GOG, and Humble Bundles. (This should be a love but my bank account is weeping)

AarbrokHavenAryanne
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn

I appreciate the kind words. The mask of "everything is OK!" is terribly tiring. I have found the NaNoWriMo challenge to be something I can attempt to be excited about and get into. We'll see how long that lasts. At least the nights fly by while writing.

Again, I really appreciate the sentiments.

TeaniHaven
  • Someone was going through our cars in the driveway. We live like...miles from the city. Wtf random acts of attempted theft?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• My rage is that I got stiffed on a table last night and found that I couldn't summon a horde of spiders to wait for them in their car.
    DraimanSlypheArbreIvolnPiper
  • I know this is sort of a first-world-problem, but I'm mad that I feel like I'm having a crappy weekend :(

Also, Paizo's insanely quick release rate for Pathfinder books. Why so much book? Why so many new mechanics?

Aryanne
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    The long wait before I start working coupled with the even longer wait until I get paid, topped off with nothing available to keep me fully entertained is going to make me go crazy.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • At work, I get commission on a sale if I do a home-visit - these are fairly rare, but strangely I've done 4 this year (seriously, in the last 5 years, I've done all of 6, so this is remarkable). I do the home visits on my own time, using my own car, spending my own gas, and am not paid for my time aside from the commission. Sucks if a sale doesn't come from it, but there generally is, so no biggie.

I did a visit back in March, half the family was nearly an hour late showing up, it was around dinner time, and eventually they started cooking dinner and ate in front of me, without even offering me so much as a glass of water. But, whatever, I got a sale out of it, so hungry and annoyed as I might be, I knew I'd get paid for it eventually.
    However, I do not get paid for my commission until AFTER the memorial is completed, installed, and paid-for-in full by the family.
    This family has taken -forever- to get this darn thing approved, made us juggle between three different family members, because the original person we had as our contact decided that "dad died, this means I hate you all and never want to speak with you again" but, ya know, didn't bother to tell US this fact. Anyway, it is -finally- done and installed, and now they're a month late in paying off the balance.

tl;dr PAY YOUR BILL, I WANT MY MONEY, UNICORNS!

I'm allergic to the adhesive on a lot of bandaids and medical tape.  This is something I've been aware of for years now and can usually keep problems from happening by buying specific bandages and paper tape and taking off bandaids medical places put on me as soon as I can.  So, reasonably, I thought the hour or so the EEG leads were on my face for the zapping wouldn't be a big deal.  Well, evidently the repeated exposure has build up, and now my face is broken out and sore.  I look worse than I did at 15.
  • Arbre said:
    I'm allergic to the adhesive on a lot of bandaids and medical tape.  This is something I've been aware of for years now and can usually keep problems from happening by buying specific bandages and paper tape and taking off bandaids medical places put on me as soon as I can.  So, reasonably, I thought the hour or so the EEG leads were on my face for the zapping wouldn't be a big deal.  Well, evidently the repeated exposure has build up, and now my face is broken out and sore.  I look worse than I did at 15.
    And I thought a kiwi, banana, and latex allergy was bad.  

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

Ivoln
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Just got to my next job site and realized I forgot my laptop charger. Guess I won't be logging in until next Monday at the soonest
  • Hate that. Usually it's me leaving my charger at work on a Friday afternoon though.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Valenae said:
    This sounds like the opening to an awesome joke.
    ArbrePerilunaAarbrok
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE

Moirean said:
    Valenae said:
    This sounds like the opening to an awesome joke.

Or the ending of a really wild hen's party.

edited November 2013
    Now, I'm already a grump-pants at the moment but this is definitely not helping. I worked 6 days out of 7 last week in order to get overtime and to help out a coworker. She had to give up her OT weekend shift because her uncle died by being beaten in a home invasion a few days back. That, alone, is terrible. She's an amazing trooper, though, and trying to keep herself up and about. So freaking sad. 

Anyways, that's a rage. This is also a rage. They didn't put those hours into my paycheck. You might say, 'Just have them put it into the next one'.. but it doesn't work like that. I've got a couple hours off for doctor appointments this week which'll eat into those hours. Might as well say that I worked that Saturday as a freebie since I could have had those hours missing this week covered by sick but Noooooooo...

I also hate people that feel that babysitting people on their free time when it doesn't have anything to do with them is a good idea. Seriously. Just go away and do what you gotta do and I promise we won't set fire to anything. Maybe. All you're doing is making it hard to get along with other people because you're feeling watched.

I hate people so much right now.
  • Nothing like six cop cars blocking the entrance to the parking lot at work while they arrest one guy to distract everyone you work with because they'd rather watch. Whoo for four phone lings ringing all at once! Guess I won't be ordering delivery for lunch today which means I'm stuck with eating the soup I brought... without a spoon because I forgot it at home... I'm ready for this day to be over.
  • edited November 2013
    I'm having lots of trouble scheduling my classes because my school is all 'ra ra social justice, let's just have the classes at one time so we can broadcast to other campuses via ITV'. Well, it just so happens that the math and science departments schedule the GenEds through all of the times they have social work classes with the exception of one class per department and thanks to a system error, I couldn't schedule anything until this morning, right after every class I needed was already full. I've sent an email to my useless adviser hoping she, in fact, is not useless.

Also, I rage for trouble in paradise after I inform my boyfriend that I'm not going to his family's Christmas celebration because I feel like it's not true to who I am. I told him if it takes place the day before or the day after, I'll happily go and celebrate it as a day of fellowship but I won't compromise my belief system.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• Man, do not get me wrong or anything - as I said in the LOVE thread, I am very happy with my new job and everything... But it has also proven to be very annoying - both for my sleeping pattern as well as my available time (which it cut into greatly).
    So I am still in the adjustment period right now and trying to balance some volunteering work with my job, helping friends and family with their projects along with some Aetolia sprinkled on top, somewhere anyway. I am really hoping things will balance out over time.

In other news: dumb people annoy me. Whether you are just genuinely dumb or acting like it. Stop it, do something about it. Oh I am so sorry good sir, you can not read a sign? Well allow me to smash your face into it multiple times and bid you good day, good sir! Go away dumb people, I do not like you. - Said the guy who has worked with all kinds of 'challenged' children of various ages, so do not misinterpret (or you know, be dumb! :D)

PiperPerilunaAryanne
    I don't think any one that works with the public has any reason but to approve you, Ferrik, People are DUMB.
    PerilunaJasline
  • edited November 2013
    I'm really quite a horrible procrastinator and it's just now finally starting to catch up to me. I started a series of assignments at 7:00 PM due at 8:00 AM tomorrow. It's now 3:40 AM, almost 8 hours in, and I just finished one of the 12ish assignments - a 3-page, single-spaced summary on a chapter for this class.

On the wrong chapter.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

@Slyphe: I feel for you. Never fun when that happens.

Right now, flipping tables would probably be a good idea for me as well. Instead it seems I've taken on an extremely bitchy attitude due to stress. It's so bad I find myself blushing in embarrassment at times because I'm acting so terrible towards people. I'm sorry. :(

• I just cringed, @Slyphe. D:

Slyphe
    edited November 2013
    Hate being sick. Running a fever and it just keeps going up despite meds. I'm also on cough meds, because without it I feel like my lungs are going to leave my body. I try to sleep it off, but I've got a thesis to write, deadlines to keep, a theater show I have to perform in (and sing with a throat that sounds like I've been drinking whiskey all my life, and I'm supposed to be taking the high notes!) DAMN IT!! And things were going so well! :(

Edit: Well, that explains it. Pneumonia. -.-

• Waking up multiple times through the night because your nose and TOES are completely frozen. *mumbles* 
    Tech support. I work in admissions at my local state college and a guy comes in wanting his UNOFFICIAL transcript. Shouldn't be a problem, right? Wrong. He doesn't have a login because he went here before computets were a thing. The college's tech support sends me to FLVC. Their tech support tells me they just use the school's infomation. I call the school's tech support back and the guy is pissy that I'm calling him and I'm not the student. I'm sorry, the student is disabled and I've typed in his info so many times now I have it memorized ANYWAYS. Ugh. If they're gonna make everyone use the website then PUT everyone ON the website.
    Valenae
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Just as it seems like things were starting to improve in my life, I need to somehow get $200 or I'm getting arrested because the company I used to work for didn't actually care about the people working for them. One possible silver lining is a class action lawsuit that could get me some money owed, but not getting my hopes up.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Hnngh my PC. Still battling it, stupid windows updates, it keeps stalling at 32% for hours, and trying to forceboot clean or safemode gets ignored and it just restarts the updates. ><
  • edited November 2013
    EDIT: HELLSHIFT OVER. 15 hours of worrying, complete. To resume tomorrow for another 15 hours.