MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    GROSS POST! WARNING!!

I just had the sad realization that, as much as I want to continue with my terrible eating habits because I like the food.. I HAVE to stop. I don't mind heartburn but it's gotten to the point where I just found that I had gagged up blood. I think it's about time to stop eating buffalo wings.

Cut down on coffee. Cut down on bread. Cut down on spicy... cut down on alcohol. Maybe my body will forgive me someday. Heartburn and a gluten intolerance makes eating difficult when you adore bread and all the things you're not supposed to have.
    Periluna
  • Piper said:
    [EATING WHAT YOU SHOULDN'T]
    I'm allergic to milk. Not lactose intolerant, but allergic to milk and milk products.

I feel your pain.
    Yeah. I keep forgetting that my body's getting older and eventually going to stop forgiving my bad behavior. Color me officially educated, sigh.
    Ivoln
  • A life without wings is no life at all. :(
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

IvolnXeniaHaven
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    edited October 2013
    I have a sinus infection. It sucks royally.

Also, I want XCOM: Enemy Within to come out already. :(

One of my favorite games. I never cared about my soldiers so much in a game.
    Jensen
  • RE Slyphe's signature: You know there's legitimately lots of embarrassing pictures of Razmael floating around, right? And he posted them of his own volition several years ago?

Dose legs, guuuurrrrl.
    Ivoln
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Getting hit with some horrible depression this weekend. I understand that I've been sick, but over the last few weeks, I've never felt more isolated or alone as I have over the weekend. :(
  • IvolnIvoln Azvosh Rakar
    You know why, of course.

MastemaAlice
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    so I survived my 5 flights (totally scared of flying here), but thanks to a few pills from my DR he was able to make me feel very good about the flights!  I was really surprised on how relaxed I felt.  I no stomach cramps from the nerves nor did I have white knuckles from gripping the arm rests!   I was cool as a cucumber and even flirted with a few of the cute flight attendants!!  heh  

Landed last Sunday but been busy all week with Shrek the Musical, opening night was Friday night and I finally got a night off tonight!  So look for me more and more in game!
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    MastemaHaven
  • Dealing with the horrifying and very preventable death of a friend.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Things are way too hectic for me right now and it's making me unable to be online as much as I'd like. I miss Aetolia. :(

Also, if anyone know of any good research done on the effects of using games in education, PM me about it.

• My work has been getting a LOT of phone calls from other states far away from mine. So when we answer the phone, doesn't matter who answers, they wait until after we finish our greeting spiel to hang up. They don't call back right away either like people usually do when their phone drops the call. It's been happening ALL month long and besides being just annoying it's creepy.
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    300$ noise violation courtesy of the city of Burlington, for a haloween party at 11pm on a Saturday (to be fair there were 35 people in my 800 sqft apartment). How am I going to catch up to Daskalos in artifacts at this rate...,
    Haven

Those moments at work when a patient shows up to check in at the front desk.. and then the phone rings.. and then I have to sneeze really badly AT THE SAME TIME.

/me flips a table.

Ivoln
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Bilateral ECT today.  I've taken all sorts of painkillers, including narcotics, and my head is still killing me.
  • edited November 2013
    We still love you Arbs and if need anything tell us!!!

• Almost every last one of my closest friends last night decided to hang out, 2 miles away from me, and not a single fucking one of them asked if I wanted to hang out too.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• I cracked the screen on my new phone. I knew going to eat dinner with my mother would end in disaster.
  • Being sick. Again. Because apparently I have the immune system and constitution of a five year old from the Gashlycrumb Tinies.
    Aryanne
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Haern said:
    Being sick. Again. Because apparently I have the immune system and constitution of a five year old from the Gashlycrumb Tinies.

Stay out of blight town
    Ivoln
  • IvolnIvoln Azvosh Rakar
    Jensen
  • The Windows 8 Narrator and its too-easily-pressed shortcut D:
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    edited November 2013
    Ciarelle said:
    Windows 8

ftfy

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    AryanneCiarelleEzalor
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Setne said:
    Ciarelle said:
    Windows

ftfy
    Ditto.
    AryanneCiarelle
  • Mfw I come home to a for sale sign in my lawn - no notification from my landlord. I immediately called my landlord and he didn't pick up so I texted him wondering what was going on and he said it's for sale but whoever buys it will honor my lease. The next call was to HUD in Nashville to find out what  my rights were. On Friday, I'm going to have a conversation him and basically say that in the future, I would like to be kept informed.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn

It is really quite odd. I read many rage-y and mad-ening posts here and have difficulty relating to about 95% of the problems. I can't help but feel that my problems are completely trivial compared to what most of the people on here face, yet that realiziation never seems to be enough.

My wife is due in a month with our first child. I want to say that I'm excited, but I don't get excited about things anymore. I'm more excited that I don't have to work for ~3 weeks than I am to have a kid. I know kids are awesome, and I should be excited, but I'm just not. The excitement is also lost on just about everything else. I try and convince myself that returning to Aetolia would be awesome. I have no doubt that it will be. I miss interacting with folks. But there doesn't seem to be a desire or a thrill or a drive to actually make me do anything. Not even connect to say 'Hi.' That first step is supposed to be the hardest, right? Can't even take it. My other hobbies are fighting to maintain some interest to me, and often times I find myself throwing money at them in an attempt to convince myself that I'm enjoying them. I almost always end up regretting it.

Whenever I do get any sort of energy or motivation, it tends to come with a complete loss of judgment and impulse control. Fortunately I've been able to recognize this and kick it in the face before things got bad. I've been seeing this little unicorning shadow critters that fly around and are a general nuisance. I get the sneaking suspicion that they don't actually exist, but they're doing a fantastic job of convincing me that they're there. My old psychiatrist would probably tell me "thats normal," just like my hypersomnia and indifference to the world. I do have a new pdoc and she seems to be much more intelligent. I can tell already she didn't get her M.D. from a box of Cracker Jacks. She said she was going to try and get the form of one of my medications that I actually did pretty well on until I came under the VA's care and they nixxed it because it was too expensive. I'm not holding my breath.

I also have a lot of anxiety over my Formal Physical Evaluation Board coming up in the middle of November. The Navy is trying to illegally reduce my disability benefits by around $1000 a month. I hired an attorney to appeal it and the next step is for me to show up in DC to state my name, rank, and SSN, then let my attorney do all the talking. Lovely. The shooting a few months ago at Washington Navy Yard hasn't helped that angst at all, either. I have enough to worry about in my every day life, I don't need to be going to a place where someone has gone and shot up once. At any rate, the Department of Defense has a tendancy to be stupid in these sorts of cases, so I figure I'm in for a nice, long, anxiety-ridden battle. When my attorney actually gets back to me, I tend to be pretty reassured, but right now he apparently didn't read to notice close enough to realize that the date was set for the hearing. On top of that, the folks from Navy Personnel Command haven't bothered to get back to me regarding my travel. I guess I can just cover my end and call the guy back regularily, and when no travel gets scheduled and I don't show up and they want to throw out my case, it'll be a great point in the class action lawsuit that they wouldn't even bother paying for me to show up like they were supposed to, let alone do what they're legally obligated to do in the situation.

Then we come to everyone's favorite gripe -- the job. Got a new boss, he's friggin' awesome. I've become more authoritative under his guidance, which is good. He's trying to get another manager here so we don't end up working 14+ days straight at 13+ hours a day when someone goes on vacation or has to go out of town for training or what have you. We basically got told that unless we can find a way to demonstrate how having another manager is going to save us $9000 a month, it isn't happening. Yet a smaller terminal just north of us got a fourth manager. The politics behind everything just sickens me sometimes. I've had two docs tell me in the last 3 months that I need to get a different job. Not should, their professional medical opinion is that I will not see an improvement in my symptoms while I maintain my current employment. I believe it. I'm not happy, I work too many hours, I'm not challenged, I'm barely interested, and typically I just get pissed off at what other people do because they think they're intelligent but in reality they're not. I may not know everything, but I know how to figure most stuff out. I have the option to go back to school and pursue graduate studies in something I'm interested in, at least for a few more years. Depending on how this Navy garbage turns out, it might be worth seriously looking into.

I guess I'm just tired. Very, very tired. There isn't much I can do about it, and even if there was, I'm not sure I'd even be motivated to get it done.

Haven
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    @Demarcus http://www.keyhealthcare.org/ is the link to my family's business. We're a discount program that works with the VA. Short version is, we can get you the Rxs a VA DOCTOR prescribes you w/o a co-pay (A doctor, not a nurse practitioner, so make sure the dr. signs your Rx). You'll go to the pharmacy, there will usually be a delay while the pharmacist talks to us. This delay will be about 15 minutes it it's anyone other than me answering the phone and the VA is giving us BS. This delay will be 5 minutes if its me. The program should be free for you, since you're a vet.

I know that's cold comfort. I'm not where you are, but I'm headed there and trying to fight it every step of the way.
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Angwe said:
    @Demarcus http://www.keyhealthcare.org/ is the link to my family's business. We're a discount program that works with the VA. Short version is, we can get you the Rxs a VA DOCTOR prescribes you w/o a co-pay (A doctor, not a nurse practitioner, so make sure the dr. signs your Rx). You'll go to the pharmacy, there will usually be a delay while the pharmacist talks to us. This delay will be about 15 minutes it it's anyone other than me answering the phone and the VA is giving us BS. This delay will be 5 minutes if its me. The program should be free for you, since you're a vet.

I know that's cold comfort. I'm not where you are, but I'm headed there and trying to fight it every step of the way.
    I'll be honest, I wasn't entirely sure what the point of me posting here was. Maybe just to talk to someone, or at least feel like I was since I'm not afforded the luxury of a therapist. Not only won't my schedule allow for it, but there is always the issue of health insurance, and Tricare refuses to pay for anything anything for myself because they think I should be getting all of my care at the VA. As awesome as some of these mental health professionals have been, I can only imagine what the psychologists are like.

@Angwe I really appreciate the response. I do. If my pdoc can't get it through the VA's pharmacy, I'm definitely going to use your program.