MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• Had to go to work while sick because I'm the only person in town with keys to the office and who can do the billing processes while my boss is out of town.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    edited October 2013
    Being the nice daughter/granddaughter that I am, I agreed to stay at my parents' house for a few nights to watch over my grandmother while my parents took their first vacation in over a year. Last night they called to tell me they found bedbugs, so now we're inspecting our house everywhere, washing everything, dumping things in bags, and hoping they didn't come home with me.
  • edited October 2013
    To the fox that stared my car (and me) down as I pulled into the driveway at work, then charged at my car--WHAT THE EVERLOVING HELL, MAN.

I HATE NATURE.
    SaritaSlypheTeaniCiarelleArbrePerilunaMoirean
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    My like is for the pure irony of your last statement.
    ArbrePerilunaEsperAryanne
  • I understand the irony of it. I embrace it, even. :(
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    I was driving home from work tonight and was behind this silver acura. Right before we were going to get into this small town, there is a white house on a hill. Two people were outside talking in the yard of this house, and a black and white kitten was streaking down the yard, towards the road.

I was slowing down because I wasn't sure of its trajectory and the kitten wasn't slowing down for the road. I didn't hit it, but the bastard in the Acura did. Didn't even break or try to miss it, just clipped the poor thing. It went rolling and twisting into the ditch, and I just turned into these people's house. 

I might have been a wee bit shaken, but I felt they should have known their cat just got hit. So I told them, with a blurted out 'Your cat just got hit by the car in front of me and I didn't do it but I feel so bad I had to tell you, he's in the ditch somewhere. The bastard just clipped him, didn't slow down or anything, ooh my god.'

The lady was sweet about it and I left.

• edited October 2013
    Mfw my professor gives me 3-5 page paper and a 300 question exam, due dates one day a part. He did this with a weeks notice. Neither one is on the course schedule. With five class all requiring midterms this is definitely the piss in my cheerios. Thanks bro. 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    I am scared beyond belief right now!  On Tuesday I will be taking a plane from Chicago to Denver then to LA, then a week later from San Fran to Seattle WA, and then a few days after that Seattle WA to Denver then Chicago again!  

The truth.....I AM SCARED TO FLY!!!!   The last time I flew was in 2003 and in the next two weeks I will be on 5 different planes!!!   If you hear of a crash and never see me log in again, please build a statue of me and remember me always!!   **freak out mode initialized**
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    Haven
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Breathe, Macavity.  Planes are -way- safer than cars.
    RivasPerilunaValenaeCiarelleIvolnAryanne
  • More people actually die to donkey kicks every year, in fact.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• And vending machines.

Fact.
  • Saybre said:
    And vending machines.

Fact.
    Vending machines proving that they are at the top of the food chain.
    HavenArbrePerilunaValenaeCiarelleMoireanPiperAryanne
  • edited October 2013

@Macavity

You should only fear the drop bears... they kill billions of people every year, and can teleport from one place to the next! They love the blood off people from Chicago too!!!! 

BEWARE THE DROP BEAR.

Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • I got off work Friday night, had a major coughing fit (allergies+cold), and started losing my voice. Had completely lost my voice by Saturday afternoon, and I still don't have it back right now. Which sucks, because I work 60-85 ft. in the air and my only way of communication is yelling. Monday planned today out perfectly. I hate you, Monday.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Please stop raining. I miss the beach weather. >_< Plus... I think I may have to have my wisdom teeth removed after all. Oh boy.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • Haven said:
    I think I may have to have my wisdom teeth removed after all. Oh boy.
    Good luck! Had mined pulled about 2 weeks ago. Don't look like a chipmunk anymore! Downside, the bruise is gone, so I had to stop telling people about my failure to beat my fiance in a boxing match.. (those who knew got the joke VERY well. ) 
    HavenPiper
  • Haern said:
    To the fox that stared my car (and me) down as I pulled into the driveway at work, then charged at my car--WHAT THE EVERLOVING HELL, MAN.

I HATE NATURE.

Meyvitch says HELLO! Hello! :D
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • Not sure where else to post this - Moi won't be around for the next while. Family stuff came up, she said to let you know everyone's fine, but she'll be gone for awhile. So, doing my bit to pass it along!

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

OMG!!!  My flight is tomorrow!>!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I have lots of meds and might even do a few shots at the bar!!!    God watch over me please and do not let me die in a tin can screaming through the sky!!
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• Macavity, I almost hit the agree button, not about the meds and liquor, but we'll be waiting for you to come home safely, mmkay?

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    HavenAngweAarbrokPeriluna
  • TozToz
    edited October 2013
    The government shutdown is actually stopping me from doing my marketing homework. THANKS OBAMA.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

HavenAryanne
  • I had a lot of people complaining about the fact that they couldn't get homework done because of various sites being shut down. 

I hate the background check/credit check portion of this job offer. For one thing, I have no idea of all my addresses in the last ten years, for another, I've been unemployed for a year. My credit is not golden right now. And yanno, a JOB would fix that. Argh, just be done already. -stomps around angrily-

If I get denied a job because of poor credit, I'm going to go on a crusade to make that not allowable for jobs that do not have you handling large sums of cash. Because, really, what better way to keep people screwed for life than not provide them a job to fix their financial situation -because- their financial situation is poor. 

All the anxiety. Make it stop. ;_;
    imageimage
    TeaniPerilunaAngweAryanne
  • There is a group of people on my campus right now yelling at folks that walk by and saying they're all going to hell. Said group picked out one of my buddies that just so happens to be gay who was standing with a group they call the silent witnesses, a group formed mostly of people from our gender and sexuality alliance club. Whenever stuff like this happens they gather around just to make sure nothing gets out of hand and nobody's hurt.

This guy, toting an 'Evolution is a Lie' sign, pretty much tore into my buddy claiming he was going to hell, he's worthless and contributes nothing to the world, and other pretty harsh comments when all he was doing was standing there to make sure nothing got out of hand and everybody (the people preaching included) were safe. He didn't even say a word.

Just... so much HNNNNNG.

• SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    God damn, I don't really know where to start.

Congress would be a good one. I work with some great folks day in and day out for the U.S. Army. What I see now is a demoralized group of civilians that, most of which anyway, pour their hearts and souls into their jobs here. In most cases, a lot of them could go private sector where the money is, but they choose to work for the Army because, like me, they love supporting the many enlisted and officers that defend our country. Now, because some idiotic children in Congress (who get paid no matter what) are throwing a political theatre temper tantrum, a lot of these folks are not getting paid, could end up losing their homes, and all the negative connotations of NOT BEING ABLE TO PAY YOUR BILLS. Oh, but for some of them? The government asks them to come in anyway (including myself, but thankfully I am getting paid) and work for the PROMISE of being paid with backpay down the road (no guarantee of when we'd actually get it). Now with the threat of the debt ceiling, there's a possibility that soldiers may end up suffering for all of this too. I mean, they already are since the DoD can't give money to the families who have to bury the soldiers that are KIA while abroad. Don't get me wrong, I love my country and love working for it, but it's saddening to see.

My next rant probably deals with disingenuous people who pretend to be friends with you. I don't know how many times I've been the person to listen to someone else rant or just listen in general when they just needed someone to hear them. Yet, when I have to rant? Ignored, conveniently busy, or they just don't want to hear it. Fortunately, I've cut out most of the people that have done this from my life within the last few weeks. People, friendship or any relationship (doesn't have to be romantic) is a two-way thing. Give and take. If you take, take, take, take, you're going to be finding yourself wanting for that person to listen to you but no one to do so. 
    MinaraelPerilunaRivasCiarelleHaven
  • Slyphe said:
    There is a group of people on my campus right now yelling at folks that walk by and saying they're all going to hell.

Just... so much HNNNNNG.
    Call campus security. They're there for a reason and a bunch of people verbally harassing (there's a difference between a protest and harassment) students is a sure way to get them kicked off campus.
    MastemaHaven
    yay first flight down, one more from Denver to LA!
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

HavenAryanne
  • Cleaned so much at work today that as I'm laying down and trying to go to sleep, the images in my head are of... yep... you guessed it... cleaning shelves. And I don't mean just wiping them down. No. We were taking razor blades and those paint scraper thingys to the shelves to get all the tape and tag residue off. Some were downright disgusting. Pharmacy shelves were the worst ones. That and pet food. Did I mention I hate cleaning?
    Aryanne
    and now I am safe and sound in Irvine CA!  It was an adventure just to get to the hotel alone!!  ugh, the rental car place does not take debit cards with MC/VISA logo on it which is still a credit card!!  So annoying!  Would have been nice if the booking agent told us about this BEFORE coming.  Also they do not take cash either!  I feel sorry for people do who not have Credit Cards!  Thats a bit insane!!
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

TeaniHavenPeriluna
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    edited October 2013
    ...why wouldn't a business take cash? I don't get it. o.o

Edit: Well... nevermind. Now that I think about it, it kind of makes sense for a rental car place for tracking purposes I guess. But it seems strange that they wouldn't take a debit card with those logos on it. o.o
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Debit cards don't offer many protection options that credit cards do, both for buyer and seller - even if they are from MC or Visa. Plus, it shows that you have a credit history, since debit cards do not count towards credit history at all. A lot of car rental places only take credit cards still. I think it's because most credit cards have insurance on them for rental damage..or something. I looked it up once, but can't remember.