MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• Iosyne said:
    My scumbag ex-roommates. Not only does one of them owe me $1,000 from when he was jobless and couldn't pay his share of rent, both of them didn't even bother paying their share of the last three utility (water/electric/gas) bills. I got a collections notice from the utilities company stating that there's still over $700 owed. After a week of both of them ignoring my calls/texts/facebook messages, I finally get one of them to respond, barely. He acknowledged that it needed paid, but said nothing about when they were going to pay it. Meanwhile it's in my name, and they have the gall to get mad at me for harassing them about it... what the unicorns.

I also found out that they probably have the iPad I thought I had packed (I moved several states away over a month ago). They're evidently too stupid to realize I have my Chrome browser synced up on the cloud, and a webpage was opened up recently on it. As soon as I can find another iOS device, I'm going to use the Find my iPhone app to see where it is. If it's in Kansas.... hoo boy, I pity the fools. 

I'm just utterly floored that people can actually be this terrible. I'm not a violent person by nature, but I would go there and take a metal bat to their kneecaps (or hire someone to). 
    I'm all for the baseball bat idea but have you thought about small claims and holding them liable for court fees as well? I had a friend in Vermont who did that and they got quite a bit of their money back. Granted, the guy she sued was rich, heh, but the point still stands that maybe you could at least take a legal baseball bat to their kneecaps? 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

Haven
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Quitting smokes cold turkey. Again. I apologize in advance for how I may behave for the next three days or so. I'll try to be cool.
    AarbrokTeani
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I hope that works out for you.
    HavenJaslineTeani
  • Update: I tried to call the utilities company today since I got paid, and told them about the situation and to make a partial payment ($150). They said that making payments won't stop it from going to collections, and it has until the 20th of this month to get paid off before it's sent to collections. 

Fantastic. 
  • @Ioysne speak with someone up higher in that company. Most of the time they would take payments. Especially when you are willing to work with them about them getting their money.

Teani
  • I've never heard of a policy where if you set up a payment plan with an arrears officer internally, they put you through to collections anyway. It actually behooves the company to deal internally before selling it to a collections agency (they make a loss if they do that). I know America is all kinds of messed up, but don't you guys have hardship laws over there?
    Mastema
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    what are hardship laws??
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    AryanneValenae
  • We have consumer protection laws, but those may only apply to hospital bills. Never tried to claim that I was making a "good faith payment" on anything but ER visits.
  • Wow... kind of stupid that they treat people like that. I know that if I had a bill (which I don't, because I bludge off my bro) you can claim hardship (e,g,) loss of job, unexpected issues etc and you can pay it off without creditors. It all seems geared towards creating bigger dept.

Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • Considering America has created an entire industry around credit and debt, and ensuring people have to pay more money for the 'privilege' of being poor, I'm not at all surprised. 
    AryanneVidgetValenaeEsper
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Mastema said:

Wow... kind of stupid that they treat people like that. I know that if I had a bill (which I don't, because I bludge off my bro) you can claim hardship (e,g,) loss of job, unexpected issues etc and you can pay it off without creditors. It all seems geared towards creating bigger dept.

I wish we had that in America!  the times I lost my job for a year at a time would have been nice to put the payments on hold or something and not have to run around trying to find the means to pay for the basics of a car or rent!
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • Oh fuck this noise, moving to Australia.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

TrigruMinarael
  • I spoke to the arrears manager at work. He told me that 'collections' could simply mean that the arrears team are handling the affair. Unless they inform you they're selling your account to a debt collection company, you're not in any fear of suffering from poor credit.
  • Stupid burnt up tweakers and this testosterone inflated fucking work environment. Try to say you have a fucking problem politely and following the fucking rules of reporting problems and instead of dealing with it like a grown fucking adult THE GOD DAMN BOSSES RESPOND WITH MACHO MAN REPLIES OF VIOLENCE AND THREATS.

This is rediculous. Half of my equipment doesn't work and when I inform them about it and tell them that it's been this way since before I started out here I get told to deal with it or that it's my fault. And then when we don't get the job done as fast as we should due to failing equipment I get my ass chewed. What makes it worse is that my dad is my boss, so when I start yelling back at him it just looks like the bosses kid not getting his way. I can't win, I'm this close to getting fired because my other boss hates me because I started pointing out when he does things completely wrong and unsafe, and the Pushers back him in yelling at me saying stupid shit like "it's gotta be done like that." No, it takes a minute fucking tops to attach my life line so I'm not stranded 50 ft in the air on a half a foot wide steal beam that's moving and not tied off to something. Yes, it would be easier, safer, and smarter all around to use the wench line on the 600 lbs. tool instead of making me try to move it 10 ft. It prolly would speed things up if I could go down with my transfer instead of letting it bleed off, or safer than letting all of that steel just fucking drop 2 ft. into the fingers. It might be safer if our brakes on the rig work when you keep sending us to 10000 ft. wells and it gets KINDA FUCKING HEAVY. It might be easier to do our job with tools instead of finding neanderthal ways of breaking a connection with 1 pipe wrench and a god damn hammer, or if our tongs didn't leak a gallon of hydraulic oil in 2 minutes.

But nooooooooo. It's totally my fault that the people who are suppose to supply these things aren't. Threatening to fire me if I don't magically make it works is completely reasonable.

Stupid fucking tweaking inbred retarded trailer park trash. Fuck.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• edited September 2013
    The store I was just moved to is being sold to our competitor. They aren't keeping the employees. I have a month to figure something out.
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Got terminated from my job today while still on my 3-month probationary period. Time to go job hunting again. D:
  • Man, America blows. I'm hearing nothing but depressive remarks from its citizens lately. All of its patriotic glory is beginning to wash out.
  • TozToz
    edited September 2013
    Further :| incoming when I get home from 'murica.

I live near Charlotte. It's just a mess, and normally hearing about stuff on the news doesn't really bug me - but the guy who is now dead was 3 years older than me. And I have a cousin who is a cop in a town nearby, and it's just a whole cluster-unicorn of weird, man. And it feels like every time I turn on the news, there's a story like this *somewhere*.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    *is not American* >_>
  • Hate my new reading lenses. Doesn't help I drank a large glass of wine first, but I need to practice reading thru them. First time in my life I got reading glasses. They're also in the wrong frames! I got to lenscrafters and realized the glasses I wanted to put my new computer lenses in (I was wearing them) I also needed to keep as is to get home safely. I should have just gone home and called it a day, gone back on Friday . Dumbass. And my computer lenses made me sick to my stomach this morning, BEFORE I had two glasses of wine! Whining sucks. I'm returning these to Lenscrafters yeahubetcha. :-) I can live with one pair of glasses per year.

BTW HOLY CRAP I didn't know there was such a thing as lenses too strong for LenscrafterS? I never had the context to realize how bad my vision was. They have to take 7-10 days to order the prescription.

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    That's not.. normal? That's how long it takes my glasses every time I get new ones >>

Aryanne
  • Having to say goodbye after a few hours to an old friend from Japan after not seeing her for years.
  • I have a super low prescription and it takes me 1-3 weeks to get new glasses/lenses anytime I get new ones.

That said, I don't go to lenscrafters, I buy them direct from my optometrist.

Angwe
  • edited September 2013
    My grandfather passed away so I decided to drive to Arkansas to be with my family and friends. I'm supposed to be staying with a friend from high school because my family are crazy. I get there are 4am and then wait for an hour and a half for my friend to show up. I get to bed at 6:30am after driving six and a half hours. Both my friend and my family knew what time I was getting in. I wake up at 2:00pm to 28 times, the earliest one be 10am, and 4 missed text messages from my family, the text messages demanding to know where I am so they can drop by my friend's house.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• Just getting contacts is a hassle. For a 6 month supply of contacts, I have to drop over $300. Glasses take weeps. :(

The fun of having one blind eye. I feel all your eye pains!
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    If you live in Canada, go to Costco. They sell them at cost.

If you don't live in Canada, move to Canada.
    Kaleigh
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Costco's also a good deal in the US, or BJs. I don't know if Sam's Club has a vision center. 
    Aryanne
  • I got two designer pairs for $100Aus, and it took 4 working days. Only reason it was so quick was it was direct from the optometrist. (both single vision for reading)
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • Areka said:
    Costco's also a good deal in the US, or BJs. I don't know if Sam's Club has a vision center. 
    The one closest to me does, not sure if that's standard though.
    imageimage
  • Sam's Club has the same parent company as Wal-Mart, and both of those places have vision centers. I actually got both of my two pairs of glasses each at a Sam's Club and a Wal-Mart, and it's where I'm going back to once these crap out on me. I recommend.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

PerilunaHaydyn