MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• edited August 2013
    Also, while I'm on the rage train here - the relationship we have with Stab's mom is confusing and rage inducing. Stabs and I pay, for a room, the price of an apartment in his mother's house. I feel like the relationship we, as a couple, have with her is counterproductive because we don't have the boundaries we need the situation feel less invasive. I'm not afraid to set those boundaries but anytime I speak up I feel like I'm breaking some sort of cultural expectation and overall the situation just makes me feel uncomfortable. I don't think it's appropriate to wake up at 6am to see his mother in our room (while I'm naked!) looking for batteries. I don't feel like it's particularly appropriate for her to ASSUME that I'm going to make 48 cupcakes for her druggie boyfriend to fix a tractor I don't benefit from. We pay for our own meals, our own uts, our own everything and, as I said, this arrangement doesn't work for me. While I'm on the subject, I rage about bringing this up to see his mother make an attempt at alienating me from what I'm feeling. What I feel isn't invalid and I'm getting more and more angry every time she implies I'm being irrational. These are my boundaries and if she doesn't start honoring them then I won't visit when I leave because I won't feel comfortable being around. 

EDIT: I also feel awkward about her asking me to stay until 15 minutes before I have to be some place because she's going to be gone and she doesn't want her druggie/alocholic boyfriend to steal both my boyfriend's and his mother's alcohol. I told him straight up that I'm not hiding my adderall and that if it comes up missing, I'm going to call the police and tell them he's in my house trespassing or donkey punching him. He said he understood but still, I don't like feeling this way in my own home. 

EDITedit: She also came up to Stab's work bringing him food and crying telling him that she doesn't want him to move out. Not because she doesn't like that we're together but because, 'I feel bad that you're leaving'. I respect that the fact we're moving out is hard for her. I'm feeling super uncomfortable because I think her coming to Stab's work is entirely inappropriate. 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• Yea, that's a 'run, don't walk' situation.

And sounds an awful lot like the terrible situation I was in when we stayed with my deceased mister's parents. We were paying enough to cover -all- their bills, yet they couldn't keep the lights or the cable on. His dad was an alcoholic and we all had to tip toe around his temper and assorted ridiculous demands. 

Lots of guilt tripping and boundary invasion there, too. 

imageimage
    Aryanne
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Draiman said:
    I'm sure this was all brought about by my own actions, but it still making me rage. I can't find a job -anywhere-, so I was forced to finally break down and ask my dad for one AGAIN. Part of the reason I have such a bad work history is BECAUSE I've worked for my dad before, which always leads up to me and him getting into fights and him either firing me or me leaving. It's a terrible deal, but it feels like I'm stuck with it. Feels like a hole that I cannot climb out of. >.>

On top of going back to a job that I loathe, it's going to cut in to a large portion of my Aetolia time. I know I have a lot now, and I knew when I found a job it was going to be cut way back, but I mean it's going to cut into -a lot- of it. Not as bad as my last job, which made my time here non-existent, but I'll be lucky if I get in an hour most week days :/ I'll still be on all weekend though! If I'm not somehow forced to have a social llife again. >.>

I guess on the bright side I'm going to make lots of money again. #firstworldprobs
    I know how you feel kinda, been looking for work for 3 years now, and the only two jobs I had much of a chance of getting involved crappy hours, crappy pay, and a lot of other crap that I just couldn't handle. All made even worse by the complete lack of replies from most of the jobs I've applied to, except those rare rejection emails with no explanation.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    edited August 2013
    I hate applying for jobs. I hate that I have to again and, frankly, that life can't give me a break for more than a few weeks before something else crappy happens.

FenrirPeriluna
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs

Oh my god, I just near had a panic attack at work. Someone had to cover me for a half hour while I made a frantic phone call to fix something that never should have happened.

Backstory- I bought a futon on Amazon and got the free trial of Prime to speed it up to a 2 day shipping. Neat! I'd cancel it after I got my futon. What ended up happening was it was shipped out, the label got lost and product shipped back to the dealer. I waited NINE days before realizing that the Dealer wasn't going to send it out again.

I called Amazon and had them cancel and refund. I also told them to cancel the subscription because I wasn't gong to use it.

Fast forward to today when I find my account MASSIVELY overdrawn. Why? Because the Amazon refunded my order but.. never cancelled it. That or the subscription. So I got the money for the futon pulled out ALONG with the subscription fee AND an overdraft fee.

It's all taken care of now that I've worked some phone magic but jebus.. take about thinking I was about to have a heartattack.

• $2,200 worth of damage to my car by way of lawn mower and senile old man as he pushed it aaaaaaaall along my parked car.

(on the flipside, Amazon sent me a free artbook that I thought was a limited print with a video game I ordered--everything's comin' up Milhouse!)
  • Please tell me there's going to be something done with insurance/anything other than you not paying for repairs out of pocket?

My rage: I'm noticing it more now going into my junior year of college than I have the first two, but I've noticed when I'm at school my family's evidently got this sort of 'out of sight, out of mind' mentality going on, or they think that because I'm not home I simply don't care what's going on there. 

So far my dad and step-mom planned a vacation trip to the beach with no invitation/heads-up, and I just found out today from a third party that my grandfather had surgery last week.

HNNG. It takes 30 seconds to send a text message, and not too terribly much longer to call. C'mon.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

I feel ya, Aldric. I found out a couple of years ago that my Great Grandfather had moved to MASSACHUSETS from FLORIDA 6 months earlier when I was told he had died. I knew he had been sick and had spoken to him but had no idea he had gone to MASS!

Yea.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

AldricDraiman
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School

Bills, bills, bills. How I loathe thee.

I love that I'm gradually knocking them out of the park but still. WEEP.

¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    AryannePerilunaHaydyn
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Haven said:

Bills, bills, bills. How I loathe thee.

I love that I'm gradually knocking them out of the park but still. WEEP.

• Waking up to a voicemail and a bunch of texts from my mom saying she doesn't want to be around me anymore because our relationship is "toxic." It was honestly fine until she accidentally sent me a facebook message saying she was ignoring me. I have no clue what she's talking about in the message other than her saying she just wanted to "love me from a distance" and if I ever -really- needed her (ex: jail or dying in the hospital) to let her know. It was one of the most confusing and emotionally draining messages I've ever received in my life. She isn't my biological mother, by the way. She's my best-friend's mom, but I've called her my other mom since I was about 10 or so. I don't speak to my real mom because she gave up that right years ago and the woman who raised me doesn't want to be around me either because I had a child out of wedlock. 
  • Went to the doc today and found out that apparently losing weight rapidly can cause a "sludge" (her words, not mine) to form in your gallbladder. So I've got an ultrasound Friday morning at 7:15 to see what's going on. If nothing shows, I'll have a gallbladder function done (CCK? I think she called it. Something where they inject dye in ya) to see if maybe it stopped working altogether. If it has, she said that it'll spasm and cause cramping pains. 

I'm torn between whether or not I want them to find something. If they DO, then I get it removed. Blingo. Problem solved. If they DON'T find anything, and I never have another attack, great. But every time my stomach growls, I'm gonna get nervous. If they DON'T find anything and I do have another attack, chances are that it'll be way worse.

So... I guess I just get to fret until Friday.

imageimage
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    edited August 2013
    Don't fret! It's SO SO SO easy to get nervous over medicine and medical stuff. I mean, why do you think Google is so full of nasty knowledge that gets people anxious. Trust in your doctors and know that the human body is made to overcome and persevere. I mean, crap. I know it's a difficult issue to face but just know that so many have gone through it enough in the past that doctors know what's going on. It's not really a mystery diagnosis.

You'll be fine. The unknown is always the scariest part of a diagnosis  <3 Hayday
    Haydyn
  • edited August 2013
    Periluna said:
    Waking up to a voicemail and a bunch of texts from my mom saying she doesn't want to be around me anymore because our relationship is "toxic." It was honestly fine until she accidentally sent me a facebook message saying she was ignoring me. I have no clue what she's talking about in the message other than her saying she just wanted to "love me from a distance" and if I ever -really- needed her (ex: jail or dying in the hospital) to let her know. It was one of the most confusing and emotionally draining messages I've ever received in my life. She isn't my biological mother, by the way. She's my best-friend's mom, but I've called her my other mom since I was about 10 or so. I don't speak to my real mom because she gave up that right years ago and the woman who raised me doesn't want to be around me either because I had a child out of wedlock. 
    I can't possibly imagine myself stepping into the role of being a mother figure only to turn my back on my child when it's convenient. I've been in a similar position as you (turns out southern parents - a mom and stepdad- aren't happy with their daughters liking other people's daughters. lol Who knew.) so whatever dude, she obviously has her problems. Being a part of your life in the first place is a privilege, not a right and if she can't even respect you in the most basic ways (i.e. being truthful with you) then screw it. Maybe the distance is a good thing. 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

Minarael
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    I hate that I cannot find a job!  Even though i spend hours and hours sending resumes out...  On top of that unemployment ran out on me so had to barrow a large amount of money from dad in order to stay afloat with car, house and other bills.  Time and money is running out!   **sigh**
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • Pain that I have no control over. I can't stop it, dull it, or really prevent it.

Pardon me while I go curl up and wait to die.
    imageimage
    Draiman
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Every single time one of my neighbors switches ISPs, ours gets cut off, requiring a technician to come out and fix it. This process involves a lengthy phone call in which they try other stuff first (nice, but we already know what the problem is since this happens repeatedly), and then the tech can never come out the next day. Every. Single. Unicorning. Time.
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    I have a migraine and no pain killers. I'm gonna go join Minarael in dying.

Also, rage at my phone. It's a massive troll. Which leads me to a quick apology to...well I don't know who! But I saw that I somehow managed to click the flag button on one of Xenia's post in the new Mafia sign ups. I've been browsing the forums all day and I have no clue if I've flagged anyone else's posts or anything, so if I have, lemme know and I'll go fix that. There's a 99% chance it was an accident!
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• I hate being that guy in the summer, but nel1k2ndk1ln2d1l2

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Absolutely disgusting day at work. Our evening relief didn't show up for two hours, so I got stuck with the coworker whom I covertly refer to as the Half-Retarded Panda, and had the incredible pleasure of serving two entire college basketball teams, none of whom could understand that they were only going to get their food so quickly when it was only one and a half people on the shift.

I'm so utterly exhausted and I smell stanky.
  • Pizza place? At the very least, fast food/diner of some sort.
    Atrapoema said:
    Pizza place? At the very least, fast food/diner of some sort.
    If he hadn't included the word food, some people could have assumed something completely different.

Ingram said:
    Periluna
  • Felt like Miss Muffet today and yesterday. Spider snuck up on me to sit on the bottom corner of my laptop screen, then when I finally noticed, it waved hello--I sent it flying.

Trying on my suits to see which one I wanted to wear to the beach today, felt something crawling on me, and it was a spider!

Went to get in my car today, something fell on my head! A spider!

Seriously, Iosyne, I'll never trap you under a pot again! Promise! 

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    VharenIosynePeriluna
  • +1 for not devolving into a ball of tears and requiring medication, 'cause that's what I would have done.

SaritaPeriluna
  • edited August 2013

Well, I went to unfold my beach chair to put in friend's car--because it had been sitting on my porch awhile, so I wanted to make sure it wasn't filthy. 2 baby spiders in pocket, one broken-out-of spider silk egg pouch on the back of chair...

My friends sent me home with vitamins, does that count as meds? I was freaked out.

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    Aarbrok
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I got the feeling he meant something more along the lines of xanax.
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    edited August 2013
    Spoilered for mild language.

[spoiler]image[/spoiler]
    DraimanAarbrokMinaraelTeaniArbreEsperMoirean
    Any and all spiders that show up in my house are failing at their jobs!

Ingram said:
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Iosyne: I love that one!