MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• MarienaMariena By a lake.
    I rage that I have been SO TIRED recently. All I want to do is sleep and it is ridiculous.

SessizlikArbreJaslinePeriluna
  • I love my friends. I really, really do.

I really love my friends.

I do not love it when my friends stop by despite protest (that granted, they didn't receive because my internet, but they also didn't receive approval either and accept that as a 'yes') when I wanted today to be for me.

I wanted to exercise, I wanted to clean my room, I wanted to DO stuff that I can't do when people are around.
  • Finding out yesterday that I have 2 weeks to move. Find me and Kira a place, get a job, figure out transportation, and everything.

• edited July 2013
    The side effects of  medication. It's definitely making it difficult for me to concentrate on work today.
  • Spiraling emotions :-/

Periluna
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Went to apply for a job today. Got an interview, and I'm pretty sure I nailed it, but I still don't know if I got hired or not, and I'm feeling anxious about it. I'll be upset if I don't get it after I had already impressed them.
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    I've had these pretty bad episodes of getting dizzy lately. No change in diet and nothing out of the ordinary that I know of that should affect me. Gonna call for a doctors appointment tomorrow. One moment, my mom is trying to calm me, saying it's probably just low blood pressure. The next moment, she freaks me out, saying it could be diabetics. <.< I am not a happy camper until I know what's going on!
  • All day 'discussions'.
    imageimage
    Piper
  • The internet at home going out the day before I leave for vacation...

I swear I have those merit points ready >.<

• Meskhenet said:
    Finding out yesterday that I have 2 weeks to move. Find me and Kira a place, get a job, figure out transportation, and everything.

Isn't that illegal? 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

AngwePiper
  • edited July 2013
    Having a dumb day. As in, doing EVERYTHING so as wrong and as inefficient as humanly possible that you're in between crying and laughing because wtf. 

Okay, I have a $649.00 check in the mail from my old security deposit that is arriving as certified mail. I drove into town to get it but they told me that my address is in the neighboring town. I have no idea how I didn't pick up on this. I put the address into the gps and it said, 'Drive straight' so I drove straight until I saw a sign saying I was entering another county. lol I looked down and the damn thing is frozen so I pull over, restart it and it says I've driven ten miles too far. I turn around, finally get to the post office and its closed. It turns out in the rural towns the post offices in TN close at 3pm. In Btown, VT they close around 5:30. 

I go back to check in on my application I turned into steakhouse looking for a cook. It took them fifteen minutes to locate my particular application because, as it turns out, I didn't fill in my last name. 

I got a message on my phone notifying me AGAIN about missing documents. My documents were supposed to be on the school's website and one of them is missing. When I called they said they have the document I'm asking about but I forgot to put my school ID on it so its considered to be an unauthorized document even though I signed it. I have to get back in touch with my social worker in VT to redraft another letter. 

Thanks to the quick power shop I had to do because of everything that was going on, I bought two all-purpose flours and a buttermilk instead of one all-purpose, cake flour and coconut milk. So instead of making the cupcake recipe I've been drooling over, the one I handpicked for my blog, I have to substitute. Not a big deal but it was the straw that broke the camel's back. 

Today, I've decided that I will be going back on Adderall. heh

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    The following conversation at work:

Me- So, the new phone system you guys installed keeps thinking that the doctor's pages are incoming calls from patients and sometimes they can't get through when all the lines are filled.. or we end up putting them on hold. You might want to have someone look into this.
    Office Manager- Or you could just take the calls.
    Me- We.. can't. There's only three lines and sometimes only one person manning the desk. One person can't be on all three lines AND check people in and out for their appointments.
    Office Manager- You'll just have pay more attention. Get the billing department to help. (Her answer to everything)

Later...
    Office Manager- So, the billing department has been complaining about taking your calls. If you need backup, ask me before them.

Later still...
    Office Manager- I can't help you with the phones right now. Can you have them take a message? (Then she wanders into the kitchen area and has a great time chatting with the medical assistants)

This from the same woman who didn't order scotch tape from the office after being reminded about it all the way back in June. Three times. We have carbon copied messages with the dates because she does this all the time..but no tape. Bet you anythng, this is going to somehow be my fault.
  • That's the tits. It sounds like its about time to blow that popsicle stand. 

Honestly, I'd do that if there was any chance of getting a job within a few weeks but unemployment is still hovering around 11-12% over here. I'm blaming it on pregnancy since everyone's popping with babies or something.
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Sounds like Duiran
    SolariaEzalorLinMoireanDraimanAryanne
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    After the lovely trip to Bournemouth, I have ended up on a completely different journey.

Last trip I went via London directly to Bournemouth, no stopping, to get to know the students a little before returning to the big city for some sightseeing and shopping later. Company policy, one leader per approximately 15 students. Last trip I had 18 of my own, working closely with another leader with 13 and everything went swimmingly. We didn't have much trouble at all.

This trip, I'm flying by Paris (three days for shopping and sightseeing, including EuroDisney), which is one of the most hectic stops for leaders, because little time, much to see, not much organized and you don't know the students well enough because it's the first stop of the trip.

This trip I have 31 students on my own, because the leader I'm supposed to be working with won't join me until we reach Jersey Island. With me I have two other leaders with 17 and 19 students in their respective groups.

Company policy dictates no student may be left alone, so when 60 of our 67 students go to Disney, one leader has to remain behind, baby-sitting 7 students, while the other two takes the rest by train to the Park, spends the day trying not to lose anyone, hoping nothing goes wrong with any one student, since that would leave one leader in charge of 59 students alone for the trainride back to Paris.

We're supposed to be responsible for these teenagers and keep them safe. If Higher-ups can't see what's wrong with this picture... 

• I got my first abuse flag when I didn't even really say what I wanted to say :(

• It was 117 F in my work vehicle today at 7pm. No amount of shade or air conditioning made it better. I wanted to die.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    My joints pop.  Constantly.  From everyday activities.  Like walking.

If I get up in the night to go to the bathroom I will have multiple joints popping with every single step.  It's annoying and obnoxious when you're trying to be quiet.  It must be a genetic thing or something because my brother does the exact same thing yet my husband doesn't - I can tell which one of them is walking down the hallway by that alone.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Folk get the Winter Blues, but I get the Summer..something's. My sleep's completely off, I wake up every 2-3 hours and can't fall back asleep for another half, the entire process is exhausting and I end up feeling like (or actually) crying because I'm so desperate for just a full cycle. ><
    MinaraelValenae
  • This http://www.keepflying.com is angering.

Phones are not gaming devices and MMO's do not belong on them.

Glad I already decided to buy into Star Citizen already.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    We have a three story house. Floors #2 (that's us) and #3 (the scary Mexican witch I've never physically seen but can hear) both have Cox internet service. In fact, #3 has the entire Cox internet/TV/microwave oven/teddy bear bundle. These bundles are routed to our house in drops, which are basically big, fat handfuls of wires that communicate the different services. Only trouble is, our three-story house gets two drops.

@Piper's friends moved into floor #1 recently, an arrangement we find agreeable since it makes coordinating D&D games pretty easy. Anyway, #1 gets their Cox internet service yesterday. On the day they get internet, we lose ours.

So there's a lot of complaining and testy, barely patient phone calls to Cox customer service and eventually we get our technician out today. These guys operate like ninja - I call, he comes about half an hour late, we don't know he's there but suddenly we have internet. I'm pretty happy! I say hi to @Eleanor and then to celebrate, I go out to get beer.

On my way out the door, I see the technician. He's apparently not done, and I find him presently splicing and splitting wires at a furious rate. As soon as I make eye contact he says "hi, you're unit #2, right?". I nod. He laughs sarcastically and says "yeah, so..." and explains the drop situation to me, as outlined above. At this moment, John, one of @Piper's friends who lives on floor #1, bolts out the back door with an outraged look on his face. John can turn red like a tomato and it's nothing short of remarkable. The technician catches the look on his face, holds up a hand as if to say "hold up son, hold up son," and continues:

"So yeah, yesterday these guys--" he points at John, "-- get their internet hook-up. Cox sends this fatass. He ain't even contracted like me, he works for the company and apparently has worked there for TWENTY YEARS." He sees that he's raising his voice and takes a deep breath, sighing and trying to relax. "So what this fool did is take your guys' drop and plug it into -their- box."

"You stole our internet!" I say to John. John finds this to be absolutely hilarious. I do too, to be fair.

The technician laughs a bit and nods. "Yeah, so we've got to split your guys' signal for a while until Mr. Fatass comes back to do what he was supposed to do, and wire up a new drop to the house."

After a bit more joking and some wildly hypothetical observations about Mr. Fatass's mental and emotional state, I eventually thank the technician and go out to get my beer. Sadly, they're out of my preferred brand so I'm currently getting messed up on Four Loko, which was compounded by the Great Satan His'self.

Anyway, despite the thread I'm posting this in, I ain't even mad. It was hilarious and Cox took $20 off our internet bill so hey, a net win.
    PiperMoireanTeani
    I am ANGRILY calling my friends DIRTY THIEVES! They bribed me with chinese takeout leftovers to leave them with their lives and dignity.
    Lin
  • Haha, "a net win" 
    LinMoirean
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    VharenArbre
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    o.o creepy
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Angwe
  • Missari said:
    This http://www.keepflying.com is angering.

Phones are not gaming devices and MMO's do not belong on them.

Glad I already decided to buy into Star Citizen already.
    As someone who worked for one of the company's involved in that, yes. They can go to hell.
  • I hate SOMEONE POWERFUL for linking me to something worse than Candy Box.

Minarael
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Vharen said:
    I hate SOMEONE POWERFUL for linking me to something worse than Candy Box.
    If I recall correctly, I linked you(along with a few others) to Candy Box, so you're saying you hated me for that? :(
    [spoiler]Ignore if I didn't link you to it.[/spoiler]

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • Vharen - that game is the most maddening and awesome thing ever.