MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I'm so sorry, I laughed.
    PiperAtrapoemaArbreRivasAarbrokMastemaEsper
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I feel like I am sitting shiva right now to avoid the heat, I have everything closed up, im refusing to cook or exert effort, I just had my food delivered.

..all im missing is a keriah and a drape to cover my mirrors with.

I hate summer, I want overcast skies and a breeze, and a warmed alcoholic beverage.
    MinaraelLin
  • People with spider sigs don't get the nicer things in life.

/glare
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    If it's any consolation, Aarbs, it's hella hot back here in Portland, too. SO YOU WOULD HATE LIFE NO MATTER WHAT!
    AryanneAarbrok
  • edited June 2013
    Australia... winter and cold :(
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I know Moi, but back there I would put a cooler in a raft, float down the river, and forget about all the terrible heat while I drink cold beer and float away.  Here I have the beach, with sand in various crevasses, douchey unicorn bros playing volleyball and grab ass and spilling beer on my towel.

Its just not the same.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    The juice and the pomegranate martini thing are about the same color and are in similar pitchers in the fridge. At 7 am, my cats woke me up for food. Not paying attention, I poured a nice glass of the wrong one and drank most of it before I realized what I'd done. Eight hours later: oww oww oww.
    Piper
    #happyaccidents
    AngweArbrePiperPeriluna
  • How do you accidentally drink alcohol? Are you so inured to the sharp taste now that it is like water?
    Lin
    I just made it super sweet and girly, so the fruity flavors overpowered the alcohol enough that at 7 am when I was half asleep, I didn't notice the difference.
    It's not even limited to girly drinks, if you have really good alcohol you can mask the flavor very easily. Expensive vodkas are a great example of this - hell, some pricy brands almost taste like water straight out of the bottle.
    PiperHavenRivasTeani
    The female-to-male ratio of my friends is probably something like 1:0.3. It's absolutely ridiculous. That said, I'm starting to get that supernatural thing where women tend to have their periods at the same time.
  • edited June 2013
    It's four in the afternoon.. And one hundred and ten degrees. I can't get it below 85 in my house because it is so hot. I know I live in a place that is almost always hot but this is ridiculous!
    Show Him Who's Boss!
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Barda said:
    It's four in the afternoon.. And one hundred and ten degrees. I can't get it below 85 in my house because it is so hot. I know I live in a place that is almost always hot but this is ridiculous!
    I spent a summer in Phoenix where I never uncovered the windows and only wore clothes to go outside. It was a little dark and depressing (and I missed at least one package delivery by not being able to find my pants) but I kept my power bill under $150 and I didn't sweat to death.

... now I teach outside in 110/100% humidity so I don't think you could say I've grown as a person.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    @Oleis swims through the air to get to the marketplace, he does.
    Aryanne
  • It's 94 here, with high humidity. Nobody I know even has A/C. We made a massive pile of sweetened mint iced tea and we are probably going to have Jello for dinner because it's too. damn. hot. to consider making food.

I despise summer. 
    imageimage
    Aryanne
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Yeah, over 100 here. I hopped in the shower and air-dried in front of the big box fan. It was glorious.
    MinaraelLinAryanne
  • I...went to work in an air-conditioned office for 11 hours, and wore a turtleneck to and from work. I miss sunshine. But even when it's sunny, I'm usually in the den playing Aetolia. I need to find stuff to do in Maine in the summer that I'd actually enjoy. I used to be so close to Portland and the beach!
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    You poor didumses.

Well it's midday and my teeth are chattering and I can see my breath in the air and my chocolate mint is dead from frost.

So there.

Mastema
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited July 2013
    Brb moving to AU for the next few months. 

Its 113 here, but thank you lord its only dry heat. We have little to no humidity at all here on the inland of Cali. Still, it just sits hot and dry like a damned oven. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    It's 84 here, but it's raining hard and will continue raining until Tuesday afternoon.
  • Yeaaah, Pennsylvania has been relatively steady with its temperatures lately between 80-95ish but a metric unicorn ton of rain and storms. The storms where I'm at though have been those really awesome warm, summer storms that are generally enjoyable.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Aldric said:
    Yeaaah, Pennsylvania has been relatively steady with its temperatures lately between 80-95ish but a metric unicorn ton of rain and storms. The storms where I'm at though have been those really awesome warm, summer storms that are generally enjoyable.
    The day (usually, today is one of the exceptions), starts out really hot, then the rain rolls in for a while maybe, then the sun returns and kicks the rain out and dries everything out again, then it repeats it until night, then maybe stops raining until later the next day, it's crazy and annoying, because the heat is horrible, but the rain loves messing with my already derpy connection. PA weather needs to get its act together.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • That sinking feeling when you've applied for 11 jobs, played the waiting game for two weeks knowing that you could rock any/all of the jobs you applied for and haven't heard a peep. Dis gonna get me 2 drink. 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

LinMoirean
  • Valenae said:
    That sinking feeling when you've applied for 11 jobs, played the waiting game for two weeks knowing that you could rock any/all of the jobs you applied for and haven't heard a peep. Dis gonna get me 2 drink. 
    I did that for like 3 months after my mister died. Then I turned to freelance writing and am broke but surviving.  First time in my life it's taken me more than two weeks to get a call back on a job I actually wanted. 

Poor, broken economy.
    imageimage
    ValenaeLinMoirean
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Valenae said:
    That sinking feeling when you've applied for 11 jobs, played the waiting game for two weeks knowing that you could rock any/all of the jobs you applied for and haven't heard a peep. Dis gonna get me 2 drink. 
    I'm in largely the same situation. While I did have a job for a short time in February, I just couldn't stick with it due to various reasons, and after 3 years looking for work, it really gets me down and just unmotivated to keep trying.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    Moirean
  • I'm flooding again.

Some moron in a truck (talking monster truck) decided to come down our blocked street; the one with about five barriers, two firetrucks, and an army of firefighters trying to unclog the sewer lines as the creeks yet again gave way. He drove over the barriers, over the firefighter's hose, and swamped the firefighters in about three feet of water during a flash flood. I couldn't get his license plate, but I hope the firefighters did because they ran after that jackass screaming every foul word they could.

If you guys are expecting anything from me in the next two weeks, you might not want to. Just sit tight, please.
  • Some children just aren't going to make it.  This idiot kid, I'd say around 11 or 12 go darting out into traffic for god knows what reason and gets hit by a car right in front of me on my way home from the gym.  You would think me standing there waiting for the crosswalk deal to say "Go" would have been a good clue for that stupid kid to just wait it out.  Can we say Natural Selection?
    Adding to weather related misery, we just discovered that the carpet near our HVAC was soaked. The drip pan was really full, and I'm guessing when we got all the rain earlier, it overflowed. We just spent 30+ minutes with every single towel in the house trying to get is somewhat dry again, but even on the last towel, the water would pool out when we touched it. Now we're doing laundry and waiting for an HVAC company to wake up and send someone over to check it out.
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I've been out in PA for the last 10 days working, that quarter sized hail was nuts