MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• edited June 2013
    I want to RAWRRRRR*CRUSH*. I was denied full aid at UVM this semester and after a few moments of weepy ohwtf I found myself dialing the coordinator's phone number and yelling. A lot. I don't even remember what I said, tbh. I think it had to do with getting certain limbs out of a singularly particularly tight orifice. I do take responsibility for my part in the situation. Yes, I fell below the minimum gpa (by .3!) and to be fair I do have another University lined up but I feel in light of all the personal changes I've made in the last year, I'm under served by the financial aid office's decision. 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    edited June 2013
    Beautiful day out with the husband. Go to a restaurant off the beach road, but before we even turn..rearended. In the nicer of our two cars. Bleh.

• AlistaireAlistaire Las Vegas, Nevada
    Having to take my parent's nearly twenty year old dog, Sam, to be put down today.

And being the one who had to carry her into the vet's office, and watch as they did it. Being the only male in the house sucks.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    :(
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Not really a RAGE at all, but complimenting an old high school friend on his choice of boyfriend and then saying to yourself "... wow, I really hope he's gay or this is going to be awkward"
    AryanneSetneEsper
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage

I rage at feeling incredibly insecure about a certain thing, not knowing exactly what to make of it, but as soon as someone else criticize it, I feel a need to strongly support and defend it. I'm confusing myself and it makes me sad.

• MarienaMariena By a lake.
    I will name this rant: Unhumane Society.
    Mom and I were headed to town to pick up a few things today, and on 130 (old 33), there was a little orange kitten with white paws not a foot from the road. He was running along as if he were scared out of his mind and he didn't have a collar on. He couldn't have been more than 6 weeks old at most and his eyes were all boogered over and he was covered in burrs. So we pick him up, figuring that we're close to the humane society (relatively) and we can drop him off there so he won't get hit by a car and that he can have some proper care.

WELL. We get to the Humane Society and knock on the door because we are a few minutes early for them to open. This man comes to the door and mom explains the situation to him. Mom didn't get half way through the explanation before the guy is holding up his hand and shaking his head. "Just take it back where you found it," he says to our disbelief. "We don't have room and we can't take it. I don't want to hassle with it and, to be honest, it's not worth it. Just put him back to where you found him." Mom asks, "to get hit?!" He shrugs.

Well, mom storms off, stating that this is DEFINITELY a facebook-post worthy moment. I agreed (obviously, I'm writing the post). The guy comes running out to the parking lot. "Ma'am! Ma'am! You're angry at me because you found a sick cat on the side of the road," he tells mom. "You go in there and try to find him a spot. You want to get us entirely shut down for one animal." Mom says, "no, I'm angry at you because you're supposed to be the place to shelter these animals or at least give us an idea what to do for it and you just told me to go put it on the side of the road, where it was damn close to being hit. And we pay for this?" So he looks angry and says, "Well I guess I can give you a few numbers of people who MIGHT help." I went for a pen and mom goes, "No. We're leaving."

So, we finish our errands in town, stop by Jacks to get some advice because apparently a pet store is more compassionate than the Humane Society, and come home, kitten in tow. Trevor has him named Kirby. I think it should be named Lucky.

The kicker to all this is that the whole upset could have been avoided had the guy approached not having room with a different attitude. "Yeah, that kitten looks sick alright, he's lucky you found him. We've hit capacity for cats and can't house him because he might have a contagious respiratory illness, but here is a few numbers of people who can help or might help." <Hello proper customer service. How're you doing today?

AryannePiperAlistaireTeaniMinarael
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    So, the LOVE part of this is that my dentist is awesome and called in a prescription that he shouldn't have because rules dictate that he needs to see me before he can. He called in an antibiotic for my back tooth which got cracked and I can't get in to see him until July 25th due to 2 girls being out on maternity leave and 1 girl being out on vacation. I'm closing every single day until one of them gets back.. and It's been throbbing like a sea-unicorn and I've been super nervous.

The rage is that the antibiotics are making me feel loopy, antsy, and gross.. Like, super gross and crampy and awful and I don't want to work like this.

/me tantrum
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Ugh...such a bad way to start my morning today. Look at my bank account, realize my paycheck is in. Because of my reduced hours, I'm losing $300 a month. I thought I'd have more hours by doing some copy work for our website, but was told there is no budget for it so I can just do it on my downtime at work when it is slow.

Husband and I really want to start having kids..but with student loans, car loans, and various other bills..then this drop in pay..even with my mom moving in and paying rent is pitiful. I'm so sad that I'm approaching 30 and am in a rut. I'm going to have to either find a part-time second job until business picks up or find a new one entirely with similar pay. Nothing has gone right since November..not one unicorning thing. Just need something to go right for more than a week.

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Solaria said:
    Husband and I really want to start having kids..but with student loans, car loans, and various other bills..then this drop in pay.
    I'm right here with you on this one.  I'm beginning to think Ans and I will never have kids.  Add on to everything that it'll take me six months to get off my dangerous meds before I can even think of going off bc, which means I have some of my bipolar to start fighting again and all of my arthritis and then my fear that I'm going to pass my bipolar on to my kids.  I sympathize completely, I really hope it works out for you, Sol.
    Solaria
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited June 2013
    Wisdom teeth. They came in at a normal angle so my dentist always said "Let's leave them" when I was on health insurance, but they've become impacted in the last few years, which means every 1-2 months one of them breaks through the gums in the back and I have a week-long killer headache and constant, throbbing pain (and agony if I eat salt) until my flesh heals back over them.

There is no way I can afford getting them out right now. No insurance, no spare cash.

In the same vein of the can't afford stuff, I had to switch my rehab group meetings to once a week, since they are too expensive to afford the twice weekly ones. This is the state-funded rehab program and with me on the "oh hey, you have foodstamps, you're poor" discount - they can charge what they do because the other clinics that actually provide free spots are filled up within 2 minutes of a spot opening (literally, I called at 8am each Wednesday for 2 months, when they opened up the free slots, and they were full by the time I got through the switchbaord). I'm looking at augmenting it with a non-religious sobriety group, but the only one I've found is on the complete other side of the city.

Going to once-weekly means I'm with the mandated "less serious" attendees, like the soccer moms who got a DUI coming home from a BBQ or the repeat offenders who do all they can to waste time. I am really sad about this and am feeling my first twinges of regret for signing up for the program, which I know is a really bad sign, but I don't know how to fix it, except to be optimistic and hope this week was just a bad week. 
    PiperHavenPeriluna

I had that happen to me too, Moirean. I ended up having to beg my family and friends to raise the money to get them out. Nearly $2,000 later after a year of saving up... it sucks that you can't be eligible for free care or decent sliding scale unless you're a child or pregnant, too.

Teeth pain is the worst, I feel you. :(

I am actually fine just dealing with the pain. I mean it sucks, but my family have all had really bad, crazy wisdom teeth stuff - my dad's wrapped around his jaw like FISHHOOKS and they had to cut his mouth sides like the freaking Joker to be able to get fully at the teeth. Not getting that handed down to me? I'm happy with some pain every now and then. >_<
  • I rage that it takes 14 days to get my security deposit back. I have all this money coming to me but its not coming until a week AFTER I move. My work said they'd cut a special check for me but they'll charge me $50.00 for it. Ugh

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Grandpa's health has taken a turn for the worse. I apologize for not being around as much and for delaying people's RP and other things that required me being around. I hope you understand.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    PiperLinAarbrok
    Take all the time you need, Kiyo. Some stuff is so more important than a game that you can't even compare the two.
    LinArbreMoireanAarbrokAngweLianca
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Discovering you've been using a word wrong.  Like completely wrong.  Like THE EXACT OPPOSITE MEANING of what you want.  >.<
    MinaraelCiarelle
  • I remember a lot of words, with the vague idea as to what they mean in the back of my head.

Often, I use a word, and quickly google it to see if I need to backtrack icly >.>
    Aryanne
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    @Moirean when I was dealing with wisdom teeth pain, I'd gargle mouthwash. Hurts like a unicorns for the first little bit while the mouthwash is in there but it numbs the pain afterwards for about an hour. Gives some blessed relief from the constant aching. 
    MoireanAngwe
    I'll try that. I have some spot-treatment numbing stuff, but it makes half my mouth completely numb and then I drool and my boyfriend laughs at me. >_>
  • Corlin said:
    I remember a lot of words, with the vague idea as to what they mean in the back of my head.

Often, I use a word, and quickly google it to see if I need to backtrack icly >.>
    I regularly pause mid-sentence and Google words. Just to verify. I have like a 98% dead-on accuracy rate, but still freak out about it. 
    imageimage
    CorlinAryannePiperLinAngwePeriluna
  • My first off day in weeks, and of course it has to rain!!!
    Piper
  • @Moirean - Do not laugh, but try baby teething gel (Calgel). It numbs the area and it won't make you drool.
  • Losing one of my kids for completely dumb reasons. (Childcare, not one of my own kids.)

Mother insisted we lost a pair of his pants. And a jacket (cause you know, we have jackets in the summer.) 

And this was a parent I bent over backwards for. He was 17 months and still on baby food cause of a swallowing issue. I fed him separately, I let her talk to me for 30 minutes at drop off and pickup to be nice, even though I have other kids to watch. I just am frustrated I did everything and she still pulled her kid because of something like a pair of jeans.
  • The wheel on my mouse broke.

I never really thought about how attached to scrolling I was :/
    Xavin
  • My social worker said she would do two things: file my paperwork for my voucher deferment and send my independency letter to the school. I found out last week that she didn't do either of these things. I've done everything to get in contact with her: I've emailed her multiple times, I've called her and left several voicemails, I've gone to her office and she wasn't there. I have two weeks before the purge date. She finally sent me an email this morning saying the last two weeks have been super busy and her cell phone is 'broken'.  Now she says that I'm not a priority and getting an appointment will be difficult. Actually, I'm entitled to a social work with the over 18 agreement with the state until I'm 25 and I'm only 23. 

I understand that she's busy, I understand that things in that profession get hectic but I deserve to be communicated with. As it is I can't take my voucher with me and I'm 2 weeks away from having my classes get purged and automatically being ruled a dependent student! Since I can't get any paperwork from my parents I won't be able to complete the financial aid process. So I stopped by her office and she wasn't there. I called her supervisor who said she hasn't heard from her today, I talked to one of the residents at the SRO who said she's not around. I emailed the director of the program who just redirected me back to her even after I explained the situation. 

I'm also getting nickel and dimmed by my landlord. All together, today has been pretty rough. 

• This definitely doesn't need to be happening here.

Knock it off.

i am rapture coder
  • Coming home to a note telling me that my grandmother was taken to the ER.

That was about 3 hours ago. Ngh.
  • My old, old, old dog, who I've had forever, has been confined to a small enclosure with padded stuff down since she stopped going outside to use the bathroom again. Now she barks non-stop from her enclosure, especially when I'm trying to sleep. So tired...

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• edited June 2013
    My roommate borrowing my car and blowing up the tire. I can't change it because the person before me bought fancy tires with big rims that I can't get off with a normal tire iron (it won't fit in the bolt wells) and even if I get that off, there's a plate behind it that requires air tools to pop off to put a standard spare on. So it needs towed. Which I can't afford. Nor can I afford a new tire.

I am also trying to work and -suddenly- everyone I know decides to randomly stop by. No company for weeks and suddenly 5 people in my living room. ;_; 

Gowei. Don't you know I'm antisocial?

Edit: ..and drove it home on the rim. Ohmigash. -twitches-
    imageimage