MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• @Meyvitch well you need to play it! Its the best one, period. Different storyline, too. Its my absolute favorite of all the games, really.
  • I fucking hate all you people with spider sigs. Die in a fire. ALL OF YOU.
    ArbreLin
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Timezones.
    FenrirRivasAryanneLianca
  • Having to get up for work in the morning like a stupid grownup.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

AryanneAngweMeskhenetDaskalosKaleighDevinMinaraelPiper
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    I hate that my husband is out of town on work again for three weeks. Man..I'm going to be so bloody bored. I had too much time on my hands before..now, just bananas.

• @Solaria - you get a million bonus points for your signature. 
    FenrirSolariaAryanne
  • KaleighKaleigh The Inn
    Grandmother's been in the hospital for almost a week now. Last time I actually -saw- her there, they had her tied to the bed because she tried to escape. Went to see her yesterday and she couldn't remember who I was. Was ok with it for a bit, then sister texts me and says she got kicked out of the house, again. Go home to find she's still there, and talking with my dad about stuff. 
    Needless to say, it's been one hell of a weekend. 
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I've been out in the city, looking around for new work and feeling pretty good about the job market. I'm on the bus home, feeling confident and pretty damn good about myself.

Then I come home and literally can't find the motivation to get out of my chair. Depression is ridiculous.
    AarbrokTeaniBenedicto
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    edited June 2013
    I dyed my hair yesterday. Looks great. The allergic reaction that I had left a giant rash all over my scalp and made my ears swell up.. does not look so great. :(

I look like Dumbo.
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    I took a bicycle ride, using my brother's bike. He is a foot and some inches taller than me, so problem 1 was that I couldn't reach the pedals. Problem 2? Unicorns, I am out of shape. Going to have to be bike riding every day to remedy the situation.

And get dad to pump up my bike's tires so I can actually reach the pedals AND the handles.

• edited June 2013
    So, this has been one chaotic work week, folks. I don't think the dramatics I've dealt with IG have anything over what's been happening at work.

Turns out a group of medical assistants decided that they were going to form themselves a group around a ringleader. Said ringleader does not like me for reasons I do not know. I actually thought that we got along pretty well a good chunk of the time. Sure, we butted heads sometimes but it was never anything huge or longlasting. Anyways, she made the call that I was an open target for these ladies.

I got called into the office after I tried to warn one of the girls that she might get questioned by the doctor (JP) because the new patient's referral was made out to a different doctor (PS) that she rescheduled from. Suddenly, they got all confused and conveyed my message all wrong to the doctor (JP) and he refused to see her because he was convinced by them that she was a walk in after she'd broken an appointment. I go to him and clear the damage and explain the situation and he gets upset at the medical assistants. They start to feel like I threw them under the bus and go to HR to make a complaint about me.

Funnily enough, they were the ones to get in trouble because their evidence against me was in the form of MANY pictures on their cell phones that they'd collected over the weeks that they kept on texting back and forth to each other. Not even ones like 'oh, they caught me doing something that I wasn't supposed to do' but ones that made them all laugh. Dear god, was HR fuming at them. Talk about a lack of privacy AND a HIPPA violation..

So I got off scot free with a warning that I just need to communicate more clearly with them, got called into the doctor's office (JP) and pretty much joked around with much to their anger, and now that one medical assistant is sulking around the office in a horrific mood.

Ladies, this is work. Not high school. I mostly post this in the RAGE thread because I'm still kind of unnerved that I had people standing behind me and taking pictures of me. People that I liked :/

Also, this is on top of all the moving nonsense that I'm having with the apartment. I still don't have my bed in here! I hate cots!
  • Sorry Orisae.

Jerks like that just can't seem to understand the highschool crap is supposed to end when you're around seventeen.
    ArbreAryannePiper
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Day 3 of the worst headache in my life. I finally gave in and left a message for my doctor, so hopefully we'll be able to do something to make it stop.
  • OOC stresses straining me so much that I can't even play Aet to relax and have fun, cause now I'm so exasperated when I log on that any freakin' conflict at all just makes me want to close my laptop and grab a beer. Or five.

LinXavinPiperBenedicto
    One time I RP'd being bored and it was kinda cathartic.
    LinSetneXavin
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Rivas: That's when you log on Trask. He doesn't do drama. ;) And exchange the beer for rum to get the right mindset.

• I think I'd need to hit myself in the head with a brick a few times to properly get into Trask's mindset.

XavinDevin
  • Friday, we're allowed to wear superman t-shirts at work instead of our uniform shirts.

I don't own a superman t-shirt.

:(
  • edited June 2013

Get a tshirt and draw a sperm on it, with the words:

"Superman the Origin Story" 

Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
    MoireanAryanneOrisae
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    I'd like to think I'm an open-minded guy, but sperm in a burger place is a little much for me. :|
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    ArbreRivasMastemaAngweOrisaeMoirean
    Completely forgetting about the rest of the conversation and just reading @Oleis's comment just completely made my day.
    RivasSetneAarbrokPiper
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Lin said:
    I've been out in the city, looking around for new work and feeling pretty good about the job market. I'm on the bus home, feeling confident and pretty damn good about myself.

Then I come home and literally can't find the motivation to get out of my chair. Depression is ridiculous.
    I've been there and I feel your pain.
  • Rainy season - so damn annoying.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    We lost a couple of players to this "ParallelRPI" so I wanted to see what the fuss was all about. A MUD where everyone is in-character all the time and you get rewards for RPing? Sounds interesting.

This game was not remotely ready to be released. During character creation you are pointed to numerous help files you can read but half of them aren't written yet. I wanted to join this faction of militant punks, but to learn about them I had to read it on the wiki - there was no in-game documentation that I could find.

I get my character fleshed out but I realized he was a little too old for my tastes. After tweaking his age, the MUD made me go through the next steps of character creation as if starting from scratch. I thought I could just skip it, but then at the summary screen, I was presented with a blank character, so I had to re-do the entire process. My character app took about two RL days to get approved because I had a strange bug that made the game think I had another account registered from my IP (one that hasn't been fixed, but the dev is aware of it and approved my character).

So I finally have my guy all sorted out and now I'm ready to kit him out. After chargen, you get to go through several rooms where you set up your own starting gear. It's actually pretty neat. First I get to shop for some clothes. The syntax for customizing your stuff is ridiculously complex and it takes me a while to figure out, but eventually, I have a neat and interesting outfit made for myself.

He's a scavenging sniper, so naturally I want a rifle. Well, after the little bit of the tutorial that taught me how to set up brief room descriptions (so you don't get spammed with 10+ lines every time you move), I didn't realize that the room descs in the preparation rooms would actually be telling me how I'm supposed to equip my character. So I allocated a really cool sniper rifle, only to discover that in the next "room", I couldn't use any of the ammo available to me because it was the wrong caliber. I was given a ton of options for my gun, but found out later that the room in which I purchase the gun told me I could only have a .30 caliber rifle. This required me to restart from scratch, and I had to set up my clothing and armor all over again before I could fix my gun.

At last, I'm finished. So! From first login to finally being able to play my character, it's been about three days. I notice, right off the bat, that I'm put into the wrong faction. I chose the militant punks I was referring to from earlier (Red Fists or what the hell ever) but was instead deposited into something called the New Guard, who are actually their rivals and entirely inappropriate for my character. Whatever, I'll roll with it. I walk into a bar and have pretty decent RP with a bald guy.

He's pretty cool but leaves after only a little RP. After we're done I begin to get hungry. I figure maybe I can try to go out and hunt for food, but first I'm gonna need to load my rifle. To load my rifle, I need to hold it in one hand and my gun magazine in the other, then type LOAD. That's pretty simple, except that my rifle is a two-handed weapon. I try for about five minutes to figure out syntax to wield it in one hand but nothing works. Eventually I just drop the stupid thing, wield my magazine, then pick it back up. Amusingly, this works.

By the time I've loaded my rifle, I don't even care anymore. No more ParallelRPI for me. Sorry!

I was going to post this on their forums but there have already been a ton of complaint threads, and the people just get slammed in them.
    AtrapoemaRhoRivas
  • edited June 2013

Welcome home, where stuff works!

I spent 10 mins looking at it and its not for me either.

Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • I did my character app thingy 2 days ago and still haven't gotten an email. 

Mreh. I was going to try.

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Aetolia has spoiled me from other MUDs, be they other IRE games or not, forever.

For all its problems, I'll take this mud over the others anyday of the week. Organization, display-wise, and seamless introduction, we got it good.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    ArbreStathanNolaEsperLianca
  • Just go play Armageddon MUD if you're after RPI (don't stop playing Aetolia though, kids).
    AryannePiper
  • edited June 2013
    Sounds a lot like AwakenedWorlds, a Shadowrun MUD a few of us played Back In The Day which wasn't an RPI but had similarly unrobust mechanics. I really dislike the room-desc tutorial thing.

I really loved their decking system though. :(

EDIT: Armageddon is ugly as sin and when I tried to use 'me' as speech it added my character's description to the emote.
    Aryanne
  • You probably used it in the emote part, not the say part. Like all MUDs, there's silly little code wonks that you need to deal with.