Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    A way to comment on customization artifact things, so at least there's a dialogue when arties are being rejected primarily for stylistic things, or things that would be fine in mortal crafters. 
  • I was thinking for the skill in warhounds, Fetching that gets corpses as you kill them have it so it also gets gold that drops.
    Show Him Who's Boss!
    MastemaAarbrok
  • Areka said:
    A way to comment on customization artifact things, so at least there's a dialogue when arties are being rejected primarily for stylistic things, or things that would be fine in mortal crafters. 
    I'm going to echo this, plus add in two things:

1- Have a message sent in addition to the message that shows when you're logged in. In the past I've had something rejected while I was bashing, but completely missed it and couldn't even see why it was that it was rejected.

2- Figure out some way to make customization of a voidstaff a bit more time-resistant. The last time I submitted one for customization, the voidstaff actually decayed before it was even looked at in the queue, which scraps the attempted customization with it.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Can we get a Team Bloodbath option for the arena?

Useful for practicing group-fights with allies or whatever in preparation for the real thing.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    RivasMoirean
  • PATH FIND/GO, while great for helping me get somewhere, isn't doing much to help me actually learn how to get there on my own.

To that end, maybe instead of autowalking, it might be more helpful to have the directions repeat as I move myself along the path. Something like:

The next direction to reach your destination is 'ne'.

Or give it basically the same functionality as now, without requiring one to spam PATH FIND every time if you're following it, so I can still use my map as I follow that path. It's hard to tell where the path is taking me, without it.
    Lin
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    @Achamia Maybe look into using Monuments instead of the path system? HELP MONUMENTS.
    imageimage
    Alastair
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Allow Artifact pets to be stabled, or allow you to withdraw other steeds while your Artifact pet is out.

As of right now I cannot remove a steed from a stable to move it because of my artifact pet, and I cannot stable my pet because it does not let me.... SADFACE!

****************************[ Your Stabled Mounts ]****************************
    Mount    Type                                     Stable                    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    #50898   a sullen war ram                         spinesreachstable
    *******************************************************************************

You already have a mount outside the stables.

My poor ram must feel neglected....
  • I have no problem sending my arti mount or my pet mount to the stables... Return Mount <stable> works just fine.
    imageimage
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I've run into a quirk or two with that, and I was able to get what I wanted with using their numbers rather than just MOUNT in the commands.
  • Hm. Just the opposite for me. If I tried using their numbers alone or appended to MOUNT it would spazz on me and insist that it didn't know what I was talking about. 
    imageimage
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Automatic eye/firefly flashes as an addon for havens. When you enter a room, it pops one for you. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    ErzsebetArbreAlexinaEsperSeirCalipsoPeriluna
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Achamia: Looking at this might help a little to get an overall view of the world and which direction to go. It has most rooms tagged.

Achamia
  • Add in a syntax for discount tokens. BUY <whatever> WITH DISCOUNT. It seems silly to not have that in already, given how easy it is to buy something without realizing you have one.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

ArbreMoireanHaydynTzaSeir
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    I just put all my tokens in a pack.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Articall brings them right back out, unfortunately.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Can we add an extra column to MAGICLIST that tells you if the item is being worn or not?
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    DaskalosEsperMoireanEzalorSaybre
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Let us add minor, short-term messages tacked on to look/glance for a room (perhaps restrict this to only something the room's owner can do and/or add a CD to how often we can do it, if you are wary of abuse). This would be an awesome way to let the room reflect what's happening in a RP scene, without having to change the room's description. Have these messages clear automatically after like, I dunno, 20-30 minutes and/or let us clear them ourselves.

For example, if I was RPing in a bar and there was a brawl, I could do...

A tavern.
    It's very taverny here. There is tavern stuff. Broken bottles, overturned tankards and a splintered bench litter the room.

With the green text being a temporary change to the room.

TzaAlastairPiperPerilunaEmelle
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Daskalos has an auction arti for that.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    That's a pretty cool idea, and we already have a graffiti system in place (it's used a lot in mortal building) that could basically be turned toward that end.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    @Arbre - It's actually not me that has it. But I know who does (and so do you). I just take the blame for it because it's funny. I didn't bid on it because this person wanted it.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Reverse-Godsbane for sanctifying shrines.

Please.
    DaskalosAlexina
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Tying into my rage thing--could we get items showing up in emotes on their own colour config? I like that we have the ability to interact with things in our emotes, but the lack of a colour config that doesn't change the colour that things show up in rooms makes my ocd super twitchy. >.>
    imageimage
    TzaMoirean
  • Pockets for clothes:

Basically, let the designer decide upon creating a clothes design if the design should have any (hidden?) pockets and where. Let him/her set a message that is displayed when the wearer takes something out or puts something in.

I realize this is probably not a 'small' idea, but with the new attire system I'd just find it great if I didn't have to run around with a pack anymore for realz. :)
    Mastema
  • Currently this is how a weaponlist looks.

ID              Damage    Pen       Speed     Arcana    Decay     Artifact 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    #233574         132       107         131           0          79             No

I'd like to see the Artifact part replaced with "Augments", numbering how many magical augments are on it...and hell while I'm asking for stuff, wouldn't it be great if the numbers that were increased were colored? Maybe going too far, but the artifact part is just an old nothing from back in the day, might as well use it for something...get on it

Haven
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Please, please, PLEASE either add more slots to neck or allow us to shift pendants, amulets, necklaces and medallions to the onbelt slot!
    Ciarelle
  • Admin marking ideas in the small ideas thread as "approved" "perhaps" and "not likely". Would really be great if we knew that some of these very nice ideas were even being considered.
  • Unfortunately, the administration receives a plethora of ideas, not only from the in-game ideas command or this (and similar) threads, but other media as well. As a result, there's no way we could flag every suggestion with a response, or provide feedback on the matter. That isn't to discourage submission, however; many ideas end up implemented in some fashion or another.

Calipso
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    CONSUMABLESLIST - or CLIST for short:

An ability that will list all your consumable items that would provide a buff of some sort or restore health/mana/willpower/endurance when used (eggnog, chocolates, chalices, grimstim pills, bull's eyes, phoenix hearts, Elindes petals, ylemcore, and four-leaf clovers).
    MoireanDaskalosKerrynHavenPiperPeriluna