Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    Haven said:
    Can we expand Delos to include NPC shops that sell player essentials at a much higher price?

Panties, thongs, and dresses in variety can be nice but sometimes I'm just looking for a tinderbox or an enchantment to be stocked too, ya know?
    You have gold to spend?

Haven
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Kerryn said:
    Haven said:
    Can we expand Delos to include NPC shops that sell player essentials at a much higher price?

Panties, thongs, and dresses in variety can be nice but sometimes I'm just looking for a tinderbox or an enchantment to be stocked too, ya know?
    You have gold to spend?
    As a matter of fact I do!

The ball finally settles down on 12 (red).
    Akhmeed, the Wheel Master exclaims to you, "We have a winner! You've won 24000 gold!" He returns the stakes for your winning bets, and hands you your winnings.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I would honestly pay 5x as much to buy enchants from an NPC if they were sold as simple silver rings. Every single enchanter thinks they have to be cute and make custom rings for each enchant type and spam up my examine. I sat around for days without resist rings while I waited for someone who would do a custom order. >_<
    HavenRivasArbreAlastairTzaEsper
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Eleanor sells enchanted thin black bands in Delos. Very sleek, very subdued. My preference for rings. 

Alastair
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Seasone near North of Trees and that swamp hag need to move to Delos and open up a potions shop charging ridiculous prices for concoctions like the old days! Bring in some of those trolls from Hashan for tinderboxes and pipes and stuff! Get some Ayhesa mage for enchantments!

I'd be happy for when player's run out of stock or are unavailable or whatever that my needs can still be met even if it means I pay a lot extra. Plus gold sink! That's always good, no?
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • Enchantments are usually for sale in the ascendril shop there, unless you're looking for something weird.

• edited April 2013
    Actually, we also do the weird stuff. Yay scented baubles!

(Edit - And we also still have the tinderboxes, a lot of fairly basic lustrous obsidian rings amidst the more decorative ones and tons of herbs and stuff. I like managing that shop more than I care to admit >.>)
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    edited April 2013
    BAUBLES ARE NOT WEIRD.  THEY ARE VERY USEFUL.

stupid leper woman
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    All of these require players to stock, is what Haven is getting out. Sometimes stuff runs out of stock or you're in a fight/war/hawt mudsex and don't have time to run around finding where has what. Having the generic stuff at high high prices isn't going to cut into player profits, but it would be a nice backup option just in case.
    Haven
    I'm not sure what kind of mudsex requires resistance rings, but I'm willing to find out.
    RivasAldricCiarelleMoireanHavenAngweTzaSeir
  • I'm on my way, and I'm bringing the fire resists.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• You too should come forth and get my baubles, then ;)

In all seriousness, I'm under the impression that the cities (not Duiran) actually have basic supplies of curatives etc. that could be considered critical at much higher than usual prices. Beyond that, though, I feel like it comes down to consequences of player actions and really sorting things out yourself. Be organised and pay attention to the state of your supplies or, if you've run out of enchantments or certain curatives during a war (… or epic mudsex?), then perhaps you do have to remember which shops are most reliable to get to in a hurry and go to them, or risk the massive searching through shops.
    Haven
  • Another note regarding resistance rings: I'm also not a huge fan of the OTT pretty decorative ones and use a set of plain obsidian ones myself for Ciarelle. I remember someone on the old forums suggested that Trans enchanters should be able to put all four resistances on one ring. I loved that idea then and I still do now.
    MoireanArbreArekaHavenIllikaalHaydynErzsebetAngwe
  • edited April 2013
    My personal problem with resistance rings is the vast difference in decay times. Instead of asking to get those same rings re-enchanted, I (and I'm sure most others) just buy new ones. This leaves you with a crazy number of rings after enchantments fade from them that otherwise have no use.

EDIT: There's also the whole RP concept of wearing a ring for each resistance. 

Well uh, this one's for fire, this one's magic, this one's my engagement ring, this one protects from cold damage, this one floods, this one parts..
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    HaydynErzsebetCiarelleTza
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    there's an auction arti that's all resists on one ring, so I don't see that becoming a player-made thing.

And yeah, I made the black bands because I was sick of looking like I'd fallen backward through a jewelry case. I use 'a red glass ring' for my personal ones.

re: 9001 leftover rings, I tend to have a chest in my shops- people dump their empty rings in my shop when they buy new ones, and I either re-use them (if they're one of mine) or leave 'em in there for newbies to play with/other enchanters to use if they want.

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I use the same design for my rings too (a thin silver nesting ring), so I can pretend they neatly stack on one finger. 

Makes me again wish we had cask equivalents for enchantments like this though. 
    ArbreAldricErzsebetCiarelle
  • edited April 2013
    im just gonna toss this out there, but are our player suggestions even being considered? I've seen several very nice ideas on the threads in recent times and it seems none of them have received acclaim.
  • The admin may or may not look at these suggestions. Most likely they do but the policy on this thread on the old forums was 'do not expect admin feedback or action'.

• what if you could gain the benefit from just having the rings in your inventory? Seems simplest to me.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• Xavin said:
    The admin may or may not look at these suggestions. Most likely they do but the policy on this thread on the old forums was 'do not expect admin feedback or action'.
    Right I understand that, but I mean that some of the ideas suggested are very easy little changes that wouldnt take much to install. Somewhat feels like they are just generally being ignored.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    How do you know what is easy or not? Have you seen the code?

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Teani
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Mine are all slender serpentine whatsits that RPwise stack on one finger too. Otherwise, it's like, oh, I've 7 or so of those, a couple year 300/whateverpermpromotion rings, a couple RP rings--marriage, engagement, signet, and any artifact ones on top of it--vigor/parting/whatever. And....ten fingers?

Clearly they're meant to go on the dozen hands we have holding all of our vials and feeding us cures during combat while we wield two-handed weapons.
    imageimage
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    I just pretend anything worn for mechanical benefits isn't actually there or is invisible or something. Otherwise I'm wearing like...20 rings, a few amulets, a bunch of earrings, a crown over my hat, an eyeglass on one eye and an eyepatch on the other.

I'd be like...a super blinged out man who's confused as to whether he wants to be a scholar or a pirate. Yarrr.
    LinEmelleAngweEsper
  • I thought there was a limit of 10 worn rings? That would mean that you could have 4 resistances, an icewall, a firewall, a firelash, an aquatic (you can have your parting and flood rings merged) and have room for two more. But I really wish they would make that special auction ring a regularly purchasable artifact, just to eliminated the 4 resistance rings, at the least.

Xavin said:
    I thought there was a limit of 10 worn rings? That would mean that you could have 4 resistances, an icewall, a firewall, a firelash, an aquatic (you can have your parting and flood rings merged) and have room for two more. But I really wish they would make that special auction ring a regularly purchasable artifact, just to eliminated the 4 resistance rings, at the least.
    If you put on all your regular rings before your arti rings you can bypass that limit. Arti rings will be able to be worn regardless of how many you have on but do count towards the limit too, so put on all your normal stuff and then your artis.
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    I tend to desc my mechanical stuff--artifacts and all, around my/as rp stuff. It's at least a small part of why the descriptions on everything Erz owns are so long, because they're designed in such a way, so as to be logically wearable with other stuff. My headdress is designed to fit around and frame my artifacted diadem, as an example.

The decay thing is annoying though. Maybe make a new crafting item type 'resistring' that has a shorter lifespan than your normal ones, and have the enchant last as long as the ring does?
    imageimage
    Erzsebet said:
    I tend to desc my mechanical stuff--artifacts and all, around my/as rp stuff. It's at least a small part of why the descriptions on everything Erz owns are so long, because they're designed in such a way, so as to be logically wearable with other stuff. My headdress is designed to fit around and frame my artifacted diadem, as an example.

The decay thing is annoying though. Maybe make a new crafting item type 'resistring' that has a shorter lifespan than your normal ones, and have the enchant last as long as the ring does?
    Right, some artifacts are easy workarounds but I don't really see how you can cohesively work with a clarion eyeglass and a luminous eyepatch, for example. Or @Daskalos's wearable barrel.
    Daskalos shouldn't be working around his barrel.  He should be flaunting it.
    Tza
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Daskalos has hide_artifacts so he doesn't look ridiculous wearing a barrel.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Disapprove.
    DaskalosEzalorErzsebetTza