Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Unfortunately, there's still the custom emote command if someone wants to be a snuggly moron--but in my experience, for the most part the cuts in pre-made emotes were all good ones. At least now if someone's going to snuggle me, it usually has context instead of people walking up to where I'm standing in public and just snuggling me out of the blue before walking off. >.>

Wouldn't say no to some less idiotic ones being put in, but in general one can do whatever they want with more versatility with the emote command. So it's hardly priority.

I miss being able to see how many people are in the house at a glance without combing through the disorganized list of house members and going 'vamp, vamp, vamp, undead, vamp, vamp, vamp, vamp, vamp, undead, und--no wait, they're a vamp now' and/or house statusing all of said people to make sure. (Does anyone else read that like some crazy Bloodlochian version of Duck Duck Goose? >.> )

On a related note, can we maybe have an organized list for the house members similar (or the same, even) to the one guilds have? And/or an assignable Sec position.

House Ve'kahi has the following ACTIVE members:
    [ 1 ]  - Aubrianne (NOV)
    [ 1 ]  - Gerath (NOV)
    [ 1 ]  - Amika
    [ 3 ]  - Alcmene
    [ 4 ]  - Menelaus
    [ 6 ]  - Alastair (SEC)
    etc etc etc

imageimage
  • Daskalos said:
    Some of those were removed because they were viewed too snuggly. At least, fondle and spank were.

Illidan said:
    Aetolia is moving away from Achaeanism for a reason. 
    Wait...what..? How does that have anything to do with simple  emotes..
  • Erzsebet said:
    (Does anyone else read that like some crazy Bloodlochian version of Duck Duck Goose? >.> )

...I see what you did there.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    Erzsebet
    edited April 2013
    The type of people who usually used lick/spank/grope/fondle were the sort of snuggly idiots who used to drive-by molest people more often than not. The kind of stupid that just randomly licks your cheek while you're standing at west gate, or fondles your junk when they don't even know your name.

If you want to be that kind of stupid now, you at least have to type it all out, which gives you a second chance to realize what you're doing before you do it. >.>
    imageimage
    AngweEmelleIllikaalArbreHaydynKiyotanCiarelleTeani
  • edited April 2013
    <P>Please do not add that garbage back into the game. It made me cringe seeing people licking and snuggling each other, and worst still when they did it to me then cried because I told them to pee off or I would hit them!</P>
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
    ErzsebetArbre
  • Erzsebet said:
    The type of people who usually used lick/spank/grope/fondle were the sort of snuggly idiots who used to drive-by molest people more often than not. The kind of stupid that just randomly licks your cheek while you're standing at west gate, or fondles your junk when they don't even know your name.

If you want to be that kind of stupid now, you at least have to type it all out, which gives you a second chance to realize what you're doing before you do it. >.>
    wait wait, @Ezrax still exists! Nothing has changed here. Poor poor emote-hate.

<3
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited April 2013
    Calipso said:
    Daskalos said:
    Some of those were removed because they were viewed too snuggly. At least, fondle and spank were.

Illidan said:
    Because those same stupid emotes came from Achaea, and they were deleted from Aetolia for the reason of them being completely stupid. Stupid emotes need to stay in stupid Achaea with stupid Achaeans.  
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    ErzsebetMastemaToz
    Calipso said:
    wait wait, @Ezrax still exists! Nothing has changed here. Poor poor emote-hate.

<3
    ...wat
    imageimage
  • Illidan said:
    Calipso said:
    Daskalos said:

Illidan said:
    Because those same stupid emotes came from Achaea, and they were deleted from Aetolia for the reason of them being completely stupid. Stupid emotes need to stay in stupid Achaea with stupid Achaeans.  
    Can just smell the passive resentment there, Bad experiences no doubt.

Anywho, back to topic shall we?
    ArekaDaskalosRhoIllikaalRivas
    edited April 2013
    MFW I've never played Achaea a day before in my life, and will not ever for that exact reason. 

Anyhow, I was thinking of this idea, but it may definitely need some tweaking because I just have a general basis for it. 

It would be GREAT if players has a PING command for NPCs/mobiles. I know some players like to RP at NPCs as a part of an awesome story, but Gods of course aren't always available to do possessions and help the story along. A player could (for example) PING LLAZUTH. This would send a small alert to the pools (whomsoever decides to have it active) to let them know "Hey, Lin just Pinged Llazuth and would like you to possess them for this ARC if you have the time." An alert would then be issued back to Lin say "Llazuth is ready to respond to your actions." It would definitely open up opportunities for the RP role heavy gods and players to have more interaction with one another. 

I would hope that there would be an unlimited amount of times a player could ping a mobile, but of course, that'd open up a door for abuse. Of course, the player who just decides to spam pings on every mobile in the game would get their ability to do so taken away, etc. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Calipso
  • The easy way to do that is just to target a SAY or TELL to the mobile, gods usually pay attention when you talk directly to mobs (they get notices). There's no guarantee that you get a "ping" back, except if they respond...which is basically just saving you a step, y'know?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

Teani
    You can send tells to mobiles...what sorcery is this. 

WHY ARE WE NOT FUNDING THIS. 
  • And messages!!

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited April 2013
    Thank god for that. If we couldn't send tells to guild NPCs, I'd never have a Carnifex to chat with. :P
  • Iosyne said:
    I recently combed through the help system and made a lot of minor tweaks. If you ever have something that you feel needs adding to a help file, suggesting it here or ingame would be helpful! (preferably here, as the list of ideas is disgustingly huge).

A helpfile for cigars and cigarettes, at least until Fumology comes out.

• Moirean said:
    Thank god for that. If we couldn't send tells to guild NPCs, I'd never have a Carnifex to chat with. :P
    TIL I'm a guild NPC.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Erzsebet
    I already told you, you cannot just wield Roan and stand in as the new tutor. >_<
  • And with that attitude, you never will.

Moirean
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Rivas said:
    Iosyne said:
    I recently combed through the help system and made a lot of minor tweaks. If you ever have something that you feel needs adding to a help file, suggesting it here or ingame would be helpful! (preferably here, as the list of ideas is disgustingly huge).

A helpfile for cigars and cigarettes, at least until Fumology comes out.
    Fumologyyyyyyyyyyyy
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    Arbre
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    didn't you hear, fumology was canceled due to playerbase outcry. Unhealthy habits in the game.

Also there's a sign at the smoke shop in delve with all the syntax, re: help files.

edited April 2013
    Don't give to winner/take away from loser sect points if someone gets the kill with the assistance of mobs. The help file for Sect implies that this should be a duelling situation and jumping people while they are bashing is discouraged - remove any insignia gain from bashganks to discourage this, maybe?
    DaskalosEsper
    edited April 2013
    Iosyne said:
    The HELP SECURITY files don't appear to have new guard options listed, like how to dismiss them, or information about complacency.
    RivasSeir
    • SIT IN <furniture> or LAY IN <furniture>. For the rare but essential times when sitting on a container seems absurd.
    • Can we have it so that resetting items won't reset into our inventories if they're in the room with us? I'm not sure if that's currently the case, but it'd be pretty useful.
  • Multiclass option placed that will set a certain statpack for a class. Per example, let's say someone is in the Sciomancer class and they are wise, but also have the Syssin class. They can then CLASS SET STATPACK SCIOMANCER  to set their current statpack (wise) for Sciomancer class. When they CLASS SWITCH SYSSIN they would then become a Wise Syssin, however if they have a reincarnation they can  reincarnate into Dex and then set the statpack as Dex for their Syssin. Now whenever they class Switch back and forth, it would be with set statpacks for each class, Wise for Sciomancer and Dex for Syssin. This would encourage more options for multiclassing and stats since currently the only avenue of "constantly buying reincarnation crystals or spending 750 credits to freely switch" seems discouraging for a multiclass system.
    DaskalosLuthienIllikaalSaybre
  • Able to give giftbags to others :(. Would be nice if you got something you dont need or want to gift a friend, so you toss some little youngster a giftbag :).
  • Eh, that is not a good option as most classes have the ability to work well with other statpacks depending on the situation. If I am hunting I normally am in Prot or Hurc, if pvp then Wise or Dex depending on the class.

• I doubt they're going to implement anything that undermines their current profits, considering how many people look at the adaptation artifact and think 'that's a pretty good value'.

That said, there are only a few classes that don't give you -some- leeway in statpack choice. For example, if you look at just wise, there's a -ton- of classes that are viable with it: luminary, ascendril/sciomancer, cabalist, monk, zealot, praenomen, bloodborn, shaman and teradrim, though not all of those are -optimal- as wise. The same could be said for almost any statpack.

Basically, you just need to keep in mind that there are multiple options for many classes, though there's usually only one or two choices that put the class at optimal ability.

DaskalosLuthien
  • Xavin said:
    I doubt they're going to implement anything that undermines their current profits, considering how many people look at the adaptation artifact and think 'that's a pretty good value'.

That said, there are only a few classes that don't give you -some- leeway in statpack choice. For example, if you look at just wise, there's a -ton- of classes that are viable with it: luminary, ascendril/sciomancer, cabalist, monk, zealot, praenomen, bloodborn, shaman and teradrim, though not all of those are -optimal- as wise. The same could be said for almost any statpack.

Basically, you just need to keep in mind that there are multiple options for many classes, though there's usually only one or two choices that put the class at optimal ability.
    This seems  to be a generally accepted idea that I do not agree with at all. Yes profits are a good thing, but if players always get  the feel that a game is generally focusing only on Cash, they'll get sick of it (such as when Runescape become heavily cash-player focused). I am not disputing that attempting to get profits is a good thing, but player satifiscation and comfort should be a priority here too. It seems like whenever a suggestion is given to introduce a mechanic to make it easier for players, the excuse of "They want moneyz" is given :/.

Going back to Multiclassing, if viewed in the other IRE, MKO had produced a "stats saver" for each class, so as players dont have to keep resetting their stats. I believe in Lusternia a mechanic to make class switching easier on players was also introduced (though  cant really recall at this time). Why is it such an issue if we also get a mechanic to make it easier to juggle stats with classes? :/
    Daskalos
  • edited April 2013
    Because they have a mechanic for it already in the form of adaptation and our post-endgame statpacks are generally versatile enough that it's not a huge concern?

Edit: That is to say...half the classes in the game are optimal in Dexterous or Herculean, the other half in Wise. Most gain some sort of benefit from the one they're not optimal in and almost every class does alright in Powerful or Experienced

Haven
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    edited April 2013
    Gem of Adaptation exists for a reason. If you're going to be multiclassing into classes that don't mesh well with your current statpack and intend on actually USING said classes without being totally gimped in terms of damage, you're pretty much accepting the reality that you're going to be buying Adaptation at some point. So why do I think this is a good thing? If you can't or don't want to buy Adaptation, multiclassing essentially forces you to consider your class options more, meaning you'll more than likely be picking up classes primarily for RP, utility, or because it synergizes well with your statpack. If you want to be able to pick up whatever you want and be able to min-max all of them like any good munchkin, Adaptation.

That's pretty much the reason why Adaptation and all of the stat-boosting artifacts exist: to be able to fully optimize your character, usually for PK or bashing, while having as few limitations as possible.
    DaskalosCalipsoArbre