Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Moirean said:
    I disagree. I think repetitive names can have combat advantage if you use them cleverly. 
    Yeah, no. It's like Kiyotan said, being that it was just a crappy builder who used repetitive names. There's always track/prism etc. to get exactly where you need to go. Especially in an example of finding a lesser at "Amid the Dunes" or "Minehead" in Moghedu. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Angwe
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    :( you guys are going to flame me when you see the area I built.

In my defense, you try describing 200 rooms of identical swamp without using dat copypasta.
    CalipsoMalokEmelleInfin
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Ezalor said:
    IRE's a business, gotta make dat money. 

Giving people content to consume also contributes to making money, however. A highly expensive way to imitate artifacts gives people content and a reason to be online, which, while not a direct money purchase, definitely leads to more profit. A busy game is a more successful game. That's why we see things like the new ylem amulets and I think statpack switches with haven points would be in a similar vein to that.
    Calipso
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Buying adaptation and polymath were the most expensive purchases I've made in Aetolia, and also the ones I have never regretted.  It's hard to save up that many credits for people who can't afford to dump money into the game, but now I can bash Wise Shaman, bash Powerful Sentinel (when I had the class), and PK dexterous Lycanthrope.  I've changed class and statpack so regularly since I got them that I've gotten more than my money's worth out of them.  Multiclassing was the best thing that's happened to me, as a player who tends to guildhop a lot.  I would have never come to Duiran if I'd've had to drop wolf class to join a guild.  I don't mind at all having to drop 750 credits on an artifact that, in the end, saves me money and is so unicorned convenient.
    I got my money's worth out of adaptation/polymath AGES ago. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • TozToz
    edited March 2013
    Maybe this has been brought up before. But condensing the lines you send during combat would be awesome. Pole spinslash luna right leg left leg xentio curare. It's long, it's ugly, but it's better than sending:
    envenom halberd xentio
    envenom halberd curare
    target left leg with left
    target right leg with right
    pole spinslash luna

I know it would give stupidity less to proc on, but that's...also kind of nice.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Make HAVENS SHOW show the effects placed on the room.

[spoiler] Room  Room Name           Brief Description    Base Room           Area   
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     33213 ARBREHAVEN1        The edge of a jungle ARBREHAVEN1         havens
           - Health regen
           - Mana regen
           - Endurance regen
           - Willpower regen
           - Hidden room
     35706 arbrehaven2        A brightly lit caver ARBREHAVEN1         havens
           - Endurance regen
           - Willpower regen
           - Hidden room
           - Forge
           - Enchantment
           - Preservation
           - Slaugherhouse
     38797 arbrehaven3        A candle-lit chamber ARBREHAVEN1         havens
           - Endurance regen
           - Willpower regen
           - Hidden room
           - Library
     49664 arbrehaven4        A stark white room   ARBREHAVEN1         havens
           - Hidden room
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Used Points: 116  Remaining Points: 5
    [/spoiler]
    TozAldricKerrynEzalorMoireanRivas
    When the environmental effects ping, not everyone sees them.  This is unfortunate, because they would be great to add into RP but you sound crazy when you do.
    MoireanEmelle
  • edited March 2013
    Ezalor said:

In my defense, you try describing 200 rooms of identical swamp without using dat copypasta.
    I would make a swamp area soooooooooo deliciously sexy. Fumes here and there, marshlands and salamanders, slick mud tripping people  up, strange trees with multi-hued frogs attached to them. Yum

Edit: ooooh Alligator nests!
  • TzaTza
    edited March 2013
    I would totally put these kind of trees into swamps:

EDIT: They're real btw. This happened during the flood in Pakistan. There was so little land / shrubbery left, that all the spiders in the region fled onto the few available trees..
    Calipso

• Tza said:

EDIT: They're real btw. This happened during the flood in Pakistan. There was so little land / shrubbery left, that all the spiders in the region fled onto the few available trees..
    Must be a hunger-fest when an insect lands O.o
  • edited March 2013
    - Ability to grant access by privs to havens, allowing other Endgame players to enter them...perhaps then there would be more use to the bonuses placed within them :/. Would be the same system used for Housing. It would be alot of fun and also I could see some pretty lovely area concepts (in havens) made that people would enjoy having others transverse in :).

- Perhaps reducing the cost of original haven point converts from 200k? It just seems far too expensive and I really dont see a big deal in allowing some more haven points..it isnt like the Raceskills are such gamechanging addons anyway >.>. Perhaps reduce it to 50k?
    Angwe
    Maybe we could see that cool arena mod that limits big teams as an optional fortification in refining or a temporarily bomb effect from bombcrafting. Lessers pretty much always end up being about huge teams overwhelming smaller ones and it would be interesting to maybe see ways for us to augment the balance. (Not a criticism of anyone, both sides do it - it's basically the MO for lessers for as long as I've been involved in them).
  • TzaTza
    edited March 2013
    -) Option to view changelog entries through the website.

-)A SEARCH command for news posts, that lets you shift through the various news posts (or at the very least announce posts) with a search term of your choosing.

Reason: Do you know what a "Culling Blade" does exactly, as mentioned in another thread? I don't but I -think- I read about it somewhere once but of course there is no help file describing this artifact (like so many other 'unique' ones). However, there likely -is- a news post where it was described. But how to find it? <-- that exact problem that I'm having several times a week / day. Finding information is sometimes quite HARD around here. Being able to search through in game news would really, really help that.
  • SEARCHNEWS ANNOUNCE text

It's more that not all of the help files are updated with new utility that we've been given, so it can be tricky to discover what commands for things are.

TzaHaven
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    I recently combed through the help system and made a lot of minor tweaks. If you ever have something that you feel needs adding to a help file, suggesting it here or ingame would be helpful! (preferably here, as the list of ideas is disgustingly huge).
    MoireanSeirArbre
  • TzaTza
    edited March 2013
    Ilyon said:
    SEARCHNEWS ANNOUNCE text
    See.. I did not know that existed. I fail. :/

@Iosyne: There's some player resources that explain leylines and ylem in greater depth, but I've always felt it would be helpful to have a general help file (Especially since HELP LEYLINES doesn't exist at all), Not everyone has the refining skillset (and thus cannot view the ABs).
    Iosyne
    You strike out at a Nazetu halberdier, slashing him with a hefty glacial halberd, ripping him wide open.
    The final blow proves too much for a Nazetu halberdier, who expires, pitifully.

These guys, somehow, totally need to let out a cry about helping the halberdier. >_>
  • MaghakMaghak The heights of Stormcaller Crag
    For the record, our current standards for builders specifically note that all brief descriptions in an area should be unique, unless they are part of a sub-area that's directly intended to be confusing.
    Xavin
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Ezalor said:

I've made about 300 rooms filled with sand, all unique. ;)
    However, if there is an area that is supposed to be a bit of a maze, it makes sense to name some of the rooms similar. Also, as @Moirean said, it can give you a tactical advantage if you use it right.

• The labyrinth beneath chakrasul's temple comes to mind. So annoying :(

Infin
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Make MINIPET WANDER command work in Havens as well.

Please :)
    MastemaKonnornCalipsoLinAldricErzsebetPeriluna
    New project option:

PROJECT <projectid> TRANSFER TO <groupid>

This would let us easily transfer projects from something like a leadership clan over to the guild/city, instead of having to manually copypaste.
    KerrynCiarelle
  • seems alot of fun emotes are missing now :(. Some suggestions for some fun/nice mini-emotes are:

Scoff: You scoff at <person>'s suggestions.

Pish: "Pish Posh" you say as you wave your hand dismissively at <person>.

Spank: <person> smacks you upon the rump like a common barmaid!

Evillaugh: "Mwahahahaha" you laugh out loud as you express delight in your sinister thoughts.

Fondle: You fondle <person> lewdly and give them a wink!

Rage: You throw back your head and release a howl of anger and hate.

annnd that's all I could think of
    KiyotanTeaniTozErzsebetIllikaalArbrePeriluna
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Some of those were removed because they were viewed too snuggly. At least, fondle and spank were.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

TeaniErzsebetArbreHaydyn
    Aetolia is moving away from Achaeanism for a reason. 
    RivasErzsebetEmelleArbreAarbrok
  • I hate pretty much all of those.
    RivasErzsebetEmelleIllikaalArbre
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Also isn't rage a syntax for some skill?
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    Teani
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Hadoryu said:
    I hate pretty much all of those.
    All of those emotes scream Hadoryu. Don't lie.
    MastemaCalipsoArbre