Exterminations

Comments

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Right, we don't actually care at all about the rest of the world. Jungle the entire world and Bloodloch has no reason to really care. It's only the Mhojave that's relevant to us and bounties have been handed out accordingly for that area only.

Again, it's not just a "oh look room description" thing. We were warned that if we allowed the jungles to spread across the Mhojave freely our territories there would start revolting and causing trouble. And given what just happened with Moghedu obviously that's not something we want happening.

As for the rest, those are root problems with how Exterminate works.
    Ishin
  • Indorani are encouraged to lol exterminate - an act that could be fun RP but rarely is. They do, and because of Aetolian combat largely get away with it because really, who the hell dies unless they want to? Who the hell even -fights- unless they want to? Duiran has no, -0- way to retaliate because half of the Indorani guild are lolhaha who aren't even interested in serious RP, and so they do what they can - bounty excessively.

Gods give a stick that does, essentially, a fraction of what those Indorani were doing. Let's keep in mind that ( and I do not know for sure, but I'm going to go out on a looong limb here and guess ) the people from Duiran who are using these sticks are willing to both fight if attacked for it and RP if approached.

Instead of demonstrating the way things -could- be done, if people approached extermination the way it could and should be approached, Bloodloch seems to be perpetuating the nonsense.

Am I close? Alright, then, let's all get back to trolling one another!
    XavinSeir
    edited July 2014
    I did go out to fight the people using the stick. They either instantly ran away or came and teamed. So no, you don't have it right.

It was only after the 3rd (4th?) time that the person ran away from me alone and then came back with more that the BL ganksquad went out and started collecting the bounties.
  • Well, you are Ezalor.

:)
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Xavin said:

I'm curious who said that to you, because man...at this point I think some of us are/were pretty ticked off that none of the leaders on that side seem to be doing -anything- other than saying 'not our problem'.

Regarding my/Spirean non-interference, you came to me pretty much demanding that Spinesreach stop selling ash. I said that I'd consider it if Duiran compensated us for the money loss/time/trouble and to give a legit reason for helping Duiran, since Indorani are citizens, not forestals. I did not say that we wouldn't help out Duiran - I said, essentially, that we needed a reason. The only reason you gave was some over-the-top doomcrying about all the plants ever being extinct forever.

• @Rashar has the right of it, I think. Really, @Ezalor, you don't see people getting huge bounty stacks unless they pull the sort of unicorns that the Indorani have been pulling this past week. The last person to get bountied like this was Calipso and that was because she was, surprise surprise, doing similar things. It's not like we're saying 'oh, a necromancer is in a forest, bounty them'. We're expected, apparently, to expend ice to identify, ice to counter, and then attempt to hold down someone who has half a dozen escape/mobility abilities.

Exterminate needs changing or, preferably, outright deletion. If the Indorani weren't being unicorns-birds about things, we wouldn't even -have- the staves to begin with.

• Can this thread get closed already??

AarbrokSolariaGwenith
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    The amount of complaining has reached critical mass, I second the closing.
    Mephistoles
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I see a bunch of people who were, previously, crying for conflict, crying now that they have a counter-mechanism with with they can incite said conflict. Why don't you guys make up your minds, you know? If I thought exterminating would benefit me somehow, I'd be out exterminating too, if only so I could get some people to try and come 1v1 me when I come out of Spinesreach. Or like...hell, even try to RAID Spinesreach.

I mean, just...damn. We've got lessers right now, guys. And that's really kinda just it. You two cities have something that's unique between the two of you to fight over. It doesn't have to be Loch vs Duiranorian. Loch vs Duiran. Exterminators vs Duiran. Whatever. Fight. Love it. Die or kill.

Just...quit fucking crying like a bunch of bitches, for the love of God.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    AarbrokSolariaAshmerRivasOmeiDourifRiluoJensenMephistoles
    We don't even have guards in half the rooms. I'm not even kidding, I'm so lazy about security, because nothing ever happens.
    IshinJensen
  • edited July 2014

In all honesty, while I love seeing people be passionate, I will forewarn and fingerwaggle that breathing heavily into a paperbag would be more productive than being overtly rude to someone who disagrees with you outside of the game. Be chill, yo.
    I do find the whole jungle-growthing the desert an odd concept, tbh. As someone who grew up in southern California and visited Anza-Borego every month or two, I find it a really weird view that people see deserts as lifeless and barren. They have incredibly complex, vibrant and impressively resilient ecosystems. Just because everything isn't all green and lush doesn't mean there isn't life there.
    HaernIshin
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Spring in the Anza-Borrego..... SO PRETTY
    Moirean
    Wildflower season!
    Aarbrok
  • HAERN SAID CALM DOWN, GEEZ.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• GOD @MOIREAN, CALM DOWN.
  • My allergies can't handle it.
  • Yeah former Tucsonian of 6 years here. The deserts are mad verdant.

i am rapture coder
  • I think the staffs are any terrain that's not urban. Desert is just the example.

Politics
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    We actually had a dialog about changing the ecosystem of the desert. Originally, our logic was that since it was only temporary, it was fine.

But then we found out that it destroyed plants. Now, we're having this cool little moral quandary/identity crisis. I like it.

I was told that since I was 'the only one confirmed to be' doing the jungling, all bounties would be on me. I don't really mind. As long as peeps are hitting back, I don't really mind. I don't care about dying and I like fighting.

So far, I've had a lot of fun.
    OmeiDourifLimAarbrokHaven
    Hopefully there will be some way to tell who was responsible for the jungling. The only way we had to determine it was that someone saw Angwe out finishing it off when the entire Mhojave was green, so all those bounties went to him.
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    edited July 2014
    If Bloodloch is going to treat it like exterminating and stack bounties, then Neoexterminate should provide a name, but also be permanent until removed and require resources in order to remove. Only fair, after all.
  • Pretty much. Apparently this all started because Dexter is butthurt that Duiran stacks bounties for something that is semi-permanent, costs resources to fix, and destroys a source of concoctions.

Honestly, just delete exterminate.

• edited July 2014
    I'm gonna go thorough this line by line so we can see how ridiculous the Indorani are with this:
    Message #1338 Sent By: Dexter Received On: 7/03/2014/13:08
    "What kind of understanding really, is there to come to? I mean, are you REALLY interested in understanding and negotiating? You are willing to give us parts of the forest where we are able to replenish our essence uncontested, or without Duirans ridiculous multiple bounties which by the is highly frowned upon by the divine.
    Necromancers can replenish essence naturally and through the consumption of hearts. There is, literally, no need to grief duiran to replenish essence. Furthermore, it is rare that enough essence actually gets used that it needs replenishing because indorani lean mostly on tarot in combat anyway.
    Over the past centuries how many times have the same hunters participated in rites to help replenish devotion?
    If this means rite of prayer, then lololololo. 1. they're rare. 2. luminaries have 0 other method, other than consuming spirit bulbs, which themselves are rare, to regain devotion. He's comparing apples and oranges here and it's freakin' infuriating how illogical the comparison is.
    However, the second we replenish our essence we are quickly to get enemied, and bountied, on top of it receive MULTIPLE bounties for a single extermination.
    No, you get enemied because you performed an act that goes against everything duiran stands for. You get a single bounty for 1-3 exterminations. They stack after the next set of 1-3. If you're going to bitch, then get your facts straight.
    I have every mind to hunt and kill any participant that tries or succeeds in collecting a bounty on one of my members for simply replenishing their essence, twice per bounty.
    Good luck with that, it'll never stand up against the issues that will come.
    Though, if you do have a better way, and really would like to come to an understanding, please by all means, do share."
    Here's a solution: stop encouraging your people to do something that you -know- is basically greifing.

This is what Duiran is dealing with, someone who thinks that rite of prayer == extermination, and who doesn't understand that you don't get to pk someone for claiming a bounty that was earned. This sort of unicorns is why we can't have nice things.

• I think Mariena and Angwe have exactly the right attitude. It's weird how the people directly involved are enjoying or getting something out of the event, while those who are less involved feel the need to (ostensibly on behalf of those who claim enjoyment) claim that it's nothing but griefing. Maybe the white-knighting isn't necessary because the damsel isn't actually in distress?
    JensenAarbrokIshin
    It's not griefing because *you do not need to rejuvenate.* You choose to. Admin even went and gave you a RP tool to use *instead of rejuvenating* - it's really just absurd to keep harping on about how you're being griefed into doing something you hate.

JUST. DON'T. DO. IT.
    Seir
  • edited July 2014
    @Xarian, I'm not white-knighting. I'm frustrated as hell, though, that the people who actually are exterminating refuse to actually interact at all. It's a freakin' joke that they need to do this for essence, because the people doing it aren't even bashing or pking or anything that actually consumes essence. No, what they're doing is running around exterminating and the running back to bloodloch to hide and/or qq whenever they're noticed.

@Moirean - Except it doesn't undo the extermination. At all. And I would really appreciate it if you would stop suggesting that we ignore the part of duiran's role that says 'we do this when that happens'. Because the second we start ignoring it, what will happen? People will say 'lol, we made them so angry they just stopped, duiran sucks'.

• AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    All grumping aside, I think this could be a chance for Duiran to kinda change up our role a bit.

I mean, does anyone else think the whole 'wilderness protectorate' thing is getting a bit... played out?
    AarbrokRiluo
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited July 2014
    Not necessarily played out, but it could definitely use with a reintroduction of a spine. Could easily regain the 'we don't need to coddle nature, she survives all of us, we don't need to rejuvenate after extermination as she takes care of it, and while she does that we can go hunt the jerkfaces down' dealie, and emphasize the wild and strength of nature rather than this softer iteration (which has its place, just can emphasize the other aspect more). Transition from trying to do nature's job for it to addressing the other mortals who interfere, which is something nature -can't- do on its own.
    MoireanHaernIshinSetneHavenPiper
This discussion has been closed.