MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Every time I read her sig, I unconsciously add a 'rah-rah, fight the powa'. The Internet has made me illiterate, I swear.
  • Ugh. My 22 inch monitor died.

'Okay Fenrir, looks like you're gonna have to use the outlandishly square 17 inch from your old rig.'

So I get it up and running and it's all weird. Few hours later. 'Maybe if I plug the 22 inch back in it'll work okay!' (Because that's how technology works  It fixes itself.)  Nope, still broken. Plug the 17 inch backup one back in. IT FRIES ITSELF.

Now I'm on some portable TV screen thing... I don't even know what resolution this is. 1024 x 768 I think.

I can't even load up Zmud. One tekura combo is as large as my damn zmud window almost. :(
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Warranties on monitors tend to be extraordinarily long. It's usually like 4 years.
  • I bought the rig from another person. It was only 6 months old, but I don't have any documentation for warranties and such.
  • That's rough, man. I've had my 20 inch lcd for 5 years here in May or June. Never had any issues. I guess they just don't make em like they used to.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • Moving.

You can only come to realize the full extent of what a disorganized oaf you are when you are forced to condense all of your belongings into a few luggage cases.

Also, my cat. I tell him to help me pack and he goes and rolls around in all my clean clothes. wtfrak
    IllikaalXavinNolaAngweLiancaTeaniPeriluna
  • When I fuck something up, I do it really well. 

I hit a pothole (I call it a pothole, the edge of the road was actually crumbled away, so it was half of a pothole.) on the way home from class today. My car started wobbling so bad I thought I was going to have to pull over on the side of the road, woods on both sides and whoknowswhat in those trees. 

Got to work and my uncle met me to look at it. I ended up taking it to the tire place and found out that I've bent both rims on the passenger side. To replace them and align/balance/whatever is gonna be around $250. I was cutting it close saving my $300 for next week's car note and now I don't know what in the crap I'm going to do.

Like I need more stress on top of my various senior projects. Thanks life. You rock.
    imageimage
  • I had to drop 260 yesterday for a new ball bearing in my right wheel. I have at least $300 repair left to go. At least.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Hate my net sometimes.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • My recent tire horror story and what you lot are experiencing - yeahhhh, making me regret becoming a car owner. 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    My tire blew out not too long ago. I replaced the thing myself. Its not hard. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • All of my money goes to my car. If I didn't have a car.. well, I wouldn't have financial worries. 
    Periluna
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    Look at us, all having car problems! I've had two blowouts and a corroded frame in the past month! Hang in there, guys!
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Dropped $400 on new tires. I miss you, dollars :(
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    Periluna
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    I hate being depressed.
    I hate being trapped.
    I hate being forced to pretend to be someone I'm not.
    I hate my life right now.

Rage that I feel this way. So much rage.
    imageimage
    CalipsoKonnornValenaePiper
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Cars keep you poor- fact of life, that.

AngweEsperAmara
  • Fenrir said:
    I bought the rig from another person. It was only 6 months old, but I don't have any documentation for warranties and such.
    Some companies will let you look up the warranty by serial number. Though, without proof of purchase, the date in their system might not reflect any time it may have sat in a warehouse/retail store.
    Aisling
  • MereliiMerelii Reno, NV DesertFTW
    If you just bent the rims, you can try a junk yard. They generally have rims that are in good condiditon, and are a lot cheaper than new. Used tire places do that too. I did the same thing with my Kia a few years ago avoiding a drunk driver. Everyone wanted at least 80 bucks a rim, and then I got them at a used tire store for 40 for both. My sister has my car now, and still drives on the same rims. :) once you get the rims, most places will mount and bal a tire for between 5-25 bucks. Lot better than 300. long as your tires are a-ok, it's a lot easier to just get junkyard rims. :) ((Granted, half my truck is a pick-and-pull special. only new thing going on it right now is shocks. and that's 300$.))

...wait...

WTF is up with the 300 dollar vehicle repair?
  • Merelii said:
    If you just bent the rims, you can try a junk yard. They generally have rims that are in good condiditon, and are a lot cheaper than new. Used tire places do that too. I did the same thing with my Kia a few years ago avoiding a drunk driver. Everyone wanted at least 80 bucks a rim, and then I got them at a used tire store for 40 for both. My sister has my car now, and still drives on the same rims. :) once you get the rims, most places will mount and bal a tire for between 5-25 bucks. Lot better than 300. long as your tires are a-ok, it's a lot easier to just get junkyard rims. :) ((Granted, half my truck is a pick-and-pull special. only new thing going on it right now is shocks. and that's 300$.))

...wait...

WTF is up with the 300 dollar vehicle repair?
    I called around to make sure the guy at the tire place was getting the rims as cheap as he could for around my area, cheapest I found was $65 per. So he was on the money for that. It's $47 for the front alignment and $45 for the back, but $15 per rim to mount the new tires. So just a shade over $250, but when I go get it today, I have a $10 off alignment coupon from their website. So...There's $10 saved! (Looking on the bright side of things, it could have been much worse had I repeated my wreck from '08 and took out a power pole in the process.)
    imageimage
  • edited March 2013
    Oil Change, PA Emmissions and Safety Inspection, Light replacement= $95

• I love being emissions exempt due to low mileage >_>

• Dieting.. so many ideas and techniques to it these days, you dont know wrong from right anymore.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Dhar said:
    Moving.

You can only come to realize the full extent of what a disorganized oaf you are when you are forced to condense all of your belongings into a few luggage cases.

Also, my cat. I tell him to help me pack and he goes and rolls around in all my clean clothes. wtfrak
    Hang in there. Best thing about moving is that you can get rid of all the crap you managed to collect and stash away in all those 'good places' you have around the apartment. Also... cats are cats. Silly, annoying and adorable, often all at once.

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I started something horrible.  Are we done tangeting, or should I roll this over into a new thread?
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    I suppose you could just roll it over into Hadoryu's bump of Fitocracy. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Illidan said:
    I suppose you could just roll it over into Hadoryu's bump of Fitocracy. 
    If I can do so, I don't know how.  Have this instead.
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited March 2013
    I rage that I can eat literally anything--or nothing, and not loose weight, no matter how long I stick with it. I don't seem to gain much either at this point, but if I eat tiny meals 6 times a day, or 1 normal-sized meal a day, or don't eat, or drink no soda and only drink water or eat nothing with sugar or gluten or carbs or all of these in conjunction--whatever, the ONLY change I manage to get is 2-5 pound water weight fluctuation.

I ate tuna salad made with only like a tablespoon of fat-free mayo, egg whites, apple slices, dried cranberries, and a little bit of mustard for like three months sitraight, on fat-free crackers, with only a little sugar-free cereal or eggs to mix it up once in a blue moon, in fairly small quantities and -nothing- changed. At all. Not even with my dad forcing me to drill sergeant levels of exercise and activity. I bike-rode, I ran around the block, I did workout videos, I drank water, I ate reasonable amounts of food that isn't terrible for me. And--three months, nothing. It's exceedingly frustrating. I mean. I wasn't expecting it to be EASY, or to ohwow, three months, tonsandtons of weight gone. Think I lost a total of 4 pounds, all of it water weight. :/

Rage. Suuuch rage.

....and ninja'd by a mob with a new thread. Still. Rage. MAD MADDEN'S MADDENING MAD
    imageimage
    Calipso
  • edited March 2013
    Being in and out of Hospital all week and being forced to stay in a bed! Plus their rubbish internet that drops out every few mins, then to top it off the doctors keep treating me like a kid!! All I can say is bring on the hot first year nurses and their gullibility :\">
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • Erzsebet said:
    I rage that I can eat literally anything--or nothing, and not loose weight, no matter how long I stick with it. I don't seem to gain much either at this point, but if I eat tiny meals 6 times a day, or 1 normal-sized meal a day, or don't eat, or drink no soda and only drink water or eat nothing with sugar or gluten or carbs or all of these in conjunction--whatever, the ONLY change I manage to get is 2-5 pound water weight fluctuation.

I ate tuna salad made with only like a tablespoon of fat-free mayo, egg whites, apple slices, dried cranberries, and a little bit of mustard for like three months sitraight, on fat-free crackers, with only a little sugar-free cereal or eggs to mix it up once in a blue moon, in fairly small quantities and -nothing- changed. At all. Not even with my dad forcing me to drill sergeant levels of exercise and activity. I bike-rode, I ran around the block, I did workout videos, I drank water, I ate reasonable amounts of food that isn't terrible for me. And--three months, nothing. It's exceedingly frustrating. I mean. I wasn't expecting it to be EASY, or to ohwow, three months, tonsandtons of weight gone. Think I lost a total of 4 pounds, all of it water weight. :/

Rage. Suuuch rage.

....and ninja'd by a mob with a new thread. Still. Rage. MAD MADDEN'S MADDENING MAD
    Hit up myfitnesspal.com and start filling it out religiously. Every little thing that goes into you and every bit of exercise. I can pretty much guarantee that you'll be able to pin-point the reason you're having trouble losing weight after a month or so. You have to be brutally honest with yourself as you go though.

Trust me though, you're not capable of violating the laws of physics. There's something that's likely missing from your perspective - this online tracker can help you find it.
    Zun
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Get a physical, if you haven't had one in a while. It could be something medical like a thyroid disorder. Also, a full check up tends to be a good idea every few years anyways. There are (at least in all the cities I've lived in) community clinics that offer payment plans and reduced fees based on income if you are worried about the cost.
    Valenae