MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• Angwe said:
    @Piper Come kick it with me in VA.
    Virginia is the debil Bobby Bouche.
    KiyotanPiperAngwe
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    I have to do stupid seminar class things all week.

I think I'm getting sick. Possibly because I haven't been sleeping well.

I have found myself with a surplus of onions, limes, and carrots. I feel like I'm doing the epicurean and can't figure out wtf to make with my ingredients.
    imageimage
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden

Erzsebet said:
    I have to do stupid seminar class things all week.

I think I'm getting sick. Possibly because I haven't been sleeping well.

I have found myself with a surplus of onions, limes, and carrots. I feel like I'm doing the epicurean and can't figure out wtf to make with my ingredients.
    I'd make a casserole of some kind. Can even make it vegetarian, with lots of nice spices and cream for the sauce.

Was considering stir fry. Have rice and mushrooms, too. But what kind of casserole actually tastes good with onions, limes, and carrots? O.o

Also, they don't necessarily have to be used in the same meal.
    imageimage
  • I rage at my computer keeling over and suddenly stop taking a charge of any kind. I've tried two different chargers.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Erzsebet: Lime would go well with chicken. Changing my mind on the others though. Onion, carrot and mushrooms along with some beef would make a lovely stew! You can make lemonade of the lime fruit instead. :)

• edited March 2013
    For a laptop, I'm guessing?

- if it powers up when plugged in but the battery stays at 0%, you will need to find a new battery. Unfortunately batteries dying is inevitable.

- if it isn't charging at all and the 'power source' light doesn't turn on it is probably your power jack (the place on your laptop you plug in to get power). This is a little more complicated to repair.

- If it doesn't power up at all despite having a 'power source' light lit, your problems are likely much more severe.

• edited March 2013
    Dhar said:
    For a laptop, I'm guessing?

- if it powers up when plugged in but the battery stays at 0%, you will need to find a new battery. Unfortunately batteries dying is inevitable.

- if it isn't charging at all and the 'power source' light doesn't turn on it is probably your power jack (the place on your laptop you plug in to get power). This is a little more complicated to repair.

- If it doesn't power up at all despite having a 'power source' light lit, your problems are likely much more severe.

The charger wasn't lighting up at all, it wouldn't turn on with the battery out of it, and there weren't any lights on the battery whatsoever. I took it to the local shop I bought it from and they said they weren't sure what was wrong with it but they replaced both my battery and charger for free. 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

Haven
  • I hate daylight savings time pushing everything forward an hour. 
    ErzsebetLiancaPiperHaydynPerilunaAryanneAmaraHavenKaleigh
  • Sad that Ankyreanarchives.com is still down.

I think it's gone. :<
    AryanneSeir
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    edited March 2013
    Sadly, while the site was chock full of humor, snark, wit, and the remaining .01% that comprises the rest of the Aetolian population, it largely went unused and no one really updated it. To some extent, I can understand why. Mostly, I think it's because all of us are too lazy to update a wiki.
  • I hate being exhausted from working 16 hour days.

You know how hard it is to find someone trustworthy, that passes a background check and will take rent and everything covered for them as pay for working in my childcare?

I am about ready to pull my hair out.
  • Meskhenet said:
    I hate being exhausted from working 16 hour days.

You know how hard it is to find someone trustworthy, that passes a background check and will take rent and everything covered for them as pay for working in my childcare?

I am about ready to pull my hair out.
    So what you need is a slave, essentially. A trustworthy one that passes a background check ;)
    Illidan said:
     if you ever see me killing someone (newbies especially) it's because I've had good reason to do so
  • Seir said:
    Sadly, while the site was chock full of humor, snark, wit, and the remaining .01% that comprises the rest of the Aetolian population, it largely went unused and no one really updated it. To some extent, I can understand why. Mostly, I think it's because all of us are too lazy to update a wiki.
    I -loved- that website.
  • So. Found out my company has only been paying me labourer rate instead of first year apprentice rate. (I was told they were the same.) I brought it up with my superintendent and was told to pound sand, essentially. So I brought it to my union and they said they'd ask into it and get a why for me. Today the superintendent asked for my blue book (apprentice book) from my foreman.

After putting in nearly two years of time with this company, working on quite a few projects where I was a key component to their success, they're completely unwilling to give me the 1.50$ an hour raise that is paid for by SHELL, not my company. 

I guess that's the base of my mad-madden-maddening.

What really irks me now though, is I suddenly have this overwhelming sense of dread. Wouldn't be surprised if they tried to pull my apprenticeship now.
    I have these workshops I have to do all this week generally related to job-findingness, and in one of them today, we tested our stress levels. Apparently 110-120 or so is fairly reasonable--my level is at 472 and that's BEFORE adding in any Aetolia-related stress, which, probably adds a helluva lot more, especially now.
    imageimage
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    My favorite author, Anne Bishop, just released a new book called Written In Red. I have previously read everything Bishop has written and loved all of it, but this book just seems like a cop-out. It feels like it is catering to the current vampire/werewolf craze. Worse still, it feels like a simpler style of storytelling, perhaps for younger audiences. It is too reminiscent of Cassandra Clare, and that is extremely disappointing. 

If you're unfamiliar with Cassandra Clare or her Mortal Instruments series, imagine expecting to play a PS3 game but it has Atari graphics. 
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
  • Re that closed thread: if I'm disrespecting a Divine over any medium, believe me guys, I'm begging you to zap me.
    Rivas
  • Just finished the final episode in the Battlestar Galactica series.

So sad it's over. :<<<<<

1123 6536 5321
    Riluo
  • MereliiMerelii Reno, NV DesertFTW
    Rage?
    I don't think it really classifies as rage anymore. Just mostly exasperation. But I am SO SICK AND TIRED of bosses that promote people (This is myself included, to some extent) In to supervisory positions with no background, or no idea what they're doing for the job to begin with, let alone no supervisory experience, and then paying them a crappy wage barely above what the entry level guys are making, for 50 hours of work, (10 of which is off the clock and we aren't getting paid for) And then turning a blind eye to the harassment, belittling, screaming, all around trolling that's going on in the office. I swear to GAWD one more boss grabs my butt, and I'm going to start breaking fingers.  And then to turn around and tell me 'You can't do this to us' when I bust my behind looking for work, find a new and better job for more pay and less required out of me, (Which means more time at home with the family) and then whine and cry that -I- personally have put them in a bind when 6 people have quit (or are planning to) in the last month (and future two weeks).  No, Sexual Harassment Panda Boss, you have put yourself in this bind. If you weren't paying barely above minimum wage, denying overtime when it was required, screaming at your supers, and then asking the new guy to climb under your desk because you gave him a promotion when he has enough experience to do YOUR piddly job that an entry level secretary could do in half the time, you wouldn't be in this situation. /rant

That said, I totally get where you're coming from, Isto.
    AngwePeriluna
    edited March 2013
    I can tell you that if anyone at my job was grabbing another co-worker's rear in that manner, they'd be terminated instantly. HR Departments do not mess around when it comes to sexual harassment because it can turn into a huge lawsuit against the company.
    PerilunaXavinMereliiArbre
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    A HUGE LAWSUIT AGAINST THOSE HANDSY MUDDYFUNSTERS, YOU SAY? HMMM!
    Kiyotan
  • MereliiMerelii Reno, NV DesertFTW
    Unfortunately, Seir, there was only two people above me. The HR guy, and the Branch manager...The HR guy was the grabby one. D: My last day was Saturday, but, I ended up calling in because I hadn't gotten ANY sleep the day before, and working grave driving someone else's car around for 8 hours isn't a smart thing to do on 36 hours with no sleep. They acted like I had cut someone's hand off. I'm so glad I don't have to work there anymore, but now I'm mad I don't get to work with the other awesome people there. I did love my job....I just hated the politics. :(
    edited March 2013
    @Kiyotan Huh. Darliea said it was really good--better than Black Jewels even and said I should read it.

ETA: To clarify, she said it was better in terms of plot, and less repetitive phrases and stupid names.
    imageimage
    Nothing is better than Black Jewels. Nothing.
    Erzsebet
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Aaaaaaawwwwwwlriiiiiight.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    LinHaydyn
    Not those black jewels. Augh.
    LinHaydyn
  • daylight savings coupled with already late nights and having to get up super early just to be ready in time to leave for school.. and then not having enough sleep to even consider going because you'd just be falling asleep and getting nothing done anyway, having a strict school policy however that says 'only three absences a semester' allowed, despite being ahead in the course and spending extra hours in the math lab makes me :( So even if this is my second absence, it stresses me out.
    I've never understood the absence policy. If you have a legitimate reason for being absent and you're paying the money for the course AND you make up the work on time and your grades are fine, I don't really think a school has any right to pretty much flunk you for the course. You can't help it when you're sick or have a death in the family. I think schools need to realize this.
    ArbreErzsebet
  • The biggest thing about it I have an issue with is that yeah, you're paying the money, and you're an adult. This is college. Its not grade school. A three absence restriction is ridiculous, in my opinion, if you were to have an absence policy. 
    Haydyn