Short Questions

Comments

• So odd question here, what happened to city raids? It seems to me like lessers have pretty much taken their place.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Yes, and moved the conflict away from the citizens who don't want to participate in combat or get randomly pounced on whenever the opposing side feels up for a raid. Guards have been altered to keep people away, more or less.

• People do city raids still when they get bored/drunk, especially people from the dark-side. It's just rarer now because it's time consuming and not usually that worthwhile. IIRC, guards get stronger with the more of them you kill. It's in the end of HELP CITYGUARDS.
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited December 2014
    Guards quickly become overwhelming. They take less damage and do more damage for each one you kill so once you take out a good few it becomes nearly impossible to keep going. Just doesn't feel worthwhile since you can only get off 1 or 2 good kamikaze missions then you get smacked for 3k damage while the guard takes 200. Not necessarily a bad thing though.
    Ishin
  • Fair enough I guess, thanks for the response
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited December 2014
    I do miss raiding as an option for pvp but mostly due to the overwhelming lack of pvp these days. Which to be frank has resulted in many just leaving for other games sadly :cold_sweat:

I do not blame non-pkers for not wanting raiding removed/nullified, that is fine. However the lack of pvp is just bad for business as it forces us to go elsewhere to get our fun.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Ishin
  • While raiding should theoretically be possible, it is my understanding that the current state of guards was a result of the behavior of players raiding - that is to say, the trend was to raid only when the target org had low numbers. So in this sort of situation we walk a fine line between keeping players who enjoy raiding happy an players who don't exactly enjoy that sort of underhanded strategy happy.
  • I was wondering if there was any plans to bring back the old promo items, or enable some way to get them.
    Kendri
  • Mael said:

I was wondering if there was any plans to bring back the old promo items, or enable some way to get them.

If you mean relic pieces and the like, they get sifted back in from time to time. Actually, this promo had many brought back out of retirement.
  • Dristin said:

Mael said:

I was wondering if there was any plans to bring back the old promo items, or enable some way to get them.

If you mean relic pieces and the like, they get sifted back in from time to time. Actually, this promo had many brought back out of retirement.
    I meant the login promo items, I don't even know what the majority of them.
    Kendri
  • Well, for starters, you have a snowglobe that you can shake once an Aet year, stocking that you can pull something out of once an Aet year..... those are the only two I know of. But I wouldn't expect them to hand out another way to get them..... though the snowglobe would be nice.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

TragerTeani
  • I know Imperian brought the yeti globe, stocking and other rare login stuff back via the wheel promotion. I'm sure people would spend buckets of credits or gold trying to get those things in that manner. (I know I would.)
  • Was going to write up a little liaison report or two in preparation for the next round, at least one in the misc category, but when I try to make it I get told that I need to be transcendent in the skill... am I doing something wrong?

"You must have Transcendent rank in a skill in order to submit reports concerning it."
    Rawr
  • Do vampires just not get crits anymore? Or am I broken. Haven't really bashed enough as vamp to know if it's supposed to be this way or what, but I'm literally getting zero crits.

Unrelated, how many shrine sizes are there to build a shrine from zero to nothing?
    imageimage
  • Should be 3? It goes to active, then gets bigger, and then it turns into a grownup.

But you get to make cool jokes about the size of your erection while you're doing it, so that's cool.
  • Is there a non-active desc too, or is it just nothingness prior? @Rashar
    imageimage
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Erzsebet said:

Is there a non-active desc too, or is it just nothingness prior? @Rashar

If they're busted then it'll show as a dormant shrine to whoever.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • It'll say dormant. It'll also denote next to it on shrines sight if the barrier is broken. If they broke it with corpses, you need corpses to resanctify. If it just hasn't been erected all the way ( haha, I'm such an adolescent ) then just praying will work.
    Ishin
  • Okay, so four descs for a shrine total? Dormant, baby, intermediate, normal? Is there a different desc for the master shrine.
    imageimage
  • Erzsebet said:

Do vampires just not get crits anymore? Or am I broken. Haven't really bashed enough as vamp to know if it's supposed to be this way or what, but I'm literally getting zero crits.

Certain mobs can't be critically hit. If you're referring to the Gaes, I believe it's like that for them. I bash Xaanhal like 24-7, and crit them all the time. But yeah. There you go.

"Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • Master shrines use the same descriptions, but they're denoted differently on shrinesight and info here.
  • Malok said:

Erzsebet said:

Do vampires just not get crits anymore? Or am I broken. Haven't really bashed enough as vamp to know if it's supposed to be this way or what, but I'm literally getting zero crits.

Certain mobs can't be critically hit. If you're referring to the Gaes, I believe it's like that for them.

I can confirm that the Gaes area is immune to crits. Just as a fyi.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Rashar said:
    If they broke it with corpses, you need corpses to resanctify. If it just hasn't been erected all the way ( haha, I'm such an adolescent ) then just praying will work.
    Not completely accurate.

Re sizes they are dormant small medium and large.

Master is denoted different on shrinesight. Offhand I can't recall if ql shows a different image. You can go peek at the iosyne one in azdun outside the black keep to see.
  • Oh--okay. Haven't bashed anywhere else in too long. So long as I'm not broken, it's good.
    imageimage
  • edited December 2014
    @moirean I'm not sure how that's inaccurate? That's how I've always found it. If it's been erected but not fully, you can finish it and the barrier will be good. If it's been defiled and seal broken, I've never been able to replace the barrier without additional corpses.

I don't think it looks any different visually, but on ih it notes that it's the master shrine.

^ Just noticed Obyn said the same thing I did. Whoops. Been scatterbrained all day.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited December 2014
    Wtf!!! I just lost half my skills for three days during an event which requires that I use my skills thanks!! Not Bloody impressed at all and VERY uncalled for.

You are affected by the following:
    Weakened by Abhorash for about 54 hours.

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Riluo said:

Wtf!!! I just lost half my skills for three days during an event which requires that I use my skills thanks!! Not Bloody impressed at all and VERY uncalled for.

You are affected by the following:
    Weakened by Abhorash for about 54 hours.

This is a situation where we didn't realize how potent that punishment was. It used to just weaken a few blood-related abilities. I've gone ahead and neutralized the effect. That's not what we were aiming for. Please continue to roleplay as if Abhorash had shamed you. :)
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    RiluoDristin[Deleted User]DraimanIshin
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited December 2014
    Much love and I will hang my head in shame.

Secretly feels bad now for raging over it

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    @Rashar you're close enough to be accurate. The exceptions are tactical info I'll leave for you to discover.
  • edited December 2014
    Pfft. I'm not talking about using ylem perks or different niches, I'm talking about in general. But yeah, you are right.