Short Questions

Comments

• AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    If anyone did that, we would probably still be killing @Calipso.
    StathanSolariaIshin
  • TozToz
    edited June 2014
    Did you ever consider not exterminating, if you don't want to deal with 20 bounties? Maybe they give you something fun to do. Maybe they just pk you into the ground. Either way, YOU(exterminator) started it. So you get to see it through.

EDIT: though like an aura of defilement, where you are open pk to forestalls? That'd be cool.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

IshinStathanXavinTeani
  • edited June 2014
    I'm with @toz. I kind of like bounties for that reason. Ultimately, exterminating is an act of aggression. Bounties make it clear that your little rp you have going on that seems fun at the time ( or funny ) isn't going to just stop or stop having consequences when -you- decide you're over it and don't want to play that game anymore.
    Ishin
  • Toz said:

Did you ever consider not exterminating, if you don't want to deal with 20 bounties? Maybe they give you something fun to do. Maybe they just pk you into the ground. Either way, YOU(exterminator) started it. So you get to see it through.

EDIT: though like an aura of defilement, where you are open pk to forestalls? That'd be cool.

Like Aura of defilement, which lasts like 3/4 ooc days.... Since its normally a full area which gets exterminated (as its normally at times people are not on)

Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • Here's the thing, and @Ezalor, maybe you can explain your viewpoint better, because I'm not sure I understand - if people don't want stacked bounties for exterminating swaths of forest, maybe they shouldn't exterminate swaths of forests. Why should someone do something that, in effect, hassles an org and then get to decide when they're done?

• Nalor said:

Toz said:

Like Aura of defilement, which lasts like 3/4 ooc days.... Since its normally a full area which gets exterminated (as its normally at times people are not on)

Achaea has an infamy system. If you rob people/pk people, you become open pk to mark members and other Infamous people. It ticks up per offense. Have this work the same way - it only ticks down while OUTSIDE of a city, and the more you do it the longer it takes to go away.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

StathanAngwePiper
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    I've always viewed bounties as something you only do if there is a direct offense to the city from within the city - raiding, trying to PK inside the city, and other shenanigans like that.

I actually really like Toz's idea of an aura of extermination or something similar where you become open PK to anyone during the duration of it.

I'm all for consequences for actions but 20 bounties is just excessive. We were only granted 13 kills by the admin for theft of -all- of an org's gold, back before they implemented the daily limit.
    IshinSolaria
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Ezalor said:

I've always viewed bounties as something you only do if there is a direct offense to the city from within the city - raiding, trying to PK inside the city, and other shenanigans like that.

I actually really like Toz's idea of an aura of extermination or something similar where you become open PK to anyone during the duration of it.

I'm all for consequences for actions but 20 bounties is just excessive. We were only granted 13 kills by the admin for theft of -all- of an org's gold, back before they implemented the daily limit.

While I agree that 20 is excessive, you need to remember that Duiran is supposed to be different from cities. People keep changing it, but it's supposed to be a no laws but the cycle, defend nature from corruption, undeath, and unnatural influence. The place has changed forcibly with mechanics due to the polarity that currently exists that didn't when it was founded, but that difference still should hold more or less true.
    StathanIshin
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    edited June 2014
    I don't think 20 is excessive. One person has now exterminated close to 50-60 rooms, and that count is rising by the second. They've died once and they've kept going. At this point, I feel they should just be open PK for the next month or so. Considering it costs 10 ice (300-400 gold at current comm prices) to rejuvenate, it's very plausible that a couple of exterminators working together could wipe out an org's entire ice supply in a week or so.

Putting more thought into it, extermination isn't really a balanced mechanic anymore. Maybe back in Achaea or such where forestals could deny cures or make the forests come alive to fight back, but right now, it's very very very very very one-sided, and the lore RP obliges forestals to defend against something with little recourse in retaliation beyond, 'let's grief the perps into the ground until they give up'. Which is pretty much impossible against an Indorani and their ten million escapes and the lack of care people have for dying. This isn't a permadeath game, after all!

XavinIshin
  • Solution, implement permadeath.
    TozStathanZsadistJensenAngweAmberlea
    Also, the aura of extermination (like the defilement aura) is kind of a terrible idea. It implies there's some weird statute of limitations on offenses here in Aetolia. It's like, oh if I exterminate every single room on Sapience, all I need to do is idle for a couple of days and then I'm untouchable. Same thing for defiling shrines. Um, what?

• The idea being that, the more they do it, the longer they have to sit outside of cities to even get it eligible to tick down. There are people in Achaea with RL years of free pk status on them due to actions.

Plus? Yeah, there is a 'weird statue of limitations on offenses in Aetolia'. That's how people change sides, and why we have rules saying you cannot permanently ban someone from an organization.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

I'm not really sure I follow that logic. It's not like you can just switch city's without clearing your enemy status -- you have to pay some form of restitution or convince other players to 'drop charges' so to speak.

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    What is the exit points (rooms) for the death caves amulet?

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• room->exits["n"] = 8795;
    room->exits["ne"] = 15956;
    room->exits["e"] = 5676;
    room->exits["se"] = 4897;
    room->exits["s"] = 36824;
    room->exits["sw"] = 9192;
    room->exits["w"] = 1175;
    room->exits["nw"] = 19131;
    room->exits["u"] = 1231;

These are Aetolian vnums.

Riluo
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Thanks heaps :)

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Serrice said:

I'm not really sure I follow that logic. It's not like you can just switch city's without clearing your enemy status -- you have to pay some form of restitution or convince other players to 'drop charges' so to speak.

Are those bounties even helpful? Seeing as bounties are in house only right now, how many from Duiran actually pk? You, Kheoss, and Trager (is he still on hiatus?) come to mind, but I can't picture the 2-3 of you actively hunting this person enough to claim half of them.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Mostly just owls.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Wait only people from the city that posted the bounty can claim it now?
    Would be nifty if you had a super expensive ylem ability that targets people with an exterminating aura. Gives them reduced movement speed through forest environments, and maybe some damage similar to demons rite but modified to fit forestal lore, also have rangers shout out that they've entered the woods while it's active
    Teani
  • Moirean said:

Wait only people from the city that posted the bounty can claim it now?

Yeah, this changed like two months ago I think?
    Rawr
    Ishin
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    edited June 2014
    Ezalor said:

I'm calling complete crap on this. I got bountied for going to the crack to rescue a teammate who was lusted TO the crack while he had Ylem Aura and got bountied for raiding. I didn't do -anything- to Bloodloch at that point but the bounty stood when I brought it up. And don't give me the 'that's because I play Eza as a superior vampire stuff'. Everyone knew I wasn't raiding, knew why I was there, but the letter of the law said you -could- bounty me so your city did and you upheld it.

The entire system is such a farce I'm really close to starting to bounty everyone that comes past Approaching Enorian. Per the letter of the law, it would be perfectly legal for me to bounty everyone that takes the east exit of clouds or comes to visit the tear.

I agree with most of the people that say the exterminator started it, they don't get to end it when they get tired of it. If you start something, be prepared to back it up or make reparations. I hate this mindset in Aetolia that you can force your RP on other people (through exterminations, PK, whatever) and if the tide gets turned on you then foul is cried. If you're going to play the antagonist, then you should be prepared for the consequences of that action.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Angroth
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Antagonist*
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    edited June 2014
    Just for personal knowledge; am I missing any from the list? Or are any of these wrong? (gnt/gt channels respectively for each guild)

Oblates, Sentaari. Scouts, Sentinels. Pages, Templars. Dehaken, Indorani. Embers, Luminaries. Smallscale (still skeptical about this, but it's what I was told <.<), Syssin. Recruits, Carnifex. Initiates, Daru. Auxiliars, Cabalists. Aspirants, Bloodborn. Archetypes, Teradrim. Wards, Ascendril. Seekers, Sciomancers. Beyami, Shamans.
  • IngramIngram Alaska
    Elyni said:

Just for personal knowledge; am I missing any from the list? Or are any of these wrong? (gnt/gt channels respectively for each guild)

Oblates, Sentaari. Scouts, Sentinels. Pages, Templars. Dehaken, Indorani. Embers, Luminaries. Smallscale (still skeptical about this, but it's what I was told <.<), Syssin. Recruits, Carnifex. Initiates, Daru. Auxiliars, Cabalists. Aspirants, Bloodborn. Archetypes, Teradrim. Wards, Ascendril. Seekers, Sciomancers. Beyami, Shamans.</p>

Why are you skeptical about what I told you?

Syssin novices = Smallscales.

Official title.
    LimJensenBraeSetneAngroth
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    edited June 2014
    Cause it sounds so dumb. >.>
    Angwe
  • IngramIngram Alaska
    Weeeell if you don't like it, you can make an alt in the Syssin, rise through the ranks, and decree titles the way you think sounds clever or smart.
    JensenAngrothIosyne
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Elyni said:

Cause it sounds so dumb. >.>

It's not -quite- as bad as 'Tenderpaw' that the Bahkatu had. Close, but not quite.

LimXavin
  • @Ingram‌ :

Well-played. True Syssin.
  • Are Horkvali normally based on any sort of insect? Ants, beetles, etc.? Or is there a pretty decent range of choices like kelki have?