Short Questions

Comments

• So what's the deal with Bombcrafting? I don't hear anything about it, and there's no information that I can find on the wiki, in-game, or on the forums about it?

Is it actually used? Is it even usable at all?
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Oh yeah, it's useable. Someone used it at a lesser a few weeks ago to much hilarity. It's not terribly practical though, more something silly to muck around with than anything terribly functional.

Ishin
  • When I get bored and start making grenades to throw, -everyone- near me remembers Bombcrafting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

OmeiAryanne
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    So with the minor giftbag prize chance... is that proc'd when the giftbag is claimed or purchased, or when it is unwrapped?
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Purchased/claimed.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Demarcus: When it is claimed/purchase goes through

• edited May 2014
    Rape jokes are never acceptable. -Omei

I have a short question, can you enter bardic and artisinal at the same time? I was going to enter Imperian's but it wasn't keeping my attention, I might enter Aetolia's though.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    What a way to reintroduce yourself to the community after being gone so long.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    StathanKnickAlice
  • edited May 2014
    I mean, I'm not anyone important but uh, please don't make rape jokes. It is not cool.

Edit: In fact, please just remove rape from your vocabulary if it is referring to anything other than the crime itself.
    ArekaStathanDamarielOmeiAliceDemarcusHaernRivasLianca
  • Also, I read something in an announce post about werecreatures getting a debuff the longer they're mutated for, but I can't find any references to it in help files and it's not showing up under defenses. Is that still a feature and if so, am I missing anything about understanding it?
    Continuing on the giftbags, is the minor giftbag prize in addition to the regular long-shot odds of getting a minor artifact as detailed in HELP GIFTBAGS?
    Stathan
    Anyone who might have been around in early early days of the game, talking 2002, and Enorian, willing to try to help me with something?

I made a spreadsheet tracking Templar/Paladin GM, and am now working on one for Enorian for the different herald/whatever and vanguard seats, but early game newsposts are really not helpful (usually just track elections, but these election results can't be everything because then there'd be 8 city council positions at once). I could use help untangling/making sense of this.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    There was a series of CHELPs that Daskalos (I think) started and I continued that traced out, like, all of Enorian's history. Paris put them into a book for me and we put it in the Eno library. If it's still there, that should be pretty helpful.
    I'll have to go dig those up. There's really weird gaps where I'm going "wait wait when did X get elected that they're now being replaced" and not finding a corresponding newspost :x. It's happening a lot. Lot lot lot.
    edited May 2014
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/196ujhLqJTJyaYoF4Wqxc_1lkm0u_ZCYtDgSOQoQ7-ZQ/edit?usp=sharing

OK. So I have it somewhat narrowed down, found one book in Eno library.

So the holes are currently highlighted in red. Anyone have any inkling as to who/what/why/when happened in these gaps?

Edit: Eventually I aim to have a sheet for every guild and city (except bahi and bahkatu because I can't troll all of their news)
  • Did aetolia implement anything like vialbelts or elixir rift, or do we still need to carry around many vials?
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    edited May 2014
    Vials for days, bro. Vials for WEEKS.

Edit: I have 176 vials on me right now and I'm running, at least I consider it to be so, a bit light.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    DemarcusInfin
  • I don't remember how you make gold in this game. Bashing creatures don't just drop gold?
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Knick said:

I don't remember how you make gold in this game. Bashing creatures don't just drop gold?

They do. You can also do gold quests or do shopkeeping stuff or vermin hunting or other services. But bashing is the primary source I think.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Stathan
    Haven said:

Knick said:

I don't remember how you make gold in this game. Bashing creatures don't just drop gold?

They do. You can also do gold quests or do shopkeeping stuff or vermin hunting or other services. But bashing is the primary source I think.
    Don't expect to be making bank from bashing until endgame. Once you learn some quests, you can do fairly decently even as a newbie, but learning/solving those quests is a different story.

The fun thing is I find myself learning new ones almost every week! Of course, I forget just as many in the same amount of time or less... so...

• AHHHHHHHHHH, What Cures Hubris? as nothing is on help cures concoctions/reanimation :/
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Bellwort. 'Overwhelming pride'. It's an anxiety.

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Also castorite slices for undead.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited May 2014
    @Nalor: Bellwort (one of the anxieties)

• Aye, overwhelm pride on the help scroll ... but the anxietie shows as hubris! :/
    Nalor said:

Aye, overwhelm pride on the help scroll ... but the anxietie shows as hubris! :/

Hubris means prideful.
    havenbanner2
    Stathan
  • no hubris means hubris @haven ... the aff it gives is hubris but on help scrolls its different so confused me
    Areka
  • He means that hubris means "prideful" in the English language.

i am rapture coder
    Haven
    Rashar said:

Pretty sure English isn't his first language.
    havenbanner2
    Demarcus