Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• There's a lot of stuff 'coming soon', most of it from the previous administration.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Katszia
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I'm so full of a black, seething kind of rage right now for a few certain people. God help you.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Calipso
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Toz said:
    There's a lot of stuff 'coming soon', most of it from the previous administration.

I figure it all gets done when it gets done. Part of the fun and satisfaction is the anticipation. Plus, I know when they take their time we're going to get quality releases instead of trash. I mean, could you imagine if Albedos was just some giant ripoff of Meropis? Yikes. Nobody would want to live there.

IIRC, Albedos will be our new home! Do you want some prefab plywood Habitat for Humanity home, or do you want a multi-million dollar mansion with waterfront property, pools and hot tubs akin to IronCon, a paintball arena, sprawling forests and fields for hunting, a giant lake for fishing, a mall for shopping, fiber optic interwebs connections, and an awesome night life? (I think I hit something for everyone...)

Katszia
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I like living in Old Town. :(
  • The connection I'm on right now..

I try and attend lessers, and I end up so backed up with lag that I'm still trying to cure things literally 30 seconds or a minute after dying.

Woe is me.

DemarcusIshin
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Okay, this might just be me but this is such a large pet peeve of mine. When I'm roleplaying with someone and the characters are all drinking.. and someone responds to the mechanical drunk spam of falling over.

I really hate that, I'm so sorry. It cuts into the drinking roleplay and marks the end of it by commenting that someone is too 'drunk' to continue. I just find it tacky. Now if the person is -vomiting- then, yeah.. hard to ignore that. Anyone else feel the same or am I the only one that outright ignores the falling spam?
    ArbreAryanneKatsziaLin
  • Nope, I'm there with you. Address is once, then move on, if that. Should they be sitting or being hugged, and they mechanic says they fall, don't be like "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"

IshinAryannePiper
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Demarcus said:
    Toz said:
    There's a lot of stuff 'coming soon', most of it from the previous administration.

I figure it all gets done when it gets done. Part of the fun and satisfaction is the anticipation. Plus, I know when they take their time we're going to get quality releases instead of trash. I mean, could you imagine if Albedos was just some giant ripoff of Meropis? Yikes. Nobody would want to live there.

IIRC, Albedos will be our new home! Do you want some prefab plywood Habitat for Humanity home, or do you want a multi-million dollar mansion with waterfront property, pools and hot tubs akin to IronCon, a paintball arena, sprawling forests and fields for hunting, a giant lake for fishing, a mall for shopping, fiber optic interwebs connections, and an awesome night life? (I think I hit something for everyone...)

I swear to god if we don't get paintball arena's now I will be livid.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Rivas
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Not being told you've screwed up so you have a chance to correct it, instead making you feel like a complete ass even though you had no clue what was wrong to begin with.

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Moirean said:
    Haven said:
    Honestly, the only problem I have with that line of RP is the fact that quest lines and bashing areas are extremely disproportionally distributed throughout the game for our various factions. It'd be one thing if we had tons of areas to choose from with competitive experience/gold gains alongside an abundance of zones aligned to each individual city to be protected but the fact of the matter is we don't.

So while I can acknowledge and respect the IC/storyline aspect of these cases for either side, as a player, I cannot help but grit my teeth or roll my eyes because well unicorn, what other option do we players have?
    Yeah, it's about as lame as a PKer jumping non-comms just because they are a member of a city someone's created a one-sided make-believe war with.
    Hmm, if that was a shot at me,  I can't quite tell if you're just ignorant of all the facts and details in the roleplay or if you're just trying to be manipulative OOC for whatever reason. Whatever the case, that's not the gist of it. :-B
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I think more what she's saying, Havenbro, is to keep your shit outside Spines lol.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • IngramIngram Alaska
    edited March 2014
    Oh wait, is this about Haven going after Ingram?

I'm a non-combatant, strictly speakin', but Ingram toooootally had that coming. If there was ever anyone he antagonized, tried to push past the breaking point, it is Haven. It was super duper way more than just being a Spirean.

If that's what all this is about.

Edit: "Strictly speaking" lel. I'm godawful and balls at it, any kind of speaking
    BenedictoIshinAryanne
    Ingram said:
    Oh wait, is this about Haven going after Ingram?

I'm a non-combatant, strictly speakin', but Ingram toooootally had that coming. If there was ever anyone he antagonized, tried to push past the breaking point, it is Haven. It was super duper way more than just being a Spirean.

If that's what all this is about.

Edit: "Strictly speaking" lel. I'm godawful and balls at it, any kind of speaking
    He was jumping other non-comms - not on the city council, mind you, just Spireans - to try to manipulate Spinesreach's government into handing you over. Just walking around. Attacking random noncomms and sending buttloads of tells about his justification. Newsflash: just because you have a big long pseudo-RP reason for it, you can't just jump random people just because they belong to an org. 
    Ishin
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

But... if he had a long RP for it wouldn't that justify it? I mean, I'm sure if you came out and said 'I'll fight you' he wouldn't of gone to the lengths he went, but you dodged him, so he struck you where he could. It seems to me like you set yourself up for this... As long as he's not griefing anyone, I'm not sure I see the issue.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Ishin
    edited March 2014
    He wants to fight Ingram. He ended up running away and phasing when I tried to fight him. RP doesn't work to justify random PK on uninvolved people just because they are the same members of an org, especially when neither of them are even on the council. That'd be like me randomly jumping Didi because I'm pissy about something Emelle did, citing "They are both from Enorian and thus I am forcing Enorian to respond." It is asinine and flagrantly violates PK rules.
    Ishin

Uh...

Roleplay-based deaths
    ---------------------
    While a roleplayed motive can be a reason to attack another player, it is not carte blanche to kill whomever you want with impunity. EVERYONE is presumed to be playing a role in Aetolia, and those who violently inflict their roleplaying on others are subjected to a much higher standard.

Your role defines your motives, not the other way around. If it's not clear to others that you are immersed in a role, then you effectively aren't. The burden is on you to demonstrate that your aggression is in-character, not only at the time of a fight, but constantly through your character's everyday behavior, habits and speech. See HELP ROLEPLAYING for more information.

Again, as long as he's not griefing people I don't see the issue because Haven -has- played the overreacting role for well over a year now (forest burning, anyone?).   You, as a leader, have an option to tell Ingram to man up and fight. Or, get a big ass group of your citizens and go Haven hunting. There -are- options other than issue\forum whine.

"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Rowena
    edited April 2014
    Personal attack. Don't do this.
  • It kinda sounds like both parties here need to step back and chill, and drop this issue. Getting a bit hot.
    PerilunaAryanne
  • Every single time I come back, be it for an extended period (like now) or just a short while, it takes me forever to remember how to buy slices. BUY HEART. BUY HEARTSLICE. BUY SLICE (wrong slice).

Then, I feel like a noob because I have to ask either on GT or CT How2buySlice

Katszia
  • MaghakMaghak The heights of Stormcaller Crag
    Moirean is correct so far as I am aware. Deciding you are the enemy of an organisation does not explicitly give you the right to openly PK every member of that organisation. If it did, raiding would not be a specific circumstance covered by our rules. Whether or not Haven's specific roleplay choices allow him to expand his PK right from those who can unenemy him to the entire org is another matter and one I'm not particularly equipped to comment on.

With all that said, please cease sniping at each other before I have to put my scary mod yellow on yet again.
    Ishin
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Can we update it to Scary Mod Chartreuse? 
    Arbre
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I'd like a nice sinister mod orange-red, only because it would match the website. Also the Redditors in our playerbase would immediately pay attention.

Also I have a rage: I wish there was a nice way to say to someone that it's hard to roleplay with them because in the time they produce a 3-line emote, you can go to the convenience store for a snack with time to spare.
    KatsziaVeovis
    edited March 2014
    When you are told to drop a topic, please do so. I really don't want to close this thread. ~ Maghak.

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Move on.
    Teani
  • MaghakMaghak The heights of Stormcaller Crag
    edited March 2014
    This really is not a topic relevant to the Rage thread. May I suggest opening a new thread to house the discussion?

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    edited March 2014
    Seriously, I said stop. Continuing after this point will be asking for a time out from the forums. Take personal disputes to PMs or take it to a new thread - the choice is yours. ~ Maghak
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    BraydenDaskalos
    edited March 2014
    I rage at timezones. Certain people (@benedicto) are always so hard to mesh times with.
    SolariaPiperBenedictoEmelle
    Rage: People dropping piety all over Ciem and then teaming people who path through on their way to Saluria for "defending."
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    According to 'help Ciem', the area is only Open PK during raids. So if there's a raid going, don't go there.
    There was an active raid going on. 

This discussion has been closed.