Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited February 2014
    Create some way to go around the withdrawal limit for a guildmaster. 100k is chump change, especially when you consider that building a room costs 250k. I dread the next shop auction if I want to buy one on behalf of my guild. That's like a week of bugging secretaries every day to each withdraw money. Some ideas:

- Bump it up to 500k
    - Allow room construction to be withdrawn directly from a guild's account
    - Allow remote approval by like 3 secretaries, instead of making them come withdraw manually, to override the 100k limit.
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited February 2014

Moirean said:
    Create some way to go around the withdrawal limit for a guildmaster. 100k is chump change, especially when you consider that building a room costs 250k. I dread the next shop auction if I want to buy one on behalf of my guild. That's like a week of bugging secretaries every day to each withdraw money. Some ideas:

- Allow room construction to be withdrawn directly from a guild's account
    I really like this option. It makes it a lot more transparent where the gold is going, too.

An idea of my own:

It saddens me that everyone's wolfform looks the exact same with black fur and red eyes. I don't think it should be as variable as a lycan's form, obviously, but maybe like, pelt/eye-colour? I dunno.

imageimage
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    edited February 2014

Since it has no coded impact at all, I don't see why we couldn't DESCRIBE WOLFFORM SELF and DESCRIBE BATFORM SELF. It isn't like you can DO anything in those forms anyway, and it would be neat for RP.

Addendum: Beyond the obvious workload on the coders, but as far as the gamebreakingness level of it is concerned, I'm pretty sure it hovers somewhere around 0 to -3.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

RiluoEmelle
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Aetolia went through a brief period of leaders constantly robbing organizations, hence why the limit was put in. The inconvenience IMO is well worth negating the threat of all your gold vanishing.
  • @Ezalor - Which is why I really like the 'have things take funds directly from your org's account' idea for things like org building commands. Because those are cost-heavy things, at least three withdraws for one room at the higher end of things, but they're things you do as an org-leader at times.
    imageimage
    edited February 2014
    I understand why the limit was put in. I was one of the GMs who got burned by a lame alt secretary just yoinking 10 million gold. Thing is, the *guildmaster* should be able to take out higher amounts. There's no limit on them moving credits, and that's potentially WAY more valuable.

Also, it's a bit wonky since it's not consistent. As a CL, I can withdraw millions in 3 commands, and that's a privilege given to me by default, and THAT withdrawal is far less easy to even see, since it's tucked away in revlog and obfuscated by multiple transfers.
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Could we get more cookware?  Like a frying pan perhaps?  Also could crafting skills get non required accessory tools for flair?  such as a leather kniferoll, spatula, big wooden spoons, ect... for cooking.  So I could coook # <design> in <cookware> on/in/over with <accessory/none>

Could give the accessories a cool little tacked on cooking message

Moirean
    A few tools and maybe even a generic "tool" template would be great. Also a knife option for forging and jewelcraft with a few extra synonyms (stiletto, etc).
    Jensen
  • I'd say add it as alts to the dagger template in forging?

Something like 'cutlery' with a basic spoon/fork/spatchula/ alternate, prob. in jewelcraft would be boss, too.

imageimage
    I said template alternatives because a dagger is a combat weapon and changing its keyword could maybe have combat implications. That said, I doubt they'd be big ones.
    Increase the decay time of crossbows. Less than 2 RL weeks seems verging on buggy, and it's a real headache to monitor having one, on top of all the other Sentinel resources.

Increase the decay time of gauntlets. They are rather short as well.

Let people mount a crossbow on a ylem gauntlet, or at least on the artifact version to alleviate some of this upkeep and item management.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    No glove no love.
    Iosyne
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Both my gauntlet and crossbow have a decay time in excess of 30 months. Maybe you're purchasing a lower quality product?

• Just going to put it out there. 

Syssin.
    HydraForm. 
    Areka
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    edited February 2014
    Wanna give us something to do? Three words.

Randomly.

Generated.

Dungeons.

Maybe make the reward a cache of temporary artifacts that last for, like, an RL day before disappearing (or something). You could easily tie the reward's strength to the 'level' of the dungeon (traps, mob strength, ect). Maybe make them instanced so there's one artifact per person who enters? Make teamwork a priority for them, so different classes have a chance to shine.

Obviously, this would be a big project.

PS: Maybe sometimes the reward could be something so simple and intangible as, saaaaay.... a bit of hidden Aetolian lore that Someone deemed ready to release? That could set off some of the planned events y'all come up with off in interesting and unexpected ways.

Imagine: Macavity & Co. stumble across Huwald's Horn and the body of Owal Seluno while plumbing some random dungeon. What happens now? Who claims it? How do they decide that, and how do they decide to use this bit of leverage they now have over the Sentinels? What might the possible effects of having this artifact be?

Something like this could go so many different ways and could have implications for different factions within each Organization before the Sentinels even find out about it.

And now I'm all excited and I'll be up all damn night.
    Serrice said:
    Both my gauntlet and crossbow have a decay time in excess of 30 months. Maybe you're purchasing a lower quality product?
    Bought mine from the Sent tutor and guild shop, so the guild should probably sort that out.
    edited February 2014
    Proprietor: Prideleader Angwe Arcan, Claw of Iol'Spaigh.
    --------(Item)------(Description)-------------------------------(Stock)-
    (Price)
    The shop attendant smiles warmly, showing that you are especially welcome.

[Weaponry & Armor]
         crossbow222792 a wrist-mounted crossbow (23/16/0)                3   
    320gp [B] [P] [WP]
    You can see 303 item(s) being sold in this location.

Far smaller than full-sized bows of its kind, this crossbow favors speed and
    convenience over power. Crafted from sturdy hickory, the dramatic lights and
    darks of the hardwood are the bow's natural colorations, and there are no
    aesthetic additions to this highly-complex device. Designed to be attached to
    a modified gauntlet, the crossbow responds via a small loop activated by the
    sheathed fingers, permitting the user to fire bolts with no additional
    assistance from his or her other hand. Of particular interest, the limbs of
    the bow are hinged, permitting the user to unlock and fold them flush against
    the arm for rapid concealment within a long sleeve.
    It can be worn in the following locations:
    shoulder                    back
    It has 12 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 20 pound(s).
    You may use the following commands with this weapon:

[5170(100%)|4042(100%)|0|100%|100%|57.7%|R:3|S:100%] [H
    No clue why, we got all these from @Aarbrok, who'd just made them (or so you told me!) This was right after Tracking came out, so there may have been some bugginess going on with the crossbow decay time?
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited February 2014
    @Moirean Those were made before they had made a change to Decay time.  Previously fletchcraft offered a decay time of 12 months.  
    I issued myself since then, and was informed it would be adjusted since to 30 Months as its a much more actively used tool for Sentinel now.

Should be changed on new ones AFAIK, I thought I had told you.  Maybe not, sorry @Angwe
    Those were just made before the changes.
    Because I was the one that requested the changes after I made that batch.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    While I want the above soooo much, I can see the potential of some finding it annoying, much like the amount of stupid shouting matches that have been going on recently has made me consider turning shouts off for the first time in a few RL years. Perhaps adding an ON/OFF to listening to this too could be an option to get around it?

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I want an artifact book where the pages work like fireworks only sans exploding. This would be neat. 
    ErzsebetMoirean
  • @Teani Should be far less of a problem with a five-room range. Big enough to be effective and awesome for purposes like the above, small enough that it'll be at least moderately hard to hit random people with it, unless you're using it at super public places.

I know I've whined about this in places already, and I know it's not super game-changing or game-breaking, but:

Wolfform!
    -I'd like to be able to follow people. If not people-people, other wolfformed people, at least.
    -GNT, GWHO, CWHO, HWHO --haven't checked these as to if they're not working in it, but if they don't, Newbie and Market, too.
    -While I'd be totally fine with Ashmer's suggestion of a full wolf description that'd let us change everything about our wolfness, because awesome, I'd totally also be fine with a version that only allows you to change your pelt colour and your eye-colour, if the former isn't viable for some reason.
    - Scent/Leap, assuming you already have them as a racial skill?
    imageimage
    Riluo
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Clearly I'm the only one who likes to use YELL NONSTOP.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Aishia: Yelling "Hey, I'm knocking on this door here, which belongs to person x's house. Anyone home?" is not quite as subtle as a 5 room reach of an emote of you knocking on the right door. And yelling out the sound of furniture breaking in a brawl doesn't quite have the same effect.

Angwe
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Aishia said:
    Clearly I'm the only one who likes to use YELL NONSTOP.
    I yell all the time too! :D
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    idk seems kinda janky to me. does sound cool but at the same time, is it going to be in standard emote style, or can you just throw your name in there anywhere? Think it comes off kinda potentially abusive or annoying.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Can we get a simple deaths version of deathsight added?

Example:
    Mazzion has slain Ezalor. (Feed)
    They were assisted by: Murad

¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Draiman
  • Aish: I'd say standard emoting stuff for it'd be fine?

Be like:

A(rea)mote knocks loudly on the pine door, in a somewhat incessant fashion, pausing for a moment to holler, "Hello? You home, Haven?" only to resume banging on the door.

Everyone else'd see: Erzsebet knocks loudly on the pine door, in a somewhat incessant fashion, pausing for a moment to holler, "Hello? You home, Haven?" only to resume banging on the door.
    imageimage
    RiluoAngwe