Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    With an excited quivering of your <heart>, you join the Congregation of Areka and receive your complimentary bottle of tequila and model hammer. 
    Jensen
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    "Auresae always said the heart was a gift, and she didn't care if I served her! BUT IT STILL HURTS."
  • @aishia Come visit Rashar. We'll drink absurd amounts of whiskey and feel sorry for ourselves.

If @amberlea doesn't dump my keg out again. ( Just kidding. Love you and stuff. )
  • Xenia said:
    I try to stay upbeat and generally positive about things but it's pretty disheartening when I find out that another class (this time Scios and Ascendril) are going to get revamps before Carnifex. My understanding was we were after Sentinels. I guess my anguish is there not being any sort of formal explanation about whats going on with the class or when to expect a change. 

Also 1v1 does make me make this face a little (a lot) ----- > D:
    Just keep in mind that the stuff Scios and Ascendril are getting this round is just a micro-revamp, really. Just some patches to lower reliance on retardation and give a few different options. They'll still be the same classes at core.

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    You must be aligned with a city to enter the Hunting Grounds.

I want to play too. :(
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Haven said:
    You must be aligned with a city to enter the Hunting Grounds.

I want to play too. :(
    I know a city you can join.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

EzalorJensenDagan
  • Yeah. Let's put more PKers in Bloodloch.

Big giant meh. :)
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Pfft. Haven's better at dying that killing.
    ArbreAryanneDagan
  • I had 2 pk alts in Duiran and got told I couldn't participate in pk because I was a dirty alt. No pity!

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Infin
  • What Ashmer said.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• edited January 2014
    Toz said:
    I had 2 pk alts in Duiran and got told I couldn't participate in pk because I was a dirty alt. No pity!
    Who the heck told you that? /me stare

Edit: If you wanna pk alt in duiran, pk alt in duiran. I know I at least have some modicum of faith in people's ability to -not- metagame crap.

AarbrokArbrePerilunaKatszia
    edited January 2014
    Rashar said:
    Yeah. Let's put more PKers in Bloodloch.

Big giant meh. :)

Psh, I was going to tell him to go to Duiran. Assuming makes an ass out of... nevermind.

Edit: But for real Haven, don't quit the Light. BLESSED BE, BROTHER.

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    edited January 2014
    Sarita said:
    Pfft. Haven's better at dying that killing.
    Fighting the best of what the game has to offer ain't easy but I'll get to top-tier! One day. I hope.

[spoiler]
    Edit: Despite the general teasing and joking around, I don't think I'll ever bring Haven over to Bloodloch any time soon RP aside if only because it's more fun to fight against them. I really want to try out the Teradrim and Praenomen classes but I think I'll just alt or something for that whenever I manage to get the motivation. When I look at the amount of opponents I have as a Lighter I see this:

1. Ashmer
    2. Ezalor
    3. Feichin
    4. Draiman
    5. Exzuryx
    6. Zsadist
    7. Catty (though she might be Spinesreach, not sure)
    8. Ilyon
    9. Ison
    10. Cariv
    11. Lyl
    12. Jeromy
    13. Rammus
    14. Mazzion
    15. Xiuhcoatl
    16. Israafiyl

plus whichever noncom/new combatant/whatever decides to tag along for the fight. And this is just Bloodloch to start and not counting the numbers Spinesreach can pool. Whereas if I were to rejoin the dark side, I'm looking at a far more limited combat pool of opponents who fight on a consistent/frequent basis:

1. Daskalos
    2. Valingar
    3. Aishia
    4. Plato
    5. Ezreal if he's not on his main character
    6. Jami

And I think that's it since I've been back that I've noticed and seen fight on a frequent/regular basis. And this is both Enorian and Duiran combined. So yeah, I think I'm staying Lighter if only for the variety and larger pool of opponents to practice/fight against. Not really sure where all the fighters or so went but that's not my business. (This is not a knock on the Lighter side or anything. Just stating what is as far as I've noticed it. I'm also a rogue so take what I say with a grain of salt.)
    [/spoiler]
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Xavin said:
    Toz said:
    I had 2 pk alts in Duiran and got told I couldn't participate in pk because I was a dirty alt. No pity!
    Who the heck told you that? /me stare

Edit: If you wanna pk alt in duiran, pk alt in duiran. I know I at least have some modicum of faith in people's ability to -not- metagame crap.
    I always wondered why your alts didn't do more stuff, I would joke with you on skype about metagaming but I know you wouldn't.  I have a guess who would bring that kind of stuff in game though.... *Helps Xavin Staredown*
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    edited January 2014

Veovis said:
    Moirean said:
    I'm just bummed that we can't just be left alone until whenever the revamp comes and now even our cool RP mechanics like the hanging trees are being jacked.
    That's terrisad. Carnifex seem like a class with a lot of awesome potential, and I'd totally at least apprentice if I could see Veovis adapting at all to the military style of the guild, because the RP atmosphere seems top notch. 

You don't need to adapt to the military style at all.  I am the worst Carnifex ever and I love it.  The RP of the guild is -amazing-.

Aishia said:
    Heaving a heavy sigh, you callously reject the patronage of Auresae.
    My heart. :<

Yeah.  I'm still crying over it and afraid to join another Order for fear They'll steal my Aure-essence-tattoos.  ;;
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    edited January 2014
    Moirean said:
    I'm just bummed that we can't just be left alone until whenever the revamp comes and now even our cool RP mechanics like the hanging trees are being jacked.

You shout insults at other cities ("the next time you say something intelligent will be the first time something intelligent has come from Enorian"), you constantly antagonize, ("We're going to slaughter all the <insert village here>").

You'll be left alone when you stop trying to act like a BA and then hauling to your clouds 10 million times.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

As much as I do not have an administrative fun color, until sparkles is permitted.

I think enough is enough. 
  • God. Just kiss already or something.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

AarbrokXavinTeani
  • Toz said:
    God. Just kiss already or something.
    Don't think the word you're looking for is kiss.

Haven said:
    1. Ashmer

Awh. <3 I have to say it makes my night when I log in and the first thing I see is 'Haven's voice resonates across the land, "Fight me."'

I rage at RPing instead of doing ANYTHING that I was planning on doing tonight. Oh well. TOMORROW, THINE UNFINISHED CONGREGATION FILES. TOMORROW YOU SHALL PERISH.

Aaaand the RP was really unicornsing unicornsity unicorns (more unicorns) unicornsiliciously awesome.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited January 2014
    You were told to drop it. Drop it. ~ Maghak.
    Two different rages:

People metagaming to get into guildhalls for library books, using skype to plead for information on how to get in, so they can expand their personal library and guild item collections.

People who live with people with alts who may or may not know something your character has done, then having that character who you have not spoke to in 2 RL years be like, Hey I heard you did something to an Atabahi guild denizen, Im in Enorian now, there is no way I should know what the hell you are doing.  If I have one of you ignored, I should have likely had the other one.  Welcome back to the game I guess >.>
    Piper
  • I had something for this, but I got so distracted by your sig I completely forgot what it was.
    An unseen presence whispers in your ear, "Bite the pillow, friend."
    Cannan
  • Got a hunting boon token in a cryptic chest. Already have hunt_luminary(1) on my bracers-of-multiple-powers, so I sent Raz a message asking if I could use the token to upgrade to level 2 (since it's the same cost to upgrade from 1 to 2 that it is to buy 1 outright).

Message #170   Sent By: Razmael         Received On: 1/29/2014/6:58
    "Hunting token is only eligible for the level 1 power, sorry!"

...well thanks, I guess, for the thing that has my mark on it and can't sell, and that I apparently can't use. I don't bash in any class but Luminary. Kiiiinda sucks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Could always get a boon and then trade it in. Better than just having it sit there.
  • edited January 2014
    Fair point, and you're not the first person to tell me that very good idea. Just sorta sucks that I have to do something that almost feels like gaming the system (the token itself can't be traded in), y'know?

Edit: I'm sure that it's supposed to encourage me to use the token for another class or something, which is all about encouraging the player to spend money on artifacts for more than one class...but I'm basically having to find a weird workaround for a token that I got from a RL-money-purchased chest. I already spent the money, in essence. Harumph.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    flakebre strikes again
  • Building an affliction tracking system that accounts for salve applications. Like seriously, what the hell is with salves, THEY JUST DON'T FOLLOW THE RULES.

I honestly feel sorry for anyone trying to build one, I've got a bit of a leg up in that I don't need to go through find out all the nuisances, but jebus all mighty... There goes two hours and that was just coding. Not even done with restoration yet.
  • People realizing that shield spam is basically immunity from lycan.

Knowing that other classes can build stacks just as fast as, or faster than, lycan offense without having to deal with parry

The fact that if you just focus your defense on your arms lycan is impossible to really beat you with.

Because howls require you break so much at once there is only one right combo... Otherwise you can completely ignore half of the affs

Prerestore is such easymode to do if you program your system to do it when the lycan is off balance

I can hold someone down for 3 minutes straight after finally breaking their arms working on getting various rips and they aren't dead yet. One mistake and you lose, after holding them helpless for so long. Other classes win if they get 30 seconds ahead of you.

I know lycan changes are "coming soon", but bleh I'm just not having fun at all.
    Rawr
    IrruelTeani
This discussion has been closed.