Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• @slyphe I already signed it over, man. 

Super sad poopy face. I promise to do something spectacular and make you love at me again someday. :(

• Discovering I'm in two different clans and have had cltoff for the last two years or something.
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    edited January 2014
    There just seems to be too much going on OOCly for some IC stuff to seem important. I don't want to flake, obviously, but I also kinda want to kick at people that are holding me to time restrictions that aren't working with my work/personal life schedule. Some of us are already working on overtime here, folks. Don't overload us.
    BraydenRivasArbreCannan
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    @Piper - I've long had a rule that if the game becomes too much, walk away. We love you, but RL comes first and everyone gets that, and if someone -doesn't- get that, then they need to grow up.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

SolariaIosyneKaleighKatszia
  • Unicornit, @Rashar! Stop quitting all of the organizations you convinced me to join lol
    Rawr
  • :( there are a couple of reasons I did that, and I'm just going to say it wasn't easy.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    You really shouldn't have left altogether though. :(

• PiperPiper Master Crumbs

I don't know what's going on but I don't think anyone likes to be OOCly told that they shouldn't do something that they did ICly. It's hard enough to make a solid decision in the game without people making them feel guilty outside of it. God knows I certainly fume when that happens.

AarbrokBraeAryanneCiarelleArbreHadoryuNola
  • Rashar said:

:( there are a couple of reasons I did thyat, and I'm just going to say it wasn't easy.

Too much Crown?
    Arbre
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    We're probably all guilty of it, with mostly the best, if not kind of passive aggressive, intentions. Someone you're fond of is leaving so you make them feel horrible because you personally feel affected by it. Even someone you've just gotten used to seeing around, or rely on to fit some niche in your world view. Gotta remember people are just doing these things because they're not having fun anymore, or they think they will have more fun in a new situation. Only grief them mildly. >_>
    ArbreHadoryu
  • I feel like a lot of people are making an assumption that I quit based off of something specific that happened recently, and that really isn't the case. Which yeah, makes what @piper said even more true.
    Aarbrok
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    My advice, have fun!

It is your game to play, no one elses.  I agree with @Piper, and wish you a great time in your RP and Endeavors @Rashar
    NeithanFerrik
  • eep... sorry, I didn't mean it to seem like something actually negative <3 sometimes my playfulness backfires!
    Rawr
    Teani
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    The credit market is so expensive. Like, last year, credits were as low as 4,000 gold per, now it's twice that much. Either the top end gold drops from mobs/quests should be lowered or there should be more ways to spend gold.

:(
    HavenKatszia
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Or people should quit Cleoing the market.
    SolariaArekaXavinDaganRivasKatszia
  • Arbre said:
    Or people should quit Cleoing the market.
    Yeah, that's pretty much the problem. It's stuff like this:

51 credits at  8499 gold per credit.
         100 credits at  8748 gold per credit.
         100 credits at  8774 gold per credit.
          49 credits at  8799 gold per credit.
         500 credits at  8888 gold per credit.
           1 credits at 64999 gold per credit.

that are the problem. I mean, seriously. 65k for a single credit? That's seriously some screwed up crap.

Katszia
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I want to say it's also the monthly promotion - people aren't -buying- credits so there isn't a flood for the market, neither is there a credit auction to flesh it out. 
    DaskalosMoireanEzalor
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    If you look at the average price though, it's only like 5500, people are not actually BUYING them for that much.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I still think there's too much gold sitting in the game right now. I know of at least one person sitting on close to 15,000,000 gold (that's right. Million.) and others who are millionaires if not multimillionaires. This is not org money either, it's personal funds.

Our game economy is pretty whacked out and could use a good overhaul. That's not to say these people shouldn't exist but there isn't much to spend money on. I know I can get by well enough on 50,000 and I fight and spend recklessly in the game.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Aetolians unite against the 1%!
    HavenSetneArbreKatszia
    edited January 2014
    Several of us hoard for gold auctions/shop auctions in Delos, but I agree, there's not enough *useful* or *appealing* gold sinks. The amulets from the mist vendors are nice (although moot when they don't stack with artifacts, which limits which I would buy and the frequency). Hopefully Factions will provide some neat stuff - faction-only minipets would be fantastic, and mounts, and trophy long-decay things that do cool cosmetic things when invested in, etc. Special clubs/shops with unique ingredients that you have to pay a membership fee for ("Sorry Areka, you haven't paid your dues. Seek out Administrator Tora and settle your account, then come back.") Special faction-only useable designs would be neat as well (like base designs), though I'm not sure how that would work out. '

Edit: Could pay for bank upgrades to handle things from the account with spending thresholds before it stops (library dues, safety deposit boxes, link different shops/vendors to your account so they can apply directly so there's more point to stockpiling in the bank rather than carrying everything post-interest-threshold in your pack). 

Ijustwantfactionssoexcited. 
    PiperHavenDaskalos
    @Areka: I like some of those ideas. However, the game would also need to see a gold output reduction coupled with more bashing areas/quests/instances for it all to work smoothly and fairly, I think.
    havenbanner2
    In part - gold output's a tricky slope (questing output vs vermin ouput vs how much gold you can make at what level in regards to hunting area). I know it was tough to save up for curatives/enchantments/vials/equipment for a while, while I was still leveling, but post-endgame it's a breeze and you can really begin to stockpile. 

I'd say that the curve of earnings-by-level needs to be looked at as well. I'd also be interested to see what spending habits actually are/a survey of who spends what where and in what volume. I know I have two mill on Areka, but I also drop several hundred thousand at a time on commodities to restock the Armoury (fully restocking it is over two thousand steel alone, which means the commodity market's really important - back when it was 200+g per steel, things would cost more to make than many were willing to pay).
    Haven
  • I dunno, I feel like making gold isn't hard but it's not this breeze where you can turn around in a week and have several million gold.

Some people can really grind/have mastered the money quests which helps with stockpiling. Meanwhile, half of my money is from two IG decades of shop profits (and really pushing the shop). 
    Periluna
  • Areka said:
    Some people can really grind/have mastered the money quests which helps with stockpiling. Meanwhile, half of my money is from two IG decades of shop profits (and really pushing the shop). 
    I don't doubt that things like that happen. But they're sort of outliers, aren't they?

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Aren't outliers part of the problem? I mean, if a few people can obtain millions of golds in a short timeframe, wouldn't that be enough to increase the market price on credits by a fair amount?
    Xavin said:
    I dunno, I feel like making gold isn't hard but it's not this breeze where you can turn around in a week and have several million gold.
    I don't know about several million gold in a week but one million? I wouldn't say it's too difficult (not exactly a breeze either but could definitely be done comfortably for the most part). Making 250,000 over a weekend if you bash a lot and know the gold quests in the game is very possible post endgame, so I imagine a week, give or take a few days, worth of effort could net a million. I'd do it myself but I abnormally loathe bashing and am relatively content floating around 10k-50k.

Also, what ever happened to uhh...the raid boss group bashing thing we were getting? That looked like a really cool element to make bashing more fun.
    havenbanner2
    Daskalos
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    I accumulated my wealth in the process of bashing from around level 119 to level 150, so it did take a long time, but yeah I have enough gold to keep the credit market permanently screwed if I wanted to (although this current market isn't my doing, I haven't bought a credit in months). Aetolia does rather lack for gold sinks - I think cryptic chests were supposed to help with this but I would 10 out of 10 times rather buy 30 credits at 5000 gold than a cryptic chest.
    RiluoRowenaKatszia
    Yeah, the IG cryptic chests are too expensive for the chance of getting your money's worth, let alone more than that.I'd be more likely to dump gold into them if their price was cut in half. 
    MoireanRowenaKatszia
This discussion has been closed.