Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• Here's my rage. It's prob been done before, and I'm sure a good portion of the forums might disagree, but w/e. I need to do it! Kaeus and Lanira. Dear God do I hate you guys. Not in a hate hate way, but in a "Everything is God's fault" kinda way, where you two are God. Because of your systems being so good, I have a 093850245-235695699 different people I deal with day in and day out who seem to think they are good. WHOA WHOA WHOA DRAIMAN. ARE YOU SAYING YOU'RE GOOD?! Nope. Not at all. But my curing is my own. Most peoples curing is not. Curing is not only just a part of combat, IT'S KINDA IMPORTANT TO IT. So when you're running around with someone elses curing that is top notch claiming to possess any grain of talent, I just can't help but to facepalm. The main excuse I hear is "well combat is all about offense now" Bish no the eff it isn't. Are you on drugs? If that's true, make some macro's and alias's on Java and come at me with first aid! Why do I lose most of my fights? Because my curing is off. My offense is perty good and pretty much cookie cutter for Praenomen. The only difference between me and Ezalor in Praenomen is Ezalor uses paranoia while I opt for indifference as my last whisper because I mean really, wtf cares about either of those affs? They're both being cured/ignored and the only aff we care about is asthma, because you have impatience. You're always going to have impatience (and every other goldenseal aff). Nothing you can really do about that. So if my offense is solid, and my class is as broken/op/strong as I hear people say it is, then why am I losing? I thought curing had nothing to do with it! Does Ezalor jab and I slash, making all the difference?! Or is it my curing? ahmg my head hurts. I bet yours does too, cause I'm rereading this and even I'm getting confused.

Basically if you're on tw/cit I hate you and I think you suck. Yes, coding your own system is something special and more people should do it. At least then if someone said they're better than me I'd accept it. Right now there's like 6-7 people I'm perfectly ok with saying they're better than me. The rest of you are teaming me with Kaeus or Lanira and trying to take all of credit. And teaming is lame.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

XiuhcoatlMoireanNeithanHadoryuArekaBrayden
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Actually, the difference between me and you is that I'm fabulous.
    NeithanOmeiXiuhcoatlIosyneRowenaSlyphePerilunaArbreMaghak
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Ezalor said:
    Actually, the difference between me and you is that I'm fabulous.
    Ok Taric

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    XeniaAreka
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    edited January 2014

@Draiman: That awkward moment when you finally realize Citadel and Tripwire aren't that great.

And I honestly 100% do not intend any offense to their creators, being someone who's sold my own coding on a few occasions.

Also: While I agree with you on a certain level Draiman, I love Tripwire because it's allowed people who otherwise WOULD NOT get into combat to get into combat. It's from that same intention that I've made my curing available to people.

Addendum: I also love Tripwire users because y'all can never seem to set up your sipping and clotting right, and I farm you for Sect Points like you're always in season.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Xiuhcoatl
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Just because we elect to spend our time doing stuff like leading orgs, questing, bashing, crafting, doing merchant things, roleplaying or whatnot instead of coding a system, it doesn't mean we don't know how to fight.
    NeithanXavin
  • Having written around 4 different systems in my time playing, I can say with quite some certainty that anyone who dismisses the knowledge and effort necessary to do so is being rather cheeky.

The notion that you would be just a good a fighter if you weren't using some of the best automated curing available (which you simply assume you could replicate or outdo) is patently wrong. The minutiae associated with getting curing JUST RIGHT, the necessary amount of optimization and forward thinking is easily the biggest challenge Aetolia offers.

That said, let it go, Draiman. This is just how things are done now.
    XiuhcoatlEzalorBraydenDraiman
  • I wish firstaid was as good as Vadi's Achaea system so we could all just play and not worry about it... 
  • I'm just raging Had. Got it all off my chest, got some sleep, and woke up with 0 effs to give.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Haven
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I can code. I know combat theory. I am also the leader of a guild, city and order, and would prefer spending my time playing the game at that level. I don't really care how people rate me as a fighter, I'm just pointing out that people have other reasons for buying a system aside from just being inept or a newb.
    XavinCannan
  • I haven't updated my TW since 2.04. Been manually patching it since - that's more my thing. I like fixing and tinkering, I don't ever end up having the patience for building an entire system.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    I can code, but I honestly prefer coding "support" systems, stuff used to track various aspects that would be a pain/impossible to mentally track.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • I can't freaking stand hearing that people are -already- whining and moaning about how a quote-unquote clique seized power in Duiran. Newsflash, people. No one in Duiran applies for ministry positions or contests for Benandanti spots. No one in Duiran asks about aideship spots. Until you actively contribute or, you know, actually do something other than sit on your thumbs all day, you have no right to complain about people in leadership roles, ESPECIALLY when they have done -nothing- wrong.

ElwynDamonicusPerilunaAarbrokOmeiKatszia
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Rage at me, I guess.  School stress has caused my depression to act out in new and interesting ways, and I didn't realize I needed to stop logging on to Aetolia for awhile until after I'd done crazy shit.  So I'm trying hard to deal with it and not complain and not ask for people to look the other way or anything and then...  Slyphe completely took over my character to blow up Chakians.  I'm not complaining about that, it was funny - doubly so knowing how spammed out he must have been getting while I was trying frantically to turn off my system.  I'm complaining that I'm now fighting that too, people saying I did it intentionally.  I've somehow gone from full to empty when it comes to Aetolia, and it looks like I'm fighting a losing battle.  I don't know what to do, but somewhere between here and there, the game's stopped being fun for me.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Arbre said:
    Rage at me, I guess.  School stress has caused my depression to act out in new and interesting ways, and I didn't realize I needed to stop logging on to Aetolia for awhile until after I'd done crazy shit.  So I'm trying hard to deal with it and not complain and not ask for people to look the other way or anything and then...  Slyphe completely took over my character to blow up Chakians.  I'm not complaining about that, it was funny - doubly so knowing how spammed out he must have been getting while I was trying frantically to turn off my system.  I'm complaining that I'm now fighting that too, people saying I did it intentionally.  I've somehow gone from full to empty when it comes to Aetolia, and it looks like I'm fighting a losing battle.  I don't know what to do, but somewhere between here and there, the game's stopped being fun for me.
    I have a similar rage? Well, more of a minor complaint since I'm pretty apathetic these days. I'm almost at a point where I just don't care about RP anymore. I kind of want to scrap it all together and just hangout with my friends whenever I do log in and not idle. Chat, PK, and just be casual.

But at the same time, it's kind of unfair to the people who've invested time and energy to my character.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    @Haven to Bloodloch confirmed, you'll fit right in.
    DraimanIosyne
  • edited January 2014

Xavin said:
    -snip- how a quote-unquote clique seized power -snip-
    Haha, welcome to Aetolia, right?

Similarly to Arbre: I hate hearing about things like that. Unfortunately that is how it goes here sometimes. People complain there's nothing going on, they want 'fun' to be had. Then finally something happens that people can respond to, RP around, fight about, talk about... aaaand 'oh no you shouldn't have done that! That's baaaad!' because people don't know how to treat their antagonists properly. Either that or people forget that the person who did something they didn't like IC - should get an IC response (within damned reason so that they / their people can respond and bounce it back again!), not OOC ("Ehmehgerd! You're such a [explicative] why did you create all this new RP potential for me that I absolutely have been wanting all this time, but suddenly don't know how to respond to now that I have it!? How could you! This is drama.")

That said I don't know all about the situation. This is the rage thread, I don't give two buffalo about context there, the pattern is recognizable to me.

Aetolia can be very toxic to people, I hate seeing it happen, I hate being able to predict it so well at times (if not time and time again). That's my rage.

Edit: Sheesh! Sounding a bit bitter there don't I? Okay let's just add a cute cat reaction picture to this to lighten up yay!

• I care about RP. Nobody else does anymore. Bloodloch is all lolPK for the most part. And the Bloodborn make me rage-y.

Ashmer keeps threatening to RP with me and then has to go put on his gimp mask and leathers to play with Chak.

And I'm working 12's at the hospital thru Saturday morning with one night off inbetween, which is rough.
    Rage. Bitch. Gripe.
  • Arbre said:
    I'm honestly quite sorry this is something you're still dealing with. It's actually quite baffling to me that people would still even think that's true though. I shouted right afterwards that I had done it, AND personally told Ashmer when he was in the midst of killing you immediately after. ...And my order too, knew about. I just don't even.

• Slyphe said:
    Arbre said:
    I'm honestly quite sorry this is something you're still dealing with. It's actually quite baffling to me that people would still even think that's true though. I shouted right afterwards that I had done it, AND personally told Ashmer when he was in the midst of killing you immediately after. ...And my order too, knew about. I just don't even.
    Ashmer likes to eat people. He's hungry. Although I'm sorry Arbre is dealing with depression and Aetolia is hindering rather than helping.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Ezalor said:
    @Haven to Bloodloch confirmed, you'll fit right in.
    You can't have me!
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    DraimanEzalor
  • edited January 2014
    We need to roleplay as well. Arbre has been used as a tool of the enemy, willing or not, and has a history with the order and it's leader. She's not just going to be welcomed into it's folds after that. No use trying to meta around it with sympathy votes, it just is what it is. 
    ArenRivas
  • See, that's a great mindset and all to have? Except, uh. He could literally go do the same to any/all of you (and maybe should, actually) and there'd be jack you could do about it.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Xavin
  • Slyphe said:
    It's actually quite baffling to me that people would still even think that's true though. I shouted right afterwards that I had done it, AND personally told Ashmer when he was in the midst of killing you immediately after. ...And my order too, knew about. I just don't even.
    Rowena said:
    No use trying to meta around it with sympathy votes, it just is what it is. 
    Wait what's that?

• Toz said:
    See, that's a great mindset and all to have? Except, uh. He could literally go do the same to any/all of you (and maybe should, actually) and there'd be jack you could do about it.
    Quoted for emphasis. You can't really hold an individual player responsible for the actions of a god, especially when everyone pretty much knows for a fact that it wasn't the player behind the actions.

PerilunaMarienaJaslineKatszia
    Veovis said:
    Slyphe said:
    Arbre said:
    Ashmer likes to eat people. He's hungry. Although I'm sorry Arbre is dealing with depression and Aetolia is hindering rather than helping.

I'm sorry I've been so fucking busy recently. Will get to you tonight, after I'm done coding this thing, I promise.

I was going to comment about the Slyphe-Arbre thing, but I'll just leave it at that if I had my way, it would have gone very differently post-explosion, barring the awesome bit where Slyphe confessed while Ashmer was ripping Arbre to shreds. <.<

Veovis said:
    Slyphe said:
    Arbre said:

I promise I'll have time to actually RP with you tonight. I've been unfortunately anti-trolling the last few nights, and dealing with backlogged Order stuff.

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Rowena said:
    We need to roleplay as well. Arbre has been used as a tool of the enemy, willing or not, and has a history with the order and it's leader. She's not just going to be welcomed into it's folds after that. No use trying to meta around it with sympathy votes, it just is what it is. 
    I would accept that if I were trying to get into the Order.  Only I'm not.  I'm trying to get into Spinesreach.  I have been RPing, I've been hanging out in public places in Spinesreach, I've been taking babby Spireans hunting, I've attended lessers when people tell me they're up.

If you say I'm trying to meta sympathy votes again, I'll come through the computer and stab you in the eye.  I held off on posting this rage for awhile because I knew some idiot who didn't know crapall about me, my past, my behavior, or my disease would say something like that, but finally decided hey, it's a post to rage and I usually feel better after expressing things, and sometimes people have beneficial things to say to help out.

As a vague side-note, @Ashmer has been pretty okay with the whole thing.  He was up-front and honest about how he was feeling, and that's about all I can ask for.
    Angwe
    edited January 2014
    Arbre said:
    Rowena said:
    I would accept that if I were trying to get into the Order.  Only I'm not.  I'm trying to get into Spinesreach.  I have been RPing, I've been hanging out in public places in Spinesreach, I've been taking babby Spireans hunting, I've attended lessers when people tell me they're up.

If you say I'm trying to meta sympathy votes again, I'll come through the computer and stab you in the eye.  I held off on posting this rage for awhile because I knew some idiot who didn't know crapall about me, my past, my behavior, or my disease would say something like that, but finally decided hey, it's a post to rage and I usually feel better after expressing things, and sometimes people have beneficial things to say to help out.

As a vague side-note, @Ashmer has been pretty okay with the whole thing.  He was up-front and honest about how he was feeling, and that's about all I can ask for.

To pipe in here, I've thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing, and really have enjoyed playing it out with you. I'm disappointed in the way the plot seems to have stalled, to date.

I'm just gonna go over here and slit my palms, kthx. /palmslitting freak

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    The default avatar @Veovis got makes me rage a little bit because it looks like a drunk person about to throw up. That's all I can think about whenever I see one of his posts now.
  • MaghakMaghak The heights of Stormcaller Crag
    I'm going to attempt to forestall some serious arguing here and ask that everyone take a deep breath and consider their words before posting. There's no need to throw around threats or accusations on the forums.
This discussion has been closed.