Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• Moirean said:
    Edric said:
    Since teradrim can no longer harvest rocks/crush rocks for inks and its all down to the racial skill.. Can the racial skill change from 2/3 inks per rock to something like 4/5 .. Since inks are needed throughout reanimation plus tattoos...

Eh, inks already sell for like 2 gold as is. They are really cheap and only worth harvesting for convenience already. Making them yield more per crush will only make their price plummet more.
    and how many people harvest inks? kind of silly it takes 6 points, a level and half of bashing just for 2 inks per rock... and does it really matter if ink prices plummet?
    Atrapoema
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    I harvested inks for about 45 minutes the other day and got over a thousand inks...

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I don't have problems with the quantity of inks for the most part, but I do have a really hard time getting gold rocks, and that's annoying. I think someone had a suggestion for something like improved harvesting, only for rocks, which would either let you harvest with less of a balance time OR be able to select a color and have a greater chance of finding that (similar to the artifact ylem goggles.)
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage

I would love to see a small, "personal" shrine for furniture. It might sound odd, but hear me out.

You would be able to craft it in Furniture, a small shrine that could be placed in a home, haven or perhaps even a guildhall. The shrine itself would not be tied to a specific Divine, but a "neutral one", where you can offer to Anyone, depending on your mood for the day, perhaps? Instead of offering corpses, this shrine would be used for other things, such as food, drinks, incense or even gold.

Since the shrine is not tied to a specific divine, you would offer the item directly to the divine of your choice. For example:

POUR <drink> OVER SHRINE FOR <divine>

PLACE <food> BY SHRINE FOR <divine>

LIGHT <incense> AT SHRINE FOR <divine>

OFFER <amount> GOLD ON SHRINE FOR <divine>

The essence build this way would be pretty much insignificant, but could still give a small amount. If not, it would be a pretty nifty rp-item and gold sink.

PhendegwenCiarellePiper
  • Okay. So you can IC PLANT and see only plants in your cache. You can do with with inks, slices, and even commodities (IC COMMODITY). In a shop though, you can only SHOPIC INK or SHOPIC SLICE - I've tried with plants and commodities and it doesn't work. So... that would be nice if it did.
    LiancaSarita
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Can we get an upgraded combat training post in cities or perhaps a public Syssin mirror thing? It'd be nice to be able to test an offense/skill against something when other players are unavailable. I'd use disregarding but prone, paralysis, and other hinders make it a bit difficult.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    LinMastemaDaskalosBenedicto
  • Made an idea for this like the day before Haven posted this. Also, would like to have the training placed -in- the training room, and be able to generate Kai/Weaponcharge. It's hard to find someone to test skills on, and you can't build weaponcharge on yourself (For obvious reasons).
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    Fighting Pits can be purchased for organizational Buildings at 3,000,000 gold, and you can contact your Patron to get that set up.

As far as training NPCs go, guilds can get those set up through their Patrons as well. 
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    The price was lowered? It used to be 4mil. :( rippedoff!
  • We have the training dummies in the old Bouchard estate, sadly a -ton- of skills will not work on them :(
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Hey, I'm working on a training dummy. Read the yearly reports. :P
    Dunno if this works already, but could we maybe get an option to RESET KEG## HERE for artikegs, so we could drop them in places for use, like during a party or in our house?
    Research: Any chance we could get a LAST QUOTA CONTRIBUTIONS display, as the quota contributions is completely cleared out and reset when the new quota is delivered, giving us no way to see who contributed what once the quota rolls over.
    DaskalosXavinMinarael
  • PIRIDON Domination ent..

Since both Indorani and Cabalist use the skill set, Let Numerology work through Piridon (doppleganger). Granted people are going to say Tweak through doppleganger is going to be to strong in group but Indorani can use moon through it and I would say moon is alot stronger then tweak, just dont allow doppleganger to use disturb or leveling.. so people cant unravel from afar, but do skills like changeheart/tweak/madness/aeon pretty much what Indorani use with doppleganger/tarot ... moon, lust, hangedman, justice, etc etc etc.. PWETTY PWEASE .. I'm really unsure as to why numerology never worked through doppleganger in the first place but Cabalist have piridon is stupid as all we can really do is decay... so it will / might .. stop range damage

AtrapoemaDaskalosLuthienIllikaal
  • It's been tossed around so many times that I'm genuinely shocked it hasn't been actually implemented yet:

Pleasex10^50 allow us to review esteems we get in a similar way to messages now or something. Usually people are pretty heartfelt and nice about them, and saving them in a notepad file to look at when I'm feeling uninspired with Aetolia isn't working quite as effectively :P
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    LinMastemaSessizlikAngweMoireanPiperCiarelle
    edited June 2013
    Let us use lessons to learn more in a language, as an alternative to paying gold. 

Let us convert haven points to lessons. 

Let us trade in haven points to learn a language, as extra raceskill choices.

LinAngweRivasArbre
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    edited June 2013
    Moirean said:
    Let us use lessons to learn more in a language, as an alternative to paying gold. 

Let us convert haven points to lessons. 

Let us trade in haven points to learn a language, as extra raceskill choices.

let us convert lessons to credits!   6 lessons equal 1 credit!  some of us have no use for lessons anymore and with the Iron Memberships they just keep piling up

this would be into bound credits of course
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Let us TEACH <player> <number> <skill> and have it use our own lessons.
    SessizlikEsperMoireanSetneBenedictoAldricArbreLuthien
    So after playing a bit on an RPI, I totally think we could have some more fun things!

- Some sort of brief description command to let us append a minor addition to our description without changing the entire thing. 
    Eg, I have a fight scene and I could add BDESC She's got a brilliant black eye and a cut slashed across one cheek. And that would add that as a separate line below my description for a temporary addition.

- Movement emotes. w (, limping slowly) would append that onto your movement, showing Bob leaves to the west, limping slowly/Bob enters from the west, limping slowly.

- Thinking - is there any way we can get the YOU removed from thinking? I like to just enter my thoughts straight up stream of consciousness style and it's kinda jarring to try to shoehorn you into there. Also can we get THINK offered as a command to do the emote? < is wonky to remember.

- CONFIG COLOR for room emotes/realm emotes. Not sure the technical name for these, but the emotes gods send out. They get totally lost in spam and it sucks because without color there isn't a way to capture them to a channel window :(

• Movement emotes would, unfortunately, negate the artifact, I believe. I wouldn't count on that one happening, even if limits were imposed.
    edited June 2013
    >_>

Can we get a config option for simple movement?

Moirean enters from the west.
    Moirean leaves to the west.

Moirean descends from the sky.
    Moirean takes to the sky.

Moirean unearths herself.
    Moirean burrows into the ground.

Moirean calls on the power of an artifact and vanishes.
    Moirean arrives by the power of an artifact.

She is followed by Toz, Barda, Xenia, and Borscin.
    ^Added on a new line when applicable.

While custom fluffy messages for leaving/entering are well and good... makes a pain for grabbing lines for echos. And these would work even for mutated forms and the other special stuff save for like tumble or something.
    havenbanner2
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    I like the BDESC idea!
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Moirean said:
    - Thinking - is there any way we can get the YOU removed from thinking? I like to just enter my thoughts straight up stream of consciousness style and it's kinda jarring to try to shoehorn you into there. Also can we get THINK offered as a command to do the emote? < is wonky to remember.
    The think command does make for a slight bit of stilted writing, but remember that you're free to move the "you" pronoun around by using the token "^", so you have a little flexibility!
    Haven said:
    >_>

There's no need for that. Aetolia pushes two different GMCP events, Room.AddPlayer and Room.RemovePlayer, that let you know when people are coming or going. It seems to follow the rules of what your character is able to see, so it's not cheating either.
    Thaving 'think' be a syntax on top of < would be nice, like you can em versus full 'emote'. I constantly have to check Elea's thread because I forget what it is otherwise, and wading through the HELPs isn't helpful. HELP THINK brings up racial origin stuff first. 
    Someone ioswme added thinking to HELP EMOTE recently!
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    I linked 'think' to HELP EMOTE, Areka.
    Awesome, thanks!
  • You know, I'd really love to see the GREET predefined emote be customizable. Preferably both first- and third-person customization, but I'd settle for just first-person. With GREET being the standard, surefire way to trigger NPC quest chains (which is absolutely fine!), it seems a little silly that we all greet everyone exactly the same way, despite our personalities.
    MoireanAldricDaskalosTza
    Lin said:

Moirean said:

The think command does make for a slight bit of stilted writing, but remember that you're free to move the "you" pronoun around by using the token "^", so you have a little flexibility!

Haven said:

>_>

There's no need for that. Aetolia pushes two different GMCP events, Room.AddPlayer and Room.RemovePlayer, that let you know when people are coming or going. It seems to follow the rules of what your character is able to see, so it's not cheating either.
    What about those of us who don't use gmcp!

havenbanner2
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Haven said:
    What about those of us who don't use gmcp!
    Start.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    SetneAldricKaeusLinAngwe