Mafia: The Midnight Age

Comments

• Hrm, no good info to connect anyone really.. I'm not sure who to vote for at this rate.

Periluna
  • edited December 2012
    I'm going to have to go back to one of my original votes. Tahl's pretty quiet until he knows that he can join in without looking suspicious. Like a parasite.

Vote: Tahl
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    His posts also don't make sense when I'm drunk.

VOTE: Alexina Tahl
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    edited December 2012
    Arbre said:
    His posts also don't make sense when I'm drunk.

/emote orders in another round of drinks for Arbre. Then, another one. "Keep them coming," she says to the barmaid.
    (( OKAY SORRY I FORGOT THE OOC TAGS oh thanks for the drink ))
  • I'm sorry to hear that. An anonymous post goes out about you being living, and when somebody eventually votes for you, somebody else immediately intervenes with a reference to the supposed "reading". It just strikes me as odd, so I'm going with my gut here. S'nothing personal!
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    See, that's what is my huge issue. Not only did you try to start a train on me earlier in the thread, you're basing your judgement on me on what other people have done or said about me. It doesn't make any sense to me, so I'm going to keep my vote on you.
    Your suspicion is unbecoming, Tahl.  You're also late to class.
  • Shiiiiit. I didn't realize Tahl was that young. Now I feel bad..
  • VOTE: Orisae
  • edited December 2012
    "I wasn't late to class! I was just... sick? Yeah, sick!"

Tahl fakes a cough into his arm. He then begins shouting chaotically -

"If I'm such a bandwagon rider, then let's go! All aboard the wagon, folks! Let's get this show on the road and give the Syssin even more of an advantage! 

• ENORIAN NEWS #3.16
    Date: Right here and now.
    To: Everyone
    Subj: Night 2 Telepathy Result

Rho is a lifer.
  • Well, the logic I can follow and if you insist...

Vote: Tahl
  • "I am still... confused. So! I will randomly call out a name!!!" so says the visibly upset shopkeeper. "He--im!" she shouts loudly pointing to...

VOTE: AREN!
    "...Aren's a boy?" the schoolteacher says as she shoos the kids back into the classroom.
  • The shopkeeper shrugs her shoulders as she straightens the few display products outside her shop. "I could never tell. Honestly."
  • You have 24 hours to kill someone.

Eight people needed for a lynch.
  • Amara said:
    VOTE: Orisae

I'm at somewhat of a loss with this round as well, but Amara's voting without any sort of explanation whatsoever is kinda suspicious. 

Vote: Amara

Also, am I like the only person that thinks the whole RP during the mafia game is kinda dumb?
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    AmaraAngwe
  • Hrm, let me see - looks like my earlier comment about Arbre applies to Tahl as well, so ...

Vote: Arbre Tahl

What is the lynch count at now?
  • edited December 2012
    December 13th

[7:56 PM PST]: Aren voted to lynch Orisae.
    [8:49 PM PST]: Arbre voted to lynch Alexina.

December 14th

[1:35 AM PST]: Ilyon voted to lynch Arbre.
    [7:40 AM PST]: Tahl voted to lynch Alexina.
    [8:06 AM PST]: Alexina voted to lynch Tahl.
    [8:44 AM PST]: Valenae voted to get zapped by an angry, malevolent god.
    [2:11 PM PST]: Valenae changed her vote to lynch Orisae.
    [8:13 PM PST]: Orisae voted to lynch Tahl.
    [8:17 PM PST]: Arbre changed her vote to lynch Tahl.

December 15th

[12:10 AM PST]: Amara voted to lynch Orisae.
    [1:32 AM PST]: Tahl changed his vote to lynch himself.
    [7:39 PM PST]: Lianca voted to lynch Tahl.
    [8:53 PM PST]: Periluna voted to lynch Aren.

December 16th

[12:49 PM PST]: Aldric voted to lynch Amara.
    [1:09 PM PST]: Ilyon changed his vote to lynch Tahl.

Final count:

Tahl (6): Alexina, Orisae, Arbre, Lianca, Tahl, Ilyon.
    Orisae (3): Aren, Valenae, Amara.
    Aren (1): Periluna.
    Amara (1): Aldric.
    Er... Tahl's voted for two people.
  • I don't know what you're talking about.

At all.
  • Aldric said:
    Amara said:

I'm at somewhat of a loss with this round as well, but Amara's voting without any sort of explanation whatsoever is kinda suspicious. 

Vote: Amara

Also, am I like the only person that thinks the whole RP during the mafia game is kinda dumb?
    You all talk enough for everybody and it gives me a headache to sort out the so-called RP from what actually matters or is worthwhile and frankly, adding to it with 'explanations' that, at this point, have no real logical foundation, would just be lame.

• RhoRho
    edited December 2012
    Yeah, the RP is unnecessary and takes away from how we should be looking at things in a logical manner. All we're doing right now is saying 'olol guess I'll vote for XYZ'. That said, voting for someone with no explanation written is the same as voting for someone with an 'RP' explanation - That is, there's no real point on either side, and calling out one person seems silly.

VOTE: Tahl

I'd rather have people who actually want to play than someone who joins a train on himself because they didn't want to write some sort of reasoning as to why people shouldn't vote that way.

Edited to add clarity to last segment.
  • While it's true that people right now seem to be voting at random or by chance, there are some points to examine.  I'm not saying that these are all the data available, but at least some trends I've noticed.

1) Orisae and Arbre ended up on the same side of the round two debate as well as this one:
      a) Arbre votes for Aldric.  After many people vote, Orisae argues against Aarbrok; Arbre changes vote.
      b) Arbre votes for Alexina.  Alexina retaliate-votes against Tahl after he follows suit. Orisae votes for Tahl; Arbre changes her vote to Tahl.
    2) Alexina has been vetted by the monk, unless she is the(/a) deep-cover agent.
      a) It's statistically likely that she is not the deep-cover agent.
      b) Alexina voted Raeche in round one; Orisae->[considering]->Aarbrok.  Her vote changed [to considering] after a successful persuasion check by Orisae.
    3) Tahl has sided with the majority in all three votes.
      a) Though this round his vote might be considered sarcastic, his trend is to vote with the group.
      b) Tahl targetted Alexina in the first and third rounds.
    4) Rho has been vetted by the monk, unless she is the(/a) deep-cover agent.
      a) Like Alexina, statistically unlikely she's the deep-cover agent.
      b) Rho's votes were Raeche, Periluna, Tahl.

I know that I'm probably making snakes out of tree roots, and you shoul all look over the thread again, but I think, however tenuous, that some connections can be drawn between Arbre, Orisae, and Alexina.  I'm certain that part of this influence is that these three are of the more active posters herein.  However, frequency of posting is another data point: the night round, admittedly moving quicker because the voting pool is smaller, has usually ended pretty quickly.  There's an implication that the syssin and consanguine are among those who are paying the most attention.

While I don't want to show myself as holding a grudge against Orisae, since I voted for her last time, I still feel uneasy about her, even if the connections I'm seeing are more tenuous than the strings on a conspiracy theorist's wall. Thus I have to, once again, cast my

until a point where she can disuade me from the trend I'm seeing.

• edited December 2012
    Funny how people are voting for me because I "didn't give any reason not to", when in all actuality, I gave my reasons, and logical ones at that. Furthermore, my choosing to off myself is not because I can't think of any defenses, it's to prove that I'm NOT the guy you're looking for. The fact that people are actually going with this crap is ludicrous. If I were actually a Syssin, why would I choose to off myself and potentially endanger my teammates? If I "didn't want to play", why would I have even signed up in the first place? It seems to me that it's not MY reasoning that makes no sense, it's everyone else's. Allow me to explain my past voting patterns. 

1) Raeche: I voted Raeche for the same reason everyone else did. It was the first day, there was nobody who had anything suspicious about them just yet, and then Raeche goes and throws out the hypothetical "if I'm a Syssin, wat do". Easy first pick.

2) Alexina: I changed my vote to Alexina in the first round, because everyone seemed to be having second thoughts about Raeche. There was no real reasoning behind this, just a random roll and that's whose name I happened to land upon - another common method for a day 1 vote.

3) Arbre: One day 2, I voted Arbre after Haven's disappearance, since she had attempted to off him in the previous round. Simple logic.

4) Aarbrok: Once again, I changed my vote to Aarbrok under the facade of a "bandwagon", but in actuality I just wanted to keep the game moving. Since he was the closest to being lynched and had the most votes, what better way to bring the next round to us in a timely fashion?

5) Alexina: For the third day of votes, I returned to Alexina, where I now had a little suspicion surrounding her. I do not completely trust the news posts about readings. There are special Syssin who can avoid detection by the monks. There may even be other mysterious roles out there, undetectable by typical telepathy. And what happens the moment I cast my vote for her? I get a gang of peeps gettin' ready to grill poor little Tahl.

6) Tahl: At this point, everyone's wanting me dead, and for no reason other than that I "make no sense". So, in an effort to prove that I'm innocent, I decide to change my vote to myself.

VOTE: Alexina Tahl Orisae

7) Orisae: Finished with my sarcasm and failed attempts at proving my innocence, I do what anyone else in my position would do - try and get someone else lynched before the mob descends on myself. The closest person in votes to myself is Orisae, and I agree with other voters' reasons for choosing her. She's suspicious, pulling up a drunkard's facade every time someone even blinks at her, and I don't like how many times she's voted for me.

So, there you all go. I am playing, not as some bandwagon rider as everyone seems to think. That was just stupid RP that doesn't belong here. But this is a game, and I'mma play to the bitter end. 

Furthermore, the votes against me because people would rather have someone who wants to play are silly and getting us nowhere. It's two-faced and hypocritical. "lol let's vote tahl cause he's making votes on random people with no reasons" < That, in itself, is a double standard. It baffles me. But, the die is cast, we need only wait and see where this goes. I hope I cleared things up for you guys.

Edited A LOT for explanations and clarifications.

• edited December 2012
    RP during a mafia game is really spammy and irritating. It's cool that you all are having a good time but its not something I can get into. I know Elanth put a lot of work into this game but I'm going to back out. 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• I kinda agree. All it seemed to do to me was have everyone misconstrue what's really going on.
  • Agree that the rp in a mafia game is irritating and spammy and is derailing the whole point of the game.

I can't bold elanth, sorry!

VOTE: ORISAE