Mafia: The Midnight Age

Comments

• Elanth said:

The Night Phase has begun.

All special roles, please send in your night actions during the next twenty-four hours. Everyone may continue to talk in the topic while it's still nighttime; after all, we all know everyone in Aetolia is an insomniac.
    ^
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I think you missed my joke.  That's okay, it wasn't a very good one.
  • edited December 2012
    I was quoting for Kiyotan's benefit.

EDIT: Nonetheless, your joke wasn't that great, Arbs. :P
    ;;
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Thanks!
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
  • edited December 2012

[I'm gonna try my hand at emoting up in here, ha!]

Heady fumes alcohol wafts around this woman like a near solid wall of scent, thick and noxious. Not surprisingly, she's parked herself just outside of the nearest tavern with two overflowing, oversized glasses full of what could only be something clear and possibly possessing a proof above 80 percent.

"So, if it wasn't the little girl *hic*.." The local drunkard starts, a mournful look on her face, "Oh gods, I feel just AWFUL about that.. I wonder who killed her." Words are slurred, quickly spoken between gulps of grain alcohol that sloshes all over her face and unlaundered clothing.

Raeche
  • Lights suddenly flicker from the apartment above one of the local shops. Opening the curtains and stepping out on the balcony, a slender figure appears. Her hair mussed, but her face looking otherwise refreshed, she stretches out before looking out on the town below. "Hm. Seems I missed something. That's what I get for staying out drinking with Orisae," she says loud enough for everyone to hear. "Honestly, no one should challenge that woman to drinking match."

(( Seriously - staying up for two nights with a sick kid has had me worn out ))
    Raeche
  • That's the spirit! :)
  • edited December 2012
    You all awaken from fitful, restless sleep, only to find that during the night, Haven has mysteriously vanished, and no trace of him can be found.

December 9th, 2012

[11:33 PM PST]: Round 1, Day Phase began.

December 10th, 2012

[5:27 AM PST]: Malak voted to lynch Raeche.
    [10:26 AM PST]: Alexina voted to lynch Raeche.
    [11:13 AM PST]: Valenae voted to lynch Raeche.
    [11:17 AM PST]: Haven voted to lynch Raeche.
    [11:17 AM PST]: Aldric voted to lynch Raeche.
    [11:45 AM PST]: Tahl voted to lynch Raeche.
    [12:09 PM PST]: Ilyon voted to lynch Raeche.
    [12:11 PM PST]: Orisae voted to lynch Raeche.
    [1:11 PM PST]: Arbre voted to lynch Raeche.
    [2:38 PM PST]: Amara voted to lynch Raeche.
    [3:07 PM PST]: Esper voted to lynch Raeche.
    [3:20 PM PST]: Rho voted to lynch Raeche.
    [4:33 PM PST]: Arbre changed vote to lynch Haven.
    [4:54 PM PST]: Haven changed vote to lynch Aarbrok.
    [5:05 PM PST]: Tahl changed vote to lynch Alexina.
    [5:21 PM PST]: Raeche voted to lynch Orisae.
    [6:45 PM PST]: Aren voted to lynch Raeche.
    [8:16 PM PST]: Raeche was lynched by majority vote.
    [8:16 PM PST]: End of Round 1, Day Phase; beginning of Round 1, Night Phase.

December 11th, 2012

[???? ?? PST]: Haven has vanished into thin air.
    [2:09 PM PST]: End of Round 1, Night Phase; beginning of Round 2, Day Phase.

List of living players:

Aldric
    Malak
    Amara
    Orisae
    Ilyon
    Rho
    Kiyotan
    Aarbrok
    Lianca
    Aren
    Esper
    Tahl
    Arbre
    Periluna
    Alexina
    Valenae

List of the dead:

Raeche
    Haven (???)

---

The Day Phase has begun.

You require more Haven Locke-style executions to solve this Artificial nonsense, immediately.

A majority of 9 votes will be necessary to successfully lynch.
    I still feel violated by Raeche's lies.
    Do we have a 'guildhopper' category?  I'm going to say he's not guildhopping, but infiltrating.  (also, he's the first person on the list)

VOTE: Aldric
  • Haven mysteriously vanishes after voting to lynch Aarbrok?

VOTE: Aarbrok
  • He phased.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Raeche said:
    He phased.
    Typically we're not allowed to post in the game thread when we're pulled from the game through death or other means so as not to clutter and detract from the discussions going on.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Elanth
  • From around a mouthful of something overpoweringly potent and noxious comes a few garbled words, "Haven's gone? Maybe it's someone that hates fire."

"Who hates *hic* fire?"

VOTE: TAHL

"S'gotta be Tahl. Fire messing up his watery flow." She punctuates her vote with a foul belch.

• All right. Thanks for being civil about it.
  • We all know Syssin are duplicitous, and trying to kill us all.  I ask you, who here seems pretty deliberate in her lynching choices?  She can blame the booze all she wants, but I

VOTE: Orisae

since she was crafty enough to encourage attention towards a slip of the tongue. she killed that little girl!

• edited December 2012
    Hey! We all heard Raeche say she was a syssin! You can't blame me for incorrectly putting two and two together.

So what if it came up as a three instead of a four? We all thought we were onto something, there! I may be a drunkard but I'm an honest one. Never even went so far as to hide my own puke. Besides! I have an alibi!

Sorry about your front stoop last night, Periluna.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Accusatory are we, Periluna. Right now we know little other than our personal distaste for one another. Evidence is minimal and clearly pointing fingers will not make us any solid proof.

I abstain from voting in effort to reduce the innocent victims.
  • edited December 2012
    Haven's gone? That was unexpected. It could be none other than the same person who tried to get rid of him before.

VOTE: ARBRE
  • Periluna said:
    Haven mysteriously vanishes after voting to lynch Aarbrok?

There are only a few people who didn't vote for Raeche, and it's a common mafia tactic to lynch somebody in the night that will draw suspicion upon somebody else. If that was indeed the case, the mafia would be relying on somebody to use the exact same logic you just did to lynch somebody that's a civvie.

I don't know if it's just past games where this has happened that's nagging at me, but it seems like you're trying to be the one to kick-start the exact logic the mafia would be hoping for, despite it being somewhat obvious of a mafia tactic. I really don't think anybody would be stupid enough to put themselves in that much danger the second round.

Vote: Periluna
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    On Day 2, logic is flimsy. So I'm just going to vote for someone randomly (people in IRC can attest to the dice roll).

Vote: Aarbrok

Sorry, chum.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
  • VOTE: Aarbrok
  • ENORIAN NEWS #3.15
    Date: 12/12/12 at 7:28

To: Everyone
    Subj: Night 1 Telepathy Result

Alexina is Living.

---

This latest news article has just been posted. It seems access to the boards has been opened to anyone with a quill, in this chaotic time.
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    The Syssin obviously knew that Raeche wasn't one them. They probably voted for someone else or joined the train after it was already cho-chooing so they wouldn't draw suspicious (unlike me that voted almost instantly and thusly got investigated by the Sentaari).
  • Aarbrok said:
    I abstain from voting in effort to reduce the innocent victims.
    As was pointed out in round one, abstaining only helps the mafia, no one else.

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Bugger all, fine.  If you wish to vote for me, then I will bloody vote.

Take down the instigator.

VOTE: Periluna
  • But Periluna was out drinking with me all last night! I didn't even black out, I swear!

I change my vote to the person trying to off another innocent. Everyone can see the guilt etched into his despicable face! Just look at him!

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Orisae is a source of chaos and confusion to me.

Hence,

VOTE: Orisae
  • Eh, I don't like coincidences. So Haven is missing which would lead me to either the people who voted to lynch him earlier or the person he voted to lynch earlier. I'm more inclined to go with the former than the latter so unless someone convinces me otherwise:

Vote: Arbre