Mafia: The Midnight Age

Comments

• Hey, bandwagon!

VOTE: Raeche Alexina
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    It's not much of a bandwagon if we're all taking wagons in different directions.
  • But it starts off as a band!
  • Elanth, I also voted for Raeche 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

If it's a band, I play trumpet. 
  • Left hand still clutching onto her stuffed bear, Raeche lifts her chin slowly to face the crowd. But instead of the piteous look from before, her eyes flash with an uncharacteristic coldness. Finger slowly rising to a stop, she points directly at Orisae. "She's the Syssin!!"

Vote: Orisae

Am I the only one having fun with writing this sort of crap? :(

The game is a lot like what online poker is to poker - you lose out on so many of the tells that it is difficult to read players unless they really mess up their choices. As it is in real-life, these sorts of games require a few rounds in order for you to get an accurate read on your opponents.

I'd suggest we just take it easy for the first round, run with it, and learn as much as we can from each other. Really competitive (and fun) playing will only come in future rounds.

Let's go, let's go!  *hiss*
    I'm fine with the storytelling, but if you keep playing a little kid, I'm changing my vote back to you.
  • edited December 2012
    Clearly, the child is having a permanent lapse of judgement or has been horribly afflicted with a personality disorder the likes we've, none of us, dealt with before. Do not listen to her feeble attempts to push the attention off of herself to point out the most opinionated against her case. You let the child live, this city will burn. Be all Aldric up in here, man.

• Arbre said:
    I'm fine with the storytelling, but if you keep playing a little kid, I'm changing my vote back to you.
    Well if I were the Syssin, I could snap my fingers and you will see that I am not really a child, but a fifty year old man predator hiding behind the guise of an illusion.

But I'm not! I'm just kid. With my whole life ahead of me. And what's more lifer than having your whole life ahead of you? ;)
    ...your logic is mindbending.
  • The roleplay is a little annoying. I'm just being honest. 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

HavenMalakKiyotan
  • Well, ma'am grinch. I do understand that it -is- that time of year.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Raeche (9)
    • Malak voted at 5:27AM PST.
    • Alexina voted at 10:26AM PST.
    • Valenae voted at 11:13PM PST.
    • Haven voted at 11:17PM PST.
    • Aldric voted at 11:17PM PST.
    • Tahl voted at 11:45PM PST.
    • Ilyon voted at 12:09PM PST.
    • Orisae voted at 12:11PM PST.
    • Arbre voted at 1:11PM PST.
    • Amara voted at 2:38PM PST.
    • Esper voted at 3:07PM PST.
    • Rho voted at 3:20PM PST.
    Haven (1)
    • Arbre voted at 4:33PM PST.
    Aarbrok (1)
    • Haven voted 4:54PM PST.
    Alexina (1)
    • Tahl voted at 5:05PM PST.

I think I got everyone's votes down.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • Yes that's accurate. Also, you have 24 hours to form a lynch majority, starting now.
    Those who haven't voted: Kiyotan, Aarbrok, Lianca, Aren, and Periluna.

If the majority of you are sticking with Raeche then I'll pop by vote back over in a few hours to end the round if we haven't reached a decision yet. Although I still think we're better off if we save Raeche for later.
    havenbanner2
  • edited December 2012
    The Syssin know who each other are.

They know whether I am a lifer or not.

If I am a lifer, they will be among the people who voted against me, to get rid of an easy one.

If I am a syssin, all they lose is an extra person on their team - but it does not hurt their chances of killing at night. Overall, still better to vote for one of their own who has already revealed her identity, in order to blend in. To do otherwise would risk drawing attention like Haven did.

So, I would suggest looking for the syssin among those who voted against me. I would also suggest that the monk sense me and tell the good people what I really am.

P.S.: I voted Orisae.
  • Put her down.
  • RhoRho
    edited December 2012
    How is this still even going? I was the 11th person to vote for Raeche. How is that not an insta-lynch?

Edit: For clarity - We had 7 people when Elanth posted. 4 more voted after, which made the 11. Then people started changing their votes - Is there a reason the round kept going after the 11?
  • Rho said:

How is this still even going? I was the 11th person to vote for Raeche. How is that not an insta-lynch?

Edit: For clarity - We had 7 people when Elanth posted. 4 more voted after, which made the 11. Then people started changing their votes - Is there a reason the round kept going after the 11?
    Doesn't end until god (elanth) does the end of round tally...bad timing I guess
  • I'm just gonna go along and vote for Raeche
  • OH well.
  • well, it looks like there's no stopping this train then. Commence with the lynching. 
  • Raeche majority noted. Official post incoming within the hour.
  • edited December 2012
    "Look at that little girl!" yelled Lianca, pointing. "She's not just any little girl! She has a knife!"

"A knife?!" roared Aren. "It's the knife girl! Get her!"

[Following omitted due to graphic child violence.]

Raeche's limp body swings from the gallows. Her mother and father cry at the side, for as it happens, she was a Lifer.

Oh, the humanity.

---

December 9th, 2012

[11:33 PM PST]: Round 1, Day Phase began.

December 10th, 2012

[5:27 AM PST]: Malak voted to lynch Raeche.
    [10:26 AM PST]: Alexina voted to lynch Raeche.
    [11:13 AM PST]: Valenae voted to lynch Raeche.
    [11:17 AM PST]: Haven voted to lynch Raeche.
    [11:17 AM PST]: Aldric voted to lynch Raeche.
    [11:45 AM PST]: Tahl voted to lynch Raeche.
    [12:09 PM PST]: Ilyon voted to lynch Raeche.
    [12:11 PM PST]: Orisae voted to lynch Raeche.
    [1:11 PM PST]: Arbre voted to lynch Raeche.
    [2:38 PM PST]: Amara voted to lynch Raeche.
    [3:07 PM PST]: Esper voted to lynch Raeche.
    [3:20 PM PST]: Rho voted to lynch Raeche.
    [4:33 PM PST]: Arbre changed vote to lynch Haven.
    [4:54 PM PST]: Haven changed vote to lynch Aarbrok.
    [5:05 PM PST]: Tahl changed vote to lynch Alexina.
    [5:21 PM PST]: Raeche voted to lynch Orisae.
    [6:45 PM PST]: Aren voted to lynch Raeche.
    [8:16 PM PST]: Raeche was lynched by majority vote.
    [8:16 PM PST]: End of Round 1, Day Phase; beginning of Round 1, Night Phase.

List of living players:

Aldric
    Malak
    Amara
    Orisae
    Ilyon
    Haven
    Rho
    Kiyotan
    Aarbrok
    Lianca
    Aren
    Esper
    Tahl
    Arbre
    Periluna
    Alexina
    Valenae

List of the dead:

Raeche

---

The Night Phase has begun.

All special roles, please send in your night actions during the next twenty-four hours. Everyone may continue to talk in the topic while it's still nighttime; after all, we all know everyone in Aetolia is an insomniac.
    ...How does that even happen?  :-/
    havenbanner2
  • Well. I feel a little silly now..
  • Tombstone-

Here lies:

Raeche - 348 - 358 MA

"A life cut short."

Remember my last words!

The bit about who to look for, not the, 'OH well'.

Good luck! And please remember to ease up and have fun, some of you. It's just a game. :)
  • I will wear my finest garments to her wedding. Yes.
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Been a while since I played this. How long does night phase last and is there anything we're supposed to do?
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    Can I change my vote BACK to her now?  I don't care she's a lifer, I'm :<<<<<< that she PLAYED ON MY SYMPATHIES!!!

Also.  Aren.  You killed knifegirl.  -Really-?