Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Give it time.
    AarbrokPerilunaAngwe
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    People freak out way too much over sidehopping and org switching. Haven't most of us been playing this game for almost a decade (or more, *eye Daskalos*) now - and the majority of that was without multiclass to give us skill variety. I personally think people need to reign in the suspicion and "OMG TRAITOR" stuff when people switch sides. RP it for a bit, but recognize that it's a game we've all been playing a long time and people get tired sometimes, instead of building it up even more as crazy 'disloyalty.'

Moi, for example, is stuck with an apparently permanent rep for excessive side-hopping, even though my character history (discounting like my first month or two of clueless newb play) was long term darkie, long term lifer and now back to darkie. Same with my guilds - secretary in Syssin, GM in Sentinels, GM in Carnis. People spin these out into far more org switches than reality. I've moved more times in RL than I've sidehopped in the same amount of time. Poor Aldric has been very consistent with Iosyne and went through RP hell to prove loyalty to the Carnis, and he's still viewed as a fickle org member - I think half of that stems more from OOC clan/forums jokes about his style of gameplay than from his characters.

/ramble

tl;dr - don't let the jokes/rumours/gossip about the characters stop people from actually going "oh hey" and looking at the reality. Also recognize that sidehopping happens when people play the same game for nearly a decade. :P
    AarbrokAtrapoemaSolariaLunaSionMephistolesOrisaeLinFenrirIllikaal
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    I don't have a problem with sidehoppers at all. It's just that they shouldn't get pissed off when a city says "Oh hey, you've joined Duiran 6 times now, and this will be your seventh. Why should we bother inducting you when you've taken (and broken) the same oath 6 times now?" 

People are going to get tired of the boy who cried wolf, after a while. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    AtrapoemaRivasAarbrokAryanneAngweLuthienAarde
  • Inactive/away Gods. sigh
    Aryanne
  • It's true though Aarbrok, you're pretty creepy with the whole vivisection stuff. I mean, we love it on the dark side, but don't expect cuddles from the firebugs!
    Aarbrok
  • Calipso said:
    Inactive/away Gods. sigh
    Yeah, seriously. Where's my Maghak!?
  • Ezrax said:
    Calipso said:
    Inactive/away Gods. sigh
    Probably busy hammering me ;)
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Calipso said:
    Ezrax said:
    Calipso said:
    Inactive/away Gods. sigh
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    AldricRivasKiyotanLinAngwePerilunaHadoryu
  • Calipso said:
    Ezrax said:
    Calipso said:
    Inactive/away Gods. sigh
    God, you're weird.
    KiyotanLinAngwePeriluna
    I think Chak's involvement with the Elene-Hado saga was the last time we saw a god hammering mortals.
    Teani
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    rage at this month's promotion.  Just seems useless to me and I really wanted Cryptic Chests to come back!!  roar!!
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    Calipso
  • What happened to artisinals? <.<

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Konnorn: Likely it got missed/pushed forward a bit too much, so it got easier to take two in one go. It happens.

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Moirean said:
    I think Chak's involvement with the Elene-Hado saga was the last time we saw a god hammering mortals.
    I'll have you know Lin and Omei got pretty frisky once!
    Yeah but was that REAL or just a DREAM? OoooOOoo
    LinEmelleAryanne
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Does it really matter with Omei?
    MoireanEmelleTeani
    Touche.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I have a bit of rage about metagaming.  I worry about posting RP logs sometimes because I don't want people to magically find ways to take them ICly.  I'm aware that it's a small minority of the player base that does that, but when you get a few people who do that then it really does become an actual in game rumor, just one that started OOCly.  I don't like feeling like I have to monitor what I say or disclose because of concerns that it might come back to me in character.
    I typically wait to share sensitive logs like that for that reason.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    ArbreMephistoles
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I didn't tell people about Ixena OOCly because of that.
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Message #3464  Sent By: Menelaus        Received On: 6/02/2013/17:34
    "(Mass: Evilo, Zatasesiel, Elaine, Alexina) ((OOC: I was told on Skype by some one that you all wanted me kicked out of Indorani for public image bullshit or some thing. After all I have done to help you people as friends and done for the Guild, you would backstab me over stupid bullshit? Thanks a lot... If this is false, please MSG me back. If it is true, just whatever.... thanks a lot. I just want to know what you are thinking, being so dumb. Do you want a guild full of people who do no work and just worry about stupid shit, or do you want to fix the guild and not worry about who is fucking who? If this was just made up by this person who told me, I am terribly sorry... But like I said, if you have issues, please MSG me. ))."

OOC drama and I can't be bothered to deal with crap like this. It reminded me why it's a bad idea to get involved with guilds.
    AtrapoemaAldricPeriluna
    Alexina said:
    Message #3464  Sent By: Menelaus        Received On: 6/02/2013/17:34
    "(Mass: Evilo, Zatasesiel, Elaine, Alexina) ((OOC: I was told on Skype by some one that you all wanted me kicked out of Indorani for public image bullshit or some thing. After all I have done to help you people as friends and done for the Guild, you would backstab me over stupid bullshit? Thanks a lot... If this is false, please MSG me back. If it is true, just whatever.... thanks a lot. I just want to know what you are thinking, being so dumb. Do you want a guild full of people who do no work and just worry about stupid shit, or do you want to fix the guild and not worry about who is fucking who? If this was just made up by this person who told me, I am terribly sorry... But like I said, if you have issues, please MSG me. ))."

OOC drama and I can't be bothered to deal with crap like this. It reminded me why it's a bad idea to get involved with guilds.
    first of all its Menelaus, who does this ALL THE TIME, so do not be surprised.

Second if you want a Guild that has little to no drama come to the Teradrim!  lol   =)  jk
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Macavity said:
    Second if you want a Guild that has little to no drama members come to the Teradrim!  lol   =)  jk
    ftfy (as if I'm one to talk)
    Arbre said:
    Macavity said:
    Second if you want a Guild that has little to no drama members come to the Teradrim!  lol   =)  jk
    ftfy (as if I'm one to talk)
    we have a few!  though well played!  :-D
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    edited June 2013
    There's just so many things that annoys me with the whole thing. First that he didn't talk to me about it. He could have brought it up with me without jumping to conclusions and starting to accuse me of being a dumb backstabber or whatever. Also, it's all OOC. He's actually insulting me as a player and I really feel like I don't deserve that at all. Finally, I can't do anything at all about it in game, because it was an OOC message. I can't handle the situation or talk about it or bring it up with the rest of the guild, because he decided to send an OOC message instead of bringing it up in game - he pretty much made it impossible for me to react to the situation in any way at all in game. He tells me I'm dumb and there is nothing I can do about it. Just feels so frustrating.
  • Sure you can! Claim insanity on his part and kill him!
    RivasHavenAryanneSetneXiuhcoatlAldricPeriluna
  • Torc of Telepathy, honestly the most annoying artifact in the game when you're fighting as a Sciomancer. It completely negates all of your offense leaving the only way to kill someone to trap them with singularities, which is honestly, a really dirty move and honestly not feasible against people who are even remotely decent.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

Don't whore shatter in retard with full vibes and they won't have to use torc of telepathy to stop brainsmash? C'mon, that's up there with your 'I know I spam, don't use stupidity on me and it won't make me spam' line. 

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Fenrir
  • edited June 2013
    You have 101 new messages.

message next
    Message #2003  Sent By: (aetolia)       Received On: 6/04/2013/19:48
    "A feather fetish has decayed to dust in your absence."
    H:5200 M:6100 E:111% W:100% B:100% S:100 XP:22.71% ~0~ [b eb lr]
     has: 
    message next
    Message #2004  Sent By: (aetolia)       Received On: 6/04/2013/19:48
    "A shell fetish has decayed to dust in your absence."
    H:5200 M:6100 E:111% W:100% B:100% S:100 XP:22.71% ~0~ [b eb lr]