Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    CONFIG COLOR RECOVERY - let you set a color IG for balance/eq recovery messages. Have it default to a color from the start. I think this would help newbies out with basic bashing and stuff.

More complex and debatable, but perhaps a config color for instant kill messages. Anyone who can fight already has it colored or echoed anyways, but this would allow new fighters to more easily see those without having to slog through gathering all the lines.

Also, for general newbie stuff, I'd say have ALL clans and channels default to colors off the bat, just so those messages pop out more clearly. Include a HINT about CONFIG COLOR and maybe include an academy task to adjust a config color.
    LinBakhtuhTeani
    Allow us to make characters/words/lines bold in player-created documents/files. Avalon does this and it is amazing for making things easy to read, instead of relying on all sorts of underlines and bulletpoints. I would love this so much.
    MastemaArbreTzaCiarellePeriluna
    Imma just spam this thread out. 

Allow mentor purchases to count for more than the first 3 credit purchases - ideally for ALL purchases. A good mentor-protege relationship can and should last a long time and truly new players will likely only buy a small amount of credits initially to test the game out before deciding they are invested in it and want to buy a lot - at which point, the mentor has helped get the person playing and doesn't get a reward for that.

Only have this apply to the first two mentors (in case the first mentor is a dud and the person switches to another) a person has, to prevent players from swapping mentors to give their pals credits.
    ZarahemlahAngweArbrePerilunaTeani
  • Still waiting on the forging ylem perk, since Enchanting and Concoctions have theirs (vigor elixir and little minipet dude).

So how about something else personal, cause honestly giving up making my own curatives -is- a big deal, just to make armor. Say, 'When utilizing weapons crafted by your own hands, you gain a 2% increase in damage with their use' because you know how you weighted the weapon perfectly, etc. It's not a -massive- boost to unbalance combat entirely, in fact, just as the other two are perks for PvE, let the boost only apply to NPCs. Or perhaps a small increase to criticals, say .5% or something.

Conversely, making it more in line with the cost of vigor, have it require a ylem shard to add something like magic damage or random resist_type to each attack, again only effective on NPCs, but with greater effect, something like 5% (to match Orbs). Ylem shards aren't cheap after all!
    MoireanEzalor
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited May 2013
    On the topic of forging, could we somewhat normalize forging comm costs across all items since they're just stylistic choices now? Shortswords take 4 steel and 1 leather while longswords take 8 steel and 1 leather for the exact same mechanical function. Likewise a tower shield takes 4 steel 1 leather while a buckler only takes 1 steel 1 leather, etc.
  • Any forging perk should be something that encourages trading, not something that enhances the bashing of the smith.
    Illidan said:
     if you ever see me killing someone (newbies especially) it's because I've had good reason to do so
    Lin
  • edited May 2013

Insert ylem shard <weapon|armour> for <damage| Penetration|Speed|cutting|blunt>

Adds +3 to one stat type, and you can only do it once on a item.

Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    I'd hope you would add cutting/blunt to armours and not damage/penetration/speed.
  • Yeah fixed :(
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • What if you want armor with max penetration

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Tza
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    This game is PG13, @Toz.
    LinMoireanTza
  • Have you been to the bath house in Spines, I say NC-17 at the least.
    Show Him Who's Boss!
    LinOrisae
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Add a 'help venantium' file that explains what this metal actually is.
    Angwe
    Crafting:

Add a PLAY field to instruments created by ventier/luthier. Crafters could then set a default played message which could be shown when players type PLAY (instrument). I think this would make these talents a lot more fun to have and could even justify adding in a percussionist talent as well!

Suggestions for existing:
    - sitar
    - horn
    - bagpipes
    - bass
    - trumpet
    - whistle
    - kazoo (i'm kidding. OR AM I)
    - lyre
    - zither
    - mouth-organ

Suggestions for percussionists:
    - noisemaker
    - drum
    - kettledrum
    - tabla 
    - tabor
    - rattle
    - bell
    - sistrum
    - cymbols
    - gong
    AarbrokHaydynAlexinaLiancaPeriluna
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited May 2013
    Mouth-organ you say..... :)
    Here, TAKE MY MONEY!

..all kidding aside. Percussion is not just for Gloria Estefan.
    I would totally be down for some drums.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited May 2013
    A percussive talent, to go with luthier and ventier! 

Bangier:
    Drum (kettle, bodhran, talking drum, etc)
    Cymbal
    Tambourine
    drum stick
    bell
    singing bowl/chakra
    chime
    marimba/xylophone
    dulcimer/piano?

MoireanAarbrokAlexina
    I think we need the PLAY part of it to make it have more appeal. Otherwise, instruments are really a niche RP thing. :/
    edited May 2013
    Dunno how tricky this would be, but seeing how giving things away or dropping things, if you're into dropping your clothing (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE) erases the attire they are set to, is there any chance we could get attire sets to save?

ATTIRE SET NEW <name> - makes a new set based on what you are wearing
    ATTIRE SET <name> - conceals/reveals/resets attire on stuff to display a saved set
    ATTIRE CONCEAL ALL - conceals everything for a lazy nudity (also to start from everything hidden versus everything revealed when making a new set)
    ATTIRE REVEAL ALL - reveals everything in all its glory

I know I'd personally love this, as I would like the option to quickly change attire based on what class I'm in/activity I'm doing. If it's a big deal, though, I can always make aliases. :P
    Tza
    I just made aliases linking the attires for different outfits/classes. They're a bit spammy, but do the job and allow me to more easily go in and tweak things after-the-fact. 
    I paid 50 credits to have a piano put in my haven. I wish I could have some sort of portable one - I think Arbre playing the piano is one of the more interesting quirks about her and I barely get to utilize it.
    Haydyn
  • I just like the mental image of you hauling a piano around on your back. At lessers, on dates, while sitting in the bathing house? Piano.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

HaydynArbreIosyneMoireanTzaPeriluna
    I was trying to think of an idea for a portable one, but an electronic keyboard might be a bit excessive in terms of technology.
    Could do a smaller one/hammered dulcimer on wheels, though some things like that should have the 'heavy' modifiers for movement. 
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Uhh hello, accordion!
  • Seriously. We all know the answer to this conundrum:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

EmelleSetnePeriluna
    Hnng.
  • You sig matches that picture perfectly @Rivas
    Show Him Who's Boss!
    EmelleRivasSetne
  • A new bomb in Bombcrafting that uses a dyekit as a comm, and when it explodes everyone in the room is colored that particular color.

Someone make this happen.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

HavenLinErzsebetHaydynTzaPeriluna