Short Questions

Comments

• At what point did the Syssin lose the ability to summon a snake?
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    edited April 2013
    Some time ago, before even I played. I think it was viewed as unnecessary given their offense, which it most certainly is with sleights.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I don't think Syssin in Aetolia have ever had the ability to summon a snake.
    HavenHadoryu
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Maybe they haven't. I know it was brought up a long, LONG time ago in liaisons and someone mentioned that they may have had them at one point.

Suffice to say, they wouldn't be necessary now. I know their Achaea and Imperian counterparts had them.
  • They were added to Achaea very shortly after Aetolia split off from it; when I was a shadowsnake ten thousand years ago I kept hoping we would get them, but it never got ported over.

• TzaTza
    edited April 2013
    Where is Hannis and how much does he charge for Refining? How many lessons/credits is it to trans the skill, like a mini or a full one?
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited April 2013
    Refining is a miniskill, so 695 lessons to trans. Initial cost to learn the skill is 10,000 gold.

Hannis is located in the Academic quarters of Delve, In the central point of Vraen's Square.

To reach these quarters you go up through the military district (where the portal back to Siroccian mountains is) to the port area. Up from the port to the markets, then south from the markets to the academic district.

Tza
  • Thanks @Teani!
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    How do we start lotteries? HELP LOTTERY refers to adding and excluding orgs, which implies that players can run them, but I can't figure out how to make a new one. :/
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    Moirean said:
    How do we start lotteries? HELP LOTTERY refers to adding and excluding orgs, which implies that players can run them, but I can't figure out how to make a new one. :/
    You actually can't - it looks like those two syntaxes near the end were accidentally added to the player version of HELP LOTTERIES. 
    Darnit. :(
    Mastema
  • Why is it that sometimes people show up red on GW (like the entire line is red)? Does that mean they're currently dead or something?
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    They have GT turned off.
    Tza
  • TzaTza
    edited May 2013
    Oh!

I never wound have figured that that's what the red colour means! CW has a separate column for that. CLWHO shows it as text as well. Only GW uses colour then. Confusing. :(

Thanks @Sarita!
    Moirean
    Does anyone have a description of Father Brachus? If not, do we have any reasonable idea as to what he looks like?
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    The statue of Father Brachus in the Sentaari GH is said to be an exact replica.

The simply carved form of this statue depicts the visage of a tall monk whose eyes shine with knowledge and understanding. His flowing robes of stone wrap around his fit body, leaving his forearms and neck exposed beyond its sleeves and hood. His arms look muscular, though only gently toned. In one hand, he holds a long scroll, while the other is held open in a welcoming gesture. His short hair is depicted in stylized curls, though the top of his head seems smooth. Beneath his sandaled feet a wide pedestal sits with delicate forms carved into it. Dancing vines and carefully rendered flowers surround a bronze plate which has an easily READ inscription upon it.
    Lin
  • TzaTza
    edited May 2013
    Nevermind.... I think I figured it out. Cough. Feel free to delete.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    @Tok and/or @Razmael Can I have a custom pelt? Plz, plz, pretty plz!?
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    If they gave you one, they'd have to give everyone one.  Be happy they're exploding the guilds soon(tm) and shaddup.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    edited May 2013
    LinAarbrok
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    edited May 2013
    Are we supposed to be messaging Tok about random crafting stuff that we want changed? Because I've heard that on the Crafters channel several times now, and I sort of assumed Becue was still the proper channel to push these things through (via the appropriate projects, too). Or is it fine to message either of them? Does anyone know?

That said, having a way to preserve books so they don't decay would be awesomeness and epic (kind of like preserving letters).
  • edited May 2013

^

I asked about this late last year and got told that is what Libraries are for!

:((
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
    Umm, why don't we use libraries again?
    Because books decay in them.  After two mishaps, I finally copied my cure book and language primer into journals.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I've never seen a book decay in a library. That sounds like a bug.
    EmelleLinMephistolesAngwe
    It is.  I've bugged it.  I unicorn'd at Clexx until he fetched my cure book back once.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    edited May 2013
    When did they change the shatter message and why? :(

Old message: ^(\w{1,}) slowly pulls back (.*?)\, readying (himself|herself) for a devastating strike\.$

New message: Xiuhcoatl slowly pulls back a morning star, readying himself before you for a devastating strike.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Not only did they change it but it sounds weird.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited May 2013
    READYING HIMSELF BEFORE YOU.

Alternatively:
    [spoiler] image [/spoiler]
    HadoryuEmelleXiuhcoatlPeriluna
    edited May 2013
    That type of thing should be changelog'd. :/

Edit: Also, pfft. You shatter a guy once to kill him and he steals your signature move. *stare Xiuh*