Mildly Irritating: Aetolia's Pet Peeves

Comments

• TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    edited April 2022
    Sibatti said:

My pet peeve is not having an avenue to proactively pursue or plan things. Orgreqs are cool but they're just for orgs - if I want to personally back up something I have no idea how to make it happen.

Make a news post. I'm serious. If it's interesting enough and you put the right vibe out there, someone will pick it up. And it won't cost you credits.

NipsyIazamat
  • NipsyNipsy Setting fire to Aeryx's mine
    Tetchta said:

Sibatti said:

My pet peeve is not having an avenue to proactively pursue or plan things. Orgreqs are cool but they're just for orgs - if I want to personally back up something I have no idea how to make it happen.

Make a news post. I'm serious. If it's interesting enough and you put the right vibe out there, someone will pick it up. And it won't cost you credits.
    Honestly this, if you make a post and rile up the masses, you can get it going
  • Iazamat said:

Ayastia said:

And that means not just agreeing with your friends because they are your friends.

I'm not convinced a whole lot of that is actually happening, but regardless it's a difficult distinction to make because, for instance, I agree with people I agree with, regardless of if they're my friends or not. I'm not going to stop agreeing with my friends when they say something I agree with just because they're my friends. We might not agree with one another, but that doesn't mean anyone's dogpile-agreeing because they're friends. Easy to accuse others of, though.
    I don't THINK it happened in this conversation but I know it has happened in others. And I get it. People want to support their friends. That's fine. Just... well, I'm sure you understand what I mean.
  • XaspherXaspher Immortal
    Sibatti said:

This comment is by no means a reflection of you @Sibatti but a broader note to the community at large while we're on the topic: When it comes to generating content and stories, players should be conscious of RP consistency and visibility. I won't make any promises or guarantees but @Tetchta's got the right idea about advertising your ambitions in some way in game.

Whether it's from something loud like posting on the in-game boards to talking to NPCs or just generally roleplaying in a public space, player activity can inspire the team to get involved and help bring some things to life.

I can think of several instances where one small thing players did spawned into a larger story.
    Keroc says, "Five seconds in already got his head stuck in the gate."
    NipsyTetchtaLegyn
    edited April 2022
    edit: dealt with this another way. The sentiment behind it is still genuine since I've dealt with it in other contexts, but leaving this here atm post-resolution doesn't feel helpful to anybody.

HolbrookNipsyBulrokIazamat
  • Pet peeve, my progress on my village house that is actually a giant public Bamathis temple is slow. Each room must be PERFECT just like my Wardad. Rage.
    EleneIesidFyrren
  • Pet peeve, my progress on my village house that is actually a giant public Bamathis temple is slow. Each room must be PERFECT just like my Wardad. Rage.
    IesidNipsyEleneFyrren
  • Whirran posting twice is my pet peeve. Elene only disagreeing once is my other pet peeve.
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
    ValorieNipsyZeheiaEleneTetchtaAlelaAyastiaFyrren
  • TedrunaiTedrunai Immortal
    Bulrok said:

Whirran posting twice is my pet peeve. Elene only disagreeing once is my other pet peeve.

Well he only did it twice instead of three times this time, so progress I guess?
    BulrokNipsyTetchtaWhirranAlelaZeheiaXenia
  • edited April 2022
    Pet peeve: Coding while tired.

Fuck you, half-asleep me, and your abominations.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    My pet peeve: seeing swear words again on forums. Not because I find the words offensive, but because I've been conditioned to see and use unicorn instead. It will be so confusing.

TetchtaAlelaNipsyLinProcyonFyrren
  • Whirran said:

Pet peeve, my progress on my village house that is actually a giant public Bamathis temple is slow. Each room must be PERFECT just like my Wardad. Rage.

Perfect... except for his war record! Oooooo! But seriously. That sounds awesome and I cannot wait to infiltrate... I mean visit it!
  • edited April 2022
    "unknown location"
    KurakXeniaNipsyTeaniGalileiTetchtaSeurimasRasaniProcyon
  • Y'all quit being mad at my gem. You can farsee me if you want to know where I'm at. Hate hoods like a normal person. >:(
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
    AlelaTetchtaIazamat
  • Bulrok said:

Y'all quit being mad at my gem. You can farsee me if you want to know where I'm at. Hate hoods like a normal person. >:(

yeah, silence paupers!
    (Web): Abhorash has joined your web.
    (Web): Abhorash says, "Nerds."
    (Web): Abhorash has left your web.

Alela's Affirmations
    delete gem and hood, refund everyone but bulrok

IazamatAlelaAyastiaProcyon
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    I don't like gem because half the time I farsee someone, I get psychic backlash and it's annoying.

My solution is to just stop finding people using gem for RP. If you want RP, don't be obnoxious to locate!
    TetchtaIazamatLinXeniaProcyon
  • That just means you should hate the relic that does it, not gem.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade

IazamatAlelaTetchtaIesidAyastiaNipsyTeramasceFyrren
  • Bulrok said:

That just means you should hate the relic that does it, not gem.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    edited April 2022
    Feeling like you have to chase people around for credit for the work you did in game can be pretty tiring. A lot of work, OOC, goes into making stuff and pushing initiatives and coming up with ideas in game, and I don't think it's ever not going to sting me a little when credit either isn't given, or I have to remind folk that I did stuff. I think all of us know by now that running an org as orgleader involves a lot of delegation, I don't think it undermines the work you do to be like "Hey, this person came up with the seed idea for this," or "this person did the bulk of the skeletal work on this." It's little things that go a long way to making people feel appreciated, IC and OOC, for the stuff they did, and it's the little things that can kinda ruin your day in that regard, too.

This is also, I guess, and advice post to say that if you're not getting credit for something you did, go ask for it, 'cause it's possible the person not crediting you/taking your credit isn't doing it on purpose.** That said, I think leaders should probably be a bit more intentional about this, as well.

**it was @Kurak's idea to do this, givin' my boy credit

IazamatNipsyFyrrenLenoriel
    edited April 2022
    To follow up on Tetchta here: Its really easy to forget as a leader, but the little things do mean the most, even if its just saying thank you for helping, or I appreciate your hard work.

Its easy to get lost in the mire and morass of nonsense when running orgs, just try and remind yourself that you're not alone and have people to help you.
    Then thank the people, I know I have unintentionally forgotten recognition at times, just own up to it though.

Be the goodest beans you can be!
  • There's fun things to do but I fractured my thumb and I don't want to peck at the keyboard so qq. :s
    Zeheia
  • Alts (or even long-dormant mains) getting revived during a period of intense org drama and only existing to further and/or sustain said drama, make trouble for others, and try to get others in trouble.
    AlmolTetchtaNipsyKurakTeramasceAsaraiiSeurimasFyrrenLenoriel
  • Being threatened with Divine Intervention by a player in-character.

IazamatNipsyKurakSeurimasFyrren
  • edited May 2022
    Pet Peeve: Ooc drama for IG consequences from IG choices.

edit: If you want to do rp to stir the pot, do it! But own it! Do not get ooc pissy when the pot gets stirred.
    NipsyIazamatIesidSryaenSeurimas
    Kurak said:

Pet Peeve: Ooc drama for IG consequences from IG choices.

edit: If you want to do rp to stir the pot, do it! But own it! Do not get ooc pissy when the pot gets stirred.

There needs to be a "GOD YES THIS" button.
    KurakIazamatIesid
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    good lord guys that's four in a row, at this point just tell us who it is or something
    SryaenBenedictoIazamatTetchtaKurakEakuKodazaCzcienn
    edited May 2022
    Find out the proper way: thirdhand as a half-wrong, half-remembered slurry of gossip from an uninvolved party smh. (My DMs are open)

IazamatMjollKurakTeramasceNipsyGalileiFyrren
    edited May 2022
    If you want your details to be less accurate, and incredibly biased, I am also available...

That being said, I can think of three separate characters this can correlate to with current going-ons so I am just blanket agreeing in hopes that one of them is the one I was thinking of.
    (People need hobbies or something really, if getting your rocks off on starting drama from things that happened before most of the current players even played, then you need to re-evaluate things. It is just making a toxic atmosphere for people trying to play and enjoy a game. IC is not OOC, and vice versa, in the words of the oracle Mesis.... Be better.)