Mildly Irritating: Aetolia's Pet Peeves

Comments

• EliadonEliadon Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    ***********************[ RANKINGS FOR TOTAL PVE DEATHS ]***********************
    Rank Count Player
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1 3678 Rhyot
    76 229 Eliadon
    rankings total pvp deaths 41
    ***********************[ RANKINGS FOR TOTAL PVP DEATHS ]***********************
    Rank Count Player
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1 3341 Rhyot
    43 469 Eliadon

After dying some 700 times it's... well.

Imagine dying 7000 times.
    Sryaen
  • Death RP is a big pet peeve for me in a few ways. Dying means losing, which is frustrating and it influences certain people to have a sort of one-sided style of RP. It's usually a lot of acting without fear when dealing with players and existential dread at permadeath during an event or private setting RP. You may have noticed Escelika's not in the business of starting fights - she doesn't make bets without worthwhile payoffs.

I wanted to comment on the death RP people should be considering. Sure, you might never come back. This choice might be your last and you'll move on to the underhalls for good. Those ten drinks you rapid fired down your throat seemed like a funny thing - shame it was your last!

BUT, I think you should be more afraid that you do come back.

You come back, under mysterious circumstances, in brand new, fully realized bodies. Your old body is still around. Are you sure you're you? Are our memories stored in our spirit and not our brain? If some power were to fix the corpse's wounds, restore it to life, would it remember?

Is that what Undead are? Do they have a spirit, just out of sight, watching their animated body go on while they are imprisoned by another Divine's will? Has the spirit moved on and one cured of undead given a new spirit? The Praenomen spirit is trapped within the blood, held imprisoned by the curse, freed through a convoluted ritual and heat of a volcano.

I got a little carried away and may to make a new thread on this - I think we could go on for a while. The clear divide between courage and bravery is the biggest pet peeve for me overall when it comes to conflict.

LimCallidoraIesidTeaniGalileiEleneXeniaAyastiaRhine
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    Dislike being catchall bountied for an event I wasn't even around for.
    SryaenReave
  • Sibatti said:

Dislike being catchall bountied for an event I wasn't even around for.

bro dw about it, just die. you'll come back, i swear

Tell me how I'm doing!
    (Web): Mileta says, "Okay... Sry is an edgelord..."

(Web): Dreww says, "Sryaen just wants to be the best Dhar boi and slaughter everyone."
    AyastiaEscelika
  • Any event with the objective to gather resources:

Feirenz Ourborian tells you, "Kids these days...nobody talks face to face anymore! You're all buried nose deep in your telepathy!"
    AlmolRihrinDidiFyrrenEscelika
  • edited October 2021
    Most events (slight exaggeration, it's late, been a long day at work and I'm annoyed - just gib me my rant) happening during hours that aren't great for people who work in the restaurant/service industry. Sorry, but I will 100% never have a Fri, Sat or Sun night off to do shit in-game.

Tell me how I'm doing!

(Web): Dreww says, "Sryaen just wants to be the best Dhar boi and slaughter everyone."
  • Your problem is the exact opposite of mine. I will never have weekdays off to do most stuff in-game, and as a result, every sort of RP that I have or want to do is often pushed to weekends. Even so, if I don't wake up early in the mornings to catch people or events for RP, I won't catch them in my evenings. It makes timing very irritating, so I empathize.
  • One more here to empathize about the hours available - between work and a toddler I really only have a few hours to play each night. And because of that pesky timezone, the hours that I am on is usually the quietest that Aetolia gets.

I do get a bit more time on weekends to be online (good ol' 6 week lockdowns, etc), but at the same time this is intermittent at best which makes me avoid getting too involved with trying to catch folks for RP.

For me the irritation comes from almost missing the free time I used to have to be on every day without all this adulting :(
    Reave
  • edited November 2021
    Please limit your enter/leave message to 100 characters or less.
    Please limit your death message to 100 characters or less.

Listen, even Twitter offered 140 before doubling the character limit. Can't even be extra in my own customizations. :(

Edit: I CAN'T WORK UNDER THESE CONDITIONS!
    ReaveSeurimas
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    people who sell commodities one....by......one.....to the city, this is more for those that see the revlog. lol
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    EleneEscelikaTalamh
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    Okay so, this isn't actually a pet peeve, because it doesn't annoy me that much. In fact, it doesn't really annoy me at all, but it seems a little silly to me when people are like "how is your week going?" in game as though days don't exist anymore. In fact, I rarely hear days mentioned directly (unless it's half-a-day to reference 2 hours or something). You can ask my character how their day is! We have days still! They're 4 hours long, that's an enormous amount of time!

ReaveTeaniMjollTaiyangTekiasIesid
  • edited November 2021
    i am fully incapable of doing math but i hate that steel costs so much
    Tetchta
  • @Tetchta I look at it more like when you see someone once a week RL and you are asking like "How has your week been?" to get updated on things. It's not like people see each other every single day.
    Avatar of Fyrren drawn by the amazing Sessizlik.
    Tetchta
    Oh @Fyrren I totally get that. I think it's more when "week" is used as a "day" substitute and it feels very hamfisted. Would just like to see "day" used more! Kinda like how we say "good afternoon" and all that.

Fyrren
  • Tetchta said:
    Okay so, this isn't actually a pet peeve, because it doesn't annoy me that much. In fact, it doesn't really annoy me at all, but it seems a little silly to me when people are like "how is your week going?" in game as though days don't exist anymore. In fact, I rarely hear days mentioned directly (unless it's half-a-day to reference 2 hours or something). You can ask my character how their day is! We have days still! They're 4 hours long, that's an enormous amount of time!
    There are times I use day but... then I am worried people think I forgot to convert or something lol 
  • edited November 2021
    You can avoid all of this frustration by simply not caring about how anyone is, let alone how their week/day/month/life is going.

Tell me how I'm doing!

AyastiaBulrokMatiMacavity
  • Pfft. Sryaen loves Aya and cares how she is doing and you know it. 
    Sryaen
  • Ayastia said:

Pfft. Sryaen loves Aya and cares how she is doing and you know it. 

I don't think any of us believe you.

SryaenAyastia
  • Screw this! I'm going back to shadow! At least people pretended to like me there! 😭
    XavinTeotl
  • Ayastia said:

Screw this! I'm going back to shadow! At least people pretended to like me there! 😭

We did??

( <3 )
    Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245
    ReaveAyastiaXavinTeotl
  • Wow... just wow. XD
    SeurimasTeotl
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Seurimas said:

Ayastia said:

Screw this! I'm going back to shadow! At least people pretended to like me there! 😭

We did??

( <3 )</p>
    Thank you for saying it before I did. Now I can still pretend to @Ayastia
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

Ayastia
  • Aetolia can spam me 8 messages that my cookies all decayed but can't message me a heads up that my hormones are spiking and I should sign out before I make bad rp choices? Rude.
    LinReaveAyastiaAlelaRenli
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Teotl said:

Aetolia can spam me 8 messages that my cookies all decayed but can't message me a heads up that my hormones are spiking and I should sign out before I make bad rp choices? Rude.

Oh, that's hidden in one of the CONFIGs. Not in game right now, can't recall which. But it's there, trust me. I play a doctor poorly.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

Teotl
  • Tekias said:

Teotl said:

Aetolia can spam me 8 messages that my cookies all decayed but can't message me a heads up that my hormones are spiking and I should sign out before I make bad rp choices? Rude.

Oh, that's hidden in one of the CONFIGs. Not in game right now, can't recall which. But it's there, trust me. I play a doctor poorly.
    This has opened up so many hidden config jokes in my brain. Thank you.
  • additionally:
    Playing a character that is so emotionally and socially awkward at times that I can feel it radiating through the screen. I know that I did this to me. But Aetolia enabled me.
    HolbrookSeurimasReaveAyastia
    edited December 2021
    Grappling in bashing zones. Honestly, a lot of decisions about endgame bashing mobs just seem like they were designed by someone who hasn't played the game before, but grapples are one of the worst things I've ever experienced, and they've caused me to nearly die while manually bashing several times.

They're pure RNG, and basically seem like something that was put in there to intentionally make bashing an unfun headache. There's no cooldowns, and there's nothing stopping mobs from chain-grappling you over and over again if there's two in the room who grapple.

I don't understand the point of this mechanic. There's not a ton of counters (Mjoll had some success with touching shield if you don't murder them in one hit, but this is a pretty iffy strategy, and given there's no way to queue to breaking free of a grapple, there's still a lot of luck involved).

It doesn't make bashing harder or more interesting, it just makes it even more of a chore than it already is. It's also been complained about pretty extensively over months (if not longer), and yet it still ends up getting put into new zones anyway. They also seem to often be paired with mobs that already hit like a dumptruck (see: oozes). I dunno. I really hate it and wish it didn't exist.

XavinValorieAlela
  • Just buy the artifact to dodge mob writhes o wait
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
    AlelaNipsy
  • Writhes with no mechanic besides rng selection that bypass flame tattoo are artifact checks not skill checks, and I wish they'd get treated as such.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz