Mildly Irritating: Aetolia's Pet Peeves

Comments

• AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
    I also hate when I get impaled by the ravenous swarm of eld and writhe out of it and then still get disemboweled after I've writhed out. It's happened multiple times, makes no sense, and I've bugged it and it's been closed saying it's not a bug. All writhes are mostly trash.
    Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    edited December 2021
    Toz said:

Writhes with no mechanic besides rng selection that bypass flame tattoo are artifact checks not skill checks, and I wish they'd get treated as such.

I dunno if they're artifact checks as much as they are harpoons (whale killers), 'cause honesty there's not even really artifact counters to most of them (since they're not impales and the PVE writhe artie only impacts impale). The only advantage whales get is more health and more damage output, which reduces your chances of dying (or delays your demise in the event of a chain writhe situation). idk, I don't get the point of it.

• When you are trying to have a nice candle lit bath and the universal power keeps going out because people are trying to kill each other SUPER FAST.
  • It applies to Aetolia as much as D&D:

It's what my character would do. 

It is an excuse to rip the fun from other people. There are plenty of ways to make a villainous character that does not make the players absolutely hate playing with you. 
    RihrinCzciennAxiusAlmolXavinKatie
  • You really need to think about what you just said.
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
    Ehtias
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Wasn't there a cap at some point, 10 feet or something for endgame races, just to prevent that kind of ridiculousness?

• Race to level 200? I'm racing to 200 ft tall.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Tetchta
  • In my defense.  My earthenform was 4 ft tall...

Fyrren
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Damonicus said:

In my defense.  My earthenform was 4 ft tall...

I envisioned my Earthenform to be akin to hopping into the Hulkbuster Iron Armor, since the text is Earth encasing your form rather than a transformation like Shifter. So mine were slightly taller, but not overly so.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

AlmolFyrren
    Teani said:

Wasn't there a cap at some point, 10 feet or something for endgame races, just to prevent that kind of ridiculousness?

If there was, it no longer exists (and tbh I don't care if you're over ten feet, but I do think you ought to look at just how tall something ten feet actually is if you do). It's unenforceable, though there being no cap of any kind has let a (very tiny amount) of siliness through.

Teani
  • Tekias said:

Damonicus said:

In my defense.  My earthenform was 4 ft tall...

I envisioned my Earthenform to be akin to hopping into the Hulkbuster Iron Armor, since the text is Earth encasing your form rather than a transformation like Shifter. So mine were slightly taller, but not overly so.
    Who's to say they didn't summon earthmegazord and that's why they're inside the command post of a giant earth monster robot? hMM?
  • Mine was an earthen tentacle monster, who wants to come to my haven?

Reave
  • edited December 2021
    I swear I'm incapable of ununicorning my code without fucking something else up.
  • keep persevering
    edited December 2021
    In spinesreach, because of the busted sewers lol

ReaveLegynDidi
  • When some of your best character building RP is too explicit to post logs of T.T
    Ayastia
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Not winning any items in the Iron Lottery.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

ReaveMacavityWjoltyr
  • I think my peeve of the week would probably be PK fishing with traps, rites, glyphs. Putting up deterrents in well travelled areas and slapping together a fat enemy list that inevitably bonks someone you didn't actually intend to PK fish from is a tale as old as time, yet people still think it's okay. You suddenly get the urge to PVP? Sect. Or call Whirran's Dad an Oathbreaking crossdresser. Don't just mass lay traps and rites and glyphs and aegises around just because you're bored and you want to stir shit.
    NipsyAyastia
  • EliadonEliadon Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Naos said:

I think my peeve of the week would probably be PK fishing with traps, rites, glyphs. Putting up deterrents in well travelled areas and slapping together a fat enemy list that inevitably bonks someone you didn't actually intend to PK fish from is a tale as old as time, yet people still think it's okay. You suddenly get the urge to PVP? Sect. Or call Whirran's Dad an Oathbreaking crossdresser. Don't just mass lay traps and rites and glyphs and aegises around just because you're bored and you want to stir unicorns.

fwiw those are generally either leftover (glyphs either don't go away or take a very long time to go away without being dispelled, and I'm def not remembering every room I put a glyph in), intended for an existing group pk situation (and likely leftover from that), or intended for someone else. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who never CONFIG ENEMYLIST OFF's, and while you do technically get cause on the person whose trap you walked into I'm not convinced that the intent for most folks is to fish for pk.
    BenedictoIesid
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    edited January 2022
    Being told that it's fine to circumvent a very clearly implemented rule so long as you have the artifact to bypass it.

I just find it very poor taste and a very poor representation of fairness and sportsmanship in an event that's intended to be fun.
    IazamatSryaenValorieXavin
  • Eliadon said:

Naos said:

I think my peeve of the week would probably be PK fishing with traps, rites, glyphs. Putting up deterrents in well travelled areas and slapping together a fat enemy list that inevitably bonks someone you didn't actually intend to PK fish from is a tale as old as time, yet people still think it's okay. You suddenly get the urge to PVP? Sect. Or call Whirran's Dad an Oathbreaking crossdresser. Don't just mass lay traps and rites and glyphs and aegises around just because you're bored and you want to stir unicorns.

fwiw those are generally either leftover (glyphs either don't go away or take a very long time to go away without being dispelled, and I'm def not remembering every room I put a glyph in), intended for an existing group pk situation (and likely leftover from that), or intended for someone else. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who never CONFIG ENEMYLIST OFF's, and while you do technically get cause on the person whose trap you walked into I'm not convinced that the intent for most folks is to fish for pk.
    Nah, so like for Val's case, she said it's because as a matter of principle, she doesn't take people off her enemy list. (And in this case, this was during war, in which I wasn't involved.) So the only thing to do is just run through the traps and embrace tripping them. I don't know what her reason is for other people though.
  • Lim said:

Nah, so like for Val's case, she said it's because as a matter of principle, she doesn't take people off her enemy list. (And in this case, this was during war, in which I wasn't involved.)

I usually say a lot of stuff to joke around for memes, I did unenemy you during war, and you actually still aren't on my enemy list. Same as how I unenemied Mazzion the other day while he was walking through my duels, because he asked. I apologize for making you think otherwise.
    Almol
  • Ah, so it's another baddie Sentinel who's been enemying people and setting traps.
    Iesid
  • edited January 2022
    What do you mean events are supposed to be fun? They're meant to be all "GRRRR!!! KILL THE OTHER SIDE!!!!! NO FUN ALLOWED IF WE'RE NOT HAVING FUN TOO", sort of thing too.

My only lament about Y500 stuff is that the quizzes so often seem to fall on a weekday instead of a weekend. :(
    ReaveTeaniAyastiaWjoltyr
    edited January 2022
    Being in a situation that's very frustrating to you as a player, but your character's personality means they generally wouldn't care at all. It makes it hard to act authentically when you just wanna quit an org or something out of frustration, but you just gotta go "well my character wouldn't give a crap, so I guess I'll just try to ignore that thing's existence."

The addage "just do what's fun" does seem to apply here, but the awkward and uncomfortable situation that'd arise from being put in a contradictory rp scenario that I can't easily justify IC just feels like a separate brand of unfun to me.

TeaniReaveValorieNipsy
  • Missing most Y500 events because they're extremely early in the morning for me :(
    ReaveMacavityWjoltyr
  • I feel that, Czcibor.

NipsySibattiKurakRhineValorieAxiusElene