Mafia: Dead Divinities

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I never really like training when people go "you'll regret it" as that implies they are a power role. Gonna wait to see if Demarcus hears from Auresae/Omei to see if Aaarbs is basically safe to lynch, though given the labor (good luck on your baby!), it might not be something we hear back on. :/

That being said, if Aarbs turns out to be just vanilla? Bah, I'm almost ok with lynching, since a vanilla trying to play off as a power role is kinda annoying and scummy and not helpful.
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn

Auresae has identified themselves to me, and named Omei as well, confirming that the random message was saying that Omei found Auresae the first night. We're working out details on proof from their end right now. The one upside is that there are one of a few scenarios:

1) A baddie is role-claiming without a way to back it up and named someone who isn't Omei. Waiting on confirmation from the named Omei to rule this one out. They can message me to rule this scenario out.

2) Two baddies are role-claiming without a way to back it up and have essentially named themselves to us. Once the real Auresae or Omei are hit, we've got two Ascended that are going to be nothing more than a crater in the ground. A two-for-one doesn't seem like a very good trade.

3) They are who they say they are. This seems like the most plausible scenario, assuming scenario 1) isn't the correct scenario.

There is a fourth, completely horribly off chance scenario that the baddies *managed* to pick with just a single message the actual Auresae and we have a true Auresae and a false Omei. Highly improbable.

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Definitely a bad idea, but....you know....when you guys lose, remember ill be dancing and saying "Told you so"
    Aarbrok said:
    Definitely a bad idea, but....you know....when you guys lose, remember ill be dancing and saying "Told you so"

I like the odds.

Vote: Aarbrok

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I'm going to assume that either Aarbrok is not Omei or Auresae, that Demarcus was lying to us, or someone was lying to him. This should help sort it out though.

Yeah, I'm not hearing anything that sounds like Aarbs is a power role. 

• Vote: Aarbrok

Reasoning?

1 - Demarcus said so. He's currently the leader.

2 -  Another no lynch just nets us 2 people down guaranteed (Last nights kill and the coming night kill). With a daytime lynch now and the Justice League apparently being formed, we have a chance of hitting a bad guy tonight and maybe even getting another one tomorrow. I like the possible chances of lynching someone today much more than I like the inevitable outcome of not lynching anyone this round.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• Gah I hate that I can't edit posts.

"hitting a bad guy tonight and maybe even getting another one tomorrow" should be "hitting a bad guy TODAY and maybe even getting another one tomorrow". Pretty sure you guys knew what I meant, but just for clarification. >.>
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• That should do it for Aarb's if my count is right should be 10 at least.

• DAY 2

No Lynch: (2) Piper, Aarbrok
    Aarbrok: (10) Ilyon, Alexina, Trager, Macavity, Toz, Damonicus, Demarcus, Sarita, Moirean, Draiman
    Toz: (100) Slyphe
    Draiman: (100) Slyphe

(Gods): Aarbrok says, "You're going to regret this. I spend hours upon hours here helping out, and this is the thanks I get?"

(Gods): Galleus says, "Excuse me? You've been here for like 3 hours. I spend 8-12 hours a day here. Get on my level bro."

Choosing to take the opportunity to satisfy His fellow disguised Immortals, Galleus gave Aarbrok one waggle of His finely-trimmed eyebrows - the display was simply too much for Aarbrok's form to handle, which exploded in a gory display of viscera and Immortal chunks.

Aarbrok has been lynched.
    He was a Celani.

NIGHT 2

Severn is alive and still shadowy as ever.
    Auresae is alive with 2 immolation attempts left.
    Omei is alive and doing Her thing.
    Baelak Shipbreaker is sailing around with 3 armies remaining.
    There are 3 of the Ascended alive and plotting.
    Varian lives, eager to dispose of more of His children.
    There are 7 Celani peeling grapes somewhere.

Please PM me your night actions!

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I was gonna say im just a Cela.... (Insert explodey bits here)

OoooOoooo "Was at my moms birthday party, you guys have fun with the game though..... Sorry I dont really have time to be involved."
  • The radiating warmth of the fire used to illuminate and warm the area around the huddled Immortals flickers and distorts before abruptly fizzling out with a wisp of smoke that follows a piercing scream that shakes the firmament.

Moirean has been slain by the Ascended.
    She was Auresae.

DAY 3

Severn is alive and still shadowy as ever.
    Auresae is DEAD.
    Omei is alive and doing Her thing.
    Baelak Shipbreaker is sailing around with 3 armies remaining.
    There are 3 of the Ascended alive and plotting.
    Varian lives, eager to dispose of more of His children.
    There are 7 Celani peeling grapes somewhere.

8 votes to lynch

edited December 2013
    Good luck, guys!
  • Evidently I wasn't quite thorough in my listing of the rules. The night round will end as soon as I receive input from all of the night roles (Severn, Ascended/Varian, and Omei) with what they would like to do. I apologize if it was expected that night rounds would have additional time added to them for the sake of discussion and plotting or what have you.

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Well, I hope we get some intelligence from out fine leaders. I'm waiting to hear from Severn after they coordinate things.

Well, the sniffy sniff didn't turn up anything positive. So nothing concrete for today. Time for good 'ole fashion logicamaroo. Let the Kangaroo Kour konvene!

1) Alexina - Hasn't really contributed much of anything. Before you argue that nobody has contributed much of anything, lets see what all she's contributed.
     - First post = "Visiting family missed the thread, no lynch vote"
     - Second post = "Wouldn't roleclaiming be bad?"
     - Third post = "I agree with Ilyon, vote Aarbrok"

Jumped on the Aarbrok bandwagon pretty quickly with just the "I agree with Ilyon" reasoning. Also, Llok randomly voted for her in Day 1, then Llok dies. Hrmmmm.

2) Ciarelle - Again, hasn't really contributed much of anything.
     - First post = "I'm with Piper, holding my vote until sneaky people jump out" (Doesn't this make them not sneaky anymore?)
     - Second post = "Distracted in game! We have enough votes, but more never hurts. vote no lynch."
     - Third post = "... I got the impression that she meant she had found Auresae?"

Didn't vote on the Aarbrok bandwagon.

3) Ilyon - Lets see what we've got...
     - First post = "Getting rid of inactives early on does sound like a plausible approach, yes. Waiting on the votes to see who they are."
     - Second post = "Wait, why are we voting no lynch? This favors the mafia and doesn't that make it true for us?"
     - Third post = "I didn't like the first round no lynch, now Aarbrok proposes a second no lynch! I don't buy the not noticing it started either! Vote Aarbrok"

Now, one thing to note is that Aarbrok didn't actually propose a second no lynch. He didn't know who to vote for, so he voted for no one. I don't think voting "No Lynch" was an intentional vote, but rather the wrong way of saying "I'm not voting for anyone yet." If you wanted to get technical, Sarita voted No Lynch first. So if by Ilyon's logic we need to lynch Aarbrok, we need to off Sarita, too. Also, standard reasoning is that usually mafia will distance themselves from the no lynch vote to appear as vanilla as possible. Not a fan.

How do the defendents plea?

Actually, Piper was the first one to vote no lynch in the last day round. I only switched from Aarbrok to no lynch after Aarbrok finally posted, and that was just because it had been an attempt to get some information. Based on what he said and the fact that Demarcus voted, I felt more comfortable switching back.

Sarita said:
    Actually, Piper was the first one to vote no lynch in the last day round. I only switched from Aarbrok to no lynch after Aarbrok finally posted, and that was just because it had been an attempt to get some information. Based on what he said and the fact that Demarcus voted, I felt more comfortable switching back.

@Sarita - So let me get this straight. You don't even have the FoS pointed at you, and you're trying to defend yourself. Your very first post you indicated that you're not voting for anyone, which is different from a no lynch vote. Abstaining from a vote means just that, you don't vote for or against a lynch. You just chill. So I know you're capable of that. Yet when you switched your vote back, you went with the No Lynch option. After it was pointed out that you started the No Lynch train with said vote, you try and backpedal and pin it on Piper, who's post pretty clearly indicates that if she is voting it would have been for the previous day round. So we're working with a flimsy and entirely uncessary defense that isn't even true.

Then lets not forget the rereading the rules and suggesting that I don't roleclaim. I can understand the confusion of my clockwork Severns only persisting at night if you hadn't reread the rules and were thinking along the lines of the typical rules of previous games, but you explicitly stated that you *had* reread the rules. So either it was a completely contradictory whiff, or a serious derp moment and reading comprehension fail.

How's that for a sneaky person slipping up, @Lin ?

• Yeah, 'being inactive with a weird excuse' and 'voting nolynch' were both contributing factors for me. Sadly it didn't work out, but such is mafia. I'll also note that Sarita's withdrawn vote aside, I was the first one to vote for him, which isn't a typical mafia behavior - you want to look at the 2nd/3rd person on that train, as those are the positions best suited to "get a train going", so to speak.

Most esteemed Kangaroo Court, the defense rests.

Haven
  • Umm, not guilty? 

I've been on my phone all day so I'm only actually able to type a response now, so:

Re: my posts:
    1) I don't know what to say to that? I was holding my vote until someone seemed sneakier or just didn't ring true to me. It's pretty much what it says. 
    2) Pretty much what it says. Things IG have been interesting lately.
    3) Again, pretty much what it says. I interpreted the anonymous post as being about Auresae and said so immediately following Damonicus' post about the bad guys. 

Regarding Aarbrok, I honestly couldn't decide whether to vote for him or not. On one hand, as you noted, Sarita was actually the one who started the day 2 vote - or so I thought, I really couldn't tell whether Piper was really late to the previous round or ambiguously starting the second. He also reacted pretty much how I'd expect someone to react who was just catching up with posts and skimming. That in itself could be construed as shady, though, and he wasn't really engaging, so... undecided. By the time I got to actually look at this thread more than in passing, he was dead and so was our only way of verifying Demarcus actually is Severn.

Other than that, I've just been waiting for this power roles plan to get sorted and started, and just getting my head around the game generally. I'll try and post more from here on out.
    @Demarcus: I wasn't one of the three you went into detail about, but you did mention me in your post, so I felt like clarifying that point. According to my time zones (EST), the first day round ended on the 3rd on page 3. The night rough ended a post later on the 4th. Piper's no lynch post happened after that, so I'm not sure how you're getting the idea that I started it, when I didn't even switch until page 4.

As a side note, I don't know what FoS stands for. The closest thing I could think was Finger of Bat guana, but that doesn't exactly fit the context.
  • Finger of Suspicion.

Haven
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    edited December 2013
    Sarita said:

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    it should be noted that during a game like this, editing your posts is against the rules or is highly frowned upon

People stop editing your posts please!
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    Haven
    Macavity said:
    it should be noted that during a game like this, editing your posts is against the rules or is highly frowned upon

People stop editing your posts please!

I'll drop the matter after this post, but I think it's worthwhile to point out that if you post in a day round with red letters, it's assumed you're voting in that round. Teani counted Piper in the unofficial count, and Slyphe counted it as well in the official tally at the end of the round, so I think it's pretty obvious that I'm not the only one who assumed the post was a vote in that day round.
    Sarita said:
    I'll drop the matter after this post, but I think it's worthwhile to point out that if you post in a day round with red letters, it's assumed you're voting in that round. Teani counted Piper in the unofficial count, and Slyphe counted it as well in the official tally at the end of the round, so I think it's pretty obvious that I'm not the only one who assumed the post was a vote in that day round.

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    @piper your posting pics of your posts is odd, why are you doing that?  
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    Macavity said:
    @piper your posting pics of your posts is odd, why are you doing that?  

Sarita said:
    Here's the text of Piper's post-in-question:

"It's already been decided but I guess there's no difference between holding a vote and just voting for a NO LYNCH."

Now, if we break that down bit by bit we'll see that "It's already been decided" - This would suggest she is referring to the first day vote, since she was late getting to the party. Then everything happened. I'm *guessing* here, and Piper herself has confirmed, that she was just a page behind and a day late. I've done the same thing, not realizing there was an entire other page of posts. So she thought she was still in the original day round, where there were already the required number of votes for a no lynch.

Well, I guess that's all the breaking down it requires. If you want to maintain your stance, Sarita, that's fine. you "didn't start it".

Consider it a hunch. Consider it the blaring alarms going off in my head that Sarita had absolutely no reason to jump the gun to defend herself, or rather to "clarify the point." If you're not even really being considered, but you find something that damages your possible good standing with the dying Divinities, who is more likely to pounce to the defense? A vanilla Celani, or someone who is actually guilty?

Vote: Sarita
    Piper