Mafia: Dead Divinities

Comments

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Oh, ok. I saw the first part and kind of got antsy because I'm used to games where it only works at night.

• DAY 1

No Lynch: (11) Moirean, Macavity, Damonicus, Toz, Teani, Trager, Draiman, Periluna, Lin, Alexina, Ciarelle
    Alexina: (1) Llok

(Gods): Varian says, "Really guys? You're giving My crew and I a free attempt to murder one of You? I mean okay, that works too. Sure!

(Gods): Varian says, "...But before I kill anybody, can one of You direct Me towards somebody that uses Vista?"

There will be NO LYNCH this round.

NIGHT 1

Severn is alive and still shadowy as ever.
    Auresae is alive with 2 immolation attempts left.
    Omei is alive and doing Her thing.
    Baelak Shipbreaker is sailing around with 3 armies remaining.
    There are 3 of the Ascended alive and plotting.
    Varian lives, eager to dispose of more of His children.
    There are 9 Celani peeling grapes somewhere.

Please PM me your night actions!

EzalorMoirean
  • A piercing cry shakes the firmament as the first night of Varian's murderous streak comes to an end. Llok's dismembered form seems to be scattered about North of Trees in quite the gruesome display. 

Llok has been slain by the Ascended.
    He was a Celani.

DAY 2

Severn is alive and still shadowy as ever.
    Auresae is alive with 2 immolation attempts left.
    Omei is alive and doing Her thing.
    Baelak Shipbreaker is sailing around with 3 armies remaining.
    There are 3 of the Ascended alive and plotting.
    Varian lives, eager to dispose of more of His children.
    There are 8 Celani peeling grapes somewhere.

9 votes to lynch

• OoooOOOuuuchhhooooOOooOo
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    wow that sort of came out of no where, he barely made a few posts.  I was expecting them to kill Moirean or someone more vocal.  
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • Clearly what happened was Severn role claimed, but Slyphe deleted the post and is now claiming artifice.

But seriously, I feel like we wasted a day round without that role claim, and lost a celani. -_-
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    It's already been decided but I guess there's no difference between holding a vote and just voting for a NO LYNCH.

• As I understand it, Sev roleclaims TODAY. That means that he's now protected against a firebomb by his night action, so our vigilante can bomb him and confirm he's Sev. And THEN our cop can talk to him, and things get started. That being said? Not voting for anything just yet, because they've not spoken and I don't want the game to zip by without them.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Yeah, hopefully Severn protected himself so a claim can be made. Awaiting further information.

• I was under the impression that he claimed last night so Omei could investigate, then Auresae firebomb him to confirm her role.

• Guess I misunderstood something then. If everything is going according to plan then go team? XD

• Well, I dunno who he'd claim TO, is the thing. It'd be clearest if he roleclaimed out in the open, because if he roleclaimed to someone there's a chance it's scum. And then that's...special.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• Guessing the vote went quickly for the night people and Severn did protect himself. Now he needs to post and tell us who he is and Aure can confirm. Then we can start the real fun. So minor standstill till Severn speaks up.

The rules say there would have been an announcement if Auresae tried to kill someone and failed though.
  • I'm going to make a quick change here, sorry for the inconvenience:

If Auresae immolates a protected target, one of her immolation attempts will be used up.

If Baelak sends an army to attack a protected target, his army will function as originally planned.

Sorry if that seems to jive anything, I hadn't quite thought of how much of an advantage giving Auresae that ability could be.

Trager
  • So that makes role claiming like, suicide, doesn't it? Belakai could nuke Severn if he does role claim, and his protection is useless if someone else role claims. I understand that right?

• I beleive the edit was more to take a shot from Aure away if she happens to hit a protected target while if Bal does hit a protected target nothing changes from his original role.

Baelak Shipbreaker - Bealak is back, and hungrier than ever for power. He's managed to assemble an army of Nazedha larger than any army we've yet seen within Aetolia. His troops have been split into three divisions, each of which he can send to slay one person whenever he'd like, day or night.

Note: This can be done at any time, day or night. The kill will go through as soon as I get your PM. If the target is protected by Severn the target will not die, a message will be posted about the attempted attack and its failure, BUT the user will retain the shot.

So this still would not change the original plan as long as there are no more changes. We still need Severn to step up though.

• Damonicus is correct. Severn's protection will still last through the day and night, protecting him and any of his targets from either a night vote by the Ascended or a hit from Auresae/Baelak.

The only difference presented is that if Auresae DOES decide to use an immolation on a protected person in an attempt to role claim it's going to cost one of their 2 immolation attempts.

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Is roleclaiming this early really the best strategy? Won't that just mean that we'll lose Severn's ability (i.e he'll be forced to protect himself every round, forfeiting the chance to actually save someone).
    I think the general idea is that Severn can use the proven status to be a fairly reliable source of information from Omei when it exists for day lynches. We'd want Severn to stay protected because he'd essentially be the voice for all three (him, Omei, Auresae) and the celani. The only reason he wouldn't want to roleclaim and get that going is if he didn't protect himself last night.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    That changed a little bit of our gameplay, but it's still good to have someone to function as a secure base. Yes, Auresae will lose one shot to verify, but there's no one who can frame, so we can use that last shot later on and until then we can organize our votes.

• edited December 2013
    A burning moth floats through the pools, dripping ashes with each flutter of its wings. "I found the firebug," it whispers in a Rajamalan voice. "Last night, dancing through my dreams." With that, it whirls away into a cloud of smoke.

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    um what was that?!?!  
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • That was an anonymous message posted by request!

• That means Omei found a baddie and we need Severn to please role claim already so we can take it out. Esp if she found Bel.

• ... I got the impression that she meant she had found Auresae? 
    I'd interpreted it as Auresae, not a baddie, but before jumping to conclusions, keep this in mind:

1. Anyone can post anything. Someone who isn't Omei could have posted it to confuse us.

2. Do Omei's abilities even extend to knowing a person's role (minus the obvious Varian exception?) Because it not, and assuming the message is real, then

3. The only way to find out the role would be by asking the person directly. If this happened, the person in question may or may not have been honest.
  • Either way first point still stands, Severn needs to do something. Otherwise then this is just going to be like all the other games we have played where it takes days and days just to decide on who to vote for. Also,  that does make sense about Aure. It has been almost a full day since the night round. Please let's just do something already.

edited December 2013
    Going back to the point I made in the last day round about people who don't contribute to the game, I'm going to go ahead and Vote: Aarbrok.

This is purely due to @Aarbrok being the only person to have not posted anything in the thread at all since the game began, which as we've seen in other games does make things drag on. My vote will stand until either Aarbrok posts something, or possibly until we hear from Severn.
    Sorry for the edits. I don't really know how to color text right, apparently. That's all I changed.