Mafia: Dead Divinities

Comments

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Moirean yes, of course. Just saying there should be a decent chance to start grouping up under one known ally rather quickly, which seems quite unsual to me, but good!

• I am going for a no vote and here is why. Severn can protect himself tonight. He can then role claim and keep protection upon himself. Once Severn is proven through either Omei or Aure that same night, We can start then by voting from Severn as he would now know who Omei and Aure is privately and they can feed us all the baddies. Thank yo uladies and gentlemen. I will be here all week.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    That could work. An alternative is that Auresae roleclaims and Severn protects her; she then hits herself to verify it. This second option is a bit more convoluted, but I think Severn's a more important role, personally, and him roleclaiming off the bat makes me feel uneasy.
  • Problem I see with yours though Moirean, that if Severn's protection is not on himself. He can get killed in 2 different ways, then once he is gone. There is no protection left what so ever. Then it become a shot in the dark as for day time votes. As there is no role blocking ability in the game. Severn is pretty much safe day and night as long as he remains keepinig the protection on himself. But since it does not start until night, we would be risking the chance of taking him out now.  Severn by far is the safest choice to role claim after this day round concludes and will lead to Varian's fall. Any other roleclaim would lead to leaving one of the other gods out in the open and hope that they do not get picked off by night voting or Bel.

Oh huh. Yeah, I'd say that's kinda an awesome loophole in the setup. Might as well exploit it, muha!

Unvote: Trager
    Vote: No Lynch
    Lin
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Right. I'm off to work, Severn, you should make your move!
  • We need to go to night round first. With a no lynch (if allowed) we can move onto this plan. Once night round hits, Severn must make sure he has his protection on himself. Then he can role claim. Now, once tha tis done Omei you can sight him. And once oyu have you rproof you can pm Severn and we have 2 good guys on the same page, but wait there is more. Aure can also shoot him proving to herself that it is Severn, pm him also and then we have a 3 way set up that can only be messed up if we really screw it up. We can effectively go through and train each round, those that do not follow, well they are either scum or fell off the wagon so not needed anyways.

• Also, my typing is bad this morning waiting on coffee. But I am not editing!! :D

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Thanks @piper for responding...  so I am changing my vote, and really think a no lynch is the best here.  

UNVOTE: Piper

VOTE: No Lynch
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • DUH!

VOTE: No Lynch

Knew I forgot something.

• edited December 2013
    No Lynch: (3) Moirean, Macavity, Damonicus
    Lin: (1) Demarcus
    Moirean: (1) Trager
    Alexina: (1) Llok

9 Votes needed!

• Was operating under the assumption that the replica was during the night only - daytime is much stronger. So yes,

Vote: No lynch

Hail to the Severn, baby. We don't need no Aquaman knock-off here (except to run the game I guess! >_>).

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• Wait what, why are you guys voting nolynch? In the standard mafia setup (which ours is very close too) a nolynch only favors the mafia, what is different here to make this not true for us?

See all the posts before yours...
    I think we don't want to risk the off-chance that we kill Severn, who is basically our route to success, on the first day's random lynch.

Vote: no lynch

Trager
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    A loss of any of the three would be a huge hit on our side.

Unvote: Moirean

(Can't figure out coloring my words on my phone, unfortunately.)
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

• So once stage one is over. Stage two is a bit more interesting and depending on the outcome of the night kill. Severn will obviously be feeding everyone the lynch, Omei and Aure will stay hidden and only communicate with Sev through pm, of course talk on the thread as well but do not devulge any information. Now we can go about this two ways. One, is a search and destroy mission. Where Sev only gives a name to lynch if Omei found out it was a baddie. Otherwise Sev can start a no lynch. Now as unpleasable as this may sound. It keep the numbers in favor of the good guys. As we would only lose 1 per round instead of possibly 2. It also gathers a list for Omei, Now each round would consist of a night search from Omei,. day round is a no lynch or main target. As the baddies cannot hide besdies Varian. So currently there is 17 players. So a 12 vs 5 situation would seem in our favor to spend some rounds not killing off our own for the sake of progressing. Or there is option 2, just mass slaughter until only Severn stands.  Chances are this will be my last post since once we get to the night round. I'll probably be getting axed for well. Making it even harder for the baddies to even try to win. YAY ME!

• @Moirean I was reading it on my phone, which is painful, regardless of how long/short the posts are. I was making a post more or less just to make a post, since someone had already mentioned something about offing inactive people already.

Damo's plan sounds pretty good. I think I'm right in saying that it's a good time to push it into night round? I'm terrible at math, and I know we have players all over the world, but I'm assuming if we hurry up and push it into night round then pretty much everyone would have a chance to get their votes in the night round within the 12 hour period pretty easily?

Vote: No lynch
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• Wow - went to bed last night (read: very early this morning) with only a few comments in the thread and came home tonight to two pages. I agree with Damon on this. Also, nolynch in a more vanilla game like this one is usually better.

VOTE: NOLYNCH
    I'd actually recommend that Auresae be the one to confirm Severn's identity, leaving Omei to start gathering information for the second day's round, bringing more and more people into the secure group.

• edited December 2013

No Lynch: (8) Moirean, Macavity, Damonicus, Toz, Teani, Trager, Draiman, Periluna
    Lin: (1) Demarcus

9 Votes needed!

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Whoop, I wasn't supposed to be voting for Demarcus. I'm going with...

• DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Lin said:
    I haven't played Mafia in a while, so if there are newer strategies we try to encourage I've been a bit out of the loop. I rescind my vote, for now.

Unvote: Llok

(And yes, even removing my name from a random list makes it still random. That's not how statistics works.)
    I was more going for the impartial aspect of being random. I'm familiar with some of the mathematical theory behind random numbers.

Unvote: Lin
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Cripes, missed the entire second page. Apologies for double posting. No point in doing anything now, but I hope this Severn character doesn't get offed tonight.
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Sorries, people. I've been visiting family for most of today and completely missed this thread. I'll go with no lynch since the voting almost seems done. Your plan better work!
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    As a follow-up to the post I made earlier in the thread, it's now been over 24 hours since we started. Everyone but Aarbrok has contributed in some way or another, which is something we may want to keep in mind for future threads. For now, we already have more than the nine votes required for the (no) lynch, so hopefully things go as planned in the night round.
  • ... got distracted with stuff in-game and I think we've already got more than enough votes, but no lynch sounds good to me too. I'm really hoping this plan works out for us.

Vote: no lynch
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    On second thought after rereading the rules, Severn should NOT roleclaim. His protection only works in the evening, but Baelak can hit during the day too.
    Severn - Once per night Severn can create a passable, though not-quite-intelligent replica of any immortal. This replica will surely be enough to protect his selected target from any attacks during the night and following day.

He sets it at night. It lasts for that night and the following day.