LOVE

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Struggling with my husband deploying to Afghanistan for nine to eighteen months. Love getting the support I do from people like @Kiershu and @Geronimo, they've been very helpful and always positive towards me. I try to escape reality with the game but sometimes it doesn't work and I just end up staring at my screen - so I apologize to anyone that may notice that my characters are sometimes disconnected, or if you come to me and I'm flat out non responsive.. Dealing with this and all my IC responsibilities the best I can. </3

On a more positive note, I should be done moving for the next nine months because of this. I'm back home and in Colorado finally with a stable internet connection, and a bed to sleep in! It's been pretty rough the last two months trying to figure out where we were gonna be livin'!

PiperRou

• "To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

Zaephlyn
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    WE. HAVE. INTERNET.. again.
    ZaephlynDaskalosLinJasline
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    One good thing about having no internet... I finally played through Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for the first time.

OH

MY

GOD

The next time the entire internet raves about how good a game is, I'll pay attention.
    Periluna
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    My teacher is being ridiculously lenient on like... everything.  Ever.  She keeps leaving assignments open for "just three more days," "just through the weekend," "just until next class." 

So I explain to her that I need to leave early because lolbipolar and she says stay for me to explain a thing (which I needed explained) and I'll tell you when to go.  A three hour class and she let me go after 30 minutes (which I was grateful for attending because I was hella confused). 

Then I missed the next class entirely because lolbipolarmeds.  I came in today and she didn't even ask why I missed, asked if I was okay and how caught up on the work I was and did I need anything and so on.

She's the VP at the local credit union, so for some reason I was expecting her to be super strict, but she's really, really reasonable.  She also brings people in from her work to give speeches.  Today was an investment broker talking about different retirement accounts (it's a personal finance course).

Also, the work is easy (much more 'whole concept' stuff instead of 'tiny detail' stuff) and she was just like "ehh I don't think I'm gonna do a final.  The semester is too short."

I was really dreading this class, but she's making it interesting, useful, and not stressful.
    Aryanne
  • Lin said:
    One good thing about having no internet... I finally played through Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for the first time.
    I highly suggest looking at the Gametrailers retrospective for the Castlevania series.

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/nmyx1g/gt-retrospectives-castlevania-retrospective--part-ii This part deals directly with the Symphony of Night arc and the entire webseries is incredibly well-done by GT.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    So many bands to promote!

First band we saw at the gates was a baby band local to the Portsmouth, Va indi scene, up-and coming On The Bright Side who's admittedly unpolished live offerings are supplemented not only by the obviously close relationship the bandmates shared with one another (which could be felt even in the audience) but by the young singer's powerful, if untrained voice. A band to look out for if you love watching baby bands grow and mature, I wish them all the luck!

First band on stage was darkhorse favorite, HB Surround Sound. Each of the bandmates brings a palpable energy and personality to their performances, especially the vaguely mad scientist-ish frontmant. Their music blends several genres of rock including ska and classic rock with a faint hint of a 50s diner aesthetic. The fact that the first band on stage, basically playing for a crowd of about 100 early birds was this good definitely got me excited for the rest of the show. I will warn you that they're far better live than in recording.

Pennywise was, of course, a good show and spawned a good mosh pit, but the staff at the Pavilion didn't really seem to know how to deal with it, and kept trying to break the pit up at first. I think they'd not had a punk show there before and didn't know what to really expect, or were expecting the worst. This was a SUBLIME show, though. Of course we're going to be moshing and skanking, it's all good vibes, maaaan. A touching moment was the band's dedication of a few songs to the memory of deceased Sublime frontman, Bradley Nowell.

I'm not going to try and review Sublime with Rome's set, because I lack the words to do it justice. Suffice it to say that I screamed my voice hoarse singing along with old Sublime favorites. We all lost it. Several times. Rome is a worthy successor to Mr. Nowell and I'm excited for the new band's future. SUBLIIIIIME!
    I don't know if any of you guys like to play boardgames and card games and stuff but one of my favorite things to do is have a Smash Up night with my friends. That game is amazing and if you're ever interested in non-video gaming, I totally recommend that. Always coming out with expansions!

Nothing like a Bear Calvary and Robot army deck to fight against Zombies and Ninjas!
  • I love board games and table top RPGs! So much fun. Apples to apples is my fav card game ever.
  • Potentially not losing something awesome because of several months of serious depression. 

People giving me new board game ideas (<3!).

The fact that I am more than halfway done with summer. 
    imageimage
    Zaephlyn
  • Minarael said:

You don't need more things at which to lose!

• Vharen said:
    Minarael said:

You don't need more things at which to lose!
    What's our record for Dominion? Like..4,1223 me to your 3 wins? And I'm starting to routinely kick your butt at Nethack now that I comprehend the dang rules. 

-struts-
    imageimage
  • Hardly a fair game. Everyone knows deckers can't handle the charisma rolls your assets afford.

MinaraelSetne
  • Jasline said:
    I love board games and table top RPGs! So much fun. Apples to apples is my fav card game ever.

Have you ever played Cards Against Humanity? Apples to Apples used to be my favorite, then I found that. It's essentially just the rated R version, but it's absolutely hilarious.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    MinaraelPiperMoireanValenae
  • If I go to IronCon next year, I will absolutely be bringing Cards Against Humanity, because I can think of no better crowd to play that with than a bunch of IRE gamers.
    imageimage
    My friends regularly play Apples to Apples and Cards against Humanity, yes. Best ways to spend time and drink with friends :)
    KaetrielaMoireanMinarael
  • Piper said:
    My friends regularly play Apples to Apples and Cards against Humanity, yes. Best ways to spend time and drink with friends :)

My buddies and I play it so that if you win, you're exempt from drinking that round. Everybody else that lost; however, bottoms up!

..It's pretty fantastic.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • I haven't heard of this Cards against Humanity game. I'm going to have to google it now.
    Aarde
    Finally, after all those weeks of not having the time/interest.. all the boxes (save one) are unpacked and my bedroom looks like a legit bedroom instead of a garbage dump! Horray!
    BenedictoHavenLinJaslineZaephlyn
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    I love that the Silverain family is growing. It was sad that it had dwindled steadily with the departure of various members, the last of which was Talonnb. But now thanks to @rivas and his overactive loins, the family is growing once again! Good times!
    AardeAryanne
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited July 2013
    I am happy there are awesome people to create RP with if you need help and ask around, people answer. If it wasnt for people like @Angwe, @Meyvitch, @Meskhenet, @Aren, and @Daskalos.  I would have gotten so nervous trying to playout my RP like I did, I froze up a few times lost for ideas on what to do, but you all had a part in helping me out.  

Don't let me forget @Haern, I think between me shouting, praying, pleading with anything that had your name involved in it, you likely were like...WHAT, AARBROK!? Although I had a feeling it was you who put in some godly touches during some of the RP., Thank you again for all that you do for us players.

So thank you very much.
    Daskalos
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Thunder and Lightning!
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    edited July 2013
    Haven said:
    Thunder and Lightning!
    Aarbrok
  • guys guys guys

new shingeki is out guys
    Setne
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Munsia logged off so now I can bash!

MoireanAarbrokZaephlynJasline
  • Benedicto said:
    I love that the Silverain family is growing. It was sad that it had dwindled steadily with the departure of various members, the last of which was Talonnb. But now thanks to @rivas and his INTERactive loins, the family is growing once again! Good times!
    Oh hey man I fixed that for you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

Aryanne
    More love! I just bought Baldur's Gate and have been learning to play it for the first time. Oh god, what have I been missing? This game is going to devour my life!
    DraimanLinTeaniBakhtuhEsper
    Double post! SO MUCH LOVE THIS WEEKEND!

The Ustream. That was great and thanks for answering some of our questions Raz!
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms

** Summary for (Enorian) Election #284810 *************************************
    Title:                        (Already voted) (Days until close: -1)

times two

Welp! Welcome to Enorian!
  • Elections just went into sudden death?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz