Mafia: The Return of Ashtan

Comments

• I forgot to mention this previously, but there are 10 votes required to lynch this round.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • You know what?

Having slept on it, having considered it, Vharen's rationale just doesn't scan. He was playing a totally different character on page one than he was on the following pages, and I can't reconcile that disparity. Perhaps I am wrong, but I've always played these games on a basis of trusting my instincts. Vharen is smart - very much so. It does not strike me as unlikely that a coordinated effort could have been made to avoid the usual 'bandwagon syndrome' that afflicts scum in these games, much as I suggested previously. Therefore...

Get 'im, girls and boys (and those who do not necessarily fall within the gender binary, but are nonetheless herein implied as subservient Ashtani goons.)

Vote: Vharen

i am rapture coder
  • Vote: Vharen

• To be fair you've taken out one of the underlings on a pure whim and it's turned out good. Do we need much more of a positive start than this? The best case scenario is we kill 2 off. The worst we kill a positive role off.

Why not just vote null this round and see where le undead leave us in the morning?

Vote: Noobooody
  • Nolynch is our worst possible option.

Our odds of killing scum - and beyond my one remaining shot, this is our only way of doing so - vanish to 0% if we vote for a nolynch. It's giving the scum a free round.

No one should be voting nolynch. A slim chance of killing scum is better than no chance at all, and if we wait for the odds to improve, their odds of winning will be that much higher.

i am rapture coder
  • They haven't had a free round. You killed one.
  • You misunderstand me, then.

Seeing who the town votes for is our most valuable asset, particularly in a game where the Bahkatu's investigations can easily be called into question by the presence of a framer. It is going to be one of our only solid, unquestionable sources of information, and by encouraging us to vote for nobody, you are encouraging us to pass up one round of opportunity to generate valuable information for the later rounds. The way we catch scum is by looking at voter trends and comparing bandwagons. If we don't have that information, we are just as uninformed as when the game began, and the scum get an edge.

i am rapture coder
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Yeah, nolynch sounds like a terrible idea. Sure, we got a good start already, but that doesn't mean we can sit back and relax. There are still some people who haven't said anything, but I suppose that's because they, like me, were startled by the quick beginning.

I'll jump onboard for now.

• Right, looks like playing a game of follow the white rabbit, I mean Omei, is our best option right now.

VOTE: Vharen

Although, I must say that Llok's nolynch attempts are sounding kind of suspicious as well - maybe that's just lack of experience, though.

• I've played and won more games than any of you.
  • Now, Now. That is not necessary.

• Following the trend while I observe.

VOTE: Vharen
  • edited July 2013

Omei: (1) Aren

Vharen: (1) Demarcus

Aren: (1) Meskhenet

Demarcus: (1) Vharen

Vharen: (6) Moirean, Omei, Damonicus, Teani, Ilyon, Etrigan

NoLynch: (1) Llok

10 Votes needed to lynch

Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    I came into this game thinking I kinda had an idea on what was going on after watching the first one and talking to Ezalor about it a lot. Yea no. I'll tag along with the almighty Omei though.

"You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Actually, Aldric, it's 7 (now 8) votes for Vharen. I voted for him in my first and only post, but I don't know how to make colors. I shall now experiment.

Still-Vote: Vharen

Success! (I think?)
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    edited July 2013

Well.. you all leave a lot for a girl to read through, dontcha!?

I'm afraid that i'm going to have to stick with the crowd on this one, though. Unoriginal, I know, but no speech needs to be made when someone's just flailing around verbally to cover their toosh.

VOTE: VHAREN

(Editted to fix the color and FAILED)

• One must bend to the group's will. 

</code><code>
  • Whoops, sorry Demarcus, I had yours but for some reason Vharen was just special enough to be counted twice, separately. My apologies!

Omei: (1) Aren

Aren: (1) Meskhenet

Vharen: (9) Moirean, Omei, Damonicus, Teani, Ilyon, Etrigan, Draiman, Demarcus, Piper

10 to lynch!

• Sheesh this went by fast! Well, since Omei was random for me, after all that went down I'll be the last vote for this then.

Unvote: Omei
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Aldric said:
    Whoops, sorry Demarcus, I had yours but for some reason Vharen was just special enough to be counted twice, separately. My apologies!
    It's all good!
  • edited July 2013
    Meskhenet posted at almost the exact same time as I did, sorry folks!
    ..Then Aren posted while I was writing this, yay  overkill?

Vharen: (11) Moirean, Omei, Damonicus, Teani, Ilyon, Etrigan, Draiman, Demarcus, Piper, Meskhenet, Aren

10 to lynch!

With the recent discovery of the Marzpawn Xenia at the docks, the citizens of Ashtan were absolutely fired up. Suspicions were flung back and forth, fingers flying in every direction as accusations were made by the dozen.

"You," Omei declared, leveling a single finger at Vharen. 

The single word uttered was enough to abruptly silence the bickering crowd, and they slowly started nodding in agreement. "Yeah, you are pretty sketchy," came another person in the mob. "MARZPAWN!" shrieked another. 

"You won't take this city," a man in the crowd lowly spoke. In a flash the man was upon Vharen. It took only a moment for him to shove Vharen's head into the waters nearby, and but one more for another member of the crowd to lurch forward and snap the poor, drowning man's neck. 

Further inspection of the body immediately afterwards; however, revealed no signs of him being one of the Dreikathi.

Vharen has been lynched.

He was a Citizen.

NIGHT 1 HAS BEGUN

Marzpawns remain
    The Polemarch is alive

The Sentaari is alive
    The Bahkatu is alive
    The Ascendril is alive
    10 Citizens remain

• edited July 2013
    That makes 10. Lynch it was, and we lost a citizen.
  • ...Really? Well I'll be goldarned.

Chuck him in the sea with the others.

i am rapture coder
  • Well unfortunately, sacrifices had to be made to move into the next round. There is only four of them left while 14 of us remain.  Mistakes will be made, just continue with the plan and eventually all of the scum will get destroyed.

• ... Wow, that all happened fast!

While I understand that Omei is our confirmed ally here, so "In Omei We Trust", I am a little perturbed by the train-mentality that most of the people seemed to jump right on there with just "Yeah, what she said!" sorts of reasoning. I hope this 50/50 shot will encourage folks to at least chip in a LITTLE more personal reasoning and thought into the votes. With no syssin this game, we have a MUCH better chance of success than the typical game, so lets not throw ourselves under the bus by blindly following the only power role we know, yeah?

(We are allowed to post at night... right?)

HavenEzalor
  • Posting at night is perfectly fine!
  • I certainly agree with Aryanne. Others spoke up whose words definitely should have been examined more closely. Vharen provided a solid reason for his change of opinion. 

Omei is also pretty dang smart, but perhaps a little too quick to launch at names on a whim. 
    imageimage
  • Yes, we should absolutely keep debating and demanding good reasons for the lynches we perform. That only makes good sense; in fact, I'm casting a suspicious eye at everyone who voted after me based on such minimal reasoning, and so should the rest of you.

i am rapture coder
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    awe, I didnt even get to vote!  lol  bummer
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."