Short COMBAT Questions

Comments

• Quick question regarding warhounds:

When you're dealing with leveling them up, in all cases I've noticed they've learned a total of 6 minor traits by the time they've reached level 10 (counting the typically-inherent negative one).

In two cases now I've noticed that if you use the beastmaster ability in warhounds to erase a minor trait before they've reached level 10, you end up with only a total of 4 minor traits by the time they've reached the maximum level. Is this intended, or is it an odd bug cropping up?
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    There's a bug where hounds can get the same trait twice, so they end up with fewer than they should. You might be seeing that.
    edited October 2014
    Edit: Ezalor found out why. Apparently wipe is being sent. There might be something weird going on with command separator, since wipe is coming before envenom, in my settings.
  • I've heard people refer to shaman loki as "smart" loki, meaning it won't deliver an affliction the target already has. Do other skills that deliver random afflictions (unspecified moon/tarot cards) work the same way?
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Idk who you heard refer to that as that but none of the information is right.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    edited December 2014
    "smart" loki is just trackable affs, with some of the trash affs loki gives removed.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Doesn't sound like Loki to me at all, then.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Blaming my misinformation on @Ezalor and a shrub who use to be a shaman.

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    "Smart loki" is liaison shorthand for the effect used in class abilities that give random afflictions. The "smart" refers to the fact that, of the pool of potential afflictions, only those which the target doesn't currently have will be applied. In essence, no wasted procs.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Ishin
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    edited December 2014
    Regardless, my question is still unanswered D:

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Draiman said:

Regardless, my question is still unanswered D:

Many random affliction abilities work that way. In fact, it's probably easier to list the exceptions. Unfortunately, I don't really know either list off the top of my head. If there's a specific one you're thinking about, I'm happy to check into it.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Draiman
  • Moon and Sun tarot, specifically. It's not really a big deal, I'm just curious. Thank you.

So Draiman was absolutely correct - they don't double up. Moon and Sun don't either.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I guess the misunderstanding is just in what Shamans have. Pretty sure I've never noticed it behaving like that. Tested on serrice and it seemed to double up on a couple venoms, but not enough time to test more extensively. >_>
  • You swiftly remove the shield from your back.
    You use Weaponry Quickwield.
    You fluidly swap a chipped bone dagger with a reinforced tower shield in your left hand.
    H:5222 M:4324 E:26400 W:20805 B:100% Night [csdb eb] Soul: 100quickwield left dagger
    You fluidly swap a reinforced tower shield with a chipped bone dagger in your left hand.
    H:5222 M:4324 E:26400 W:20805 B:100% Night [csdb eb] Soul: 100quickwield left tower
    You fluidly swap a chipped bone dagger with a reinforced tower shield in your left hand.
    Balance Used: 0.46 seconds

^ is that a bug/oversight? I have shieldstance in weaponry, was just assuming it would automagically wear the shield when you use quickwield to replace it.

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    You know just splitting over here from some deraily stuff in the RAGE thread. Replying to something @Lim said. If you wanna get someone else to start teaching you combat one of the best ways you can serve that is trying out EVERY skill and trying to figure out what it does beforehand. Sometimes if we're trying to teach we'll tend to get a little ranty and it really helps a lot if you already know what the basic things in your toolkit do before we start ranting off offensive progressions or good aff routes. I remember teaching @Lim things to be a DELIGHT because he had already taken the time to learn the basics of what his skills did so there was no need to belabor every little point.
    AshmerIshin
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    That's also a big thing, most of us don't mind helping you learn, but I think what you can expect to get from people is the general overview of the strategies, how skills interact best, routes, big long ranty lists of skills to use in what order even. Plus things like spars and tips based on fights... But things like building your offense and tracking is usually left to the learner, which I agree is the hardest part. Code help can be the hardest to come by. (Ok there totally are people out there who don't mind helping, but it's probably the hardest type of help to find.)
    Ishin
  • SaervokSaervok Waterford
    So this should be a fairly short question, and I know it has been asked before. Does anyone know the curing order/afflictions cured with regards to Tree, Focus, and Purify Blood? I haven't been able to find a good list anywhere, and I know I'm not the only person who could benefit from this information.

@Oleis We have HELP CURES {REANIMATION|CONCOCTIONS} which gives us a nice formatted list for those types of items and what they cure. Would it be possible to add something like that into the AB files for the related skills? As it stands they are extremely vague. Or maybe I am just looking in the wrong place.
  • Tree and purify blood are random.

Focus would be under HELP FOCUSING.
  • edited January 2015
    I know there is HELP FOCUSING for cure order of focus. Tree and purify blood are random.

Note: I just updated that file to have that noted and added some extra help tags so that people can m ore easily find it.
    Ishin
  • I really need some clarification on how audit works.

As Indo, without putrefaction:

Cutting | 25% 0% 61% Total - 47%

The following abilities and items are protecting you from Cutting damage:
    Energy Shell: 5%
    Divine Favor: 10%
    Wielded Shield: 33%
    Armor: 28%
    Racial Resistance: 10%

Total number here is 86.

As Scio, without shell:

Cutting | 44% 0% 33% Total - 51%

The following abilities and items are protecting you from Cutting damage:
    Stoneskin: 24%
    Divine Favor: 10%
    Wielded Shield: 33%
    Racial Resistance: 10%

Total number here is 77.

Could this information be changed to reflect something a little less confusing? I mean, looking at it all, there is no way my audit in Scio is suppose to be higher than my audit in Indo, not when my scale armor -apparently- offers more protection than stoneskin. When total audit is configured do skills that reduce damage come into the equation before armor or something, making them worth more? Or is my audit just bugged?

KendriMalokIshin
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Armor is weighted differently (less).

Draiman
  • Would still be nice if that was shown in the information provided by audit. Thank you though.

• KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    It's pretty hard to give an accurate number. For example the Slam throw in Tekura will allow armor to modify 100% of the damage, where as something like Spike from Tracking will only modify 20% of damage.

We do our best by assuming roughly of 50% (which is the norm for most skills) of the damage is modifiable by armor, and this is only further complicated by that resistances and miniskills that aren't part of this rule and don't stack linearly.

So AUDIT can only really give you an approximation of how much you'll reduce a damage type by. It should be fairly correct nine times of out of ten in PvP. In PvE it'll probably be a bit higher if you have a lot of armor instead of resistances/miniskills.
    Draiman
  • Thanks for the info, helps make more sense of everything.

• Is Fool Tarot being stopped by full paralysis a bug? I haven't tested all of my class curing yet (working on it) but so far none of my other classes healing skills are stopped by full paralysis, and neither is fitness. Feels like a bug.

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    ahhh MOST should be stopped by paresis, let alone full paralysis.
    Ishin
  • So far it's only stopped all Shaman curing, Templar passive (they still have fitness though), and Fool Tarot. Fitness, Bloodleech (says in ab it's suppose to cure paralysis so w/e), Shrugging, and Purify Blood aren't. I don't really want to switch to Carnifex right now so I can't test purge, but they have recklessness/fitness anyways.

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    there was a big change to active cures last year, not every single one got hit by it tho.
  • It seems a bit silly that Fool would be stopped by full paralysis when Indorani have no other active or passive curing skills in their kit, or a guaranteed lock breaker like fitness. I know some people like to say that's due to their aff rate but I don't want to turn this into THAT argument, I'll just say that there's faster classes with more curing options/lock breakers that aren't stopped by full paralysis, so therefor silly.

Ishin