Short COMBAT Questions

Comments

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Weird. I dunno! Maybe vanillaforums pushed out an update. I didn't do anything on purpose.

You may have noticed that some of our post editing options poofed, too. Can't find those anywhere.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    I tried to mimic it by quoting your post, but the preview didn't show it, and yes, the missing posting options makes me sad.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Setne said:

I tried to mimic it by quoting your post, but the preview didn't show it, and yes, the missing posting options makes me sad.

It won't show on the preview, but it does show in the main thread for nested quotes above 3(?) levels. Neat!
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Setne
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited May 2014
    Oleis said:

Setne said:

It won't show on the preview, but it does show in the main thread for nested quotes above 3(?) levels. Neat!
    orly
    testing said:

imps said:

I can trick it!

:)
    Ashmer
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    @Everyone : I've heard that dstab has a speed cap at like 2.44 or something. Is this a hard-cap, or more of an 'effective cap' because trying to stack speed past it is not worth?
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Ishin said:
    @Everyone : I've heard that dstab has a speed cap at like 2.44 or something. Is this a hard-cap, or more of an 'effective cap' because trying to stack speed past it is not worth?
    If it's anything like it was before the global speed reduction, even 180 speed and a level 3 rune will only net you a few hundreths of a second. I haven't noticed any difference between a 178 and a 180 either. I haven't done any tests in a long while though, it might be worth poking at.
    *unnecessary banner*
    edited May 2014
    Once you hit 178, there's no difference between that and 180. I only forged a billion for a 180 because I got a rune to stick on it. I'm down to 2.45s with it, but tbh the level3 rune isn't worth it for dstab speed.

I want to say 178-180 is what, 2.47s? If that's the case, I'd probably be better off to just break the one I have and put my rune on my flail for lolTeradrimbashing.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Teradrim flail doesn't care about any stat but damage anyway afaik. So uh, you actually should just get a 178-179 damage flail and ignore the other stats there, too >_>

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Toz said:

Teradrim flail doesn't care about any stat but damage anyway afaik. So uh, you actually should just get a 178-179 damage flail and ignore the other stats there, too >_>

I did >.> My flail's like 179 and it just chills, lol, smoking the shit out of stuff that I crit on. Batter be nasty, yo.

learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    So uh...does the Deadening affliction still do anything for Syssin, or is that now a legacy aff like Selarnia? If so...liaison report time >.>
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    edited May 2014
    Affliction: Deadening.
    Diagnose: of a deadened mind.
    Cure message: You are no longer deadened.

Description:
    Increases the speed of obtaining a mind lock upon you by 20%.

Herb: Nothing. Slice: Nothing.
    Salve: Nothing. Poultice: Nothing.
    Smoked: Elm. Tincture: Demulcent.
    Special: Nothing.
    [6400(104)|4830(105)-(103)|(104)] ~0~ [B:100%] [db--b] 43.56%

Seems no.
  • 178 dirk dstab without balance enhancement is 2.66.
    So the 'lol u mist' line for flaying shield/rebounding is the same. How hard would it be to get it changed to like, 'You can't flay Ishin's shield because he doesn't have one.' or something like that, instead of the generic 'lolnope' line there is now??
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Draiman
  • Ishin said:

So the 'lol u mist' line for flaying shield/rebounding is the same. How hard would it be to get it changed to like, 'You can't flay Ishin's shield because he doesn't have one.' or something like that, instead of the generic 'lolnope' line there is now??

I just made it make my aff tracker show target has no rebound shield or sileris, but it would be nice if it were more specific.
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    Anyone know offhand the difference in dsk speed with balance bonus vs no bonus with right at max speed swords? Hitting 2.10 dsk and wondering if it would be worth it to be tankier at the cost of a dsk ever 4 seconds or something.
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Stathan said:

Anyone know offhand the difference in dsk speed with balance bonus vs no bonus with right at max speed swords? Hitting 2.10 dsk and wondering if it would be worth it to be tankier at the cost of a dsk ever 4 seconds or something.

I don't have the numbers off of the top of my head, but if it's anything over .1 seconds it's worth the enhancement point, in my opinion. Max health doesn't factor heavily into defensive capability in PK right now.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Just reincarnated to test. DSK without +bal and two 178 speed scimitars was 2.26 seconds, the same but WITH +bal was 2.10 seconds.
    AshmerStathan
    Ashmer said:

I don't have the numbers off of the top of my head, but if it's anything over .1 seconds it's worth the enhancement point, in my opinion. Max health doesn't factor heavily into defensive capability in PK right now.

Thank you @Areka for the numbers.

But, @Ashmer I think I need to expand on my reasoning. Lately, I've been first target at lessers and my logic was that extra 600 health or so would be very very helpful.
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Stathan said:

Ashmer said:

Thank you @Areka for the numbers.

But, @Ashmer I think I need to expand on my reasoning. Lately, I've been first target at lessers and my logic was that extra 600 health or so would be very very helpful.
    An additional 600 health isn't going to help you. If five people pile on you at a lesser and you don't leave the room, you're going to die. Just ask @Daskalos, who has upwards of 8,000 health.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• @stathan: If you aren't a whore (like me) who can afford a lyre, best thing you can do is shield up, and leave the room the moment they enter. Wait 1-2 seconds for them to swap targets, then go back in. Watch for when their current target is going to drop, and get ready to leave. Faster balance might help with keeping your up-time that allows you to remain mobile. Like Ashmer says, 600 health won't help that much - at the most it'll buy you an extra attack if the attacks land properly. It's still the shield (absorbing one guy's balance) + leaving the room ASAP that will keep you from spending the lesser battle in conversation with Varian.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Lyres are pointless for those of us on the life side... Mentis goes through it and Carnifex can raze it. Maybe that can be changed or something. One can hope, right @Oleis?

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

MoireanIlyon
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    I fully support doing something about it. My suggestion? Remove the lyre. >.>
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

HavenAngwe
    Lol. Lrn2skills.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Daskalos said:

Lyres are pointless for those of us on the life side... Mentis goes through it and Carnifex can raze it. Maybe that can be changed or something. One can hope, right @Oleis?

Lyre is far more useful for lifers. We can erode it, but that is a specific check, whereas Lumis can attempt attacks and chain an order at the end for free. And, ya know, I'm like the only person who rolls up as Carni, whereas Lumi is insanely popular atm.
    Ishin
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited June 2014
    @Stathan yeah extra HP isn't going to do diddly squat when a horde targets you.

Also being first target is a symptom of playing Templar class >.> it's the equivalent of a taunt vs the darkie side pretty much.
    Moirean
    Ezalor said:

@Stathan yeah extra HP isn't going to do diddly squat when a horde targets you.

Also being first target is a symptom of playing Templar class >.> it's the equivalent of a taunt vs the darkie side pretty much.

Don't give me that crap <.<

You said the same thing about being a monk because "kai banish is unicorns". You just like making me feel loved.
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Weeeeeell Monk just happens to be right after Templar on the hate list!

Not so much anymore though with Banish being curbed!
    edited June 2014
    Templar's retribution is insanely potent in team fights, so we tend to attack them first. However, there's a lot of various factors that go into who I call as target (If I'm leading) so I always find it a bit funny when people assume they are some fixed and immutable PK priority (and bitch and whine about it. This really goes for both sides).
    Moirean said:

Templar's retribution is insanely potent in team fights, so we tend to attack them first. However, there's a lot of various factors that go into who I call as target (If I'm leading) so I always find it a bit funny when people assume they are some fixed and immutable PK priority (and bitch and whine about it. This really goes for both sides).

Oh no, I find it amusing when I'm first target over Val or Conner. Mainly because that's almost the exact opposite tactic they normally run on this side of the fence. Take out the highest threat first, not the lowest. Though there are priority lists and so on so unless the same 5 people show up at a lesser (yeah right) at the same time at every lesser, the kill order changes. I was just commenting on being first target lately because I do get gibbed pretty quick. Doesn't bother me, just trying to find ways to survive a bit longer.

Also @Ezalor, I repeat myself. You just know how to make a guy feel loved.
    Yeah, the fact that you drop quick makes you priority, in certain team comps.
    AshmerStathanAlice