Short COMBAT Questions

Comments

• DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Like, I want to say ALL of the ab's are outdated and flat our wrong for Carnifex. You don't gain the speed boost anymore, that's how old OP af(and lame af) Carnifex use to work.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• edited April 2015
    Yeah, I figured. I just also figured that if that part is out of date, how the hell do I even really know what it actually does? I've also typo'd several other things from Deathlore...I hope they fix em soon. Also Mastery in Savagery doesn't have a period at the end of any of the selections when you select them. Ok, thanks for the answer!
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Fun fact: The Carnifex revamp is what inspired us to completely change the way we handle stuff like that and streamline our AB updates. I'll take a peek at the Deathlore bug queue this week and figure out what you've got submitted.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Malok
  • Maybe this is just me, but I'm noticing the same group of people challenging and accepting sect arena spars. And well before the year is up, you've already fought someone 10 times, and start getting 0 points for winning. Which discourages people from challenging and accepting spars, and to have it functioning fully, at least to me. It might be a good idea, just for the sect arena, to either remove or limit the decrease for killing the same person. It can get pretty annoying, especially with the cooldowns, when you challenge and get someone you know you can't get any points for. Or make it so you can see who is challenging, so you don't accept a spar that will get you both 0 points. Though I think limiting or removing the point reduction is the better option here.
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    I feel that's probably more a symptom of how the Sect doesn't encourage participation as much as victory. See @Lim's post in the other thread. You likely wouldn't really run into this problem when you have a regular pool of 20 ppl challenging for example, as opposed to right now where you have like 5.

Ishin
  • Are artifact scythes still a thing and if so, do they buff speed?
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited June 2015
    No you need runes for scythe now as in level2 - level3. I use level 3 for the speed as it allows my whispers and scythe to pair up closer. In terms of customising it I use a transformation rune now.

I use the following:

- Crown
    - Runes level 3 on scythe
    - HELP ENHANCEMENTS (Speed - Equilibrium)

Which results in these speeds below:

Riluo's mana stands at 98%.
    Whirling an ethereal scythe drenched in shadow, you carve open yourself.
    You jerk your body to the side, lessening the blow.
    Health Lost: 709, cutting, brute
    Health Gain: 57
    Your fitness has been stripped.
    Balance Used: 3.33 seconds
    You use Mentis Dwhisper on you.
    You lock your gaze to yourself's for the briefest moment and sharply whisper a word of command, driving the imperative into your mind with the force of your supernatural will.
    Equilibrium Used: 3.22 seconds

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• I would also note, having used the same statpack enhancement and gotten the same speeds as well, that one disadvantage to doing that is that if you bash a lot, its immensely slower to not use +balance. 3.33 vs 3.49s is not a huge gain in affliction speed compared to the massive loss of speed while bashing.

Just something to think about, @Kaedok
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • The gain is actually ridiculously good overall. Afflictions are only one facet to Rituos pvp, ignoring the others is quite silly if you have any intentions of being more than bottom mid tier.
  • @Riluo Thank you that was exactly what I was looking for
    Riluo
    edited November 2015
    You channel yourself through your doppleganger.
    All your tarot cards of that type have been charged and are ripe with mystic energy.
    You channel yourself through your doppleganger.
    You use Tarot Lust on Adali.
    You quickly fling a Lust card at Adali and her eyes light up.
    Adali has lust!
    Balance Used: 2.79 seconds
    H:5507 M:4252 E:28886 W:16159 B:98% Deepnight [csdb e-] Soul: 100
    The dense thickets encircling the overgrowth rapidly wither away.
    Zsadist sticks himself with a long needle.
    Zsadist eats a kidney slice.
    Mana Lost: 35
    Health Lost: 40
    H:5467 M:4217 E:28886 W:16184 B:98% Deepnight [csdb e-] Soul: 100
    You have recovered balance on all limbs.
    You pick up a monolith sigil.
    You remove 1 Empress, bringing the total in the cache to 1908.
    You use Tarot Empress.
    You throw the card at the ground and it quickly grows into a portal.
    Balance Used: 2.60 seconds
    I didn't get the monolith failed message or unallied message, so what in the world stopped this Empress and why does it not give a failure message?

Edit: Turns out she was templar, so I'm assuming it's focus. Would be nice to get a message of some sort attached to it though.

• Adali is broken... I wasn't getting any failed Brazier messages either. However, Grawthorg (also Templar) I'd get the failed brazier messages. So I'm assuming its something specific to Adali.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• Focus is a defense you can turn on or off that prevents movement by pretty much any means. I'm assuming it covers both Empress and Brazier but fails to get the message.

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited December 2015
    Will we ever see the undeadstats change for undead and vampires (rituos) that cause negative healing from serum's. It is a old legacy carry over and since then we have seen mend slowed down considerably, heal a lot less from it and the reduction in fortify/blessing in the last four years. Also changes to armour etc.

Is it something that can be revisited given it has been left as is since day one.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• Temptation/Seduction + mend + bb having really good dodge (if you don't max dex after str then ???????????) + a formidable audit and access to the full potential of protection arti (for bb)

As a fellow vampire

what?

Ishin
  • What is the point of telesense if people can just cloak the mind lock?

Zsadist
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Draiman said:

What is the point of telesense if people can just cloak the mind lock?

BECAUSE NOW YOU KNOW. AND KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Draiman
    edited December 2015
    y r monks so gud

• Because anytime liaison reports go through to nerf dmg to a more acceptable amount, they get rejected under the pretense of #lrn2parry.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Riluo
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    I see SOMEONE still hasn't learned to parry...
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

Avishai
  • Trager said:

I see SOMEONE still hasn't learned to parry...

Parrying don't do shit against monks when they can fry you with their brains.
  • i parry very well just slow
    DraimanXenia
  • also no messing with my mind it's so cluttered
    DraimanJensen
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Draiman said:

y r monks so gud

LIAISON LIST

That'll explain things to you with as few words as possible.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    ZsadistRiluo
  • Ishin said:

Draiman said:

y r monks so gud

LIAISON LIST

That'll explain things to you with as few words as possible.
    I know a few of them liaisons have complained about the damage monks do and learning to parry is DUMB when one of them can just autobash you even if you parry.
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • Is there anyway we can get the actually calculations that goes into determining your audit percentages?
    Melantha says, "Just as I have earned the title of Mistress." You say, "Oh, I thought you got that other ways." You cough softly. Melantha tilts her head curiously at you. Melantha asks, "Is that something I should punch you for?" You look at Melantha and give her a sad nod. Melantha thrusts her arm out in a quick jab at you. She connects! Melantha asks, "Do try to avoid that in the future, hm?"
  • Draiman said:

What is the point of telesense if people can just cloak the mind lock?

I think telesense was invented as a means to just otherwise tell if some lazy telepath didn't cloak their stuff. Otherwise, the only way you can detect a mindlock is via Telepathy Hypersense.

That said, I don't really understand the whole "learn to parry" argument. I don't feel any class should be able to do ridiculous amounts of damage with an off-the-bat basic bashing attack that requires no setup and has little to no counterplay. This argument can be applied to back when Monks had trip tied to their parry and instantly proned/stunned the target, making for quick and easy BBTs. Instead of bringing Guard to an acceptable place, you could just argue "Don't hit their parry." It's something that's just bound to happen, at some point. While I understand in this case it's not that dramatic of a win button, still, if a Tekura user's ultimate ideal goal is BBT or AXK, then I don't understand how doing ridiculous amounts of damage on a basic bashing attack justifies that.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • edited January 2016
    Report# 2133 Decision - "simple alias"
    Problem:
    Holding herbs and slices on hand is a part of combat, and the need for it is outdated and irritating. One needs to hold a number of these curatives on hand, or 'pre-cache', because afflictions like broken arms, web, and so forth prevent you from using any OutC commands. Many more reasons existed that made pre-caching needed, and changes have spoken for the game's stance on these fixed problems. Some issues included: old aeon, where the extra commands could have killed you; constant hangedman, what isn't possible anymore; staggered and stacked writhing afflictions, what aren't possible anymore; and constant paralysis, what now doesn't stop OutC as paresis or full paralysis. In other games, opposing sides could collect and use the herbs and gold the enemy drops. In this game, living and undead curatives aren't worthwhile loot for opposing sides, and no other form of looting is mechanically encouraged. Pipes and syringes don't have these restrictions on refilling, though they do have bal/eq for lighting/flicking which is addressed in artifacts. The new FluidCache does not have these restrictions. No class relies on locking OutC to get their kill, nor does any class expect curing to be slowed when it happens. Teaming doesn't need this advantage, as there are more efficient ways to kill single targets in a team setting. All this mechanism does now is raise the difficulty of entry into PvP for new people, and make slices and herbs random litter.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Decision:
    2016/01/17 02:44:59
    We don't really feel like pre-caching puts any real barrier or stress on participation in combat. Pulling out a few spare herbs can be done with a simple alias if you're concerned someone will use a cache-lock tactic against you.
    What?

A 'simple alias' will track how many slices or herbs you're holding at any given moment without the aid of INV? What simple alias?
    I mean, you know, an amount.

Serrice
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    My precache solution:

Alias: 'pc'

Send:

outc 30 bloodroot
    outc 10 goldenseal
    outc 10 ginseng
    outc 10 lobelia
    outc 10 bellwort
    outc 10 ash