The Aetolian Confessionals

Comments

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Lil' nugget.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    We're like all famous NPCs in WoW, half again as tall as the normal plebs.
    OmeiAryanne
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    None of my characters have a specified height and there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for this!
    So, you're 6 feet 9 inches tall? Oooh.. that means you're.. um... let's see. Er... 
    *brings up browser and rushes to the marked site for measurement conversions*
    Hrm... um.. 
    *internet lags, I panic because I'm taking too long with my emote, screw the damn thing!*
    Ah, yes! It most likely means that you're quite possibly taller(?) than me, right? Maybe?
    *emotes looks -up- to catch your gaze.*

I hate having to convert to normal measures! (because yes, US system makes no sense, so not normal!)

AryanneFerrik
  • Toz's height is just listed as 'taller than you'. If he looks in a mirror, the world explodes.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Brayden
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Sarita is 5'1" because 5' was just too cliche. I don't have the normal numbers in her description, but in various ones that I use, she's described as being slight, petite, having a posture that makes her appear taller, and "diminutive" compared to others of her race. In emotes she will frequently have to tilt her chin or face up when she's looking someone in the eye because every single azudim in BL is taller than she is. By a lot. I am occasionally guilty of assuming that non-endgamers will also be taller, especially men, but if it really seems important to the scene and it's not mentioned specifically in their desc, I might send an OOC tell to ask.
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    edited February 2014
    Dain is somewhere between 4'9 and 4'11 [but totally never 4'10.], depending on requirements of a situation.

He was about a foot taller, as a human, and as a Tekal, was nearly seven and a half feet - something that he loathed, and was one of the reasons he was tekal for only a few days.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Teani said:

Wow, so... I've never heard of most of those units of measurement!
    Arbre
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage

* I pretty much never look at descriptions, mostly because I forget to do so. I love Writing descriptions though. Much like Daingean, I give people a face in my head and once I look at someones description, it usually ruin things for me. For at least one rl year, I thought Urial was a human with his shoulder length hair in a ponytail, not a green xoran with a red stripe.

* I never log anything, which I usually end up regretting when rp'ing with some really awesome people.

* I tend to take a lot of notes on various documents. Anything from crafting ideas, to requirements, to news posts. Nothing is ever sorted though, and I can find documents called mixed1, mixed2, mixed3 and so on with 5-10 different topics in it.

* I don't like pk because I have no system that handles Everything for me. Not sure I would be able to even with a system though. I'm sortof a Control freak and I want to know what's going on, meaning I sometimes scroll up in mid-fight read a small note, scroll back down and find myself at the mirror.

*I'm sure that if I were to not be such a Control freak and I had a system to handle most things for me, I would love pk. The handful of times I have actually managed to kill someone on any of my chars, I tend to preen like a peacock.

*I find crafting to be really tedious, mainly because of my poor grammar. There are certan things I am struggling with that I will Always struggle with. (have/had and such). No matter what I do, I Always write the wrong thing.

*I never expected to make any Money with Sessi's Sweet Shop, but am very happy to see that her food actually sell!

*There are a lot of people I would die to rp with, but I'm too scared of approaching them because I don't Think I am cool enough for them. I imagine myself being a bothering llittle gnat that just buzzez around and annoys people and they can't wait to get rid of me.

*Having a friend tell me my emotes has evolved in the 5 years I have known him made me smile from ear to ear.

• AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Emelle said:
    I guess I have a related confession: I frequently reference various aspects of Emelle's attributes (both physical and worn) in my emotes because I am paranoid people don't bother to read my lovingly crafted description and strategically chosen accessories.

/sniff

This, dear God, this.

I LOVE when I'll be RPing with someone, and two emotes in I emote Ashmer's crest unfurling, or his creepy eye rolling in its socket, and they'll go wait. What. Doubletake. *look* *read*

So fun!

I confess that I'm having a really hard time reshaping Ashmer as his roles and the people around him change. I've been RPing a -lot,- and there's these weird dynamics cropping up that are really challenging, and finding his voice, literally, like how I want him to talk, is really hard.

Also, back at you, @Veovis. Creeptown off the port bow, ho!

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I took height out of my desc entirely, and I just emote whatever I feel like at the moment.  Consistency ftw.
    Aryanne
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    Ashmer said: 

I confess that I'm having a really hard time reshaping Ashmer as his roles and the people around him change. I've been RPing a -lot,- and there's these weird dynamics cropping up that are really challenging, and finding his voice, literally, like how I want him to talk, is really hard. 

So much that ^

Today I realized how inconsistent I've been with Emelle's dialect over the past few years and it actually made me really anxious. I probably spent twenty minutes rationalizing it to a point that at least somewhat satisfied me. :\
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
     - I always try to read your description. If it is a wall of text, I might have to reread it a few times to get all the way through it. I also try to reference things from descriptions. 

- I like short haven entrances. Mine is 'Mariena poofs away'. 

I love reading descriptions! I love writing descriptions!

....But some people be like

KatsziaHaven
  • My mental image of Angwe falls somewhere between your forum icon and that picture, @Angwe.
    EmelleAryanne
    Pretty close, TBH. Give him perma-barkskin and glowing smoke filling the sockets and you're there.
  • edited July 2014

Emelle
  • *Erzsebet is taller than I ever wanted her to be, really, at 6 feet. She started at about 5'8, went up to 5'10 at Tekal, and is 6'0 as an Idreth. This still puts her at shorter than most men and some endgame women.

*Kiralla, meanwhile, is one of those who has always been and has remained, ridiculously short. She's somewhere in the 5'1/2-5'2 range, with her desc reading 'just over five feet in height'. She got a little taller as a tekal, up to about 5'5 but it felt weird, to her. So she reverted back down.

*When she quit, I inherited a lot of Moirean's designs from the crafting clan--and I was going through my designs the other day trying to find a pair of black shoes to go with an outfit I'd made someone, and raged really hard, because I saw that one of them had a Fleur-de-lys in it. -.-

imageimage
    • I'm a very slow reader.
    • I hate long descriptions, but I really WANT to read them, because I really want to be reacting to you properly and behaving accordingly to what you look like
    • This combination means that I need to be relatively sure we'll actually be RPing long enough that I'll actually have time to read through your epic-long description AND form an emote without you thinking I've gone AFK, and then have you run off and leave.
    • Thanks to Arb's system/my own obsessive effort, I have about 115+ words color-coded when I'm on my main computer. This helps me read descriptions INCREDIBLY fast(er) because I can just skip over to a colored word and know where to look to for various body parts/eye color/hair color/etc.
      • (It also means my goldfish memory is easily reminded by just glancing back and seeing some green-colored word near a face word and I can remember that "yes, the eyes were green, not the tail/ears/fingers/scales/feathers/hair/horns/whatever else is in your epic endgame description that I'm thinking of)
    • It also makes a lot of rooms really pretty when there's a lot of color-words used in the description
    • I've been almost solely on my chromebook RPing lately, so I've been lacking my colors, and it makes me sad.
    • Chromebook + new client also means I've had no easy-spelling-correcting abilities, so I have to limit myself to words I'm relatively certain I know how to spell.
    • I LOVE throwing anatomy words into emotes, but I try to tone then down to words I'm pretty sure most people know.
    • Bullet points make me happy.

RPing with @Aryanne means a lot of looking up bones on google.
    OmeiRivas
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited February 2014

*Riluo was never created to be anything other than a way for a fallen priest rp (his original class) to be played out with the aim of entering a House and destroy it by converting its servants to the light. That failed I think :(

*Riluo has never married or had a partner in Aetolia, as his first "player wife" (both 18 and newbies) died with his three children in the first Ashtan/Bloodloch wars. He has their bones in his haven minus the children's heads, which he wears on his body:

Extract from the haven description:

Situated at the far end of the temple soaked in a vibrant white light is a raised platform of Sandstone and glass. Beneath the glass reside two adult sized sarcophaguses of cobalt and pale white. Contained in one are the flawlessly preserved remains of three tiny headless children, clasped tightly to the hands of the bigger female child in the middle.

Also if you ever see his haven return message you might notice a link to his children:

Extract from it:

........Deep within the abyss, an icy gale howls upward from the depths of the abyss accompanied by the
    emergence of a colossal azure sarcophagus of ice. A piercing scream emanates from within the tomb as three ethereal figures materialize, colliding violently into Riluo's towering form and dragging him backwards into the sarcophagus.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Riluo said:
    ...minus the children's heads, which he wears on his body...
    AryanneJaslineSaritaRiluoOmeiHaven
  • I want to RP with @aryanne and talk about anatomy.

And that is not what I was thinking, pervs.
    Arbre
  • *Xaven just joined 'kahi. I keep trying to target as @Xavin.
    imageimage
    AryanneIosyneXavinArbre
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Aarbrok is always hunched, but he almost reaches six foot hunched over...I imagine if he stood straight.

A little over six foot?
  • *When I first joined Ve'kahi as Erzsebet, all the men I ran into were seven, seven and a half feet tall xorani. At the time, it seemed strangely/absurdly tall. Now it's just kinda like. Eh. Approximately normal.
    imageimage
    Aryanne
  • Iosyne said:
    A fraction of the age, but just as noob.
    :(

CiarelleHavenAryanneSetne
  • Arbre said:
    I took height out of my desc entirely, and I just emote whatever I feel like at the moment.  Consistency ftw.
    I don't specifically describe the color of Veovis' eyes or his height. I use adjectives like slight and diminutive and leave the specifics up to the reader. 

This article pretty much summarizes my thoughts on description writing. 
    Emelle
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Aryanne said:
    • Thanks to Arb's system/my own obsessive effort, I have about 115+ words color-coded when I'm on my main computer. This helps me read descriptions INCREDIBLY fast(er) because I can just skip over to a colored word and know where to look to for various body parts/eye color/hair color/etc.
      • (It also means my goldfish memory is easily reminded by just glancing back and seeing some green-colored word near a face word and I can remember that "yes, the eyes were green, not the tail/ears/fingers/scales/feathers/hair/horns/whatever else is in your epic endgame description that I'm thinking of)
    • It also makes a lot of rooms really pretty when there's a lot of color-words used in the description
    Life in Aryanne's world.

[spoiler]
    [/spoiler]
    Omei
  • Jesus
    Omei