The Aetolian Confessionals

Comments

• Australia is Mordor?
    Riluo
  • Irruel said:
    Want me to describe -you- in under 10 words, @hadoryu?
    Yes!
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Uses desks, Elene, and a rose tattoo on his cheek?
    MoireanArbre
  • That's more of a summary than a description though.
  • This could get dirty really fast I don't like it.

Bam, 10 words. 

HadoryuMoireanAarbrokArbreRivasAryanneAreka
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I almost feel like this warrants a new thread for us to all describe each other XD
    HadoryuArbreAryanne
  • Arbre said:
    Irruel said:
    C'mon man, he's a Kiwi and I'm Aussie. Please stop confusing us :(

I thought New Zealand was like a state on Australia.
    It practically is. We share (trade) lots of things - like celebrities and possums.
    Arbre
  • Hadoryu said:
    Irruel said:
    Want me to describe -you- in under 10 words, @hadoryu?
    Yes!
    I tried - eight of the ten words came out as "unicorns" though. It didn't make any sense!
    HadoryuMoireanPiperPerilunaTeaniOmeiArbreHaven
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    I think "Aetolians in Ten Words or Less" would be a quality thread.

Also yes, NZ is middle earth, Aus is Deathcontinent Australis.

• PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Sometimes, when life gets too stressful for me, I drop all my characters and disappear into 'happy bash land' on another alt. Then I feel bad for flaking out on my characters with responsibility and get stressed out thinking that people will hate me when I return to them because of the week or two that I was gone during, and beat myself up about it. I hate people thinking that I'm flaky buuuuut... I kinda am. I will always lean towards RL stuff over IG stuff, esp if I feel like I'm being burnt out.

This 'Happy Bash Land' has resulted in five endgamers, none over 102.
    Aryanne
  • @Piper honestly, I never assume anyone's a flake, and still take all plans in any game with a grain of salt. Because ultimately, I maintain the mentality that Aetolia is just a game, leaning towards RL over IG stuff is perfectly fine! 

JaslinePiperRivasNolaKaleighMoireanAryanneEmelle
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs

Here's another confession.. whenever (and it's fairly often) Piper gets into her 'Diary of a Mad Black Woman' nagging tirades, I channel a coworker of mine that is, quite possibly, one of the loudest and most ghettofabulous person that I've ever known.

I also get inspired by Madea.

PerilunaOmeiInfinEmelle
  • I confess that I just wrote a story about carnage and slaughter and how gory the killing for a Carni is... then I got sort of upset reading it because it was gory and I hate gore
    PiperTeaniAryanneIosyne
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Daskalos was originally designed after I heard Papa Roach's 'Getting Away with Murder' track. His general attitude and cockiness is very Papa Roach inspired... to the point of tracks such as 'Not Listening' and 'Burn'.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

KatsziaSlyphe
  • Do you cut your life into pieces?

Is this your last resort?

i am rapture coder
    KatsziaFerrikArbreDraimanAryanne
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Suffocation, no breathing, don't give a... wait, can't say that on these forums! BAD OMEI ALMOST TRICKED ME

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• So close.

i am rapture coder
  • ...Wait. Is this actually the legit 666th discussion ever made? Because my URL says this is discussion 666, page 6.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

CannanArbreAryanne
  • Illidan said:
    Meskhenet said:
    Hmm, I suppose I could take a turn at this.

-I tend to Alt when I get bored on Mesk. I have probably made like 5-6, but I tend to be able to only manage playing 1-2 at best. It is super hard for me to get past that point of not being a novice anymore and establishing the character fully, and taking the step to meet new people to RP with.

What has Kira done to you. 
    Okay. Hey now.

First confession. Would be the obvious alt-count. That everyone knows, pretty much. So instead! Plot-twist!

*I haven't PLAYED* any of my alts for more than 20 minutes or so in the past two weeks or so before today. Maybe more. (*Not counting the one time I logged on Dara, RP'd with Haven in tells for like 5 minutes and then forgot to log off and afk idled for two hours.)

*I haven't played most of my alts for more than five hours a week at the VERY least since I unquit Aetolia, but really, accurately, most of them for the past five months, at least.

*I may have read this entire thread before posting. As such, have a couple page 2 related confessions.

Re: Pregnancy RP

- I've done it, a lot. Mostly on my Daru and on Taelyndara. I've sort of ftb'd all of the actual childbirth, because I find it both difficult/awkward to RP as well as completely irrelevant to a character's development at all.

- Dara's pregnancy/related RP mostly consisted of a new desc every RL day, specific food cravings during the third/fourth months (she craves dolmeh/torshi a lot when she's pregnant) and odd food mixes (pancakes and fish etc), and semi-volatile (not like, uber-bitch, just emotionally moody) emotions, but only really in reaction to people leveling unexpectedly stressful things on her. Maternity clothing, for the last couple months. Also, stretchmarks, and lots of being exhausted and grumbly because the kid was keeping her awake/busy all the time for the year following. And then once the kid was a bit older, something of an exercise binge to get rid of most of the excess pregnancy weight, leaving her only a little fluffier than she was before. In general, not at all high drama productions. For the most part, her partner saw some of it, and a friend or two, but it was mostly solo RP, and unseen by people that aren't me. Just stuff that she did because she was pregnant with no fanfare. Some that she did in front of other people didn't strike people's radars as being 'odd' for her because they don't know her well enough to know that she -hates- dolmeh/torshi, etc.

-As much attention to detail and time as I put into Dara's pregnancy RP, Zahera's pregnancy RP mostly included the same kind of desc-changes, when I bothered to log onto her to change them and otherwise consisted of absolutely nothing else. >.> Except doing what she calls fire-proofing her babies, because Zahera is a crazy batshit pyro. >.>

- >.> *Fireproofing here having the meaning of setting up a dozen or so firewalls in Spinesreach-type locations, and then around running around through them fireblocked in a usually-solo ritual while she's still in month 1-2 of the pregnancy. She believes that this somehow magically makes them 'safe'  from fire, and thus more-inclined to avoid undeath because it makes them more in tune with their spark. Despite the fact that it clearly does none of these things. She made her own daughter do this when -she- was pregnant as well.

*I play Erzsebet about eighteen hours a day, during which I'm actively at my computer with the Aetolia screen at least mostly dominant.

*I appear to idle far more often than I actually do, because I'm often crafting in huge binges in notepad. My last binge spanned three days and ended up with a hundred and six items by the time I finished. The NEXT binge started about two days later and had 30 new things done up in notepad before the other stuff was even finished going through the queue.

*When my computer doesn't work, or I'm out riding the bus on the way back from a job interview or whatever, I craft in a notebook, or on notebook paper.

*I craft to an excessive amount. When I type design list on Erz, it shows me 2%. It shows me 4% on Kiralla's. And 10% on Ve'kahi's list, which I wrote all of for the house shop before I had tailoring on Erz. I've lost at -least- 10%-20% of Kiralla's designs to expire dates and thinking setting it to autopay would just take the gold out of my inventory, only to find out 4 RL years later, that such is NOT how it works.

*I have something ridiculous, like 2500 credits worth of shiny things in my haven, where I don't get to RP very much anymore because my activity doesn't count for TOPHOUSES up there, and the number getting low because I'm not 'contributing' to it, even though that doesn't really matter all that much anymore, makes me anxious.

*I'm out of things to use credits for, really. Like. I have a ton of artifacts I don't use. I -guess- I could get PK-viable artifacts? But I don't PK. I have stats-raising artifacts that I got -after- I got Idreth, and I don't use those, really, either, except to just. Sit there. With 7.5k health/mana for no apparent reason. Or a staff of illusion. Something. I dunno. Most artifacts I get anymore, I get for the item it's on, so I can customize it to be something boss.

*I only have the (1050 credit) phoenix pet I have, because Galleus wouldn't let me have a naga for nonsensically nonsensical reasons.

**I use my phoenix pet for crafting.

*As apparent by the above confessions, I am a total credit whore, even though I haven't really bought credits in over a year.

*I have three alts that aren't permanent.
    *I have five? That don't have level eighty.
    *Of these, three are level 75-79, and two will probably never have 80.
    *I have one that is level 85 that I have never bashed on. Ever. Or quested. Ever. Yay, wheel + blessings + etc
    *I have a bunch that are in the 85 range, and I'm starting to get the urge to bring them all to tekal despite the fact that 1) I hate bashing, and 2) I don't have time for such things.
    *My oldest character is 254, my youngest is 36.

*The longest I've ever quit Aetolia was four weeks.
    *When I came back, my average time, over five weeks, was still thirty-six hours.
    *I only unquit because of @Chakrasul and @Eliser.
    *I spent the first week I was back wishing I had never un-quit.
    *I only managed to quit because I have another mud that I play.
    *I made my latest character on that MUD talk like Erzsebet, so that I'd stop randomly having the accent carry over to Erz at random.

*Unrelated, I feel Aetolia is sort of hit-and-miss for me anymore, no matter what I'm doing. Some days, I can't wait to log in when I wake up. Other days, I get up, look at the login screen and go back to sleep. And when I do get up and log on, I'm just sort of -there- vaguely interacting with the world/people because I should rather than because I want to.
    imageimage
    PiperAryanneBrae
  • IngramIngram Alaska
    edited February 2014
    I have absolutely no idea why Ingram's ear is missing. Can't remember for the life of me.

Same with the scar on his hand. Although that might've been Omei.

In addition, ever since my little two year hiatus and coming back, I'm so ignorant of events and people. I didn't know Ezalor was anybody but some vampire I met at a leyline. Had a vague idea of who Maghak, Damariel, Ivoln, and Dhar are. Stuff like that. 

Don't really know jack about the Carnifex.

I confuse people a lot and don't remember others from Ingram's past.

Probably only got back into Aetolia because of Omei and Emelle, so blame them. And glad I did, since getting back into it, meeting more characters, etc etc, I'm having a lot of fun.

Sometimes I think about alts, but then I remember transcending skills, inventing a new person, getting classed, bashing up to a decent level*, all that. 

I hate my other characters. I've been playing this game since I was 13, and since then, have done some dumb, cheesy, permanent facepalm stuff. There all awful and something villainous out of the discount book section of Fred Meyer. There's a vampire who's so old nobody probably remembers him, and I could reasonably retcon -everything- and get away with it, but /lazy

*Probably not ever getting Tekal or whatever. In part, hate bashing, but also Ingram doesn't really feel a need to improve on himself.
    AryanneOmei
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I don't know if this is a confession so much as... I wish I was friendlier. I feel like I can tend to drive people away. I tend to veer between aloof and OVER THE TOP, with little middle ground. I'm sure I'm not the only one like this, but sometimes I think I'm a bit of an elitist, I don't mean to be, but I just tune a lot of players out if they're not interesting to me. If I'm in any sort of slump or rut or bad day I often just won't respond to people. I think it shows! I sometimes need a shake or provocation to really get in to whatever random crap other people want from me.

I'm probably a lot friendlier in my making fun of/idly insulting people than I seem to be. In some general terms, if I'm taking the time to make fun of you, I probably at least register you/know or care enough about your character to belittle them! It's a harpy thing ok chill out.

When I came back to Aetolia mostly just meant to derp around pking, but my RP muscles are starting to flex again, don't quite feel up to my old standards but I have been managing to cause scandals and embarrass myself, which was usually a good sign in the past. Still feel like RP wise I don't really do anything important or get involved in any plots EVER beyond personal stuff. Not even the EPIC kind of personal stuff. I don't know. RARA RO MA MA.
    Aryanne
  • You guys! RP isn't measured by how many people see it, it's measured in the sincerity of your writing, and your willingness to portray your character as truthfully and as clearly as you are able. I can say personally, from having seen you in action firsthand, that both of you are every bit as good as anyone who's rated a news post or an RP log with 20+ replies.

i am rapture coder
    EmelleAryanneHavenArbre
  • <3333 @Omei
  • Here's a confession:

• First, I love using bulleted lists on the forums. It really draws the eye. Anyway, really though.
    • It's no secret that we can watch what you guys are doing. This is really awesome for RP if you happen to be a Goddess who deals in matters of the human heart. Consequently, I watch people. A lot. When I hear players expounding on parts of lore or history that aren't true, I get this little twitch that tells me I need to find a way to correct them somehow. It's really hard to rein that in!

i am rapture coder
    ArekaAngweKatszia
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    @Omei, try having someone try to convince you that Ollin is in fact the Ashtan isles and didn't exist before Ashtan sank. It still makes me cringe just thinking about it. And this was an ooc discussion, so not just someone playing dumb in the game.
    Omei
  • Omei said:
    •  When I hear players expounding on parts of lore or history that aren't true, I get this little twitch that tells me I need to find a way to correct them somehow. It's really hard to rein that in!
    This is so terribly true. The same goes for when you overhear people saying malicious things about the administration based off of things that aren't true - it makes me really, really want to say something to clarify the issue (or defend my friends and the people up here working hard to do what they do) but is obviously something we can't really do.

For a confession of my own:

- The new description I'm rocking (bonus confession: I admittedly wasn't the person who wrote it, major <3 to the person that did and portrayed exactly what I was going for and more), as well as a lot of the RP direction I'm trying to push Slyphe towards has been shamelessly inspired by Assassin's Creed: Black Flag. I absolutely fell in love with the story line and Edward Kenway as a character, and wanted to try and push Slyphe towards more of a gritty, pirate-esque image. 

MoireanPhoeneciaTeaniOmeiKatsziaNeithan
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    @Omei

Please feel free to correct me ICly or OOCly. I'm constantly worried about getting things wrong, since lore specifics can be hard to come by.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Sarita is occasionally guilty of distorting facts or historical events to push for a certain political agenda. Usually she'll back it up with something like, "Oh, but this post here says..." even if she knows she's taking it out of context or whatever.

That said, I kind of feel like Angwe. 10 real years of Aetolian events, lore, and expanding history can be a lot to keep track of. I don't know if having an OOC thing necessarily would fix it, but if there are ways of gods correcting blatantly wrong things (like a guard overhearing a conversation in a city and speaking up), I definitely wouldn't mind that.
    ArbreHaven
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Slyphe said:
    Omei said:
    •  When I hear players expounding on parts of lore or history that aren't true, I get this little twitch that tells me I need to find a way to correct them somehow. It's really hard to rein that in!
    This is so terribly true. The same goes for when you overhear people saying malicious things about the administration based off of things that aren't true - it makes me really, really want to say something to clarify the issue (or defend my friends and the people up here working hard to do what they do) but is obviously something we can't really do.

For a confession of my own:

- The new description I'm rocking (bonus confession: I admittedly wasn't the person who wrote it, major <3 to the person that did and portrayed exactly what I was going for and more), as well as a lot of the RP direction I'm trying to push Slyphe towards has been shamelessly inspired by Assassin's Creed: Black Flag. I absolutely fell in love with the story line and Edward Kenway as a character, and wanted to try and push Slyphe towards more of a gritty, pirate-esque image. 

Pirate Slyphe rocks my socks. Please, drink with your followers in public places and sneer at my undeadness and depravity moar.

Confession: I don't explore. Like, I love reading descs and learning about lore, but I never really go places and figure out secret exits, where shit is, etc etc.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• @Slyphe - I had a dream you turned us into Pirates O.o.
    imageimage